BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 62 of 128 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Crabs are just fine. However, it is troubling that 91 was able to get as many players as they did, especially at the 2020 year. Crabs, Looneys and FCA all have established, successful teams at that age and still 91 was able to pull very good kids in.

They took kids who were leaving the Breakers to be with Millon. They did not get any of the kids from Crabs, FCA or Looney's. Not really that impressive of a haul.

They certainly did get kids from other teams - they fine tuned the core team and picked up other non Breakers talent. Guess it just was not your player. Successful is defined by many as being competitive without cheating or loading a team with holdbacks. Not always about claiming to be # 1 playing with a roster full of older kids.

are you implying that T91MD will not be accepting hold-back kids?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check their season stats.

Playing 2019 B with kids a year to two or older and bigger as a 2020 A team is gutsy. Some 2020 AA teams struggled with the size of the kids included in Summer Sizzle at the B level. Again, check their stats in their own age group - they are a competitive team. Not top 5 but competitive and looking to challenge themselves.

We played them. Our kids thought their kids were entitled rich kids with no class. Their kids cussed in the line shaking hands. I guess that is was 7th graders do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Crabs are just fine. However, it is troubling that 91 was able to get as many players as they did, especially at the 2020 year. Crabs, Looneys and FCA all have established, successful teams at that age and still 91 was able to pull very good kids in.

They took kids who were leaving the Breakers to be with Millon. They did not get any of the kids from Crabs, FCA or Looney's. Not really that impressive of a haul.

This last statement has no basis in fact. Rosters for the two 91 2020 teams are not complete. At this week's tryouts (second round), there were 8 crabs helmets, several FCA helmets, several looneys helmets, and assorted roughriders, koopers and other non-breakers talent. Unless all these kids were just "window-shopping", it is safe to assume that at least the top 91 2020 team will add significantly to the breakers squad that lost to the crabs in OT at the beach. Still a pending development, but the signs point to a very competitive team.

It's window shopping! Looney tryouts has several FCA, crab, and breakers players. The largest number of new helmets coming from rough riders!

What happened at rough riders?

A lot of those players with the different teams helmets are single A players looking to move up Except for the crabs players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Playing 2019 B with kids a year to two or older and bigger as a 2020 A team is gutsy. Some 2020 AA teams struggled with the size of the kids included in Summer Sizzle at the B level. Again, check their stats in their own age group - they are a competitive team. Not top 5 but competitive and looking to challenge themselves.

We played them. Our kids thought their kids were entitled rich kids with no class. Their kids cussed in the line shaking hands. I guess that is was 7th graders do.

They were probably just upset because they were late for Driver's Ed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They're not strong at all - simply average. They're also not entitled rich kids (have you BEEN to Baltimore?) LOL! Although I guess it's all perspective - maybe those camo hats and tank tops the parents wear are pricey when they're not on sale, and it does cost a pretty penny to get your pickup truck custom painted with Breakers colors...hahahaha

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Breakers is from Baltimore county, have you BEEN there? Much money in the area, they just don't invest it in their IROC or gold chains.

They're not strong at all - simply average. They're also not entitled rich kids (have you BEEN to Baltimore?) LOL! Although I guess it's all perspective - maybe those camo hats and tank tops the parents wear are pricey when they're not on sale, and it does cost a pretty penny to get your pickup truck custom painted with Breakers colors...hahahaha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Breakers is from Baltimore county, have you BEEN there? Much money in the area, they just don't invest it in their IROC or gold chains.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are talking Baltimore, more like tinted windows on your Chrysler 300 that is 7 years old. Do not forget about the sweet rims. LOL. No the breakers and all these club teams are filled with private school kids. Mommy and daddy with their escalades and Mercedes and mortgaged up to the hilt. Working poor.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are talking Baltimore, more like tinted windows on your Chrysler 300 that is 7 years old. Do not forget about the sweet rims. LOL. No the breakers and all these club teams are filled with private school kids. Mommy and daddy with their escalades and Mercedes and mortgaged up to the hilt. Working poor.

I think that spray on tan has affected your noggin.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are talking about people you don't even know. The Baltimore teams have mixes of kids from private and public as well as from middle class. You shouldn't judge people by the car they drive or the area in which they live. You have no clue about their lives. It's just ridiculous. Also, just an fyi, most of those private schools have 25-40% of their population receiving aid. I know because my kid is one of them. I hope you aren't passing on your judgemental attitude toward your kid. That would be sad.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone mention that Crabs cheat?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone mention that Crabs cheat?

If you mean that your team cannot beat the Crabs, I guess that is cheating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a joke. No loyalty. Encourage hold backs. Who really cares if you end #1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All sports programs have no loyalty. The best player gets the start. Why should it be otherwise? Whether you like it or not, holdbacks are part of our culture for all sports and if a holdback out-performs a younger kid, they will get the start. The Crabs are good and play within the rules. Stop whining.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The crabs play within the rules? Really? How many 2019 players are now on the 2020 roster? I'm sorry - holding your kid back a year so he can play against young kids is cheating. Go on believing it is OK if it helps get you through the day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Crabs 2020 has holdbacks...as does FCA as well as others...I think that dead horse is beaten but keep on beating it if it helps you get through the day...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Crabs 2020 has holdbacks...as does FCA as well as others...I think that dead horse is beaten but keep on beating it if it helps you get through the day...

We saw the result on national TV just how good the Crabs are with out hold backs, It was embarrassing for Maryland lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one is whining, only giving more ammunition to work harder and play stronger because on age kids CAN! The crabs may win, they might have a bunch of early commits, but at the end of the day- do you really care that your kid is on a top team when you know the only way for them to be there is to play younger kids? If the kids on Crabs were so good, they wouldn't have to hold back. No one is fooled but you. Yes it irritates people that there is a loop hole to give players and teams an advantage, but at the end of the day- the rest of the people that feel the loop hole is unfair can pride ourselves for doing the right thing by keeping our kids on grade, with top academics and still making commitments to top D1 schools. I admire those kids that can do that while those that played on younger teams have a tainted- oh yay for them, but they couldn't have done it otherwise or they would have played their own age.

So just remember- you are only as good as who YOU are. And... YOU play younger kids! If you are so proud and think you are so good, let's see if you are willing to play with your own age and not younger kids. I'd love to see what teams full of holdbacks would look like if they beat a team at 2019 with age appropriate kids but then had to go up against the 2018 where the kids should all be playing as they are the same age. When you realize you can only beat the younger team you know you just are not good enough, or smart enough to make it without finding an advantage. Remember- if playing younger kids- you damn better be able to shine, or else the coaches know you can't hack younger kids either. Good luck to all the teams this year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All sports programs have no loyalty. The best player gets the start. Why should it be otherwise? Whether you like it or not, holdbacks are part of our culture for all sports and if a holdback out-performs a younger kid, they will get the start. The Crabs are good and play within the rules. Stop whining.

I wouldn't exactly say within the rules, even if they did they are a disgusting example of everything that is wrong with youth sports and the push to turn our children in adults at the age of nine or ten. People can say it's all about the kids, we are doing it for them. What lessons are we teaching our children. People are going to pile on here and say we are teaching that if you have money you can do anything, to be the best you have to assemble the best players, blah,blah,blah. They are good teams, it is a disgusting organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is a hold back on FCA 2020? Do they have any players repeating 9th grade this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is a hold back on FCA 2020? Do they have any players repeating 9th grade this year?

Don't know if they have holdback so, though probably do, but they definitely have kids who went to pre-first!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't know if they have holdback so, though probably do, but they definitely have kids who went to pre-first!

My kids did an extra year of kindergarten. I knew then, when they were 6, that they would be lacrosse players and I wanted them to have an advantage. It had nothing to do with the school suggesting it based on where they were academically.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My buddies son is going to be born in November. I want to tell his wife to hold him in for another year so he can play Lax in college. She's not playing ball. I told her it is about parent commitment. Sucks...:(

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]My buddies son is going to be born in November. I want to tell his wife to hold him in for another year so he can play Lax in college. She's not playing ball. I told her it is about parent commitment. Sucks...:(

Attempt woefully short. 3rd grade humor...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kids did an extra year of kindergarten. I knew then, when they were 6, that they would be lacrosse players and I wanted them to have an advantage. It had nothing to do with the school suggesting it based on where they were academically.

That's fine for your kids but you do realize they play younger kids. If they played hockey they wouldn't be playing with their classmates. I suspect if lax is going to go anywhere, the birthdate rule will eventually be enforced. Right now lax is like the red headed step child- if people considered it a true sport- we'd see rules and regulations about age cut offs, player cards, rosters and releases etc.

I held a late Nov son back but our cut off is 12/1. He's not interested in lax but does play football and hockey and he gets by just fine playing with kids not in his grade, but based on his age. It's a patent prerogative to do what is best for their kid academically but that doesn't have to carry over into sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs 2020s captains for 2015/16 are 2018 hold backs. Sure - that's fair.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like 3rd grade humor. Don't take yourself so serious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's fine for your kids but you do realize they play younger kids. If they played hockey they wouldn't be playing with their classmates. I suspect if lax is going to go anywhere, the birthdate rule will eventually be enforced. Right now lax is like the red headed step child- if people considered it a true sport- we'd see rules and regulations about age cut offs, player cards, rosters and releases etc.

I held a late Nov son back but our cut off is 12/1. He's not interested in lax but does play football and hockey and he gets by just fine playing with kids not in his grade, but based on his age. It's a patent prerogative to do what is best for their kid academically but that doesn't have to carry over into sports.

True,Hockey is the fastest growing sport in America.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you consider that US lacrosse "counted" high school players in some states like Georgia as new players to the game, when actually what they were counting was registered high school varsity players who were just prior uncounted high school clubs, lacrosse participation ex- counting that CONTRACTED last year. Lacrosse isn't growing right now at the youth levels, and club lacrosse is the reason why. Not just a point aimed at Crabs alone, although they make a fine example...club lacrosse is extremely alienating toward all but maybe 2% or 3% of the youth players involved. That isn't a sustainable model. Ice hockey is a sustainable model, and that is exactly why it has shown year over year growth since 1981.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What you do with your child is fine. But why does he get to play against younger children at the youth level. 90% plus boys your boys age play against the right age group..Why cant they play down like your child??? USL Lacrosse is a joke for allowing this

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Crabs 2020s captains for 2015/16 are 2018 hold backs. Sure - that's fair.

No they are 2017's really, really they are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Crabs 2020s captains for 2015/16 are 2018 hold backs. Sure - that's fair.

No they are 2017's really, really they are.

Part of the responsiblity of the 2020 Crabs captain is driving the team bus to and from tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jealous much?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well could definitely be true- but even if not on this club- it is happening somewhere. Pre first and add 8th gr as a holdback- and well bottom line- did not stand out playing against kids their own age- so here they are. Athletes that are truly talented challenge themselves, or at the very least, play with their own peers, athletes that can not, play with the younger kids. Clubs are exploiting YOUR kids for money and YOU are letting them.

Parents, are you really proud of your kids when they can stand out against kids 1-2 years younger? I am most proud of my kids when they stand out playing up or succeeding in school with kids older then them in academic situations. It shows they are top of the top. What does playing with younger kids show? They are bottom of their peers, so they play to be top of the younger kids? Strive for better and be proud of your kid for who they are, not for what you want them to be. Do you really need for them to be glorified so much that you would make them play kids so much younger?

Really hoping USL rights the wrong of those coaches that think it is okay and makes this sport a respectable one, because right now, it is laughable and will never earn respect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well could definitely be true- but even if not on this club- it is happening somewhere. Pre first and add 8th gr as a holdback- and well bottom line- did not stand out playing against kids their own age- so here they are. Athletes that are truly talented challenge themselves, or at the very least, play with their own peers, athletes that can not, play with the younger kids. Clubs are exploiting YOUR kids for money and YOU are letting them.

Parents, are you really proud of your kids when they can stand out against kids 1-2 years younger? I am most proud of my kids when they stand out playing up or succeeding in school with kids older then them in academic situations. It shows they are top of the top. What does playing with younger kids show? They are bottom of their peers, so they play to be top of the younger kids? Strive for better and be proud of your kid for who they are, not for what you want them to be. Do you really need for them to be glorified so much that you would make them play kids so much younger?

Really hoping USL rights the wrong of those coaches that think it is okay and makes this sport a respectable one, because right now, it is laughable and will never earn respect.

Unfortunately many of these holdbacks arent the best athletics for their age. Many are pretty decent athletics but not the best at age. Parents know their chances of their child starting/playing are with children younger than their children. Many Parents know their 5-11 and under white guy has little chance of competing on his own.. so they give him whatever advantage they can over the rest of his peers ...Pretty sad..but it works for some . Crabs along with others now exploit this this for $.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Selfish motives of the parents ruining the experience for the on age kids that are really good players on elite teams, but relegated to a minor role due to the more advanced holdback taking their spot. Frustrating, disapointed - not right!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh well that's life. Same way in the real world always have to do what's best for you and your family.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep crying. Notice you don't say a thing about kids who reclassified in basketball, football, baseball, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep crying. Notice you don't say a thing about kids who reclassified in basketball, football, baseball, etc.

NO crying here- my kids play up and take advanced classes by 1-2 years in school- I am proud of them for who they are. If they lose a game- they did so with honor and do not have to hang their head in shame for playing younger kids. I know we are blessed, but it irks me to see other kids that have to work harder to compete and get a short end of a stick because others think it is great to play their kids against younger kids. And again- you would not have to do it if they were able to play their peers.

And why care about the other sports- my kids play them but they are fairly solid in rules and regulations in youth sports, but is it relevant? You rob a bank so I should too? They game the system in other sports, so we should do that too?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont mention football in this string. UCYFL has strict age limits, even requiring a 'head shot' of the players to make sure there are no shenanagans. The way it should be.

I just feel bad for the parents of the holdbacks, when in HS and college, as all the growth starts evening out, the parents wonder why Johnny, the star of all his youth teams, is playing behind a kid a grade lower.

I agree with another responder that this pattern will/is having a negative affect on the growth of this sport. This is very evident at the rec levels now. I guess soon there will be clubs for the really good 6 year olds.

Like Reply Quote
Page 62 of 128 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard