BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,830
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 50 of 327 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
But which coach's name is associated with the so-called "real" blue YJ team? That's what I'm asking because I'm too lazy to go sort through the Lax Inception results.

Here we are only one tournament into the season and already the blue, old blue, real blue thing is a messy issue. Any YJ blue team getting beat is bad for the brand. This re-labling of all the teams was a horrible idea!

So agree!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2017 Bertolone is the "top" YJ team in 2017..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But which coach's name is associated with the so-called "real" blue YJ team? That's what I'm asking because I'm too lazy to go sort through the Lax Inception results.

Here we are only one tournament into the season and already the blue, old blue, real blue thing is a messy issue. Any YJ blue team getting beat is bad for the brand. This re-labling of all the teams was a horrible idea!

What a horrible idea!!! Glad your confused and miserable because I am sure CR and the college coaches don't give a rats [lacrosse] what you think. I bet CR phone was on fire today for her kids!!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
the yj 2015 blue A team had lost to m&d 2015 black who went on to win the entire tournament. the 2015 m&d black did not play Topguns. the topguns lost to skywalkers who did not play the Yj 2015 blue A team.
BOTC will post the 2015 final results (bracket play and extended play) in our next posts.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cagesage,

SInce I see you have the 2015 standings, is there a website to go to for all the scores and standings? Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Cagesage,

SInce I see you have the 2015 standings, is there a website to go to for all the scores and standings? Thanks.

LaxInception.com. Look at the schedules and you'll find the results.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a horrible idea!!! Glad your confused and miserable because I am sure CR and the college coaches don't give a rats [lacrosse] what you think. I bet CR phone was on fire today for her kids!!!

Its great for the old gold kids, not so much for old blue kids. Good for the rest of the rainbow? Maybe.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Its great for the old gold kids, not so much for old blue kids. Good for the rest of the rainbow? Maybe.

Why is that? Did old gold become new blue?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

why is there a call for girls lacrosse goons , 7 yellow cards in 1 game, 5 in the first half, good thing Florida started a program now the'll have a college to play for

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cagesage,

LaxInception.com. Look at the schedules and you'll find the results.

Thank you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is that? Did old gold become new blue?

Each age group now has multiple blue teams. Many of the golds became "Blue". All the other colors disappeared or became gold and according to posters here, CR could give a crap because college coaches love this new system???? Now all the former blue teams need to distinguish themselves with the term original blue, true blue or whatever, which just leads to hard feelings between teams. 75% of the club must be happy with this move as it paints them in a better shade, it's the "true" blue getting shafted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At one time I have had my share of issues with how the YJ's were run. Didn't like them at all. All of that changed this weekend. A teammate of my daughter's was not getting recruited at all. She went to MD and had a great tournament. She is getting recruited now. I'm glad her YJ experience is working for her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The YJ kids will be recruited no matter what CR calls them. Your foolish to believe the college coaches really care what she names the teams. They are a proven club that has quality players on all the teams. This is evident by their 2013 list already posted. Most clubs are still worried about getting their 2013 class done. The majority of YJ kids are relaxing playing for fun in that class. You watch their 2014 list will grow fast and furious soon and you will soon forget what team name or color they were from. Oh and the wins and losses don't matter either recruiters are not tallying the score just looking for kids that fit their mold.

The YJ have been doing a great job with the recruiting aspect of there program. There won't be any drop off because of team color and names actually it may grow!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The YJ kids will be recruited no matter what CR calls them. Your foolish to believe the college coaches really care what she names the teams. They are a proven club that has quality players on all the teams. This is evident by their 2013 list already posted. Most clubs are still worried about getting their 2013 class done. The majority of YJ kids are relaxing playing for fun in that class. You watch their 2014 list will grow fast and furious soon and you will soon forget what team name or color they were from. Oh and the wins and losses don't matter either recruiters are not tallying the score just looking for kids that fit their mold.

The YJ have been doing a great job with the recruiting aspect of there program. There won't be any drop off because of team color and names actually it may grow!

So college coaches won't ask "which team is the kid on, A, B, C, or D"? Not sure about that.

if Carol determined that the kid did not deserve to be on her "premier team", you don't think a coach wants to know that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since when do college coaches recruit entire teams? They recruit a player, game IQ speed and ability. On school teams there maybe 3 or 4 stand outs, at the tournaments you could nearly replace any girl with another and have the same results.

The coaches with the binders at these events have certain kids they are watching, nothing more nothing less.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are wrong. M&D Black 2015 did not win the tournament. Skywalkers Blue 2015 did. Skywalkers beat M&D 6-2. Skywalkers also beat Top Guns 9-8 but did not play YJ Blue 2015 who made it to the semi-finals but lost to M&D Black 3-2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand why everyone always has a problem with the YJ program. My daughter plays for another team and we just lost to them in Maryland. I was complemented by one of the mothers on what great improvement she saw in our team since last year. I know that there are some very aggressive players in the program but, truth is they are they best I have seen. Why does everyone have to argue about this all the time? Lacrosse should be at all levels and available to all kids. Unfortunately, the parents that like to "rub it in your face" ruin it for everyone. If your child got involved in YJ early on, they probably have a high skill level by 7th/8th grade and beyond. Lets face it if your child is good, they will find her. It doesn't matter if they are second string on the bottom YJ team or a star on another. Why can't the parents just back off, let the coaches coach and the kids play. I love my daughter playing lacrosse, she doesn't belong on a YJ team she's happy where she is. So am I. We love our new friends and I love the smile on her face when she goals up. I am not a YJ hater. I have more important things to do with my time. Enjoy your summer smile.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
great post and not a yj parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the 100 year old 2015 blue winning streak come to an end?

yes, they lost in the semi and the team that beat them lost in the finals. The team that beat the YJs "Blue A" won by a goal and that same team also beat Top Guns by one goal. Interesting.

that puts two teams in the tournament ahead of both YJ and TG. It's a battle for 3rd or 4th place.

Do you really think tht because the YJ's lost one game that it somehow makes your TG team better? or makes that YJ team any worse? One thing is for sure, you people are so predictable! I bet you couldn't wait to get to your computer this morning! LOL you are entertaining though! Pathetic!

the non-yjs, are they entertaining or pathetic? make up your mind! grin

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the 100 year old 2015 blue winning streak come to an end?

yes, they lost in the semi and the team that beat them lost in the finals. The team that beat the YJs "Blue A" won by a goal and that same team also beat Top Guns by one goal. Interesting.

that puts two teams in the tournament ahead of both YJ and TG. It's a battle for 3rd or 4th place.

Do you really think tht because the YJ's lost one game that it somehow makes your TG team better? or makes that YJ team any worse? One thing is for sure, you people are so predictable! I bet you couldn't wait to get to your computer this morning! LOL you are entertaining though! Pathetic!

the non-yjs, are they entertaining or pathetic? make up your mind! grin
If you wanted to be honest about the above posts the truth is more like the Yj did the best ,Liberty second, and Top Guns a distant third.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Real blue....aka last years blue is pretty funny!! Both blue teams have players from last years blue and both teams have new players...SO.....real blue technically isn't last years blue. Last time I checked blue is blue. Lets's keep in mind that the most important thing is that the girls get to play and have fun. This is a stressful time for them and who really cares about all of the color nonsense!! If your daughter wants to play then just play and drop the stigma of an A or B team!! Lax parents are ceratianly a unique breed...one which I choose to stay away from!! Don't ruin it for your kids....remember this is their team not yours!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like ESPN HS don't think much LI talent!

Tom's Top 20: Lax Inception
June, 12, 2012 Jun 127:45AM ETBy Tom Peace | ESPN.com Recommend55 Tweet9 Comments1Email Print BEL AIR, Md. -- The summer recruiting circuit is here and to kick it off Lax Inception took place here on June 9-10.

Event organizers invited the top talent from all over the country, ranging from 2013 to 2016 graduating classes, to kickoff the summer.

Coaches from every collegiate level attended the event in hopes to finding the next big star for their programs.

Here is my Top 20 from Day One of Lax Inception.

1. Megan Whittle, 2014, McDonogh (Owings Mills, Md.), attack

Whittle made a goal on a fast break, which she could have made with her eyes closed. Her mechanics are sharp and she has quick feet. The rising junior will be the next big star for coach Chris Robinson and the Eagles.

2. Caroline Federico, 2013, Maryvale Prep (Brooklandville, Md.), goalie

Federico, who had a terrific title game against McDonogh, continues to make great saves in the summer circuit. The rising senior is not just great between the pipes, but she is also a leader.

3. Marissa Davey, 2014, Marriotts Ridge (Marriottsville, Md.), midfield

Davey won some terrific draws and managed to get the ball to nearby teammates consistently. The rising junior is fast and can make plays.

4. Lilly DiNardo, 2014, Worcester Prep (Berlin, Md.), midfield

DiNardo, who does not go to one of the big Maryland high schools, showed she belonged on the field. She has a nice shot and passes and catches the ball with ease on the run.

5. Taylor Hensh, 2014, Marriotts Ridge (Marriottsville, Md.), midfield

Hensh is a fun player to watch. She is constantly moving her feet and getting open. She was also there to help win a few draws for her team.

6. Paige Moriarty, 2014, Glen Ridge (Glen Ridge, N.J.), attack

Moriarty has size and quick feet for her position. The rising junior fed the ball well on several occasions to get scores for her team. She is not a selfish player and has the makings of a leader. Moriarty is also very smart as she posted a 3.76 GPA this year.

7. Erin Sungelo, 2013, Regis Jesuit (Aurora, Colo.), midfield

Sungelo made one of the best goals on the day for her team -- the middie dodged her way to the net for an open shot and fired a laser passed the goalie.

8. Natalie Stefan, 2014, Manhasset (N.Y.), midfield

The Manhasset rising junior does everything she can to get to the goal and make a great shot.

9. Emily Wilcox, 2014, Winters Mill (Westminster, Md.), attack

Wilcox is another attacker with some height and speed. The Winters Mill rising junior dodges well and moves her feet wherever she is on the field. Wilcox is hard to miss because she is always around the ball making plays.

10. Alison Barzyk, 2014, McDonogh (Owings Mills, Md.), attack

The rising junior is fast and drives hard to the cage without any fear to make the score. Barzyk is a fun player to watch and should be a force to be reckoned with in the IAAM.

The Next 10

11. Aria Williams, 2014, Friends School (Baltimore), defense

12. Nicole Hinkle, 2014, North Harford (Fallston, Md.), goalie

13. Amanda Bochniak, 2013, Maryvale Prep (Brooklandville, Md.), attack

14. Meredith Moore, 2013, Loch Raven (Baltimore), attack

15. Sky Hyatt, 2014, Century (Sykesville, Md.),

16. Tara Shurr, 2014, Somers (Somers, N.Y.), midfield

17. Ella Stapp, 2013, Mullen (Denver), midfield

18. Kaeli O’Connor, 2013, Dulaney (Cockeysville, Md.), defense

19. Elizabeth Cusick, 2013, Westfield (Westfield, N.J.), midfield

20. Kaitlyn Rau, 2014, North Rockland (Thiells, N.Y), attack

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Real blue....aka last years blue is pretty funny!! Both blue teams have players from last years blue and both teams have new players...SO.....real blue technically isn't last years blue. Last time I checked blue is blue. Lets's keep in mind that the most important thing is that the girls get to play and have fun. This is a stressful time for them and who really cares about all of the color nonsense!! If your daughter wants to play then just play and drop the stigma of an A or B team!! Lax parents are ceratianly a unique breed...one which I choose to stay away from!! Don't ruin it for your kids....remember this is their team not yours!!!

It would annoy me if I were a kid on last year's blue and now there are two blue teams. That "real blue" team had a streak of many wins and was known as the best in its class. It is unfortunately tainted now because of the confusion. I wonder what the score would be if the real blue played Blue B?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My takeaway from the entire event, scheduling set up, who was there(ESPN) etc.

Obviously the Maryland/Virginia/ area teams got choice game times, for the majority of LI teams, their games were later in the day. A definite disadvantage. The college coach tent was barren for the most part when LI teams were playing, and no the coaches weren't in excess on the sidelines at all when the tents were empty by that point in the day. Check the teams the ESPN list mentions, check their game times. ESPN was long gone by afternoon. I saw many of these games he mentioned, again you can take anyone of these girls from one team and place on another and there is zero difference in quality players.

In fact by Sunday afternoon, only saw one coach on the sidelines. The rest were gone.

We do a huge disservice to our girls by not hosting these events ourselves on LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it's not as black and blue as it seem! lol I pay a lot of money, to she my daughter out on the field with girls that still cant catch and throw , drive me crazy!!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
It would annoy me if I were a kid on last year's blue and now there are two blue teams. That "real blue" team had a streak of many wins and was known as the best in its class. It is unfortunately tainted now because of the confusion. I wonder what the score would be if the real blue played Blue B?
Something to think about : since college coaches are recruiting players and not teams, suggesting that changing to have two blue teams will be a negative due to a "winning streak" makes little sense. What has been tainted? A record that not a college coach in the world will recognize as relevant? As for the two "blue" teams facing off against one another, what difference would it make from a results perspective?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it's not as black and blue as it seem! lol I pay a lot of money, to she my daughter out on the field with girls that still cant catch and throw , drive me crazy!!!

Drives me crazy as well!! How is a second blue team created and the girls can't catch throw shoot save a ball or even play defense. The coach even told the girls after the game they had a lot of work to do on stick skills. I'm sorry but my daughter is on this team and she is one of the few who has had private training attended clinics and knows how to play lacrosse because she is a two year varsity starter. Some of these other girls should be on green or gold 2 whatever they call it now. My daughter is in her recruitment year and when she throws a pass that isn't caught or can't catch a ball because it's thrown to short or far over her head something needs to be done. I almost feel like CR put these players here just to shut their parents up...I never open my mouth but this is crazy. CR needs to reevaluate the blue(2) and Gold teams. I sat and watched two of their games the gold team is by far superior then blue(2). Their offense catches balls and their defense talks and stops the play...even the goalie!! I think I might make a request to go to Gold bc this blue is ridiculous!! It's funny how in the past few years green was better then gold and now hold is better then blue I gues people put $$ in CR pocket for a specific color on their resume!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Something to think about : since college coaches are recruiting players and not teams, suggesting that changing to have two blue teams will be a negative due to a "winning streak" makes little sense. What has been tainted? A record that not a college coach in the world will recognize as relevant? As for the two "blue" teams facing off against one another, what difference would it make from a results perspective?
I know the winning streak means nothing , but what if a recruiter went to watch the wrong blue team because he/she got confused . And lets be honest all the girls play to win. Its the competitive nature they all possess, To say that the girls don't care if they win or lose is a lie. The Y.J got there rep from winning at these events , if another team started beating them then maybe all the girls get less looks because now the recruiter are looking at the team that beat the Y.J. 2015 blue

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I know the winning streak means nothing , but what if a recruiter went to watch the wrong blue team because he/she got confused.
When a student-athlete contacts a coach, you should be providing the game details (competition, field, directions). There should be no problem with a college coach winding up at the right field and that is certainly not dictated exclusively by the team name.

And lets be honest all the girls play to win. Its the competitive nature they all possess, To say that the girls don't care if they win or lose is a lie.
For the very best players with an overwhelming drive to achieve in lacrosse, we would agree with you. For many elite/premier lacrosse players, the win-loss record seems to decrease in importance.

The Y.J got there rep from winning at these events ...
Why should it be any different? Are you suggesting that the current teams (two blues) are mixed to the point where the Yellow Jackets can no longer dominate? If that is true, that would imply more competitive games which might actually help the recruiting process when you think about it. For national events (like the U/15 national tournament), you can expect that the "best of the two blues" will emerge on that team.

... if another team started beating them then maybe all the girls get less looks because now the recruiter are looking at the team that beat the Y.J. 2015 blue
Again, as hard as it is for so many parents to believe, the win-loss record of the team is of little import to a college coach. Certainly, the Yellow Jackets will gain tournament acceptance wherever they choose to attend. As for "looks", coaches scout players, not teams.

For the very last time, put in the most simple terms : if you do NOT know why a college coach is at a particular field watching a showcase game, that coach is not there to see your daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i have to disagree with some of your points sage
1. you said:For the very best players with an overwhelming drive to achieve in lacrosse, we would agree with you. For many elite/premier lacrosse players, the win-loss record seems to decrease in importance:

If I was a coach looking for players and knew a elite/premier player had a decreased importance, i don't think I want that player, I want a player that wants to win always.

2.you said:Why should it be any different? Are you suggesting that the current teams (two blues) are mixed to the point where the Yellow Jackets can no longer dominate? If that is true, that would imply more competitive games which might actually help the recruiting process when you think about it. For national events (like the U/15 national tournament), you can expect that the "best of the two blues" will emerge on that team.

After 3 years of hearing how 2015 Blue dominated the age division as a coach I need to ask why the team was divided was there a chemistry problem or has the other clubs simply "caught up" to that team. As all Y.J. parents boasted, they didn't just win , they won big . So I need to ask myself , Has this team become average? Should I now be looking at club A? Maybe I should look at player B , because maybe Y.J. player B just peeked early and I can find the same thing at another club. and as far as the U 15 goes its not the only tourney, and with you logic does it matter if they win , why not send girls that need more recruiting help so they can be seen on a national level, who cares if they win.

3.And finally you said this ( and I can't believe you really believe this ):For the very last time, put in the most simple terms : if you do NOT know why a college coach is at a particular field watching a showcase game, that coach is not there to see your daughter.

This is far from true , because I know the opposite happened twice at this event. Word had gotten out about 2 different players playing at a very high level and coaches came to watch them completely unsolicited by the player or coaches

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
i have to disagree with some of your points sage
That is fine - you do not have to agree with our points however these statements are based on having placed about three dozen Division I, II, and III players. You can therefore take our advice not. That is your call.

1. you said:For the very best players with an overwhelming drive to achieve in lacrosse, we would agree with you. For many elite/premier lacrosse players, the win-loss record seems to decrease in importance:

If I was a coach looking for players and knew a elite/premier player had a decreased importance, i don't think I want that player, I want a player that wants to win always.
College coaches will evaluate a player on the field in a variety of game situations : under pressure, speed vs. quickness, field vision, leadership potential, versatility,
and skills/results. A college coach will not be interested in the importance of the player to the club team, but instead will be assessing that player in the context of the needs of the coach's college team. Honestly, BOTC just does not understand why so many readers mistakenly believe that a college coach gives a damn about the record of a travel lacrosse team - it has nothing to do with the college team or the coach's ability to retain his or her job.

2.you said:Why should it be any different? Are you suggesting that the current teams (two blues) are mixed to the point where the Yellow Jackets can no longer dominate? If that is true, that would imply more competitive games which might actually help the recruiting process when you think about it. For national events (like the U/15 national tournament), you can expect that the "best of the two blues" will emerge on that team.

After 3 years of hearing how 2015 Blue dominated the age division as a coach I need to ask why the team was divided was there a chemistry problem or has the other clubs simply "caught up" to that team. As all Y.J. parents boasted, they didn't just win , they won big . So I need to ask myself , Has this team become average? Should I now be looking at club A? Maybe I should look at player B , because maybe Y.J. player B just peeked early and I can find the same thing at another club. and as far as the U 15 goes its not the only tourney, and with you logic does it matter if they win , why not send girls that need more recruiting help so they can be seen on a national level, who cares if they win.
College coaches are going to see PLAYERS - they are going to recruit individual PLAYERS that demonstrate an interest in their institution. College coaches are NOT attending tournaments to watch the Yellow Jackets at any level play. BOTC simply has no other way to express this point.

BOTC hopes that your student-athlete will not pay the price for your interpretation of how the recruiting process works. If you think BOTC has it wrong, read some of the literature from Everest Recruiting for a second perspective. If nothing else, BOTC can offer different views.

3.And finally you said this ( and I can't believe you really believe this ):For the very last time, put in the most simple terms : if you do NOT know why a college coach is at a particular field watching a showcase game, that coach is not there to see your daughter.

This is far from true , because I know the opposite happened twice at this event. Word had gotten out about 2 different players playing at a very high level and coaches came to watch them completely unsolicited by the player or coaches
Hundreds and hundreds of players at any given showcase - and you have two examples that offer a counter approach. That's fine and we think that if you believe that is the right process to follow, you should pursue that option for your student-athlete. BOTC/BOTN provide advice of use to the majority of players seeking to showcase, not players that exclusive appear at "a very high level".

Thanks for the counterpoint discussion. We think it is important to air these differing view.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know what training and clinics the other players have had? Further more if a 8th and 9th grader starts on varsity the program is weak.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eastport South Manor suffolk county champs - two 8th graders, three 9th graders, including 9th grade goalie. hardly weak

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
State Champs SWR's goalie is a 9th grader also.

However, I see the point but I think that in the majority of cases, younger kids get moved to Varsity when the district is small. Obviously there are always exceptions, but a kid is far less likely to be moved up in a large district.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know what training and clinics the other players have had? Further more if a 8th and 9th grader starts on varsity the program is weak.

That couldn't be further from the truth. Two of the best goalies on LI are 9th graders! Many of the teams that were in the playoffs from all clases had 8th and 9th graders who were significant contributers! Girls develope before boys it is different!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That couldn't be further from the truth. Two of the best goalies on LI are 9th graders! Many of the teams that were in the playoffs from all clases had 8th and 9th graders who were significant contributers! Girls develope before boys it is different!

In many instances athletes are athletes. All the training in the world plus an unlimited bank account won't turn some into players. With some of the bubble players, training does help keep them competitive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know what the college coach tought about the 17 win streak, but to suggest it was meaningless, I guess it all depends upon who you are. To the parents on the blue, it meant everything. Not associated with the blue team and from that perspective I am glad they lost so we don't have to listen to the bragging anymore. Know how many times that win streak would get brought up? I think I even remember it brought up on this thread. So good, now we don't have to listen about it anymore, it's over!

Like Reply Quote
Page 50 of 327 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard