BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,756
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 47 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 46 47
Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was he held back or just playing down?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Was he held back or just playing down?

What program is everyone talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how was the turnout at legacy tryouts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
saw many legacy helmets at outlaws tryouts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many went to Outlaws, 2019 will be very strong for them this year!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If many did, they were from Smithtown. Very good town team, not so as a travel squad. Have at it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If many did, they were from Smithtown. Very good town team, not so as a travel squad. Have at it.

Legacy lost many players from last year, I'd say close to 15 if not more. Not sure why that wasn't promoted with so many spots available

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that it is hard for a high profile lax dad when his son is not a stand out player. But holding him back could actually backfire if he still does not stand out. Sad for all involved that it would come to this. What are we doing to these boys? Madness needs to stop. There is far more to their worth than what happens on the lacrosse field!
Tree

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy lost many players from last year, I'd say close to 15 if not more. Not sure why that wasn't promoted with so many spots available

Looks like Legacy will have one 2019 team made up of kids from A that stayed, the best ones returning from the B team, and filled in with a few new ones. Weren't many kids there but definitely some skill. I think it's a good opportunity to play on the top team with excellent coaches, even if it's not the so-called AA! Parents are out of their minds with all the AA, A, B stuff anyway. It's about the coaches and how your son fits in. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. Hope my son makes the team as one of the newcomers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that it is hard for a high profile lax dad when his son is not a stand out player. But holding him back could actually backfire if he still does not stand out. Sad for all involved that it would come to this. What are we doing to these boys? Madness needs to stop. There is far more to their worth than what happens on the lacrosse field!
Tree

What program?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When a coach and director reclass his kid wow what does that say ?!?!?!?!

What does that say? Well, maybe if you were listening to the college coaching staffs at many of the recruiting camps this summer; Jake Reed, Blue Chip, Elite 180, Maverick, Texas 99, etc. Many of them told us that they recommended "reclassiying kids". This is because most of the the other states have been doing this for years. Our kids are at a disadvantage. Maybe you should attend some of these showcases and you would get this info firsthand. I personally heard this and debated the entire summer. It's wasn't the right choice for us, we have other things going on. This parent/coach is not the only one doing it. I think I've heard at least 5-7 parents have done it this year. It must feel good singling out this guy (parent-coach). I think there are a few disgruntled parents from his old team leading the way on this one. I hear them on my sideline bad mouthing him. He is a good guy, my son has trained with him before. He son is a great kid. Shame on you guys for allowing and continuing to ask questions about SPECIFIC families.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like Legacy will have one 2019 team made up of kids from A that stayed, the best ones returning from the B team, and filled in with a few new ones. Weren't many kids there but definitely some skill. I think it's a good opportunity to play on the top team with excellent coaches, even if it's not the so-called AA! Parents are out of their minds with all the AA, A, B stuff anyway. It's about the coaches and how your son fits in. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. Hope my son makes the team as one of the newcomers.

Should be an amazing opportunity, makes you think they engineerd this some how. Turn over players and coaches. Get fresh blood. Start new and rebuild.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does that say? Well, maybe if you were listening to the college coaching staffs at many of the recruiting camps this summer; Jake Reed, Blue Chip, Elite 180, Maverick, Texas 99, etc. Many of them told us that they recommended "reclassiying kids". This is because most of the the other states have been doing this for years. Our kids are at a disadvantage. Maybe you should attend some of these showcases and you would get this info firsthand. I personally heard this and debated the entire summer. It's wasn't the right choice for us, we have other things going on. This parent/coach is not the only one doing it. I think I've heard at least 5-7 parents have done it this year. It must feel good singling out this guy (parent-coach). I think there are a few disgruntled parents from his old team leading the way on this one. I hear them on my sideline bad mouthing him. He is a good guy, my son has trained with him before. He son is a great kid. Shame on you guys for allowing and continuing to ask questions about SPECIFIC families.

It says you don't believe in your kid. It says you look for a way to cheat to make your kid look better. It says you are a believer in smoke and mirrors. It says that you teach your kid to be a follower and not a leader, if everyone else is doing it, I guess I will to. Even though I know I'm gaining an unfair advantage. Teach your kid to be a man, do their best and work hard, don't take the easy way out. not everyone is destined to be a star on the lacrosse field. And that's ok. Sad that many of these reclass families will need to learn this the hard way!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was told this when asked to hold my son back this year.
The holdback rule should be for
A kid who has not hit puberty
that 5 star player who's folks maybe big - mom 5'8" + dad 6'+ and you have not hit puberty
birthday is fall of your appropriate school year maybe summer.
Should be for showcase and individual events only not team play - team play you play up to be challenged. A true D1 kid should be able to handle themselves playing up even playing up a year a year ahead of their appropriate level. (Yes that is the test of a true blue chip).

Then I was told your kid doesn't fit many of this criteria but is a good candidate anyway.

Guess what, they are making up the rules as they go along.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard very well what they said at recruiting tournaments you were not the only person there !! They don't care about YOU or YOUR KID .as a parent your job is to do what's best for your kid !!! The benefits of holding your kid back is to be bigger and stronger and a little more mature so hopefully a college will pick them up. So what you are really telling your kid is ... Honey your not as good as others so let's cheat, hold you back a year so you will be bigger and hopefully better than the younger kids. Am I wrong ??? I just hope these kids being held back aren't being forced because of daddy's dream I know I wouldn't want to have to stay in school a extra year !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That definitely does not say he doesn't believe in his kid. He may be giving his kid more opportunities. HIs kid is not big, has not gone through puberty for sure. Did you ever think that it may not be a lacrosse thing? Do you know how his kid did in school? To me the kid is a nice, polite kid. How does anyone know what is going on in that home? There may be more to the smoke and mirrors theory. Maybe the kid wants to be a star in the classroom and the field just comes along with it. It's funny how your theory has an "anonymous" name attached to your negativity.

It says you don't believe in your kid. It says you look for a way to cheat to make your kid look better. It says you are a believer in smoke and mirrors. It says that you teach your kid to be a follower and not a leader, if everyone else is doing it, I guess I will to. Even though I know I'm gaining an unfair advantage. Teach your kid to be a man, do their best and work hard, don't take the easy way out. not everyone is destined to be a star on the lacrosse field. And that's ok. Sad that many of these reclass families will need to learn this the hard way!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe you should not talk behind the back of others, maybe you should not blame the coach for your child's poor performance, maybe you should not go to various tryouts and speak about a coach who is highly respected even though they are from programs and have friendships outside of lacrosse. Those new coaches keep that in their back pocket. They know your number. So, the same goes for you. Be careful what you attack others for when you my friend are not the epitome of a good parent/LIFE coach of your own son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids do not get "left back" for academic reasons. That is a laughable excuse for promoting an athletic holdback! Bottom line is that the advocates for the growth of the game of lacrosse should not be promoting the holding back of kids. It is just wrong. It is elitist, as not everyone is not in the position to do it. Make all the excuses you want, but this has never been about an individual kid, most of them are great people! It is about the parents, putting their children into unnatural situations, which put unnecessary pressure on them. Let them be, they will wind up where they belong. Instead of a holdback on a team, where he is not even good enough to start, where all the parents are talking. I would never do that to my kid, but I guess to each their own!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree that nobody knows what their personal situation is and the coach, his kid, and entire family are wonderful people and shame on those who are doing the bashing !!! Just for the record the kid is small BUT he is still a damn good ball player !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree that nobody knows what their personal situation is and the coach, his kid, and entire family are wonderful people and shame on those who are doing the bashing !!! Just for the record the kid is small BUT he is still a damn good ball player !!

There are plenty of small players out there that do just fine, not a reason to holdback. What are you teaching your son? Keep making excuses, they will run out eventually! Instead, try nurturing his good qualities. They may not be lacrosse! You hurt your kids when you try to live your life through them via manipulation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks are always DUMB:
If it is for academics, kid is dumb.
If it is for athletics, patents are dumb and have misplaced the role if athletics.
Financially it is dumb, put your 15 k tuition in a 529 in 8 th grade and you get more than your lax scholarship.
College coaches would love ALL their recruits to do it- they are FIRED if they do not win - period.
Private schools also LOVE this as greatest fundraiser of all time.
How'd you like to sit in the same classes again for no reason at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids do not get "left back" for academic reasons. That is a laughable excuse for promoting an athletic holdback! Bottom line is that the advocates for the growth of the game of lacrosse should not be promoting the holding back of kids. It is just wrong. It is elitist, as not everyone is not in the position to do it. Make all the excuses you want, but this has never been about an individual kid, most of them are great people! It is about the parents, putting their children into unnatural situations, which put unnecessary pressure on them. Let them be, they will wind up where they belong. Instead of a holdback on a team, where he is not even good enough to start, where all the parents are talking. I would never do that to my kid, but I guess to each their own!

Yes, they are talking because they are not happy that someone just took their kids spot on the 2020 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, they are talking because they are not happy that someone just took their kids spot on the 2020 team.

Haha, that's funny. Someone is going to be very disappointed!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Went to 91 tryouts this weekend. My son I thought played well but was placed on the back fields for two days. Watched the kids playing on the front field and I realized how good the talent they had there. the kids played at another level. Just trying to figure out if the Stampede would be an option or is that team all political like many others. I saw them play in a few tournaments and it looked like they could use some help to improve and compete or if they would be content with the same kids. any insight is appreciated. Don't even know if my son will be offered a spot yet

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Went to 91 tryouts this weekend. My son I thought played well but was placed on the back fields for two days. Watched the kids playing on the front field and I realized how good the talent they had there. the kids played at another level. Just trying to figure out if the Stampede would be an option or is that team all political like many others. I saw them play in a few tournaments and it looked like they could use some help to improve and compete or if they would be content with the same kids. any insight is appreciated. Don't even know if my son will be offered a spot yet

Stay away from stampede! Friend of mine left the program we were with for stampede last year and it was a disaster and he came back. 3rd team is never a good experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stay away from stampede! Friend of mine left the program we were with for stampede last year and it was a disaster and he came back. 3rd team is never a good experience.

The stampede team happened to be very good at 2019 (the black team), last year they played up in A and did well in a few tournaments but not all. They are a B+ team. They also happened to have had a gold team at 2019 because they didn't want to cut any kids.. That team looked like a disaster, the parents thought their kids were better than they were. I think 91 realized its not worth trying to have 4 teams and are only having 3 this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The stampede team happened to be very good at 2019 (the black team), last year they played up in A and did well in a few tournaments but not all. They are a B+ team. They also happened to have had a gold team at 2019 because they didn't want to cut any kids.. That team looked like a disaster, the parents thought their kids were better than they were. I think 91 realized its not worth trying to have 4 teams and are only having 3 this year.

Who are the coaches for stampede?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the coaches are listed on the website, my kids 2021 team is coached by college players (NYIT and Adelphi) and pretty sure most of the teams except for 2018 are coached by NYIT college players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the Stampede team win any tournaments at all last year?. Just trying to figure out if it's worth it for my son to go there if he is asked . If they are a B team or an A team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets all be honest, they were put in A tournaments to promote that they have A teams. They didn't do well in most tournaments and took beating at several of them. I don't know why parents would subject themselves to this so the program can sell parents on this being an A team. I know most of their games were not close and it is a shame that they had to go into tournaments and be embarrassed. there is nothing wrong with putting them in solid B tournaments and have the kids play competitive games. I guess when you run a business perception is everything and reality is nothing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many turned out for 2019/2018 Legacy tryouts, anyone there ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets all be honest, they were put in A tournaments to promote that they have A teams. They didn't do well in most tournaments and took beating at several of them. I don't know why parents would subject themselves to this so the program can sell parents on this being an A team. I know most of their games were not close and it is a shame that they had to go into tournaments and be embarrassed. there is nothing wrong with putting them in solid B tournaments and have the kids play competitive games. I guess when you run a business perception is everything and reality is nothing.

I think if the Stampede add some kids from the tryouts the last few days .They have a chance to be a little more competitive in B tournaments. But you would have to take the A kids that they cut from yesterday's tryouts and ask them to get to play . Need to change at least 6 kids off the team based on last years playing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think if the Stampede add some kids from the tryouts the last few days .They have a chance to be a little more competitive in B tournaments. But you would have to take the A kids that they cut from yesterday's tryouts and ask them to get to play . Need to change at least 6 kids off the team based on last years playing

The year before they won all their B tournaments, hence why they decided to move up to A.. Yes, they got beat up by a lot of A teams, but what does that say for the "other" A teams that this team beat??? I know, I know Lehigh Lax fest was not strong A teams, but it ended up being 91 white vs. 91 stampede, which means all the other A teams got beat.

I have a feeling this team will add some more players this year and be more competitive in A (but will never beat 91 white or orange).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not many around 30 is what I heard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not good enough to start, huh? I wouldn't be too sure of that. Still hating on the kid? I hope you feel good about yourself every time you put in your 2 cents. He will be a great help to the team. My son really likes him and is happy that he's going to be a part of the team. I think the boys have welcomed him and the families will, too.

Haha, that's funny. Someone is going to be very disappointed!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In order for Stampede to compete they need to drop some of these kids and add others to be competitive. Just can't get better with what we had last year. Just being honest

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In order for Stampede to compete they need to drop some of these kids and add others to be competitive. Just can't get better with what we had last year. Just being honest

isn't that what the tryout process is for. To get the best talent available. I don't get the people that say they do it for the money. yeah they do it for the money but they try to commit the best they can. If a coach has a connection with a family or a few maybe those kids make the team but they still try to put the best product they can.

Put your child in the best situation which will challenge them the most.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep, they're marketing perfectly to the parents who are so mistakenly caught up in AA, A, B, etc! Next will be AAA, AA, and A, instead of A, B, C!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the coaches are listed on the website, my kids 2021 team is coached by college players (NYIT and Adelphi) and pretty sure most of the teams except for 2018 are coached by NYIT college players.

That's what you get with the 3rd or 4th team - college kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2019 had about 40 kids over two days. Looks like they're going to have one 2019 team with Mike Taylor, Tim Boyle and Sean Keenan all involved. Can't ask for a better staff than that especially heading into recruiting years with one team. Taylor and Keenan ran yesterday's tryout. Hope my son gets picked.

Page 9 of 47 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard