BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 66 of 128 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I know this doesn't pertain to lacrosse, but trying to lighten the mood a little. I would imagine a lot of these puffy chested crabbydaddie's, due to their proximity to the charm city, are raven fans. If this is the case, could I get your opinion on the Tom Brady situation please.

Cheating [lacrosse]. Tom Brady is like 38. Totally unfair of him to playing down with kids in their 20s

This is hands-down the best post on this 174 page thread!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was a perfect laugh to get my Friday rolling!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what? It's a graduation year based system last I checked. Do you go on FCAs thread and rant about their holdbacks?

The so what is that no one thinks that the Crabs or any other team/ club is as good as they say they are because they can only do it with kids playing down a notch. It taints the wins, mocks the victories. If any team or club is as good as they say they are, has as good of coaching, is confident in their true on age players that belong in the grade, they wouldn't need to have kids playing down. Is there really glory in beating other teams when you know you can't do it in your own year or without these kids? Seems like a desperate business move to stay relevant. If the Crabs or any other teams are so strong- do it with their true age and don't stack your kids so you play down even if grade based. Might not be breaking any rules, but call a spade a spade, you will win because you play younger teams. Your kids that play down could never play hockey, they'd be laughed at for their mind set. #wherestheglory?

You're whole argument is ridiculous. Let's say for a second that the rules changed and it went to a single year age based system. And every club had to follow these same rules.

Do you really think that Crabs would struggle? Or would they just get the best kids at that age, the same way the get the best kids in each grade. Don't let the fact that Crabs has holdbacks now skew your view into thinking they are doing it because that is the only way they can compete. They have those kids because those kids want to play for Crabs. If those kids wanted to play for other clubs, they would take them too.

Nobody is saying that they would struggle, they would just be a very good club among several others. Their tremendous success is due primarily to their systematic use and encouragement of holdbacks to gain a competitive advantage. To say "we'd be just as good without holdbacks" is simply not true, the record shows that.

That's my point. What record shows that? If you took the holdbacks off crabs, they would be replaced by top players for that age that are on other teams right now. You cant say, "Look what happened when they played without their holdbacks". You are looking at it in a vacuum. Like I said, if they started fresh with new rules, they would still have the best players. They always did before all the holdbacks started.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The on age crabs lost to Edge 10-5 in their tune up for Denver at the NSCLA tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not going to debate about what might happen in a different reality. All we know is what did happen,without holdbacks you lost.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not going to debate about what might happen in a different reality. All we know is what did happen,without holdbacks you lost.

And what we also know is, Crabs were there, went undefeated beating everyone handily to go to the Championship game, and you watched it on TV. So there you go. And before you waste your time saying "but we could have blah blah blah", the fact is the Crabs were the only team there from MD. I'm sure you'll say that they shouldn't have been, but they were and you weren't, simple fact. Pats probably shouldn't have been in the Superbowl either, but they're the only ones shining their rings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And what we also know is, Crabs were there, went undefeated beating everyone handily to go to the Championship game, and you watched it on TV. So there you go. And before you waste your time saying "but we could have blah blah blah", the fact is the Crabs were the only team there from MD. I'm sure you'll say that they shouldn't have been, but they were and you weren't, simple fact. Pats probably shouldn't have been in the Superbowl either, but they're the only ones shining their rings.

There was no competition at that tournament, beating the field handily is no big achievement. Did not mind missing the trip, best competition was at young guns. Rain does not matter when everyone plays in the same conditions - level playing field - but what would a Crab know about that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am curious how many haters are on teams that would have done better in Denver than the Crabs - other than Looneys who have proof. It was fun for the boys and they should not be ashamed of their performance. Once Crush was competing against HS teams with similar domination, it should shut the haters up - but Taylor Swift is right!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But you do debate it. Over and over again. Crabs have holdbacks, blah blah blah. No kidding. So do most teams. If there were no holdbacks they would still be the best if no one else did either. I understand you like to hate on Crabs. People hate the Yankees, Patriots, etc. It just comes off as petty and people just assume your kid got cut by Crabs.

BTW, my son is on Crabs and is on age for his grade so don't start with I have to let my kid play down nonsense since that is always the next shot to be fired.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When playing CRABS...should be noted who you are playing..Crabs or Crabs PLUS

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But you do debate it. Over and over again. Crabs have holdbacks, blah blah blah. No kidding. So do most teams. If there were no holdbacks they would still be the best if no one else did either. I understand you like to hate on Crabs. People hate the Yankees, Patriots, etc. It just comes off as petty and people just assume your kid got cut by Crabs.

BTW, my son is on Crabs and is on age for his grade so don't start with I have to let my kid play down nonsense since that is always the next shot to be fired.

"If there were no holdbacks they would still be the best..." - your record indicates otherwise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There was no competition at that tournament, beating the field handily is no big achievement. Did not mind missing the trip, best competition was at young guns. Rain does not matter when everyone plays in the same conditions - level playing field - but what would a Crab know about that?

You can literally script what people are going to say on this forum - even though the response are written by different people, it's like they all share one brain. It's so funny that the OP says "I know you're going to say they don't belong there" and "the teams there weren't any good", and then the next poster says "there was no competition at that tournament" and "didn't mind missing that trip". You're completely full of it - had you been asked to go, you would have broken your legs running to the plane. Please just stop, it's so embarrassing to be SUCH sore losers - you're making everyone here who isn't a Crab look like an idiot!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Not going to debate it, but I will" LMAO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When playing CRABS...should be noted who you are playing..Crabs or Crabs PLUS

Now thats funny!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can literally script what people are going to say on this forum - even though the response are written by different people, it's like they all share one brain. It's so funny that the OP says "I know you're going to say they don't belong there" and "the teams there weren't any good", and then the next poster says "there was no competition at that tournament" and "didn't mind missing that trip". You're completely full of it - had you been asked to go, you would have broken your legs running to the plane. Please just stop, it's so embarrassing to be SUCH sore losers - you're making everyone here who isn't a Crab look like an idiot!!

Don't know what you mean by "they don't belong there" - Denver? I don't think anyone cares that you went to Denver. It looks like it was a fun trip and I'm sure the boys had a great time, but the competition was lacking. And as we've said, we all enjoyed watching you get embarrassed.

Other teams were invited but declined, even teams from Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't know what you mean by "they don't belong there" - Denver? I don't think anyone cares that you went to Denver. It looks like it was a fun trip and I'm sure the boys had a great time, but the competition was lacking. And as we've said, we all enjoyed watching you get embarrassed.

Yes, Denver - let's follow the thread please. Everyone is saying that "the competition was lacking", which is easy to say when you weren't there. It's exactly what you'd expect a sore loser to say. If your team was invited, but declined, let's see the proof. Either way, Team 91 would have destroyed your team also, if you had even made it past the others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good thing you went out of town...the Canadian team that spanked you was in Baltimore!!! HEHEHEHHEHEHHE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You dads are really weird. All of you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, Denver - let's follow the thread please. Everyone is saying that "the competition was lacking", which is easy to say when you weren't there. It's exactly what you'd expect a sore loser to say. If your team was invited, but declined, let's see the proof. Either way, Team 91 would have destroyed your team also, if you had even made it past the others.

Everyone sees right thru these goofballs. We all know Crush was the 1st team to accept an invite and scared off most of the other AA teams for one reason or another. Kind of pathetic if you ask me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good thing you went out of town...the Canadian team that spanked you was in Baltimore!!! HEHEHEHHEHEHHE

Funny!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For a "World Championship" made up of elite teams there certainly were a lot of lopsided games - 10, 20, 30 goals! Crush could have stayed on Long Island and had better competition.

Not a knock on any of those teams - the kids were treated like stars and that's what they'll remember.

But all this is just a distraction, let's stay on topic - without your holdbacks, you got Crushed by a team that you just barely beat when you had holdbacks (5-6?) three weeks prior. That's a fact not subject to debate.

Have a nice weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw the crabs 2020 roster and there's a kid that has been Held back at least 2 years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw the crabs 2020 roster and there's a kid that has been Held back at least 2 years

Wow is this true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys need a new hobby.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow is this true

Of course it is, right or wrong, what ever anyone thinks that's what the Crabs do period.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow is this true

Dont know about that kid...But do know many others and they are loaded with holdbacks in 2020 and 2021 ..They will be some difficult teams to beat

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow is this true

Yes, good old boys network.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow is this true

Yes, a year of pre-k and a holdback year later on. Some of these kids are almost 20 when they graduate high school. Your 13-14 year old 2020 will be playing against kids who have their learner's permits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a lot of fun for this dad of a 13 year old 2020 whose son didn't make a club team this year. Not Crabs, but in DC area this has viraled out. He was the only on age kid who tried out for his club, which pulled in several kids from Crabs and other who frankly were just materially older and more developed so they were better. This sport needs a new look. My son will just play rec and that is fine, but the sport has just gone too far with this inequity. It is disgraceful to celebrate that and assert that is just the way to go or get left out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a lot of fun for this dad of a 13 year old 2020 whose son didn't make a club team this year. Not Crabs, but in DC area this has viraled out. He was the only on age kid who tried out for his club, which pulled in several kids from Crabs and other who frankly were just materially older and more developed so they were better.

I call BS. Even if it was a tiny tryout of 20 kids, you know for a fact that every single kid was "over age". And if it is a 2020 team, it is the grade, not the birth year.

What was the club? There is no club in DC where every tryout kid was a reclass. Come on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow is this true

Dont know about that kid...But do know many others and they are loaded with holdbacks in 2020 and 2021 ..They will be some difficult teams to beat

But everyone knows the deal now and the legitimate teams know an asterisk goes along with every Crabs win. Their opponents have no respect for the Crabs players -even the few on age kids- all are tainted because they knowingly play on a team that manipulates the rules for their own gain. Talented or not, it is lost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow is this true

Yes, good old boys network.

Three of the 2020 boys this year were on the 2019 roster last year and also had pre-1st years with private school. Some of the 2020 were already not age appropriate before these three additions and who knows about the rest of the new additions to the team - potentially holdbacks from other clubs. Stronger, faster, OLDER.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Just saw the crabs 2020 roster and there's a kid that has been Held back at least 2 years

Wow is this true

Yes, a year of pre-k and a holdback year later on. Some of these kids are almost 20 when they graduate high school. Your 13-14 year old 2020 will be playing against kids who have their learner's permits.

Yes and he smokes and drinks beer right on the field. I saw him ride a dirt bike onto Turf at BL and do doughnuts. Appalling

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For a "World Championship" made up of elite teams there certainly were a lot of lopsided games - 10, 20, 30 goals! Crush could have stayed on Long Island and had better competition.

Not a knock on any of those teams - the kids were treated like stars and that's what they'll remember.

But all this is just a distraction, let's stay on topic - without your holdbacks, you got Crushed by a team that you just barely beat when you had holdbacks (5-6?) three weeks prior. That's a fact not subject to debate.

Have a nice weekend.

And once again, if your team beat Crush, keep talking and let us know when and where (almost doesn't count, btw). If they haven't (and I'm positive they can't - they are by far the best team in the country), save your breath. It's hilarious to hear from teams who wouldn't even have made it to the Final, let alone not get destroyed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What posters here would consider clubs in the DMV where that never happens, maybe you're just misinformed. Most of the kids in Montgomery County in private middle schools and who focus on sports repeat a middle school grade. Nearly all of them. It does cross contaminate for kids who are 13 year old 8th graders whose parents won't or can't do the "Mater Delay" strategy as it is called at one private school celebrated for this strategy. Go read up on the article about the Mater Dei basketball player who scored on a dunk in their first game last year. This is in no way a Crabs only issue. Of course, dems da rules though...grade based teams at the youth levels. Grade based teams are best for school teams. It just invited the worst out of club lacrosse and bringing the worst out of lacrosse is always the easy thing to get done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think you can fault the clubs for putting together the best team they can. When kids are older, they are generally gonna be better at the middle school level because of the rapid physical development at that age. It's the parents of the holdback kids. I don't see the value of it for the kid, the system, or the parents, but that is the landscape. I'm sure club coaches factor that in when they choose knowing that the younger player who is even with the older one in 7/8th grade will probably be better in a year or two when the age advantage goes away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a lot of fun for this dad of a 13 year old 2020 whose son didn't make a club team this year. Not Crabs, but in DC area this has viraled out. He was the only on age kid who tried out for his club, which pulled in several kids from Crabs and other who frankly were just materially older and more developed so they were better. This sport needs a new look. My son will just play rec and that is fine, but the sport has just gone too far with this inequity. It is disgraceful to celebrate that and assert that is just the way to go or get left out.

If Little Johnny couldn't make one of the 45 clubs available in the DMV, then I think Little Johnny has an ability issue, not an age issue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What posters here would consider clubs in the DMV where that never happens, maybe you're just misinformed. Most of the kids in Montgomery County in private middle schools and who focus on sports repeat a middle school grade. Nearly all of them. It does cross contaminate for kids who are 13 year old 8th graders whose parents won't or can't do the "Mater Delay" strategy as it is called at one private school celebrated for this strategy. Go read up on the article about the Mater Dei basketball player who scored on a dunk in their first game last year. This is in no way a Crabs only issue. Of course, dems da rules though...grade based teams at the youth levels. Grade based teams are best for school teams. It just invited the worst out of club lacrosse and bringing the worst out of lacrosse is always the easy thing to get done.

Are more and more kids reclassifying? Yes? Is Mater Dei famous for making/allowing kids to reclassify? Yes.

Is "nearly all of them" accurate in terms of private school Montgomery County kids who reclassify? No. Not even close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If Little Johnny couldn't make one of the 45 clubs available in the DMV, then I think Little Johnny has an ability issue, not an age issue.

There are lots of clubs that did not meet their numbers and are still looking for kids. They are not the best teams, but the kids still learn a lot and have a good time in the single A, B or C divisions. If your son really wants to play, post what age group he is in and position and I'm sure some of the coaches will respond to it in this forum to set up an evaluation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have a nice weekend.

For a tournament to have the "best" competition, it must be held in Baltimore or Philadelphia. A large percentage of the best teams will not fly to every tournament that self proclaims itself to be the "world championship". In my opinion, Young Guns is as close to the world championship as you are going to get.

Like Reply Quote
Page 66 of 128 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard