BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
NCAA Division I Women's Championship : May 27th/May 29th at Stony Brook
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Individual tickets are now on sale for the 2011 NCAA Division I Women's Lacrosse Championship in Kenneth P. LaValle Stadium on Friday, May 27th and Sunday, May 29th. A crowd in excess of 10,000 is expected on each day, so be sure to reserve your seat for a weekend of championship lacrosse for only $20 soon.

For ticket information on how to reserve your seat in Kenneth P. LaValle Stadium for premier Division I lacrosse action, visit us on the web at GoSeawolves.org or call 631-632-WOLF. Get Your RED On and Go Seawolves!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: NCAA Division I Women's Championship : May 27th/May 29th at Stony Brook
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
The following women's teams were accepted to the Division I NCAA Tournament which will see the semi-finals and finals here on Long Island.

#1 Maryland vs. Navy
#8 James Madison vs. Princeton

#5 Duke vs. Penn
#4 Florida vs. Stanford

#3 North Carolina vs. Virginia
#6 Loyola vs. Massachusetts

#7 Albany vs. Dartmouth
#2 Northwestern vs. Boston College

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
This weekend's NCAA Division I Women's Semi-Final matches have now been set.

Maryland (1) vs. Duke (5)
North Carolina (3) vs. Northwestern (2)

All of the quarterfinal matches went to the higher seed except for Duke's upset of Florida (4).

Semifinals will be held at Stony Brook's LaValle Stadium on Friday, May 27th with the finals on Sunday, May 29th.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Northwestern Edges Maryland to Reclaim Crown

STONY BROOK, N.Y. -- Northwestern brought home its sixth NCAA championship in the last seven years Sunday with a gut-wrenching 8-7 victory over top-seeded Maryland and did so with its most complete team effort of the 2011 season. NU shut down the nation's fourth-leading offense, keeping Maryland to two second-half goals, while also coming back from an early 4-1 deficit thanks to four goals by tournament MVP Shannon Smith.

In a back-and-forth first half, Maryland scored four goals in a span of 1:34 but was held in check to the tune of only one goal in the remaining 28:26 of the first 30 minutes as the game went to halftime tied at five. But unlike 2010, NU overwhelmingly controlled the pace of the game in the second half, taking the lead for good at the 15:23 mark and controlling possession for the final quarter of the game.

Northwestern's defensive effort was due in part to the play of freshman Kerri Harrington, who made her first career start and was tasked with shutting down Maryland finalist Sarah Mollison. Mollison saw her streak of 67 consecutive games with a point come to an end in her final college game.

Junior and Long Island native Brianne LoManto was on top of her game in the net, particularly in the second half when she had saves on free positions, breakaways and point-blank Maryland shots. She finished with seven in the game to raise her career total to 316, fourth all-time at NU.

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard