BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 42 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 41 42
Re: Girls 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just out of curiosity, to those that see absolutely nothing wrong w a 12 or 13 year-old committing "to the college of their dreams", is any age too young? Where would you draw the line?

If I am an Alum, I don't see an age low enough. My kids received a bib and garb at birth anyway!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just out of curiosity, to those that see absolutely nothing wrong w a 12 or 13 year-old committing "to the college of their dreams", is any age too young? Where would you draw the line?

If I am an Alum, I don't see an age low enough. My kids received a bib and garb at birth anyway!

Exactly, any good parent will steer their kid to a good/great institution they know directly or know of. Been steering my kid since the womb.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. What is the difference of ones age. Would we feel different if it was a childhood genius who is going to college after 6th grade, on full scholarship? Or is this just a athletic conversation.

To get to a strong college both academically and athletically, and have them give you a scholarship is a good decision. No college loan is huge advantage as you exit school.

After reading the post...I think we are always jealous of things you aren't offered or don't have right now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The handful of girls that verbal early should be commended but the fact is that the process and the parents are ruining the sport for the 95% of kids who will NOT receive athletic money in college but still love to play the game. Youth lacrosse is a me first cesspool starting in the latter PAL years and its driving away kids in droves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
true all..but "Driving away kids in droves"?...where is that?...reason directors and programs can charge so freakin' much is the demand....no demand, prices come down...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
true all..but "Driving away kids in droves"?...where is that?...reason directors and programs can charge so freakin' much is the demand....no demand, prices come down...

If you don't play club lacrosse you are shunned on most School teams. Many districts are scrambling to field teams. There is no happy medium like other sports. You are either all in with lacrosse or you are pushed out or never passed the ball which is the same thing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you also feel bad for the many, many kids whose parents tell them they need to go to an in state college or university because that is all they can afford? Most people do what they can to give their children the best opportunities possible - in some cases that means going to college in state, in other cases the opportunity is broadened with academic or athletic scholarships. Great opportunity at any age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait until you first time 2020 parents get to HS and your kid plays 2 additional sports. No other HS sport has the crappy bleacher or sideline like lacrosse. Its terrible. You will see the dad under a tree in a corner screaming for his kid to go to goal every time she touches the ball so she can pad her stats for Newsday, the group of TG parents who wont talk to the YJ parents who won't talk the lone Wave or Liberty parent and then the parents who have athletic kids that excel in Volleyball, Soccer or Basketball and just play Lacrosse in season sitting together because they aren't in the club lacrosse click. I love the sport but hate what its become. NObody seems happy for each other or the team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait until you first time 2020 parents get to HS and your kid plays 2 additional sports. No other HS sport has the crappy bleacher or sideline like lacrosse. Its terrible. You will see the dad under a tree in a corner screaming for his kid to go to goal every time she touches the ball so she can pad her stats for Newsday, the group of TG parents who wont talk to the YJ parents who won't talk the lone Wave or Liberty parent and then the parents who have athletic kids that excel in Volleyball, Soccer or Basketball and just play Lacrosse in season sitting together because they aren't in the club lacrosse click. I love the sport but hate what its become. NObody seems happy for each other or the team

Wow, sounds like some of you have a bad lax experience. My family has been at it for many many years, travel and school, if you are a magnet for misery, it will find you. We thoroughly enjoy any and all aspects of the lacrosse experience along with many other great friends and parents associated with it all. If you and your kids are that disgusted, its time to walk away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]true all..but "Driving away kids in droves"?...where is that?...reason directors and programs can charge so freakin' much is the demand....no demand, prices come down...

If you don't play club lacrosse you are shunned on most School teams. Many districts are scrambling to field teams. There is no happy medium like other sports. You are either all in with lacrosse or you are pushed out or never passed the ball which is the same thing [/quote

Sorry but your post makes no sense to me? Don't you really mean, my kid was a mediocre player, wasn't interested in travel club. Not really committed to the sport and nobody passed the ball because they couldn't catch?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Wait until you first time 2020 parents get to HS and your kid plays 2 additional sports. No other HS sport has the crappy bleacher or sideline like lacrosse. Its terrible. You will see the dad under a tree in a corner screaming for his kid to go to goal every time she touches the ball so she can pad her stats for Newsday, the group of TG parents who wont talk to the YJ parents who won't talk the lone Wave or Liberty parent and then the parents who have athletic kids that excel in Volleyball, Soccer or Basketball and just play Lacrosse in season sitting together because they aren't in the club lacrosse click. I love the sport but hate what its become. NObody seems happy for each other or the team

I would agree! some of these crybaby toxic sideline parents are more of the problem. There are plenty of other sports out there but if you think it's any different with soccer, softball or hockey you will be in for a rude awaking. Those good old PAL days are long gone

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]true all..but "Driving away kids in droves"?...where is that?...reason directors and programs can charge so freakin' much is the demand....no demand, prices come down...

If you don't play club lacrosse you are shunned on most School teams. Many districts are scrambling to field teams. There is no happy medium like other sports. You are either all in with lacrosse or you are pushed out or never passed the ball which is the same thing [/quote

Sorry but your post makes no sense to me? Don't you really mean, my kid was a mediocre player, wasn't interested in travel club. Not really committed to the sport and nobody passed the ball because they couldn't catch?

BS- there are travel lacrosse girls earning end of season accolades in school volleyball, basketball and soccer who don't event play those games outside of the school team. Why is it so hard to believe that a volleyball, soccer or basketball super athlete cant contribute to the school lacrosse team? You are the elitest tool that everyone is talking about ruining the game. Just because we don't drive to MD every weekend doesn't mean the girls cant play. If these kids wanted to play travel lax they could write the check like everyone else and probably even take your daughters spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
love it..."You will see the dad under a tree in a corner screaming for his kid to go to goal every time she touches the ball so she can pad her stats "...too funny....describes soooo many parents in travel lax!....sour puss back at hotel bar because daughter didn't score enough --even though team won all 3 games...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
love it..."You will see the dad under a tree in a corner screaming for his kid to go to goal every time she touches the ball so she can pad her stats "...too funny....describes soooo many parents in travel lax!....sour puss back at hotel bar because daughter didn't score enough --even though team won all 3 games...

EXACTLY, parents treat this like a business. The business of getting that early verbal. They aren't there for the team, just for their kid. when their kid isn't the leading goal scorer or minute winner they get pissy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too funny , either so many of you are spineless or just make stuff up.If your high school teams are the way you describe then have a conversation with your coach or high school AD instead of bitching about it. The high school coaches want to win games and will put the kids on the field they feel give them the best chance, they will also run the offense primarily thru kids they think can put it in the back of the goal.If your kid is such a good athlete that she is as good as the travel kid who puts in twice the time she will get playing time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BS- there are travel lacrosse girls earning end of season accolades in school volleyball, basketball and soccer who don't event play those games outside of the school team. Why is it so hard to believe that a volleyball, soccer or basketball super athlete cant contribute to the school lacrosse team? You are the elitest tool that everyone is talking about ruining the game. Just because we don't drive to MD every weekend doesn't mean the girls cant play. If these kids wanted to play travel lax they could write the check like everyone else and probably even take your daughters spot.

So why exactly are you posting on a lax forum if your daughter doesn't even play?
Does it just kill you when we show up in our club team sportswear, proudly wear our hats, warm ourselves with logo blankets and plaster our SUV's with bumper stickers?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So why exactly are you posting on a lax forum if your daughter doesn't even play?
Does it just kill you when we show up in our club team sportswear, proudly wear our hats, warm ourselves with logo blankets and plaster our SUV's with bumper stickers?

Here's the one that kills me ... At club lax tournament and the moms are wearing knee length high school varsity jackets on the sidelines of the 2019 games this fall. Of course just to make sure everyone knows that little suzy was on varsity in middle school, since the 19s haven't played freshmen season yet. Toolbags.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First off neither myself or wife wear the varsity high school jacket but who cares. We do have some clothes with our kids high school programs names on it as in t shirts hats etc that the various teams they play on sell as fund raisers, again who cares. Amazing to me that people like you are too cheap to support your kids program or too pompous to show some pride in your kids school teams .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First off neither myself or wife wear the varsity high school jacket but who cares. We do have some clothes with our kids high school programs names on it as in t shirts hats etc that the various teams they play on sell as fund raisers, again who cares. Amazing to me that people like you are too cheap to support your kids program or too pompous to show some pride in your kids school teams .

But how do people see your fancy outfits sitting away from the field under that tree?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But how do people see your fancy outfits sitting away from the field under that tree?

You have the wrong guy I usually sit directly behind the bench but will have to move for this season as your daughter was always blocking my view of the kids on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry frustrated lax dad wannabe but many of the top lacrosse girls are multi-sport athletes. If your darling is as talanted as you think she should be able to hang with her classmates regardless if she plays travel or not. Sounds more like you are looking for excuses. Oh by the way, my daughters spot is safe and she also plays volleyball, basketball, soccer and swims.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would u wear that jacket (which is what the girls wear on the sidelines to keep warm in the cold weather and looks ridiculous on old mom) to a club travel game? The culture of lax parents is pathetic. And you sound like an idiot. Too cheap and too pompous because I don't live thru my kids athletic endeavors? How about donate the money quietly and cheer on the sidelines appropriately for the team? You are the loud mouth toolbag on the sidelines wearing the varsity jacket like it's you that's playing and likely don't realize how much everyone hates you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Believe it or not, there are good people, good families, whose kids play travel lacrosse. So typical to have annoying pompous parents in every sport. By coming on here, you give them the attention they want and you become one of those people you despise so much. Enough already. Happy New Year. Enjoy your kids... it will be over soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would u wear that jacket (which is what the girls wear on the sidelines to keep warm in the cold weather and looks ridiculous on old mom) to a club travel game? The culture of lax parents is pathetic. And you sound like an idiot. Too cheap and too pompous because I don't live thru my kids athletic endeavors? How about donate the money quietly and cheer on the sidelines appropriately for the team? You are the loud mouth toolbag on the sidelines wearing the varsity jacket like it's you that's playing and likely don't realize how much everyone hates you.

Wow, tell us how you really feel!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your a moron , why does it bother you that some parent wears a t-shirt that says so and so high school lacrosse . You and everyone else knows why it bothers you because your kid is not as good as theirs so you need to try and knock these people some how . I am sure you look so good in your mommy jeans why you complain and gossip about others because of what they wear . Sadly you are probably some poor kids dad and the mommy jeans remark is still relevant .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your a moron , why does it bother you that some parent wears a t-shirt that says so and so high school lacrosse . You and everyone else knows why it bothers you because your kid is not as good as theirs so you need to try and knock these people some how . I am sure you look so good in your mommy jeans why you complain and gossip about others because of what they wear . Sadly you are probably some poor kids dad and the mommy jeans remark is still relevant .

Another stuck up lacrosse parents comment. And everyone wonders why lacrosse parents are so disliked. Can't keep up with daughter? Go find another sport....

We get it, she's the best, your the best, your club is the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't ever change, lax moms. You're the reason I volunteer to take my daughter to her tournies every weekend. Love the jeans, spandex, team apparel. Love it all...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to this young lady… she must be good to have caught the attention of so many and Gary Gait in particular to be recruited as an 8th grader. The only question I have is how is this girl considered a YJ if she goes to school in Florida and is on a Florida club, Florid Select?

I believe she played last season with YJ . That's a helluva commute. I thought the Jersey Tpke. was a raw deal. Congratulations to her where ever she has played.
congratulations to this young lady...birthdate says July of 2001, so it appears she was redshirted but hey, thats not taking away anything from her talent. Obviously has to be a great player. But realistically shes a 2019 right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, not a t-shirt, full length players sideline jacket. Pathetic. These people think they are playing the sport themselves. And sadly, for you as the likely jacket wearer, it is your kids that suffer from your nonsense. I don't measure my self worth, or my daughter's self worth, by how she plays lacrosse. She happens to be great, I'm sure better than yours, but i'm much prouder of the fact that she is a straight A student and a really nice kid. And I certainly don't need to wear my daughter's uniform to feel good about myself. Sorry that u do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But you need to brag about your kid and rip others on this site. Keep wearing your vineyard vines gear and drive your Range Rover .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So much anger over a jacket wearing mom... I must be missing something, I see this all the time in every sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So much anger over a jacket wearing mom... I must be missing something, I see this all the time in every sport.

u see mom's wearing the uniform of their daughter from high school at a club travel event? Just to show that her daughter, who hasn't started 9th grade yet plays high school lax? And this is normal where u are? i don't see it very often. Just w the LI nut jobs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But you need to brag about your kid and rip others on this site. Keep wearing your vineyard vines gear and drive your Range Rover .

you miss the irony

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you miss the irony

Well these posts are quickly going down hill. First the anger at jacket wearing mom now Range Rover guy? Stereotypical Suffolk county response. Believe me if we actually had a competive club program in Nassau most of us would not be farting out to the boondocks. But then again if that happened you would have much of a program would you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2% of all HS varsity athletes get money to play in college. Slightly more in lacrosse because its not played everywhere.

So say a couple of players on each varsity team get some cash to play in college and a couple more go on to play D3 with no athletic money. Why are the handful of parents who have children that do get a few sheckels the loudest most obnoxious people on these boards and on the sidelines? Those who get money are the overwhelming minority. Shut up! Your are ruining the sport for everyone else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

u see mom's wearing the uniform of their daughter from high school at a club travel event? Just to show that her daughter, who hasn't started 9th grade yet plays high school lax? And this is normal where u are? i don't see it very often. Just w the LI nut jobs.

An 8th grader playing varsity just means the school program is weak - not really something to brag about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U

An 8th grader playing varsity just means the school program is weak - not really something to brag about.

That just shows how ignorant you are , all three state championship teams have starters that were in 8th grade or were starters for their team as 8th graders . If those are weak programs then exactly who are the strong programs .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you miss the irony

Well these posts are quickly going down hill. First the anger at jacket wearing mom now Range Rover guy? Stereotypical Suffolk county response. Believe me if we actually had a competive club program in Nassau most of us would not be farting out to the boondocks. But then again if that happened you would have much of a program would you?

Actually we would have the only 3 returning state championship programs . Nassau lax been overrated for years .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Angry or jealous, Angry and jealous...

Who cares... again I must be missing something, but I still say who cares. Why would it bother you? Are you saying the mom shows up wearing the jersey, shorts, goggles of the HS team (Is that the uniform you are talking about) ??? That would be a sight! Or are we talking about a Jacket the mom is wearing while her daughter is playing?

My wife wears my sons football jacket to games all the time. Wait until I tell her what a fool she is!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Angry or jealous, Angry and jealous...

Who cares... again I must be missing something, but I still say who cares. Why would it bother you? Are you saying the mom shows up wearing the jersey, shorts, goggles of the HS team (Is that the uniform you are talking about) ??? That would be a sight! Or are we talking about a Jacket the mom is wearing while her daughter is playing?

My wife wears my sons football jacket to games all the time. Wait until I tell her what a fool she is!

u r missing the point. she wears the jacket not to the high school games (although i'm sure she does that too), but to the club games. It is clear why. You see these girls hadn't started high school yet. It is so she can show off that her 8th grade daughter was playing varsity to the other club parents. get it? It is just another example of the me first culture in lax. It isn't about supporting the team (unlike what it sounds like your wife is doing). In fact it's quite the opposite. And that is the culture on the sidelines of club lax. Let me make sure you know suzy plays varsity as an 8th grader. And did you know suzy is being recruited by so cool U? and i don't know why everyone isn't always passing to suzy, they're such ball hogs. Oh wait, suzy has the ball!! Go to goal suzy, go to goal!!! Now maybe you understand this jacket thing? but enough about jackets.

Can we get one competitive college bowl game please!!!

Page 22 of 42 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard