BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 67 of 128 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Other teams were invited but declined, even teams from Maryland.

Yes, Denver - let's follow the thread please. Everyone is saying that "the competition was lacking", which is easy to say when you weren't there. It's exactly what you'd expect a sore loser to say. If your team was invited, but declined, let's see the proof. Either way, Team 91 would have destroyed your team also, if you had even made it past the others.

For a "World Championship" made up of elite teams there certainly were a lot of lopsided games - 10, 20, 30 goals! Crush could have stayed on Long Island and had better competition.

Not a knock on any of those teams - the kids were treated like stars and that's what they'll remember.

But all this is just a distraction, let's stay on topic - without your holdbacks, you got Crushed by a team that you just barely beat when you had holdbacks (5-6?) three weeks prior. That's a fact not subject to debate.

Have a nice weekend.

And once again, if your team beat Crush, keep talking and let us know when and where (almost doesn't count, btw). If they haven't (and I'm positive they can't - they are by far the best team in the country), save your breath. It's hilarious to hear from teams who wouldn't even have made it to the Final, let alone not get destroyed.

Nobody is talking about how their team would have done better against Crush, we are just pointing out that you beat them (barely) with a bunch of holdbacks and then got demolished 19-8 when you had to field a team of on-age kids.

You had a great season, only losing two games - but both of those losses came when you could not use your holdbacks - 2020s and the ones you bring down from 2019 for special occasions.

Just goes to show how much of a difference holdbacks make.

Crab Victory = *

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw the crabs 2020 roster and there's a kid that has been Held back at least 2 years

Wow is this true

Yes, good old boys network.

Three of the 2020 boys this year were on the 2019 roster last year and also had pre-1st years with private school. Some of the 2020 were already not age appropriate before these three additions and who knows about the rest of the new additions to the team - potentially holdbacks from other clubs. Stronger, faster, OLDER.

Every player suspect, every win tainted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Just saw the crabs 2020 roster and there's a kid that has been Held back at least 2 years

Wow is this true

Three of the 2020 boys this year were on the 2019 roster last year and also had pre-1st years with private school. Some of the 2020 were already not age appropriate before these three additions and who knows about the rest of the new additions to the team - potentially holdbacks from other clubs. Stronger, faster, OLDER.

Said the dad who's kid got cut

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't hate us cuz you ain't us

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Just saw the crabs 2020 roster and there's a kid that has been Held back at least 2 years

Wow is this true

Says the dad of the kid that needs to play down. Tainted wins for sure! In the end there will be just as many kids playing college ball that didn't have to play down to get a spot. Those are the ones people respect and don't snicker about. Keep living in your dream and through your kid. Real talent plays up!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And no honeypotting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's how they roll

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep.....cheatin and repeatin

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's call them 2020/19/18....just to be fair!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow is this true

Says the dad of the kid that needs to play down. Tainted wins for sure! In the end there will be just as many kids playing college ball that didn't have to play down to get a spot. Those are the ones people respect and don't snicker about. Keep living in your dream and through your kid. Real talent plays up!

Of course there will be just as many kids playing college ball - NJIT and VMI always need players too...LOL

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The crabs page is The Whiners vs. Douchers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course there will be just as many kids playing college ball - NJIT and VMI always need players too...LOL

I agree that the "reclass mob" is going overboard, but your post is despicable. Anyone who goes to a college they want to attend - regardless if they play lacrosse - should be congratulated. Denigrating NJIT, VMI or any lacrosse school is pathetic. Especially VMI, who has kids are going to be serving our country, you jerk.

If you had any guts, you would apologize, but I'm sure you won't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs don't apologize, we win!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs don't apologize, we win!!!!!

and serve the country! over half of the 2019 team are weekend warriors...military reserve!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree that the "reclass mob" is going overboard, but your post is despicable. Anyone who goes to a college they want to attend - regardless if they play lacrosse - should be congratulated. Denigrating NJIT, VMI or any lacrosse school is pathetic. Especially VMI, who has kids are going to be serving our country, you jerk.

It's rather amusing that people on this forum can disparage and insult clubs, people, etc. all day every day in the worst way possibly, and everyone laughs along, then when someone mentions two of the worst D1 lacrosse programs in the nation in a joking post it strikes a nerve and people call for blood. Mind you, no one said the academics of those schools are poor, or that no one should attend the schools, but the fact is that they are not good at lacrosse - that is the point I believe you missed. Not an opinion, it's backed up by their records and level of play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's rather amusing that people on this forum can disparage and insult clubs, people, etc. all day every day in the worst way possibly, and everyone laughs along, then when someone mentions two of the worst D1 lacrosse programs in the nation in a joking post it strikes a nerve and people call for blood. Mind you, no one said the academics of those schools are poor, or that no one should attend the schools, but the fact is that they are not good at lacrosse - that is the point I believe you missed. Not an opinion, it's backed up by their records and level of play.

It's also rather amusing that anyone believes that most of the [lacrosse] posts from "Crabs Parents" are not actually from a Crabs parent. Trolls

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's also rather amusing that anyone believes that most of the [lacrosse] posts from "Crabs Parents" are not actually from a Crabs parent. Trolls[/quote]

This post makes no sense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's also rather amusing that anyone believes that most of the [lacrosse] posts from "Crabs Parents" are not actually from a Crabs parent. Trolls

This post makes no sense
[/quote]

I'm referring to the "The Hate Us cuz they ain't us" etc posts. No way those are actually from Crabs parents. Just people stirring the pot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will be interesting to see how many reclassified players the Crabs 2020 team will have on the roster. Clearly they will be stocked with kids whose parents find it necessary to hold their kids back in order to best younger kids. Such a sad and pathetic way to ruin youth lacrosse.

If you ain't cheatin you ain't trying

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Will be interesting to see how many reclassified players the Crabs 2020 team will have on the roster. Clearly they will be stocked with kids whose parents find it necessary to hold their kids back in order to best younger kids. Such a sad and pathetic way to ruin youth lacrosse.

And let the crying begin. And a one and a two WAHHH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Will be interesting to see how many reclassified players the Crabs 2020 team will have on the roster. Clearly they will be stocked with kids whose parents find it necessary to hold their kids back in order to best younger kids. Such a sad and pathetic way to ruin youth lacrosse.

You could try Chess. Watch out for the Russian holdbacks though...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will be interesting to see how many reclassified players the Crabs 2020 team will have on the roster. Clearly they will be stocked with kids whose parents find it necessary to hold their kids back in order to best younger kids. Such a sad and pathetic way to ruin youth lacrosse.

2 repeating 8th grade this year. That might be a record low.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe the massive amount of kids being heldback in kindergarten ( pre;First) is starting yo take its toll,,,,Even the repeating Eight grade parents are finding out it is to late...They should have held them back in kindergarten... What a disgrace MD youth club lacrosse is becoming...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plus the other 6

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 repeating 8th grade - probably more like 5 in addition to holdbacks already on the team. Pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I asked my kid to repeat 8th grade he would think I was stupid. LOL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If I asked my kid to repeat 8th grade he would think I was stupid. LOL.

Well that's a brilliant comment...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If I asked my kid to repeat 8th grade he would think I was stupid. LOL.

Well that's a brilliant comment...

I agree. My kid has a 4.0 gpa and would think I am totally stupid for repeat a grade for the benefit of sports. No money in Lax, even pro lax. You do not need to be a great Lax player to start a club and fleece stupid parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then there's Major League Lacrosse, where rookies make about $7,000. The average for all players falls somewhere between $10,000 and $20,000. That is what some of the parents pay for club. LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then there's Major League Lacrosse, where rookies make about $7,000. The average for all players falls somewhere between $10,000 and $20,000. That is what some of the parents pay for club. LOL

If you're doing it for financial reasons - such as a college athletic scholarship or a career in lacrosse in the MLL - you're going to be sorely disappointed. Considering that the average D1 school, if fully funded, has 12 full scholarships to divide among the players (and not evenly - not even close), you'll be luck to get book money. That said, I don't think that is why most folks are in lacrosse - it makes our boys into stronger, better, healthier, smarter men and it may be the extra edge you need to get into the school you want to attend. Academics always have to come first - unlike football, basketball, etc., there aren't many free rides in lax, and they don't really "work with you" on grades either, that's just the simple truth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you're doing it for financial reasons - such as a college athletic scholarship or a career in lacrosse in the MLL - you're going to be sorely disappointed. Considering that the average D1 school, if fully funded, has 12 full scholarships to divide among the players (and not evenly - not even close), you'll be luck to get book money. That said, I don't think that is why most folks are in lacrosse - it makes our boys into stronger, better, healthier, smarter men and it may be the extra edge you need to get into the school you want to attend. Academics always have to come first - unlike football, basketball, etc., there aren't many free rides in lax, and they don't really "work with you" on grades either, that's just the simple truth.

Crabs started the whole 'reclass' thing. Plain and simple. I'd ask the parents of the original Crabs that did it why, and how did it pan out in the long run? Obviously it keeps tickling down year after year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great point. Crabs parents, leadership, supporters, etc can deflect all they want. Truth is the created this mess and just insult people when called out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you're not the best, I guess the only thing you can do is take shots at the best.

Madlax, btw, actually has more holdbacks than the Crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sad that lax has degraded into which team has the most cheaters. What will you all do when everyone is a cheater? Guess that will eliminate the advantage. Only ones laughing to the bank are the private schools collecting tuition. Dad that there is not more integrity!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was crabs 2020 record last fall and spring/summer against FCA, Breakers, Looney's and Hawks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you're not the best, I guess the only thing you can do is take shots at the best.

Madlax, btw, actually has more holdbacks than the Crabs.

Please what year are you referring to sir? I can give you the answer for most years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are a CRABS parent of an uncommitted player, you have to be anything but thrilled with the recruiting tournaments your son is in this fall. The Famous Autumn Classic. Really, the Famous Autumn Classic. Famous for being a terrible tournament even for the youth teams. This is the same weekend that all the other respected clubs will be in Philly or at the BIG 12 in MD. If you don't think it is a joke, check out this first rate line-up;

CONFIRMED PROGRAMS FOR 2015:

2017 - Crabs, VLC, API Select, EDGE, Breakers

2018 - Crabs, VLC, Elev8, EDGE, Breakers

2019 - Carolina Cannons, Crabs, VLC, Elev8, Elevation, Breakers

So why would this happen....oh wait, this is a CRABS run tournament. I guess CRABS play in the best tournaments if they don't hav etheir own 3rd rate tournament going on. What a shame. Freshman and sophomore CRABS parents, better ask for advice from older CRABS parents on how to navigate the recruiting game, because it seems that CRABS have changed from quality to the hunt for $$$ and so-so competition. GOOD luck! But hey, if this doesn't get it I am sure the Towson tournament will work out for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If you are a CRABS parent of an uncommitted player, you have to be anything but thrilled with the recruiting tournaments your son is in this fall. The Famous Autumn Classic. Really, the Famous Autumn Classic. Famous for being a terrible tournament even for the youth teams. This is the same weekend that all the other respected clubs will be in Philly or at the BIG 12 in MD. If you don't think it is a joke, check out this first rate line-up;

CONFIRMED PROGRAMS FOR 2015:

2017 - Crabs, VLC, API Select, EDGE, Breakers

2018 - Crabs, VLC, Elev8, EDGE, Breakers

2019 - Carolina Cannons, Crabs, VLC, Elev8, Elevation, Breakers

So why would this happen....oh wait, this is a CRABS run tournament. I guess CRABS play in the best tournaments if they don't hav etheir own 3rd rate tournament going on. What a shame. Freshman and sophomore CRABS parents, better ask for advice from older CRABS parents on how to navigate the recruiting game, because it seems that CRABS have changed from quality to the hunt for $$$ and so-so competition. GOOD luck! But hey, if this doesn't get it I am sure the Towson tournament will work out for you.

The NLF is a year removed from taking over. Look at the recruiting event the NLF just announced in conjunction with IMG in Florida in January. The NLF, NXT and 3d will control youth lacrosse entirely very soon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, the NLF has an event scheduled for January and I am sure that the CRABS parents really want to hear that they should spend another $1000 in expenses to send their son to that event in part because they played crappy fall tournaments. Great advice.

And to say that NXT, 3D and NLF will control youth lacrosse is a far fetched thought. I guess the great events that Adrenaline, Maverick, University of Maryland and others will up and vanish. Will they have more events than the rest, maybe but they will not control youth lacrosse.

People, to include CRABS parents spend enough money on club lacrosse as it is that spending even more because their club did a terrible job with their tournament circuit is ridiculous. I bet the LI parents would call BS on the Fall Autumn Classic and wouldn't show - CRABS parents need to adopt some of that machismo and tell RM to shove his fall tournament schedule and demand a better line-up. Especially for the 2018 and 2019 classes.

Like Reply Quote
Page 67 of 128 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard