BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,803
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 60 of 327 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by CageSage
Is it wrong to pull my daughter and not let her play if I know they’re going to play the Yellow Jacket Blue LM? Think about it? My daughter and others on her team and girls from other clubs like M&D, Skywalker, Maryland United are very good players. We are all evenly matched and in the past and won and lost to all clubs mentioned above. We had some great conversation on the side lines with parents from all club teams except Yellow Jackets. Is it worth it for more injuries and to jeopardize a possibility for collage recruitment?
The Newsday article from this last weekend's edition discussing girls helmets points to the fact that the women's collegiate game is getting substantially more physical; the finesse game is rapidly becoming a thing of the past, good or bad. Expecting collegiate lacrosse to be playing with this "sphere" concept long term is not practical without stronger officiating.

The question here is how does one respond to the more athletic and therefore more physical nature of college lacrosse. Certainly, pulling your student-athlete from the field in major showcases will not be the right answer if you have intentions of playing for NCAA Division I national powerhouse teams.

I don't feel helmets are the answer, it will only make the aggressive play even more aggressive. I think a simple asnswer is maybe US lacrosse should put more teeth into the consequences of yellow and red cards, like two yellow cards in two games means a two game suspension, and four cards in a season means a four games suspension, etc. Additionally, if a team has a certain amount of combined yellow cards, then the team should not be allowed to play in certain tournaments. these are just some quick ideas.

I would guess that this would clean up the game by making coaches and players more sensitive to how they are playing, and it would keep the "too aggressive" players on the sidelines watching.

Really? And put more power in the refs hands? No thank you. The refs in this sport are the worst as a group I have seen in any sport! The subjectivity and inconsistency from ref to ref is part of the problem. With the amount of yellow cards being given out there will be no one on the roster left to play! That goes for all the clubs!!

I don’t know but that might be a good idea. My daughter’s team plays hard and wins tournaments but rarely gets yellow card. I’m not saying it doesn’t happen but not to the point as this team does. We may need to more on the refs.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't feel helmets are the answer, it will only make the aggressive play even more aggressive. I think a simple asnswer is maybe US lacrosse should put more teeth into the consequences of yellow and red cards, like two yellow cards in two games means a two game suspension, and four cards in a season means a four games suspension, etc. Additionally, if a team has a certain amount of combined yellow cards, then the team should not be allowed to play in certain tournaments. these are just some quick ideas.

I would guess that this would clean up the game by making coaches and players more sensitive to how they are playing, and it would keep the "too aggressive" players on the sidelines watching.
Your assumption is that there is a standard for reporting cards into US Lacrosse; further, you are assuming that all yellow and red cards are being reported or recorded for processing after the final whistle blows. Even if the recording of data was accurate, how would your multiple game suspensions be processed between tournaments?

good questions, I was thinking that referees would have access to a simple database where they report yellow and red cards, and then every opposing team checks the database before a game and prints it out for the ref to show which kids are suspended. And if coaches get cute by issuing different jerseys and they get caught, the team should be kicked from the league.

As for people commenting on "how bad refs are", while I do agree that more consistency is needed, i think we can agree that everyone can find faults in referees accross all sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh and congrats to YJ 2018 Rose, 2017 Bertolone, and 2016 Defo for there CHAMPIONSHIPS

Translation: M&D Lacrosse Club did not participate in this tournament. CONGRATS! nonetheless.
That's because they are chicken. Lets see if M and D comes to the LI showcase on July 28th, They will get their butts kicked!!!
Nobody wants to go to that bogus 25min game showcasde/yj fundraiser, it's 60-70% YJ teams!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
good questions, I was thinking that referees would have access to a simple database where they report yellow and red cards
... and that database would be owned and hosted by what organization? Who is handling permissions, user accounts, accuracy of the inputs, appeals, and escalations?

... and then every opposing team checks the database before a game and prints it out for the ref to show which kids are suspended.
So, team rosters would need to be available both before the tournament and during the tournament for review? Many rosters do not have set players tied to a specific team.

And if coaches get cute by issuing different jerseys and they get caught, the team should be kicked from the league.
Now the roster does not just have te player name and team, but also jersey numbers?

What league or tournament has bought into such a central database? So, these independent leagues will refund the revenue for a team in violation? What would be their motivation to offering a refund?

There is a reason that the USYSA (soccer) has such a strong central processing environment which is managed through local leagues and sanctioning organizations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think there should also be some kind of grade/DOB enforcement. I know a coach with a town team, girls are going into 11th grade and has registered them in the JV division all summer. Has done this for a few years now.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the yellow Jackets have put two girls in the hospital in two weeks, guess that is OK. Class coach as well. One did not even shake the other clubs had. Hope you are proud.

I think you cheep shot the wrong girl this time.

Yellow Jackets should not be defined by the actions of one coach or team. Clearly everyone on this thread has an issue with PM and the 2015 blue team. Carol Rose is one person in the entire organization who can be seen at all tournaments dancing under tents with the kids, painting her hair with the younger kids, or simply riding her bike around smiling and talking to all the kids who approach her. As a graduated player from the program I have seen the many sides of CR and the Yelliw Jackets program and at the end of a D1 career I can say the love she shows the girls in the program far surpasses any other money making organization. She cares about the girls from start to finish. Do the YJ play aggressive no more aggressive then M&D and Skywalkers. Do people get hurt yes unfortunately they do it's like any other sport accidents happen. Are some coaches more aggressive on the sidelines then others absolutely but it doesn't make the YJ a bad place to grow up playing. I can only hope when I have kids that I can become a part of the program as a parent. Please stop bashing an entire organization and it's director over one teams actions. If you weren't there and witnessed it personally you do not know what happened. From what I know or heard from my younger sister the sidelines were not overfilled with the hundreds of people who are constantly belittling this team. As adults our kids will learn from us in my opinion it's summer time go outside and plant or lay by your pool leave the YJ alone. If TG had this happen would you ostracize SS. CR is one tough cookie for taking all this crap and still smiling!!
You must be a freshly graduated to make such an immature statement. Carol Rose isn't just one person in an organization, Carol Rose Is the Yellow Jackets and not only deserves, but must take all the blame for the conduct of every team that puts that pinnie on there backs. I don't don't care how well she gets along with her players , or what color she colors her hair, or wether or not she rides that stupid bike or not. What I , you, every parent of every club, every ref, tournament organizer, and college recruiter should care about is that every girl should be able to take the field without fear that they might get intentionally hurt. That is not the case when taking the field against any Yellow Jacket team. Carol might care for her kids from start to finish, now she must start caring for all kids from start to finish. You being a recent D1 player should know better than any one how devastating an injury that girl sustained, and how close she is to never having the same D1 experience you just completed, for what "aggressive play" . I agree that accidents do happen in sports, but a broken Femur, a torn A.C.L , and a torn Meniscus in a single play for a ground ball is excessive. Have you personally seen such extensive damage in the defense of a single ground ball. Carol and the Jackets should be "Bashed" as a whole, because Carol not only could, but should step in and personally replace the coaches and take control of this renegade team playing under her banner. If she does not than the lacrosse community as a whole can only assume that she condones it. She is the director, and has total responsibility .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumours are once again swirling that YJ has a seven figure buyer on the line that cr is trying to reel in...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have watched the 2015 YJ blue play many times and they are in no way even close to as aggressive as all the D1 girls lacrosse teams I have seen.That being said they need to start calling charges more often start giving out yellow cards to the players who I have seen act like they were fouled every time they lose the ball.I film many games and it amazes me how many girls either learn or are taught to grab their head as if contact was made when it is clear on video it was not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it wrong to pull my daughter and not let her play if I know they’re going to play the Yellow Jacket Blue LM? Think about it? My daughter and others on her team and girls from other clubs like M&D, Skywalker, Maryland United are very good players. We are all evenly matched and in the past and won and lost to all clubs mentioned above. We had some great conversation on the side lines with parents from all club teams except Yellow Jackets. Is it worth it for more injuries and to jeopardize a possibility for collage recruitment?
The Newsday article from this last weekend's edition discussing girls helmets points to the fact that the women's collegiate game is getting substantially more physical; the finesse game is rapidly becoming a thing of the past, good or bad. Expecting collegiate lacrosse to be playing with this "sphere" concept long term is not practical without stronger officiating.

The question here is how does one respond to the more athletic and therefore more physical nature of college lacrosse. Certainly, pulling your student-athlete from the field in major showcases will not be the right answer if you have intentions of playing for NCAA Division I national powerhouse teams.

Really? And put more power in the refs hands? No thank you. The refs in this sport are the worst as a group I have seen in any sport! The subjectivity and inconsistency from ref to ref is part of the problem. With the amount of yellow cards being given out there will be no one on the roster left to play! That goes for all the clubs!!

Easiset game to ref because you can and do change the rules from game to game and very few are really quite sure what the correct call should be!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumours are once again swirling that YJ has a seven figure buyer on the line that cr is trying to reel in...

SEVEN FIGURES? Then That wouldnt be a coach or a director looking to take over that would be a wall street private equity group! BIG BUSINESS this Long Island Lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh and congrats to YJ 2018 Rose, 2017 Bertolone, and 2016 Defo for there CHAMPIONSHIPS

Translation: M&D Lacrosse Club did not participate in this tournament. CONGRATS! nonetheless.
That's because they are chicken. Lets see if M and D comes to the LI showcase on July 28th, They will get their butts kicked!!!
Nobody wants to go to that bogus 25min game showcasde/yj fundraiser, it's 60-70% YJ teams!

I heard they are way up in teams this year! I guess they don't need you HATERS!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the yellow Jackets have put two girls in the hospital in two weeks, guess that is OK. Class coach as well. One did not even shake the other clubs had. Hope you are proud.

Yellow Jackets should not be defined by the actions of one coach or team. Clearly everyoZne on this thread has an issue with PM and the 2015 blue team. Carol Rose is one person in the entire organization who can be seen at all tournaments dancing under tents with the kids, painting her hair with the younger kids, or simply riding her bike around smiling and talking to all the kids who approach her. As a graduated player from the program I have seen the many sides of CR and the Yelliw Jackets program and at the end of a D1 career I can say the love she shows the girls in the program far surpasses any other money making organization. She cares about the girls from start to finish. Do the YJ play aggressive no more aggressive then M&D and Skywalkers. Do people get hurt yes unfortunately they do it's like any other sport accidents happen. Are some coaches more aggressive on the sidelines then others absolutely but it doesn't make the YJ a bad place to grow up playing. I can only hope when I have kids that I can become a part of the program as a parent. Please stop bashing an entire organization and it's director over one teams actions. If you weren't there and witnessed it personally you do not know what happened. From what I know or heard from my younger sister the sidelines were not overfilled with the hundreds of people who are constantly belittling this team. As adults our kids will learn from us in my opinion it's summer time go outside and plant or lay by your pool leave the YJ alone. If TG had this happen would you ostracize SS. CR is one tough cookie for taking all this crap and still smiling!!
You must be a freshly graduated to make such an immature statement. Carol Rose isn't just one person in an organization, Carol Rose Is the Yellow Jackets and not only deserves, but must take all the blame for the conduct of every team that puts that pinnie on there backs. I don't don't care how well she gets along with her players , or what color she colors her hair, or wether or not she rides that stupid bike or not. What I , you, every parent of every club, every ref, tournament organizer, and college recruiter should care about is that every girl should be able to take the field without fear that they might get intentionally hurt. That is not the case when taking the field against any Yellow Jacket team. Carol might care for her kids from start to finish, now she must start caring for all kids from start to finish. You being a recent D1 player should know better than any one how devastating an injury that girl sustained, and how close she is to never having the same D1 experience you just completed, for what "aggressive play" . I agree that accidents do happen in sports, but a broken Femur, a torn A.C.L , and a torn Meniscus in a single play for a ground ball is excessive. Have you personally seen such extensive damage in the defense of a single ground ball. Carol and the Jackets should be "Bashed" as a whole, because Carol not only could, but should step in and personally replace the coaches and take control of this renegade team playing under her banner. If she does not than the lacrosse community as a whole can only assume that she condones it. She is the director, and has total responsibility .

Please the renegade team is full of top D1 recruits that the college coaches are salavating over! Get a grip. YJ will be posting class of 2015 soon because colleges LOVE THEM. These kids and coaches have done nothing wrong. There is even a YJ player in hospital with a possible broken jaw from phantastix you don't here them bashing other teams for there aggressive play. The kid did not break her femur it was a fibula. Know the facts before you spew your false venom at a team you know nothing about. A team that has never had an ejected player for any reason. this was a freak accident!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yellow Jackets should not be defined by the actions of one coach or team. Clearly everyone on this thread has an issue with PM and the 2015 blue team. Carol Rose is one person in the entire organization who can be seen at all tournaments dancing under tents with the kids, painting her hair with the younger kids, or simply riding her bike around smiling and talking to all the kids who approach her. As a graduated player from the program I have seen the many sides of CR and the Yelliw Jackets program and at the end of a D1 career I can say the love she shows the girls in the program far surpasses any other money making organization. She cares about the girls from start to finish. Do the YJ play aggressive no more aggressive then M&D and Skywalkers. Do people get hurt yes unfortunately they do it's like any other sport accidents happen. Are some coaches more aggressive on the sidelines then others absolutely but it doesn't make the YJ a bad place to grow up playing. I can only hope when I have kids that I can become a part of the program as a parent. Please stop bashing an entire organization and it's director over one teams actions. If you weren't there and witnessed it personally you do not know what happened. From what I know or heard from my younger sister the sidelines were not overfilled with the hundreds of people who are constantly belittling this team. As adults our kids will learn from us in my opinion it's summer time go outside and plant or lay by your pool leave the YJ alone. If TG had this happen would you ostracize SS. CR is one tough cookie for taking all this crap and still smiling!!

Replace the coaches for a 50/50 ground ball that resulted in 2 players colliding. Wow thats ridiculous much less immature on your part. How is that coaches fault please explain would love to hear this.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I heard they are way up in teams this year! I guess they don't need you HATERS!
BOTC hopes that you are correct. If there was recruiting interest last season and it carries through to this year, that ground-work was a success.

If the tournament increases the number of teams this year, that will be a great achievement. The Yellow Jackets and in particular Tracy were great supporters in our first year here on BOTC and it would be wrong of us not to recognize her efforts with us.

In our marketing the 2011 event, BOTC found that there were numerous girls clubs from Long Island and New Jersey that would not entertain options to attend their end-Summer Tournament even at a discounted rate.

We have ideas on how to change that picture.

We remain convinced that this end-Summer event COULD BE a tremendous anchor recruiting event for Long Islanders. Until the barriers between the clubs (and in particular the Yellow Jackets) come down, the event will be what it is - a nice local recruiting event focused on the Yellow Jackets.

Our phones and e-mail addresses are open to help.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have watched the 2015 YJ blue play many times and they are in no way even close to as aggressive as all the D1 girls lacrosse teams I have seen.That being said they need to start calling charges more often start giving out yellow cards to the players who I have seen act like they were fouled every time they lose the ball.I film many games and it amazes me how many girls either learn or are taught to grab their head as if contact was made when it is clear on video it was not.

That girl grabbed her leg faking a broken bone, torn acl etc.... She should get an Oscar

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Omg you guys bash cr and the yj and now you want to help them- give me a break! This is not their only tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yellow Jackets should not be defined by the actions of one coach or team. Clearly everyoZne on this thread has an issue with PM and the 2015 blue team. Carol Rose is one person in the entire organization who can be seen at all tournaments dancing under tents with the kids, painting her hair with the younger kids, or simply riding her bike around smiling and talking to all the kids who approach her. As a graduated player from the program I have seen the many sides of CR and the Yelliw Jackets program and at the end of a D1 career I can say the love she shows the girls in the program far surpasses any other money making organization. She cares about the girls from start to finish. Do the YJ play aggressive no more aggressive then M&D and Skywalkers. Do people get hurt yes unfortunately they do it's like any other sport accidents happen. Are some coaches more aggressive on the sidelines then others absolutely but it doesn't make the YJ a bad place to grow up playing. I can only hope when I have kids that I can become a part of the program as a parent. Please stop bashing an entire organization and it's director over one teams actions. If you weren't there and witnessed it personally you do not know what happened. From what I know or heard from my younger sister the sidelines were not overfilled with the hundreds of people who are constantly belittling this team. As adults our kids will learn from us in my opinion it's summer time go outside and plant or lay by your pool leave the YJ alone. If TG had this happen would you ostracize SS. CR is one tough cookie for taking all this crap and still smiling!!

Please the renegade team is full of top D1 recruits that the college coaches are salavating over! Get a grip. YJ will be posting class of 2015 soon because colleges LOVE THEM. These kids and coaches have done nothing wrong. There is even a YJ player in hospital with a possible broken jaw from phantastix you don't here them bashing other teams for there aggressive play. The kid did not break her femur it was a fibula. Know the facts before you spew your false venom at a team you know nothing about. A team that has never had an ejected player for any reason. this was a freak accident!!

so no player on this team has ever received two yellow cards in a game? and you criticize someone else about not checking the facts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

so no player on this team has ever received two yellow cards in a game? and you criticize someone else about not checking the facts?

So because a player gets two yellow cards in a game that means its the coaches fault...it's CR fault??? I don't get it she teaches as do her coaches to never give up play until the whistle blows. Sometimes games get heated and things happen if you think otherwise you never played sports. I have watched two teams battle it out like you couldn't imagine on the field and then the girls are sitting together in a restaurant eating afterwards. It's the ignorance of people who can not accept accidents that make situations worse. Is there nothing else going on in the world that you are obsessing over CR and the Yellow Jackets. Are the only injuries at tournanents during YJ games I doubt it!! I watched this weekend a YJ knock over another while playing defense on her after the whistle blew rather then the YJ taking her position behind the player for the free position shot she reached out her hand and helped the girl up...does that mean she will be cut next year from YJ for being nice!! Accidents happen in every sport look at football ice hockey mens lacrosse it's a part of competition and we can't play aggressively then we should be swimmers (no offense). The only thing that needs to be done to prevent this from happening again is the girls need to be trained to position their feet and get in front of players rather then barreling them down but like I said earlier accidents happen and I'm sure the girl who hurt that other player feels bad they are not animals like you make them out to be...your immaturity and ignorance is sickening . By the way I tore my ACL in college bc a player slide tackled me taking out my leg...it happens. Let it go!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree, this is not the kid's fault or CR's or the coach's, because no one (not one specific example) has come forward with any info that says "the coach or CR tells the players to...." And I doubt it's going to happen.

I was just pointing out that the previous poster derided someone for allegedly not checking facts and then he did the same thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So because a player gets two yellow cards in a game that means its the coaches fault...it's CR fault??? I don't get it she teaches as do her coaches to never give up play until the whistle blows. Sometimes games get heated and things happen if you think otherwise you never played sports. I have watched two teams battle it out like you couldn't imagine on the field and then the girls are sitting together in a restaurant eating afterwards. It's the ignorance of people who can not accept accidents that make situations worse. Is there nothing else going on in the world that you are obsessing over CR and the Yellow Jackets. Are the only injuries at tournanents during YJ games I doubt it!! I watched this weekend a YJ knock over another while playing defense on her after the whistle blew rather then the YJ taking her position behind the player for the free position shot she reached out her hand and helped the girl up...does that mean she will be cut next year from YJ for being nice!! Accidents happen in every sport look at football ice hockey mens lacrosse it's a part of competition and we can't play aggressively then we should be swimmers (no offense). The only thing that needs to be done to prevent this from happening again is the girls need to be trained to position their feet and get in front of players rather then barreling them down but like I said earlier accidents happen and I'm sure the girl who hurt that other player feels bad they are not animals like you make them out to be...your immaturity and ignorance is sickening . By the way I tore my ACL in college bc a player slide tackled me taking out my leg...it happens. Let it go!!!
once is an accident twice is a trend. how injured do someone have to be before you and the Y.J collective realize that being aggressive is one thing , Jumping on a girl, using the butt end of your stick, and crosschecking is dirty. And even before you ask, not every team uses these tactics. The only team that does with regularity is yours. If it happens to your club all the time its in retaliation to your own play. As stated before a lot of us have played lacrosse in the D1 level, I myself have played at that level and I'm a man where full contact is allowed, and I have never seen a team with such bad luck as your club with all your "accidents" . I have to agree with the other posters that say It is directors responsibility solely. Don't try to cram down our throats that the Y.J. players are sitting in the hotel with players from other clubs getting along. Take off that silly bee gear and just walk up to any parent and player after a game and ask what they thought of your squad. You'll be surprised

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree, this is not the kid's fault or CR's or the coach's, because no one (not one specific example) has come forward with any info that says "the coach or CR tells the players to...." And I doubt it's going to happen.

I was just pointing out that the previous poster derided someone for allegedly not checking facts and then he did the same thing.
Why don't you people understand. IF there not telling them to do these things, they are condoning it by not stopping it. Every one Knows P.M. and C.R. are smatter than to tell girls to do these things, that would make them legally liable. You , and every club on the east coast knows that the Y.J. are cheap and dirty. The fact that P.M and C.R. don't take the offending players out of the game and tell them to stop is what makes them equally as dirty, they condone it by allowing it to continue. Trying to stick check to the whistle is aggressive, stick checking after the whistle is dirty. thats the Y.J. way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen! But people won't let it go because it is their nature to want to drag the team/people at the top down. They will not accept that it was an accident because they don't want to. Kids get hurt in every sport. Sometimes it just happens. This team has played over 200 games the last 3 years with 2 incidents and now it is a cronic problem??? Stop!!! They are 14 year old girls, just like your daughters with the same interests and intentions. You are all adults stop making these kids out to be some sort of street gang. They are great kids!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you were not there then how would you know all these things about cheap shots and over aggression!!!! My daughter DOES NOT play for PM and I can tell you this in the five years she's been playing YJ we have NEVER had an incident other then an M & D player ACCIDENTALLY breaking MY daughters finger!! Parents like you who blame coaches and directors for mistakes kids make is ridiculous. The poor sportsmanship, unruly behavior, and lack of respect for others is taught at home not on the field. YJ has 25+ teams the actions of one player from one team does NOT define a club!!!! Just as the actions of one person does not define that family!! As far your comment about players from other clubs sitting together after games did you witness national draw YJ and M&D and several others sitting by DJ TOGETHER doing a dance off laughing....have you never seen a group of Liberty, Top Guns, and YJ girls walking around or sitting under a tree for some shade together!! I have!!! You need to really look at the big picture and know that accidents happen and if you weren't there then you should not speak of something you didn't see!! I wasn't there so I can't say one way or the other but I do know that if the tournanent directors or the refs felt that it was done with intent the player and or coach would have been removed from the tournanent. In my years as a YJ parent I have found that the only people complaining about CR are the ones who turn a blind eye to their child's talent or the lack there of. My daughter is not a blue player and yes after five years we are still here!! Because MY daughter LOVES the program, the coaches, and the friends she has made. The lesson your teaching your kid is instead of working hard and fixing what needs to be fixed you blame someone else! Look in the mirror and go back to the sidelines of whatever club your from and enjoy your daughter not the drama from this sight!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is pathetic is how the girls are coached and trained. No the girl did not willingly go to hurt the girl. She is trained to go through the girl not get the ball, swing wildly. So she was acting as trained. Ruslut, another girl may not play lacrosse again.

And one of the coaches did not even shake the other clubs hand. Real class. How many girls get hurt before anything gets done? Two weeks ago there was a LI Top Gun girl who they broke her wrist, cheap shot from the back.

I guess you are all proud. One more down. Maybe clubs should get together and walk off the field, let them have no one to play. T

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is pathetic is how the girls are coached and trained. No the girl did not willingly go to hurt the girl. She is trained to go through the girl not get the ball, swing wildly. So she was acting as trained. Ruslut, another girl may not play lacrosse again.

And one of the coaches did not even shake the other clubs hand. Real class. How many girls get hurt before anything gets done? Two weeks ago there was a LI Top Gun girl who they broke her wrist, cheap shot from the back.

I guess you are all proud. One more down. Maybe clubs should get together and walk off the field, let them have no one to play. T

We're you at any of these games???? And I really think you need a reality check YJ do not spend there time at practice learning how to take girls out look at the homepage my friend that means that every D1 D2 D3 school that took YJ players encourage that behavior really!!!! Did you take notice at the NCAA finals how many players out there were FORMER YJ INCLUDING SS!!! Grow up and take a look around the actions of one player is not that of the entire club!! The 2015 have college coaches looking at them already...the 2014 class is all starting to commit and the 13's have had a great number commit to great schools!!! Maybe your seeing something no one else is...should I take off my glasses or should you take off yours!! Btw was your daughter ever a YJ????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And you know this because you attended their practices???? You are speculating like every other idiot on this site and it is at the expense of 14 year old girls! Stop commenting on things you have NO right to comment on! I am sure you would not want someone saying that about your daughter if she accidentily hurt someone or about your husband if he was a coach that gives many extra hours to his team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes remove her if you want and/ or forfeit the game. You can start TG in florida if you have to play them!! You TG people are obsessed with YJ and CR you need to move onto something better to do with yourselves.

YJ was never ejected from any tourney and NO player ever red carded for unsportsmanlike behavior so all this nonsense and bashing of one team is ridiculous. Get a life!!

So a YJ Player was not removed from a game for punching another girl in a tournament? That never happened?

The same team slashed a girl in Lax By the Sea who left they game with three bloody fingers. Yes she was carded but its a joke to the team. They have no regard for their opponents. It starts at the top with the win at all costs mentality of CR. Keep drinking the cool aid and PLEASE STOP THE EXCUSES!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ defenders stop responding to these jealous morons who have no idea what they are talking about. If what they say was true they would be filming it and posting online right after sending to US lacrosse, someone who has played for this team would have come forward, the team would be banned from entering tournaments.You can't argue with stupid anonymous impotent posters who acuse our coaches and players of being thugs .Just keep telling your kids to play hard and ignore those ignorant people who are too cowardly to come forward and make their lame accusations in person.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And you know this because you attended their practices???? You are speculating like every other idiot on this site and it is at the expense of 14 year old girls! Stop commenting on things you have NO right to comment on! I am sure you would not want someone saying that about your daughter if she accidentily hurt someone or about your husband if he was a coach that gives many extra hours to his team.

When I was a kid I was always told "There is no such thing as an accident". Please remember all accident can be avoided.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The YJ are known for their agressive style of play and I don't mean in the way that they are out to hurt opposing players. When you play them, you know they will push the action and play hard defense. This is not why they are so unliked. The reason opposing players and parents are so opposed to them is the attitude they bring to the game. The problem is that attitude only really applies to their A team and perhaps the top half of their B squads. All the other teams have players with similiar abilities to most other average varsity athletes however every parent acts as if their child possesses some unbelievable ability because they wear a bee on their back. The way you get on a YJ team other than the A squad is through your pocketbook. M & D showed at the National Draw that their reign may have ended. I know I root against them every chance I get. Humility and superior skill is what should earn respect not a Bee on your jersey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ got the best of M and D last year and previous years and at least won Varsity Division and Cleaned up at Lax for cure (200 teams) this year. YJ is thriving and doing very well. Much better than any other Long Island Program! So route against them all you want but they keep working hard and have earned their respect throughout the country as a top club program.

Go YJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I personally saw the accident on Saturday @ lax for the cure, the girl was deliberately not going for the ball & obviously going for the girl her self. I stood there and watched as a girl a few years older than me not be able to get off the ground. My team thought that she was truly paralyzed, not being able to move herself to get to the golf cart a few feet away from her. I truly feel sorry that a girl is so desperate to win that she would ruin another girls dreams and career.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I personally saw the accident on Saturday @ lax for the cure, the girl was deliberately not going for the ball & obviously going for the girl her self. I stood there and watched as a girl a few years older than me not be able to get off the ground. My team thought that she was truly paralyzed, not being able to move herself to get to the golf cart a few feet away from her. I truly feel sorry that a girl is so desperate to win that she would ruin another girls dreams and career.

Why wasn't the girl issued a red card if this was so blatantly clear to all ? Oh because it was not the impression of the nationally rated official on that game. No red card issues because they felt there was absolutely no malicious intent whatsoever. So it was not clearly a deliberate hit at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why wasn't the girl issued a red card if this was so blatantly clear to all ? Oh because it was not the impression of the nationally rated official on that game. No red card issues because they felt there was absolutely no malicious intent whatsoever. So it was not clearly a deliberate hit at all.

Calling all parents doesn't anyone have a video do we can put this issue to rest. Must have been some hit to break a femur. If it was truly An attack I would think that one of the two refs would have called something and/ or notified the tourney director.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Calling all parents doesn't anyone have a video do we can put this issue to rest. Must have been some hit to break a femur. If it was truly An attack I would think that one of the two refs would have called something and/ or notified the tourney director.

Interestingly enough, there is also a thread on another site about this same exact issue under HS girl's lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are plenty of superior teams everywhere you go. Take notice of the towns who have superior high school teams and other private elite clubs. The reason so many people hate YJs is because they display no humility or sportsmanship. When you're that good, people notice you, not the bee on the back. That jersey makes the parents feel as if their kids have accomplished something however the truth is their child, if they are on the top team, is a good player whether or not they play for YJ. If you think only the best athletes play for YJ, you are mistaken. Their allure is fading perhaps slowly but surely. For the A team players its a good organization. Anything below that, you are just another athlete. I have heard that they have rounded out the playing time a bit. That's good because traveling to tournaments hours away and watching your daughter play ten minutes in a game seems a little ridiculous and I'm sure it doesn't do much for her confidence either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's root not route.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are plenty of superior teams everywhere you go. Take notice of the towns who have superior high school teams and other private elite clubs. The reason so many people hate YJs is because they display no humility or sportsmanship. When you're that good, people notice you, not the bee on the back. That jersey makes the parents feel as if their kids have accomplished something however the truth is their child, if they are on the top team, is a good player whether or not they play for YJ. If you think only the best athletes play for YJ, you are mistaken. Their allure is fading perhaps slowly but surely. For the A team players its a good organization. Anything below that, you are just another athlete. I have heard that they have rounded out the playing time a bit. That's good because traveling to tournaments hours away and watching your daughter play ten minutes in a game seems a little ridiculous and I'm sure it doesn't do much for her confidence either.

Rounded out playing time? Don't know where you heard that but I have witnessed "no subs at all" games this year and have heard of and/or read about several other no sub games as well. But who cares except players on bench, win at all costs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forget red cards.......there is a HUGE liability issue for the tournament directors, field owner, players parents and the players organization. If there was any intent to injure, there is the real possibilty of law suit/litigation. Girls/boys carrying a stick which can be used as a weapon is a problem waiting to happen. Without proper coaching/parenting this will be a problem in the future.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I saw a girl (no YJ involvement) take a hit to the head that required stitches this weekend. Refs called nothing and allowed the goal. Ref apologized to her mom, saying, "Sorry, Mom, I didn't see it so I couldn't make the call." The girl is dripping blood, obviously she got hit, ref wouldn't make the call.

The point being refs are not perfect (quite possibly the understatment of the year). If the ref didn't see the hit, or wasn't sure, perhaps he/she wasn't comfortable making the call (which sounds ridiculous but there you have it).

So from my POV, saying there was no intent because the ref didn't make the call is not an argument that holds water 100%. I wasn't there, I didn't see the play, all I'm saying is refs make mistakes so your argument has flaws.

Like Reply Quote
Page 60 of 327 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard