BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,830
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 86 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Kids repeating a grade before going to an IAC school for 9th grade is close to a given these days. The IAC has a league rule stating a kid can only play 4 years, so that pushes it younger. Unfair to single out any one...Bullis, Landon, Mater Dei, etc all have the same families going through for the same reasons. Paint it all with a mop.

The funniest thing is a lot of these kids wind up needing an additional PG year at a boarding school in order to cajole a college coach to take them. Business is very good for expensive prep schools these days.

Can we say that at least these kids are getting lots of high quality education?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you could say these kids are getting a lot of private education between ages 12-20. Unfortunately it costs about what college does or more in some instances. If money no object, no big deal I suppose. Fair point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you could say these kids are getting a lot of private education between ages 12-20. Unfortunately it costs about what college does or more in some instances. If money no object, no big deal I suppose. Fair point.

Also why is anyone shocked that money buys privilege and more 2nd,3rd,4th and even 5th tries at things. And news flash Lacrosse players parents have more money then most sports I would guess to say. So before you start any game you must know the rules. The ones written down and most importantly the rules not written down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a true point which is pretty sad. Maybe privilege access and many chances are the reasons why affluent people push their kids into lacrosse or why the kids stay. If a kid isn't an obvious recruit in most other sports it is not a possible outcome, but in lacrosse a kid doesn't need to be a top player in his class or league if it gets pushed along. Maybe this is also why with rare exception DMV kids fail so miserably when they do get to a D1 college to play lacrosse. Most of the local prodigies in recent years have totally washed out. Some exceptions like the Fields kid at Hopkins, but count up their bench of DMV kids and it is pretty stark.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not shocked that kids who can't play D1 level lacrosse go anyways. That has always been the case. The only differences in the DMV now versus 10 years ago is there are a lot more kids playing, so more competition, and parents are having kids repeat grades once or twice to fight those tides.

Eventually one of two things happens: lacrosse alienates average kids from middle or lower income families away from the sport or the tides wash out the DMV privileged kids. What I do see is that club lacrosse is definitely at the edge of the second where parents who just can't pump thousands into clubs, showcases, etc. and see writing on the wall that if you don't there isn't hope. So unfortunately there is a real risk that lacrosse goes backwards to being a prep school oriented sport that is also a college sport...like crew or another preppie sport that disfavors broad participation. My oldest is now an upperclassman in high school and the attrition from his club team was mostly kids who were really good athletes who turned their focus to football or another sport because they saw a college possibility being greater there. That makes sense since the opportunities are more abundant in those other sports as well.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have results for the Madlax Fallfest in the 2021 and 2022 bracket?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019/2020AA Division: Next Level 2020AA (6) - 3D Pacific 2020AA (5)
2020A/B Division: 3D Mid-Atlantic (6) - Madlax-Georgia (4)
2021 Open Division: 3D Pacific (9) - Madlax-Capital (3)
2022 Open Division: Cannons Select (8) - 3D Mid-Atlantic (4)
U11A (2022/23) Division: Bethesda 2022 Orange (6) - Next Level 2023 (2)
U11B (2023/24) Division: Madlax-Capital 2024 (7) - Madlax-MD/VA 2023 (3)
U9A (2024/25) Division: Bethesda 2025 Blue (9) - Madlax-Capital 2024/25 (6)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Level 2020 is legit....looked really good

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019/2020AA Division: Next Level 2020AA (6) - 3D Pacific 2020AA (5)
2020A/B Division: 3D Mid-Atlantic (6) - Madlax-Georgia (4)
2021 Open Division: 3D Pacific (9) - Madlax-Capital (3)
2022 Open Division: Cannons Select (8) - 3D Mid-Atlantic (4)
U11A (2022/23) Division: Bethesda 2022 Orange (6) - Next Level 2023 (2)
U11B (2023/24) Division: Madlax-Capital 2024 (7) - Madlax-MD/VA 2023 (3)
U9A (2024/25) Division: Bethesda 2025 Blue (9) - Madlax-Capital 2024/25 (6)

Heard some allegations of MadLax moving kids between teams at the younger age groups to capture trophies. Can anyone verify?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They do this at all levels...this is nothing new

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find it odd that a 22 Bethesda Team won a U11 Bracket considering they would be U13 if it were age based not grade. Also thought it was funny when the Madlax-Georgia Team 22/23 had a 6 footer playing in the U11 Bracket and then 2020 brackets. They will continue to struggle these tournaments

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They do this at all levels...this is nothing new

Yes, Madlax had several kids playing down. That's what they do. Not everyone does that, but they do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They've been doing this for years. In soccer you have to carry your ID with your US Soccer number and d.o.b.

Jesus, if we already have grade based to avoid same age groups, it seems like way overboard to ignore that as well and just have kids play down grades now. Soccer put this in place to curb the rampant cheating and it works. How hard could this be?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They've been doing this for years. In soccer you have to carry your ID with your US Soccer number and d.o.b.

Jesus, if we already have grade based to avoid same age groups, it seems like way overboard to ignore that as well and just have kids play down grades now. Soccer put this in place to curb the rampant cheating and it works. How hard could this be?

No one played down. Kids played for two teams because of injuries or numbers. But they never played down. Kids went from a capital team to a state team but never down a grade year. Also some 2020 kids played up for the 2019. If you have more evidence of kids playing down please inform us. You can give Proof without kids names.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one played down. Kids played for two teams because of injuries or numbers. But they never played down. Kids went from a capital team to a state team but never down a grade year. Also some 2020 kids played up for the 2019. If you have more evidence of kids playing down please inform us. You can give Proof without kids names.

There were kids on the 2020 teams who played on their 2021 teams last weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well what did the roster size look like for this 2021 team that was cheating so much that you had to write about it. Did the so called 2020 player score all the goals? If they had low numbers would you rather them just forfeit and then your team would of had one less game? And heck with holdbacks and reclass kids why does anyone care about age and grade with any kid anymore. We all agree just let them play who cares if they are older by a year or two correct?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well what did the roster size look like for this 2021 team that was cheating so much that you had to write about it. Did the so called 2020 player score all the goals? If they had low numbers would you rather them just forfeit and then your team would of had one less game? And heck with holdbacks and reclass kids why does anyone care about age and grade with any kid anymore. We all agree just let them play who cares if they are older by a year or two correct?

So you are saying that if the rules state these are grade based teams, it's fine for a kid in an older grade to play down on a team that is filled with younger grade kids and plays against kids in a lower grade.

Got it. I guess you condone that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't believe that any club that rosters 25 or 30 kids on a team ever struggles to put 10 on the field with at least a few subs. Even with kids sick, hurt, other conflicts of the extreme is you have only 1 goalie and 14 field players, you should have 15 very happy kids and families going home. Kids can play 3 games, and if they are doing expensive club lacrosse to develop and get noticed eventually they want to play as much as they can.

If any club is hauling kids down or over from other teams in the same club, I believe the reason for that is something else. And something else is usually importing over or down ringers to make sure the team has the best props to win and make the club look good (or at least better than their crosse county rivals). I don't need to suggest that Madlax, VLC, FCA, Crabs and all others have reasons to do this: all you need to do is follow the Monday morning social media bragging about which club team won or did better than the rival club teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We love guest playing. My son was asked to play the next two weekends for a two club teams he is not a member of. Playing up one weekend and correct age the second. Thank you coaches for guest players at no cost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It appears that 3d posted some pretty good results at the MadLax event. Was this due to them pulling from very large geographic regions (Pacific, Mid-Atlantic, etc.) or is there something they are doing differently with the club? Interested to hear what others think.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It appears that 3d posted some pretty good results at the MadLax event. Was this due to them pulling from very large geographic regions (Pacific, Mid-Atlantic, etc.) or is there something they are doing differently with the club? Interested to hear what others think.

Didn't get to see the Pacific team, so can't comment on their skill level or team play. 3D Mid Atlantic played in A division, not AA. Not sure how well they would have done playing in AA ... kudos to them for winning their bracket championship though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a 2022 A team which madlax moved from the 2022 AA division. It was a decision from above. The tournament could not find a suitable group for them on Sunday to play with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 3D Pacific team was solid -- team was made up of players from several different states out west, but they played well together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a son who has guest played for 3D many times over the last 2 years and I have to say it has always been a great weekend of reps and competition when he does. We have liked the flexibility and they have been very reasonable about costs and schedule around other events he does. For our family this is ideal because we'd prefer to just drop club completely since his school does off season events, but 3D allows as much or as little supplement our son wants and it works. They also do a great indoor box league for high school teams in the winter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't believe that any club that rosters 25 or 30 kids on a team ever struggles to put 10 on the field with at least a few subs. Even with kids sick, hurt, other conflicts of the extreme is you have only 1 goalie and 14 field players, you should have 15 very happy kids and families going home. Kids can play 3 games, and if they are doing expensive club lacrosse to develop and get noticed eventually they want to play as much as they can.

If any club is hauling kids down or over from other teams in the same club, I believe the reason for that is something else. And something else is usually importing over or down ringers to make sure the team has the best props to win and make the club look good (or at least better than their crosse county rivals). I don't need to suggest that Madlax, VLC, FCA, Crabs and all others have reasons to do this: all you need to do is follow the Monday morning social media bragging about which club team won or did better than the rival club teams.

I think you are putting way to much thought in to this. I think they just wanted have even brackets and good games. The 2020AA bracket had two 2019A teams in it. And all the top 2020AA teams that played the 2019A teams played well or beat the 2019A teams. But after each game none of the parents where upset on either side. Its fall and Madlax is not trying to win a championship they just wanted even games and good play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the 3D Midatlantic 2021 is a legitimate "A" team. Good size, speed, skills and coaching. Can say the same about the Madlax-Capital 2021 team. Both seem improved from the past. They'd be well served to scrimmage frequently, imo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the 3D Midatlantic 2021 is a legitimate "A" team. Good size, speed, skills and coaching. Can say the same about the Madlax-Capital 2021 team. Both seem improved from the past. They'd be well served to scrimmage frequently, imo.

What this says to me is the better kids from one of these teams should move over to the other team and make a good to great AA team. This kills me AA kids should play AA they should not hurt themselves and play on a A team just because mommy and daddy do not like to drive 15 or 20 more miles for practice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What this says to me is the better kids from one of these teams should move over to the other team and make a good to great AA team. This kills me AA kids should play AA they should not hurt themselves and play on a A team just because mommy and daddy do not like to drive 15 or 20 more miles for practice.

How about you worry about your own kid? God, get a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I think the 3D Midatlantic 2021 is a legitimate "A" team. Good size, speed, skills and coaching. Can say the same about the Madlax-Capital 2021 team. Both seem improved from the past. They'd be well served to scrimmage frequently, imo.

How about you worry about your own kid? God, get a life.

I am thinking about my own kid. If you have a AA kid and you are sandbagging him and playing with a A team he is not on my sons AA team helping them win. Or my son thinks he is better then he really is because all these AA players are playing down so their parents can brag and hang with there friends and not doing whats best for their son. So calling all sandbagging parents please play your son at the high level he can play. This is better for everyone trust me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

15-20 extra miles is DMV traffic? If my kid has a good option close there's no discussion. It's youth sports right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a son who has guest played for 3D many times over the last 2 years and I have to say it has always been a great weekend of reps and competition when he does. We have liked the flexibility and they have been very reasonable about costs and schedule around other events he does. For our family this is ideal because we'd prefer to just drop club completely since his school does off season events, but 3D allows as much or as little supplement our son wants and it works. They also do a great indoor box league for high school teams in the winter.

Guest playing for free is great for everyone. I guess it makes up for the $3500 that 3d charges annually, more than almost any other club by 50%.

How are their youth teams doing? The HS teams have been a disaster since Day 1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

15-20 extra miles is DMV traffic? If my kid has a good option close there's no discussion. It's youth sports right?

Its fine you can tell me its the drive or traffic but the truth is you love your little super stat being the best on his A team and everyone telling you how good he is. God forbid you tryout and play for a AA team where he has to work and get better to play at a AA level. But you feel good and you have your friends to hang with. I get it. its hard to not feel comfortable and be scared your star might not be the best on the field. A level is good lacrosse I am talking about the clear AA player playing down on A level clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When we guest play we do pay the tournament fee per player, usually about a hundred bucks. Not sure about how the youth teams are performing. The high school teams we have guest played on have been pretty good. The competition is also pretty good. On a given weekend the team could have 4-5 excellent players or just 1-2. Depends a lot on what roster is live for that weekend. More about reps and flexibility. The coaching is excellent. I'd be surprised if their youth teams do not develop well together as they age up.

Just my opinion, but how great a high school club team is for us is secondary after the flexibility.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When we guest play we do pay the tournament fee per player, usually about a hundred bucks. Not sure about how the youth teams are performing. The high school teams we have guest played on have been pretty good. The competition is also pretty good. On a given weekend the team could have 4-5 excellent players or just 1-2. Depends a lot on what roster is live for that weekend. More about reps and flexibility. The coaching is excellent. I'd be surprised if their youth teams do not develop well together as they age up.

Just my opinion, but how great a high school club team is for us is secondary after the flexibility.

The reason why 3d has offered you (and others) so many guest spots is because they are always scrambling to field a HS team.

Their 2016 team was terrible, and their 2017, 2018 and 2019 teams are worse. They have some good players, but half the roster is filled with guys who would never make a top tier team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its fine you can tell me its the drive or traffic but the truth is you love your little super stat being the best on his A team and everyone telling you how good he is. God forbid you tryout and play for a AA team where he has to work and get better to play at a AA level. But you feel good and you have your friends to hang with. I get it. its hard to not feel comfortable and be scared your star might not be the best on the field. A level is good lacrosse I am talking about the clear AA player playing down on A level clubs.

Actually my kid is middle of the roster on good A team. We're in baltimore - so fortunate to have more choices. He's tried out for AA teams but just isn't good for the top teams. The opposite is true up here - that parents will drive all over, encourage their kid to switch teams and suck up to coaches in an effort to get their kid on a "AA" team so they have my boy is "AA" status. Is he learning the game, becoming a better athlete/teammate & having fun? That's all that matters

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at the results from the MadLax tourney last Sunday it looks like the 2021 3d Pacific team beat the MadLax 2021 Capital team pretty handily to win that bracket. In addition, the 2021 MidAtlantic 3d team lost by one to the MadLax 2021 Capital team in the same bracket. In addition, the 3d MidAtlantic 2022 team beat the 2022 MadLax Capital team. I would agree with the poster that suggested if some of the local teams were combined there would be a very formidable AAA team formed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at the results from the MadLax tourney last Sunday it looks like the 2021 3d Pacific team beat the MadLax 2021 Capital team pretty handily to win that bracket. In addition, the 2021 MidAtlantic 3d team lost by one to the MadLax 2021 Capital team in the same bracket. In addition, the 3d MidAtlantic 2022 team beat the 2022 MadLax Capital team. I would agree with the poster that suggested if some of the local teams were combined there would be a very formidable AAA team formed.

AAA team? what tournament or league has AAA division?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's Madlax-speak. Nobody else uses the AAA term but them. Just ignore it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's Madlax-speak. Nobody else uses the AAA term but them. Just ignore it.

Ok we get it you hate Madlax and their marketing with the AAA team. They did this to show that their second teams would be playing in AA brackets. Its whatever. But the original guy got my point. NOVA needs to step up and combined some teams so those top kids from here can play with and beat the MD,NJ,NY, and Mass. kids. So back to my point the parents of the best kids need to be way more proactive and pick top club VLC or Madlax both have the options and connections. Pick one and leave these other A level clubs for the A level kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You parents are being weird. It would be bizarre if NoVa couldn't field two solid hotbed "A" teams at that age. That's a compliment. Y'all talk like A clubs are B clubs. No. I'd say AA teams are top 10-15 in country. I'd say a AA player is one with superlative skills or athleticism who has great skills and can beat an "A" defender almost every time or a defender who never gets beat and can wreak havoc on even a solid "A" attack or a player who runs by everyone and dominates between the lines. If your son plays offense and within 10 minutes you don't hear the other side's coach yelling for the defender to white him out or moving his best longstick to cover him, I don't know that I'd worry about missing out on a AA team quite yet.

Like Reply Quote
Page 34 of 86 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard