BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 47 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 46 47
Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lots of changes to LI 2019. who is still around and who isn't as A or better. It's not about who's best but who is around and going where.

Express - 2 LI teams

Where is everyone else going - buzz worthy
Outlaws
Revolution
Sting
Empire
Bluefish

Will they have a team
Team LI?
Legacy?
All Greys?
True Blue

All Greys are back, second tryout this weekend. Will be competitive as always

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where will all greys go this summer, will they take part time players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dget suckered in by these people. You only have to go to one tournament to get your kid looked at. The rest is up to you. Depends on how far you want to take it. This is what I say, screw travel and go to any prospect camp that interest your son. It's much cheaper and he can pick which college he is interested in and be looked at by the college coach. Plus you get to see thr campus. I'm done paying big money

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Dget suckered in by these people. You only have to go to one tournament to get your kid looked at. The rest is up to you. Depends on how far you want to take it. This is what I say, screw travel and go to any prospect camp that interest your son. It's much cheaper and he can pick which college he is interested in and be looked at by the college coach. Plus you get to see thr campus. I'm done paying big money

So no more travel for you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep. you'll get recruited, just like that. One, two, three, lickity split. Congrats, you cracked the code on recruiting.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The whole point is to not dish out all this money for travel. If your kid is good he will get recruited. Travel is all bull****. Your kids play because they love the game. Maybe it will help yoyr kid get into a college but that's about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't want to go to a team where they have kids parents doing the evalutions that's for sure. There's one out of Five I wouldn't go to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't want to go to a team where they have kids parents doing the evalutions that's for sure. There's one out of Five I wouldn't go to.

many of the 2019 teams have parents for evaluators and coaches. I dont get the 1 out of 5 comment. What team doesn't have a parent involved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What qualifies the parents to be evaluators? Why not have all the coaches do the evaluations. Parents need to be parents and stop thinking they are coaches. If they are not on the sidelines during the season then they should not have any say unless they don't have faith in the coaches to make the decisions. Who needs parent coaches. Don't you think the kids are beyond that? Let the coaches coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What qualifies the parents to be evaluators? Why not have all the coaches do the evaluations. Parents need to be parents and stop thinking they are coaches. If they are not on the sidelines during the season then they should not have any say unless they don't have faith in the coaches to make the decisions. Who needs parent coaches. Don't you think the kids are beyond that? Let the coaches coach.

Or when you are a HS coach, coaching your 2019 kid on his travel team, and he is not too good, what to do? Put him on a 2020 team and reclass. This just happened! Nice message you are sending "coach"!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parent need to keep their mouths shut, let the coaches coach and the players play. Our kids are not 8 yrs. old anymore. Enough is enough, let them play and sit there and keep your mouth shut. Parents are the worst.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or when you are a HS coach, coaching your 2019 kid on his travel team, and he is not too good, what to do? Put him on a 2020 team and reclass. This just happened! Nice message you are sending "coach"!

Come on how does this slip through and others get censored. really

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parent need to keep their mouths shut, let the coaches coach and the players play. Our kids are not 8 yrs. old anymore. Enough is enough, let them play and sit there and keep your mouth shut. Parents are the worst.

I don't agree with the post (calling out particular people) going through but Parents do not need to keep their mouths shut. Actually they should speak up more. They are the clients; the ones in charge.

The coaches/organizations need to be reminded they are being paid for a service, if the expected service isnt given, the parents, the ones who are shelling out the money have the right to speak up and have a say. (within limits of course).

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

What would you like us to censor?

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

I don't agree with the post (calling out particular people) going through but Parents do not need to keep their mouths shut. Actually they should speak up more. They are the clients; the ones in charge.

The coaches/organizations need to be reminded they are being paid for a service, if the expected service isnt given, the parents, the ones who are shelling out the money have the right to speak up and have a say. (within limits of course).

If adults want to call each other out, we are good with it, you are grown ups.... Handle it. Just leave the kids out of it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or when you are a HS coach, coaching your 2019 kid on his travel team, and he is not too good,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

If adults want to call each other out, we are good with it, you are grown ups.... Handle it. Just leave the kids out of it.

I am okay with calling the adult out. But I don't believe the kids were left out of the post... called them "not good" then proceeded to accuse of reclassing.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

I am okay with calling the adult out. But I don't believe the kids were left out of the post... called them "not good" then proceeded to accuse of reclassing.

There were no names mentioned.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also believe it's just a money grab we are paying for the college tuition of those who coach our kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, what is he actually doing, "reclassifying" or playing down which is cheating!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give me a break, the only time people ever have a problem with a program is when Their littlejohnie doesn't make the team.the best part is that their son doesnt make any top team and he starts calling foul on all clubs. when he does make the team and other kids are cut it is ok because they say my son was the best player out there, u never hear them complaining about other kids not making it

I just wish parents were more realistic with their sons ability. Here is alittle insider info for you crazy parents. You should all know that programs take into consideration the parents when there are a few kids who are equal in skill. Every program is getting rid of these extreme lax parents who cause nothing but headaches on the sidelines. Pain in the [lacrosse] parents will go to several programs and always complain And they wonder why they have been cut on not one or two but 3 teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give me a break, the only time people ever have a problem with a program is when Their littlejohnie doesn't make the team.the best part is that their son doesnt make any top team and he starts calling foul on all clubs. when he does make the team and other kids are cut it is ok because they say my son was the best player out there, u never hear them complaining about other kids not making it

I just wish parents were more realistic with their sons ability. Here is alittle insider info for you crazy parents. You should all know that programs take into consideration the parents when there are a few kids who are equal in skill. Every program is getting rid of these extreme lax parents who cause nothing but headaches on the sidelines. Pain in the [lacrosse] parents will go to several programs and always complain And they wonder why they have been cut on not one or two but 3 teams

We are on a 2019 thread right. You sound like you're new to this or speaking about 6th grade lax. I know of a group that took control of their sons' situations and up and left and all of their kids were starters 9/10 kids gone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for the coach you are attacking and at times the same position as his son. Because the world is not perfect I was not always 100% pleased at some of the decisions the coaches made but my boy played where he was told to, to the best of his ability and his efforts were appreciated. This coach set a good example for his team on and off the field and I am glad my son had the privilege of becoming friends with his son because that boy is a great kid in every sense of the word! Insulting the coach anonymously is bad enough but dragging a kids feelings through the mud on an open forum is the act of a twisted coward. My son has been disparaged on this site before and I ignored it but I could not keep my mouth shut on this one...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for the coach you are attacking and at times the same position as his son. Because the world is not perfect I was not always 100% pleased at some of the decisions the coaches made but my boy played where he was told to, to the best of his ability and his efforts were appreciated. This coach set a good example for his team on and off the field and I am glad my son had the privilege of becoming friends with his son because that boy is a great kid in every sense of the word! Insulting the coach anonymously is bad enough but dragging a kids feelings through the mud on an open forum is the act of a twisted coward. My son has been disparaged on this site before and I ignored it but I could not keep my mouth shut on this one...

I don't believe anyone was singled out, however if any coach reclasses his son because of his abilities, I see that as wrong and cheating, not bring a role model model for the sport. I bet a lot of others would too. Anything for that scholarship?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are we allowed to ask which coach you are talking about?

I don't believe anyone was singled out, however if any coach reclasses his son because of his abilities, I see that as wrong and cheating, not bring a role model model for the sport. I bet a lot of others would too. Anything for that scholarship?

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I
Are we allowed to ask which coach you are talking about?

Do not name the coach as you have all brought in the son. How would you feel if it were your son?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn't agree with you more when you say keep the kids out of it. The real problem for the most part comes down to the parents. If we let our kids just play and enjoy watching them then we should be happy. Parents think they run the organization and feel like they need to give their evaluations is nonsense. They mislead the parents when they do stuff like that. Parents think the coach is the one making decisions but in reality the parent who thinks he's a big part of the team makes decision. I bet if parents knew that was the case they would not choose that team. I know I wouldn't. I don't need a parent deciding my kids future with a team especially if the parent has something against your kid for whatever reason or his son doesn't like your son. There's a little bit of a conflict don't you think. Keep the parents out of it. If an organization can't do the evaluations on their own then they should not have a team. Get all the coaches from all the teams in the organization to do the evaluations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn't agree with you more when you say keep the kids out of it. The real problem for the most part comes down to the parents. If we let our kids just play and enjoy watching them then we should be happy. Parents think they run the organization and feel like they need to give their evaluations is nonsense. They mislead the parents when they do stuff like that. Parents think the coach is the one making decisions but in reality the parent who thinks he's a big part of the team makes decision. I bet if parents knew that was the case they would not choose that team. I know I wouldn't. I don't need a parent deciding my kids future with a team especially if the parent has something against your kid for whatever reason or his son doesn't like your son. There's a little bit of a conflict don't you think. Keep the parents out of it. If an organization can't do the evaluations on their own then they should not have a team. Get all the coaches from all the teams in the organization to do the evaluations.

These points can be brought about by almost every team out there. nothing is perfect but it is not a conspiracy. if you don't like what you see then go somewhere else. I am tired of ppl using the selection process as the problem, it has been around since the very first youth travel team and will continue to be the same in the future. if you like start your own team and oh wait- then you will become one of those programs also. it is a no win situation. [lacrosse] all you want but this is the lay of the land and it will not change. remember there are teams that pick kids because they are going to catholic school or they are attending a certain public high school or because the father has coached and helped the program since his son was in 3rd grade. Talk to your town program and play with them, but then you still hear the same B.S from parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you talking about? No parent that isn't a coach or owner has that kind of "pull". I wished parents could stay out of it also, but unfortunately with these lofty prices I see it an impossibility. Please clarify are talking about a parent actually having "pull" or voicing their concerns. At times I am glad the parents speak up, do your expect people to stay quiet when they pay upwards of 2k when they do not like what is happening. Why wouldnt parents speak up.

What team are you talking about that a parent had "behind the scenes" control. Manipulating the parents. (That is how I understood your post... Is that how you meant it). I'd bet if you thought that way another parent would completely disagree. Do you know this for fact or just conjecture. Every story has more than two sides.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are you going to give it up, despite your accusations we did pretty well last summer without your son who I will admit was a good player. Did you ever think that the reason he didn't make team was because of a disruptive parent? Orange has parent coaches and how has that worked out?

What are you talking about? No parent that isn't a coach or owner has that kind of "pull". I wished parents could stay out of it also, but unfortunately with these lofty prices I see it an impossibility. Please clarify are talking about a parent actually having "pull" or voicing their concerns. At times I am glad the parents speak up, do your expect people to stay quiet when they pay upwards of 2k when they do not like what is happening. Why wouldnt parents speak up.

What team are you talking about that a parent had "behind the scenes" control. Manipulating the parents. (That is how I understood your post... Is that how you meant it). I'd bet if you thought that way another parent would completely disagree. Do you know this for fact or just conjecture. Every story has more than two sides.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The puppet master doesn't just control a team, they control the government. I think they orchestrated the fake moon landing to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't forget the JFK shooting. It was the lax dad in the depository

User
User
I would recommend that ALL parents pay attention to what's going on with your sons team. The directors are all about winning and politics. If you snooze you may lose so if there is something that doesn't seem kosher...talk to the coach and director. Don't wait for your kid to get cut or ride the bench.
The power is in the consumers pocket and not these clubs inflated egos. Pay attention and stay involved.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is fact. Don't want to mention the team cause that's not me as a person. Made it out to be something good then it turns out to be something different. Walks around like he owns the organization. If I would have known that I would not have been on that team. That was something I wanted to get awsy from. But it's the truth. I was blind to it until I had a talk with him personally. Stuff like this is not what I'm trying to build here. What would you take from that comment?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is fact. Don't want to mention the team cause that's not me as a person. Made it out to be something good then it turns out to be something different. Walks around like he owns the organization. If I would have known that I would not have been on that team. That was something I wanted to get awsy from. But it's the truth. I was blind to it until I had a talk with him personally. Stuff like this is not what I'm trying to build here. What would you take from that comment?

Well atleast you know now and will not have to go Back. Did u find another team for your son

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like that stuff being referred to is something that the organization doesn't want a part of or to be a part of. What's the take on that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First you try to disparage the parent by saying they think they run the organization, then you say he made all the decisions. Which is it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does this really apply to multiple teams... sure sounds like it. Not entirely sure how to take that comment. Put down the Ginny granade wide mouth and go to bed, sleep it off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not for nothing sometimes the wrong player gets cut and the wrong player is kept its an imperfect process and mistakes are made, but teams try to do their best because they won't last otherwise. The sad thing is my son played for a team that tried to do the right thing by keeping the kids together, unfortunately some parents felt that their players were being held back and left the program. Cest le vie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When a coach and director reclass his kid wow what does that say ?!?!?!?!

Page 8 of 47 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard