BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,898
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 86 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Madlax Virginia/Maryland teams are already a disaster. Splitting their B teams into two weaker B teams was just a move to bring in the kids they'd normally cut. More money for them, but worse for those kids.

I think you need to go through the spring and summer tryouts before you kill this new plan. Madlax has structure like it or not . Please write back 12 months from today you might still be correct but I would bet on Madlax putting good teams out there in 12 months.

You can tell by those rosters that the move (though probably successfully financially short-term) is not a good one. The talent on those teams is pretty bad. Not surprised to see they combined a few grade years for some teams.

Ok let's ask a question the kids who used to get cut did they still leave and go play travel somewhere? I would say yes. Next question is there enough talent on these other teams to take from to field a good team? I would say yes. Also it's fall the lightest numbers of the year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2020 VA and MD teams do not have enough players and the teams share several players in order to get 17 players per team....I doubt they cut many players at all. I think madlax is reaching on this, but then again I haven't run a lax organization so what do I really know?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2020 VA and MD teams do not have enough players and the teams share several players in order to get 17 players per team....I doubt they cut many players at all. I think madlax is reaching on this, but then again I haven't run a lax organization so what do I really know?

It doesn't matter if it's Madlax or any other club. Taking your B team and dividing into 2 doesn't make sense for the kids. It only makes sense if you are trying to make more money.

I saw this team play. They are pretty bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know how madlax 2024 did versus Bethesda 2024 last weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It doesn't matter if it's Madlax or any other club. Taking your B team and dividing into 2 doesn't make sense for the kids. It only makes sense if you are trying to make more money.

I saw this team play. They are pretty bad.

I love when its Madlax its about making money but when its the other lower clubs playing in the same league and with the same talent level its giving kids a chance to play and get better. Even if the teams are not winning games with this new system those kids will have better coaching and the chance to play in 30 to 40% more games over the next year then the other A/B level teams in the area. And I am willing to bet that other kids will see that the teams are a little low on talent and they will be asking and trying out for these Madlax teams in the spring/summer. Being part of a larger organization is better in the long run. The chance to move up from these teams is real I have seen it and been part of it. And if you are a A level player who is on the edge of being a AA player this is the best option for you. I know I sound like a Homer but this is what I see.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know I sound like a Homer but this is what I see.

That's the only correct thing you said in that post. Have you seen those teams play?

Playing for a B team is never a good idea, Dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is wrong with having a B team. If the kids want it and the parents can afford it where is the harm? I am the parent of a very strong AA player and two weaker B level players. It is what it is and we are not all created equal. There should be avenues for all players. Kids should still be able to enjoy the game without being groomed to be D1 players. I am not a Madlax parent!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what!!??? I thought if you kid is not AA his a throw away?!? You mean every kid that wants to play should have fun?? You are on the wrong thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the madlax model definitely has a place in nova where the options are few. I just think they may be pricing themselves out of the market a bit. Sharing players between teams to be able to make a full roster for both is tough. Hopefully it's a good deal for those kids doing both and they can play 2 games for the price of only one. Anyone know how blackwolf is doing at the youth level? Did they field teams at the lower year groups?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know I sound like a Homer but this is what I see.

That's the only correct thing you said in that post. Have you seen those teams play?

Playing for a B team is never a good idea, Dad.

Well if you are going to play on a B level team Madlax is still the best option no fear of folding, organized and solid to great coaches. Once again name a better option for the kids on these teams and you are saying Next level or elevation are better. Or are you saying Cavs, Battlelax, or VELL are better then playing for a Madlax state team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the madlax model definitely has a place in nova where the options are few. I just think they may be pricing themselves out of the market a bit. Sharing players between teams to be able to make a full roster for both is tough. Hopefully it's a good deal for those kids doing both and they can play 2 games for the price of only one. Anyone know how blackwolf is doing at the youth level? Did they field teams at the lower year groups?

I know Blackwolf has a 2019 team but they really are not doing anything but a couple of practices right now. Blackwolf has great teams and players but they do way less actives compared to Madlax and VLC. I also agree with the Pricing out model I think Madlax would put themselves over the top if they charged less for the state team players. or now that they do have more teams to lower it for everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is wrong with having a B team. If the kids want it and the parents can afford it where is the harm? I am the parent of a very strong AA player and two weaker B level players. It is what it is and we are not all created equal. There should be avenues for all players. Kids should still be able to enjoy the game without being groomed to be D1 players. I am not a Madlax parent!

You are right - there is nothing wrong with being a B level player, especially if the kid just wants to have fun and has not expectations of playing at a higher level.

I think the point is that Madlax has chosen to split their B team into two, which sounds like it benefits the bottom line more than the players. It depends a lot on the age of the kid, too. If a kid is in HS and wants to be recruited, playing on a B team is a bad idea. As a youth, he might be better served playing on an different A team that has better players or plays better competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC 2024 Blue 6
Madlax Capital 2024 5

Was a good game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are right - there is nothing wrong with being a B level player, especially if the kid just wants to have fun and has not expectations of playing at a higher level.

I think the point is that Madlax has chosen to split their B team into two, which sounds like it benefits the bottom line more than the players. It depends a lot on the age of the kid, too. If a kid is in HS and wants to be recruited, playing on a B team is a bad idea. As a youth, he might be better served playing on an different A team that has better players or plays better competition.

This is where you are so wrong Madlax A teams play in the same or better tournaments then all the A level teams around. If you are good enough to make VLC or Blackwolf you also should be on the top Madlax Captial team. So if you can not make these three top NOVA teams a Madlax State team is the next best option hands down. We are talking about kids on the line between A and AA players. Wining a tournament in Richmond on a lower level "A" team is not better then playing for a state Madlax team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When it comes to the bottom line Madlax is not a 501C they are for profit we all know this. So all of there teams being good and playing in the best places make them more money also. So I think they have been doing this long enough to maybe pull off these extra teams. No one answer my question about the amount of talent in the area to handle 3 Madlax teams. I would say there is. But everyone is lazy and does no research and just listen to there local coach whos son got cut from Madlax some years ago. I am willing to bet Madlax has cut more kids in the last 10 years then any other club. So that equals a lot of mad dads and moms out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When it comes to the bottom line Madlax is not a 501C they are for profit we all know this. So all of there teams being good and playing in the best places make them more money also. So I think they have been doing this long enough to maybe pull off these extra teams. No one answer my question about the amount of talent in the area to handle 3 Madlax teams. I would say there is. But everyone is lazy and does no research and just listen to there local coach whos son got cut from Madlax some years ago. I am willing to bet Madlax has cut more kids in the last 10 years then any other club. So that equals a lot of mad dads and moms out there.

Can you tell me where you graduated from college? I just want to make sure my son doesn't end up there. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is where you are so wrong Madlax A teams play in the same or better tournaments then all the A level teams around. If you are good enough to make VLC or Blackwolf you also should be on the top Madlax Captial team. So if you can not make these three top NOVA teams a Madlax State team is the next best option hands down. We are talking about kids on the line between A and AA players. Wining a tournament in Richmond on a lower level "A" team is not better then playing for a state Madlax team.

What about Cavalier 2020? They apparently smoked Madlax MD AA (not sure if they are really AA, but that's what they are calling them) last weekend in the Next Level fall league...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's why it's called "Madlax."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about Cavalier 2020? They apparently smoked Madlax MD AA (not sure if they are really AA, but that's what they are calling them) last weekend in the Next Level fall league...

That was a state team like what we are talking about. There Top Capital teams do not play in next level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you tell me where you graduated from college? I just want to make sure my son doesn't end up there. Thanks.

So my bad spelling and grammer make me wrong how? What part of what I said upset you so much. The fact that Cavs 2020 are pretty good prove my point. Those kids are going to play in crappy tournaments the next 2 or three years tell they get smart and play for Madlax,Blackwolf or VLC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody's mad at you dude. But you keep insisting that this Madlax MD and VA thing is working just fine. Considering they officially had to combine some grades, had to share players during the day because the lack of numbers, etc. it's hard to agree with you. The one Madlax state team I saw was very weak.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is unbelievable the amount of people that spend so much time on this forum bashing Madlax. If you don't like it then leave the forum. If your son doesn't like it then leave the program. This really cracked me up - "If a kid is in HS and wants to be recruited, playing on a B team is a bad idea. As a youth, he might be better served playing on an different A team that has better players or plays better competition." The reality is if your son is in HS and only playing on a "B" team, the likelihood of him getting recruited is probably pretty slim. That said - there is some benefit to playing on a club like Madlax if he can only make the "B" team because there is room to move up, there is the greater possiblity of having more playing time regardless of the competition which may improve his skill set and allow him to make an "A" team or an "AA" team. All the people complaining about the new Madlax model should just pack their bags and move on. Your just wasting your time here unless of course you enjoy wallowing in your sorrows...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]It is unbelievable the amount of people that spend so much time on this forum bashing Madlax./quote]

There is actually much more bashing of other clubs on this forum (such as taking shots at Cavalier, etc.)

As for HS, you couldn't be more wrong. If you are on a Madlax B team, you have to find a new club. It is stupid to wait until a spot opens up because you are losing valuable recruiting time. Those spots don't open up except for when kids leaves for other clubs or stop playing club lacrosse because they've committed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can see the Va-MD teams are doing Fallfest on Saturday and Capital on Sunday. Will be interesting to see whether the 3d Pacific teams coming both days will be AA or A - that's quite a lot of territory from which to assemble a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]It is unbelievable the amount of people that spend so much time on this forum bashing Madlax./quote]

There is actually much more bashing of other clubs on this forum (such as taking shots at Cavalier, etc.)

As for HS, you couldn't be more wrong. If you are on a Madlax B team, you have to find a new club. It is stupid to wait until a spot opens up because you are losing valuable recruiting time. Those spots don't open up except for when kids leaves for other clubs or stop playing club lacrosse because they've committed.

Well this is my point people think Cavs is a better option. The Cavs top teams do not play in the top tournaments they play in the same tournaments as Madlax B/state teams at the youth and high school level. That is my point Cavs,Battlelax,freedom, VELL all play in worse or same level tournaments as Madlax state teams. Please go online and prove me wrong. VLC,Blackworlf and Madlax Cap. are the only teams playing in the top tournaments youth and high school. So if you are going to play A level ball play Madlax with the chance to move up to play AA at some point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's terrible advice. Nobody from Madlax' B teams moves up. Kids only move up when someone on their Orange team leaves for another club or stop playing because they are committed. You could be waiting 4 years to be able to move up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My main point is if you are in HS and playing on a "B" club team, the real liklihood of you getting recruited is pretty slim. I agree with you that spots on the top teams do not open very often but I've seen it and not just where kids have left but where some kids have just worked harder for the spot and beat out kids that had it for a long time...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's terrible advice. Nobody from Madlax' B teams moves up. Kids only move up when someone on their Orange team leaves for another club or stop playing because they are committed. You could be waiting 4 years to be able to move up.

My point was unless you are playing for VLC or Blackwolf you are not up either. All other clubs from NOVA play everywhere Madlax B teams play or tournaments even worse. So both options are the same but at least Madlax has a name and a chance to move up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid is on any B team, you have to try to find a team that plays in better tournament, has better teammates and plays better competition. Period.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm no madlax fan, but I do not agree with the bashing of the B teams. They have a viable place. Many folks in nova have an unacceptable rec situation. The quality of rec in some places is just plain awful. Madlax offers an alternative to that. Lots of these kids aren't interested in playing in college at all....they just want to play where there is at least some expectation of performance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My main point is if you are in HS and playing on a "B" club team, the real liklihood of you getting recruited is pretty slim. I agree with you that spots on the top teams do not open very often but I've seen it and not just where kids have left but where some kids have just worked harder for the spot and beat out kids that had it for a long time... [/quote]

That is a ridiculous statement, being recruited happens on a B team if you are at the right tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My main point is if you are in HS and playing on a "B" club team, the real liklihood of you getting recruited is pretty slim. I agree with you that spots on the top teams do not open very often but I've seen it and not just where kids have left but where some kids have just worked harder for the spot and beat out kids that had it for a long time...

That is a ridiculous statement, being recruited happens on a B team if you are at the right tournaments.[/quote]

Completely agree. You are much better off on a top level club's B team, that plays in good tournaments, then you are on a lower level A team. You are much more likely to be noticed playing for FCA White, MADLAX Orange, etc than you are playing for Lax World, Roughriders, etc

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fca white=rec b players
Madlax= AA-a+
Rough would beat both

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fca white=rec b players
Madlax= AA-a+
Rough would beat both

Correct. Roughriders 2020 are solid. FCA White is A...not AA, but not B either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fca white=rec b players
Madlax= AA-a+
Rough would beat both

2020 Roughriders lost approx four top players to Looney's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Define top players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Define top players.

athletes that compete at a high level and have an impact on the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In 4 years no one cares.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fca white=rec b players
Madlax= AA-a+
Rough would beat both

2020 Roughriders lost approx four top players to Looney's.

4 solid players but were not the top players on RR and at least two left due to philosophy differences - one the assistant coaches son. Wondering If they will see much play time if Looneys did not replace anyone to bring them on as the 2020 Orange was a great team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is a ridiculous statement, being recruited happens on a B team if you are at the right tournaments. [/quote]

I would love to see a list of "B" team players that have been recruited and by who. Not arguing just would like to see the list if there is one

Like Reply Quote
Page 31 of 86 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard