BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,925
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 70 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 69 70
Re: Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Keep crying. Crabs were the best when it was age based as well. Sorry that 4 kids who reclassed to 2020 threatens you so much.

No one is crying about this nor is anyone threaten by this, so you say, 4 holdbacks. Crabs had an one age 2020 team last summer at Vail and they were beaten badly. Crabs has more than 4 holdbacks, the Crabs organization leads most every age division with the most holdbacks, especially in 2020 and 2021. It is the way they game the system and it is the only way they can win. I have seen their 2020 team several times and I can tell the difference between a 15 year old and a 13 year old. When teams lose to Crabs they do not consider it a loss, they just simply realize how much Ryan M has cheated/gamed the system. I know by saying this the Crab faithful will come out yelling not true, we have very few hold backs blah blah blah. It is their defense posture to try and push attention away from them. You can't fool all the people all the time.

They were beaten badly in the finals that is. By what is possible one of the best youth lacrosse teams ever. Funny they managed to get to the finals with their on age kids if they are so bad

True, they did get to the finals but they lost the last game 19/8. If you were that successful with on age kids to get to the final game why does the Crab organization find it so necessary to overload their 2020 team with so many holdbacks. I think the answer is that Ryan M likes to roll over teams and he can do that with 15 year olds playing against 13 year olds. Those two years in age makes a big difference in physical and mental maturity. If Crabs had 2 or 3 holdbacks, like most other teams no one would say a thing, but when they clearly overload the holdbacks, everyone notices and takes exception.
Because of this Ryan M is not liked or respected in the youth lacrosse community. He is not a great youth coach and he lacks in a high lacrosse IQ in youth coaching, he makes up for this by having older/bigger kids make him look good.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Help if you are in the know with certain teams. My data is from parents on each of these teams. Should be pretty accurate.

Crabs - 13 holdbacks
Team 91 - 3-4 holdbacks
FCA - 2 holdbacks
Loonies - 1-2 holdbacks
Hawks - 1 holdback
Rising Sons - unknown

Crabs clearly favorite to win league but could be beat by any of these teams if they have off day. Crabs could literally play entire starting team with 9th grade age kids. Difference I see is Crabs coaching not at same level as Kelly, Million, Hogan, and Grimes. Watching Crabs play they run very predictable and basic offensive sets. Just have studs that can execute because bigger and more athletic then most teams. RM and AS not great lax IQ and may cost them games against better lacrosse minds teaching game at higher level. Either way 2020 is great class with many kids that will play at next level.

I predict Loonies as upset winners. They are very well coached and improve as year goes on. Thoughts?

FCA has more than 2. Looney has more than 1-2. Rising Sons has their kids' birthdates on the website. Depending on how you define holdback they could have 2 or 5. Know nothing about Hawks.

Some will disagree but to me there is a big difference between a kid with a summer birthday, who starts kindergarten a year late, and an otherwise perfectly normal kid who repeats 8th grade *just* to look better on the lacrosse field. Every team probably has a couple of the former, the Crabs promote and pursue the latter - and the parents are willing accomplices. Big difference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excuses already piling up and the season hasn't started. We need Bernie Sanders to be commissioner of Hoco. That way he would equally distribute the players and we would all be winners! Trophys for all!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree. In fact, many kindergarten teachers will recommend mid to late summer boys waiting to begin school. No teacher will recommend an 8th grader repeat. It just doesn't happen at that age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Help if you are in the know with certain teams. My data is from parents on each of these teams. Should be pretty accurate.

Crabs - 13 holdbacks
Team 91 - 3-4 holdbacks
FCA - 2 holdbacks
Loonies - 1-2 holdbacks
Hawks - 1 holdback
Rising Sons - unknown

Crabs clearly favorite to win league but could be beat by any of these teams if they have off day. Crabs could literally play entire starting team with 9th grade age kids. Difference I see is Crabs coaching not at same level as Kelly, Million, Hogan, and Grimes. Watching Crabs play they run very predictable and basic offensive sets. Just have studs that can execute because bigger and more athletic then most teams. RM and AS not great lax IQ and may cost them games against better lacrosse minds teaching game at higher level. Either way 2020 is great class with many kids that will play at next level.

I predict Loonies as upset winners. They are very well coached and improve as year goes on. Thoughts?

FCA has more than 2. Looney has more than 1-2. Rising Sons has their kids' birthdates on the website. Depending on how you define holdback they could have 2 or 5. Know nothing about Hawks.

Some will disagree but to me there is a big difference between a kid with a summer birthday, who starts kindergarten a year late, and an otherwise perfectly normal kid who repeats 8th grade *just* to look better on the lacrosse field. Every team probably has a couple of the former, the Crabs promote and pursue the latter - and the parents are willing accomplices. Big difference.

I disagree. Just because it is closer to the Sept 1 of MD school year/USL cutoff doesnt make player less of a holdback/prefirst/reclassify. It still is gaming system. Youth sports should not be classified by grade..it should be age. If that is May 1..so be it...But drop the grade letting select kids in,, make it a certain age and let all in...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excuses already piling up and the season hasn't started. We need Bernie Sanders to be commissioner of Hoco. That way he would equally distribute the players and we would all be winners! Trophys for all!

I don't really think these are excuses as much as they are observations about the Crabs organization and the overall general dislike for the way they game the grade base system. They are not respected as a strong club or team(s) and as long as Ryan M and his group of bandits continue with this large holdback system the dislike and disrespect for them will grow. People literally laugh at him on the sidelines during games. Plus at times I have seen him being disrespectful to his players during games. When things aren't going his way he doesn't demonstrate positive reinforcement but comes very close to belittling his players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree. In fact, many kindergarten teachers will recommend mid to late summer boys waiting to begin school. No teacher will recommend an 8th grader repeat. It just doesn't happen at that age.

Yes it does, just look at Crabs organization. Ryan M highly recommends that 8th graders repeat, but not for academics but for the sole purpose of being an older/bigger player on his team. But you are correct, a teacher would not suggest this unless for pure academic reasons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs - 13 holdbacks
Team 91 - 3-4 holdbacks
FCA - 2 holdbacks
Loonies - 1-2 holdbacks
Hawks - 1 holdback
Rising Sons - unknown

I disagree. Just because it is closer to the Sept 1 of MD school year/USL cutoff doesnt make player less of a holdback/prefirst/reclassify. It still is gaming system. Youth sports should not be classified by grade..it should be age. If that is May 1..so be it...But drop the grade letting select kids in,, make it a certain age and let all in...

As I said...some will disagree. But yes, I agree with you, ideally it would be age based, with verifiable ID cards, etc. to level the playing field for everyone, like real sports do it, who could have a problem with that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No excuses here. Just telling it like it is..in fact, I don't think Crabs defense can stop FCA attack. Probably best attack unit in country next to Team 91. I think FCA beats Crabs. They lost too them by 1 and that was without 4 very good players. I'd love to see what Crabs on age players parents r saying on sideline. No easy games in HOCO this year. That means on age Crabs kids will get less and less playing time because RM is going to have to field his best team every week if they want a chance to win. Last year they played mostly weak teams in NPYLL and would rotate on age kids in. This year holdbacks will get lionshare of playing time. Wonder if Crabs faithful will still defend the holdback system when their son hardly plays.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs - 13 holdbacks
Team 91 - 3-4 holdbacks
FCA - 2 holdbacks
Loonies - 1-2 holdbacks
Hawks - 1 holdback
Rising Sons - unknown

In an age based system August 31 and September 01 same thing, by your logic August 31= HOLDACK, sounds a little silly to me, but I agree that age based is the way to go.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No excuses here. Just telling it like it is..in fact, I don't think Crabs defense can stop FCA attack. Probably best attack unit in country next to Team 91. I think FCA beats Crabs. They lost too them by 1 and that was without 4 very good players. I'd love to see what Crabs on age players parents r saying on sideline. No easy games in HOCO this year. That means on age Crabs kids will get less and less playing time because RM is going to have to field his best team every week if they want a chance to win. Last year they played mostly weak teams in NPYLL and would rotate on age kids in. This year holdbacks will get lionshare of playing time. Wonder if Crabs faithful will still defend the holdback system when their son hardly plays.

Didn't looneys and force smoke FCA in their last games?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this the same attack that went 1-2 at the fall showdown? Crabs/Crush were not even there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My understanding is many FCA kids didn't play in fall. I know they beat Loonies in both games during spring season. I think Crabs is favorite but will lose 1-2 games this season. Crabs lost 10-5 to Edge. They seem to play up and down. If they continue their inconsistent pattern they'll lose in HOCO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My understanding is many FCA kids didn't play in fall. I know they beat Loonies in both games during spring season. I think Crabs is favorite but will lose 1-2 games this season. Crabs lost 10-5 to Edge. They seem to play up and down. If they continue their inconsistent pattern they'll lose in HOCO.

The team that lost to Edge was the Denver team, they were missing the holdbacks that played at beach lax plus any other 2020s who did not meet the age cutoff. They will probably roll through the HoCo league, but who cares.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well...whatever. Yes, you never know with FCA since they have no problem bringing in whoever they need to based on who their opponent is. How disappointed God must be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs - 13 holdbacks
Team 91 - 3-4 holdbacks
FCA - 2 holdbacks
Loonies - 1-2 holdbacks
Hawks - 1 holdback
Rising Sons - unknown

In an age based system August 31 and September 01 same thing, by your logic August 31= HOLDACK, sounds a little silly to me, but I agree that age based is the way to go.

May sound silly to you but it is a holdback/prefirst?? It may only be a one day holdback/prefirst and much much less than a Jan 1 holdback/prefirst but they are one in the same. Go to any other sport and see if they let you play if you are one day before cutoff. Only Lacrosse has this convoluted system. Most sports do give exceptions, but are on limited basis.

We both agree that age base is way to go. And frankly I dont think grade would be that big a deal if we didnt have this epidemic of children held back. With some teams having 25% to 75% of the starting line up heldback it sure isnt a fair system in youth sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I define hold back as anyone with e birthday before 9/1. That is the cutoff for kindergarten in PA. If a kid started in kindergarten when they were 6 they are a hold back. (No matter the reason) and it really doesn't matter when you were held back, you are still the age of the 2019 class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yawn. Do you think all this complaining is going to change anything? Ugg. Is there a board where we can discuss the college games this weekend? Like how Syracuse put on a clinic against a woefully out matched Seina team? How Mommoth looked good against Jacksonville.

All this hold back junk is getting old. It happens, the clubs and the parents do it. If you do not like it, play for another club. Win some games, loose some games but make sure your kid loves the game of Lacrosse. All the other issues is just noise the older you get.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about Loyola..great goalie play, Spencer has terrific first college game. Virginia has not found offense yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Main forum has college lacrosse forum to discuss college games/teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about Loyola..great goalie play, Spencer has terrific first college game. Virginia has not found offense yet.

UVA came out flat. Yikes. Love college lax. Need to get on the main forum. See you holdback crazy parents. smile

Like Reply Quote
Re: Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo)
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess at the 2022 AA teams would be in no particular order:
Cannons, Team 91 (Old Breakers), Madlax, Hawks, Crabs, Bethesda, Diamondbacks, Rough Riders, FCA, 3D

My guess at the A division would be Club Blue, Next Level, Storm, Mavericks (Old Thunder), Koopers, Looneys, Lax Factory, Lax World, Greene Turtle, Sidewinders

For B & C - who knows.

Club Blue playing AA. 3D playing A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cannons, Team 91 (Old Breakers), Madlax, Hawks, Crabs, Bethesda, Diamondbacks, Rough Riders, FCA, 3D

My guess at the A division would be Club Blue, Next Level, Storm, Mavericks (Old Thunder), Koopers, Looneys, Lax Factory, Lax World, Greene Turtle, Sidewinders

For B & C - who knows.

Does anyone have a idea when HOCO will post the Divisions for each age group?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For B & C - who knows.

First week in April

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For B & C - who knows.

First week in April

If were lucky...seems like only the coaches know the schedule for the first few weeks of the season. Always late. Would be nice if they put it up a few weeks prior.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021: Crabs, Bethesda, Hawks, Green Turtle, Koopers

These are AA Teams - hopefully some additional Clubs will step up too.

Madlax, FCA,& Club Blue also

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why on Earth are the Sons 2020's coming down here?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They plan on winning!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best concentration of quality teams anywhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it confirmed that both 2020 A and AA will be playing Saturday games?

That's going to cause a large conflict for VA teams, as most all rec league games are played on Saturdays as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it confirmed that both 2020 A and AA will be playing Saturday games?

That's going to cause a large conflict for VA teams, as most all rec league games are played on Saturdays as well.

yes. all 2020 divisions are saturday. this is due to MYLA rec games being on sundays for U15

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many of the higher level 2020 AA teams have a relationship with the Sons and often play in one another's play days and leagues. Only helps make everyone better the more competition you can bring into a venue. Contrary to some opinions, their coming down did not knock anyone out of any bracket - some who think they belong in the bracket do not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really helps the league to allow a club to play that was caught cheating in a tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really helps the league to allow a club to play that was caught cheating in a tournament.

as opposed to Crabs who will field a 2020 team with kids turning 16 this summer?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally agree. With this question there can been + 15 different opinions and each could be based on that individuals supported team. Let them play and see how it unfolds. 2020 AA has quite a few very strong teams and any one can beat the other on any given Saturday. Having a strong schedule just helps everyone improve.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

as opposed to Crabs who will field a 2020 team with kids turning 16 this summer?

The Crabs organization is a total joke, they are not respected in the youth lacrosse community and Ryan Mc is considered a total joke. I really do not know how he can even show his face in public, given how he cheats/games the system and he knows that everyone know what he does. If I did what he does, I would be ashamed to be seen if I did what he does. He is a total d bag and there is nothing that I, and many others, would love to see, is that he be banned from youth lacrosse. But knowing him he would challenge this, as he needs his ego stroked and his wallet filled. And, I and others almost have the same distaste for the parents of Crabs players who openly go along with this gaming/cheating scandal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Crabs organization is a total joke, they are not respected in the youth lacrosse community and Ryan Mc is considered a total joke. I really do not know how he can even show his face in public, given how he cheats/games the system and he knows that everyone know what he does. If I did what he does, I would be ashamed to be seen if I did what he does. He is a total d bag and there is nothing that I, and many others, would love to see, is that he be banned from youth lacrosse. But knowing him he would challenge this, as he needs his ego stroked and his wallet filled. And, I and others almost have the same distaste for the parents of Crabs players who openly go along with this gaming/cheating scandal.

Can you please explain what rules are being broken??

Thought so. Now go back into your hole.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your son is on one of the top 4-5 AA 2020 teams that means he is really good at lacrosse relative to other 8th grade boys - no matter what their ages are. Each team has their share and unless a particular team or club takes a stand a proclaims they are playing with "u14" kids only, than all teams are the same. The boys don't care. They just want to play against the best and this spring will be a fantastic opportunity to do so. If he just missed making "AA" there are some really good "A" teams and that group will be very competitive as well. BTW - those teams also have kids born before sept 01. They're just not as good. Time to stop whining about the holdbacks. And no I'm not justifying my choices as my son as March 02. Nor is he on Crabs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Boy, such strong words from a Crab fan/parent. Don't like it when you are called out, even worse when people see you at games. Ryan Mc is gaming the system by creating almost entire teams of holdbacks, encouraging parents to have their kid repeat 8th grade, solely for lacrosse, having a team with two double holdbacks on 2020, who will be almost 16 by this summer. Want me to go on. That was NOT the intent of going to grade base youth lacrosse but Ryan Mc immediately saw how he could cheat/abuse the system. Yes, ABUSE the system. No other club in youth lax in Md. has anywhere near the holdbacks that Crabs has nor do they try and game/cheat the grade base system. Speaking of that hole, put an a in front of it and you just described yourself. Crabs people are so sensitive of being called what they are, well if you live it be ready to take the heat for it. And remember, the Crabs rosters were accidently release to a lot of lacrosse coaches last fall at a Md. tournament, so be careful in your denial and saying what rules are being broken. Crabs is abusing the system for one purpose, to win at any cost and Ryan Mc, to win and make money. Disgusting organization in youth lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Boy, such strong words from a Crab fan/parent. Don't like it when you are called out, even worse when people see you at games. Ryan Mc is gaming the system by creating almost entire teams of holdbacks, encouraging parents to have their kid repeat 8th grade, solely for lacrosse, having a team with two double holdbacks on 2020, who will be almost 16 by this summer. Want me to go on. That was NOT the intent of going to grade base youth lacrosse but Ryan Mc immediately saw how he could cheat/abuse the system. Yes, ABUSE the system. No other club in youth lax in Md. has anywhere near the holdbacks that Crabs has nor do they try and game/cheat the grade base system. Speaking of that hole, put an a in front of it and you just described yourself. Crabs people are so sensitive of being called what they are, well if you live it be ready to take the heat for it. And remember, the Crabs rosters were accidently release to a lot of lacrosse coaches last fall at a Md. tournament, so be careful in your denial and saying what rules are being broken. Crabs is abusing the system for one purpose, to win at any cost and Ryan Mc, to win and make money. Disgusting organization in youth lacrosse.

I didn't deny anything. I just asked you to tell me what rule is being broken. In your long, asinine diatribe, I still don't see an answer to my question.

Do you really think that RM is gaming the system any more than any other club? All clubs in MD have holdbacks. Do they have as many as Crabs? Probably not. Have you ever considered that may be because those kids want to play for Crabs? Have you considered that it's the parents that are "gaming the system"? Would you prefer RM tell those kids that they can't play for Crabs? Do you think that the holdbacks went to FCA, Looneys, 91 MD, etc and were told that they couldn't play there so they went to Crabs? Do you think if they did go to FCA, Looneys, 91 MD, etc, that they would be told they can't play there because they were to old? Of course not.

You obviously have a personal vendetta against RM. You post constantly and call him Ryan Mc, so it's apparent that you really are being vindictive. Maybe you should look in the mirror and worry about your son instead of where other kids CHOOSE to play.

Like Reply Quote
Page 11 of 70 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 69 70
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard