BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts388,038
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 70 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 69 70
Re: Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo)
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any thoughts on the Diamondbacks merging with API?

Is this true?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this true?

All these kids should just tryout for the new Madlax Maryland team. Same level or higher with a chase to make the Madlax Capital team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this true?

All these kids should just tryout for the new Madlax Maryland team. Same level or higher with a chase to make the Madlax Capital team

Don't understand Madlax's approach. They are basing the Madlax MD team out of Landon and Montgomery County which is already an area they already have a presence in and is already conjested with clubs (club Blue, Bethesda, next level, and many other minor clubs). They are making the 'Capitol' team their A team with both MD and VA kids and two 'B' teams - one for MD and one for VA.

No one out of the Annapolis/Bowie area considering the new API Diamondbacks is going to make the trip for a B level Madlax MD team.

Looks like Rock is reaching north with a merger with Chaos out of [lacrosse], PA.

Like Reply Quote
S
Shi Thead
Unregistered
Shi Thead
Unregistered
S
Club lacrosse is so watered down - you have a handful of elite teams at any given age bracket and then you have everyone else.

Its all about the $$$$$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this true?

Don't understand Madlax's approach. They are basing the Madlax MD team out of Landon and Montgomery County which is already an area they already have a presence in and is already conjested with clubs (club Blue, Bethesda, next level, and many other minor clubs). They are making the 'Capitol' team their A team with both MD and VA kids and two 'B' teams - one for MD and one for VA.

No one out of the Annapolis/Bowie area considering the new API Diamondbacks is going to make the trip for a B level Madlax MD team.

Looks like Rock is reaching north with a merger with Chaos out of [lacrosse], PA.
I agree its a long drive for a B team. But 6 or so Maryland kids per team have been driving to VA for years. They just need to pick up 18 from those Landon area clubs. And this could easily be the best team of that group. Because if your son grows or gets better they have the chance to be moved to the Capitol team. Which is by far the best team for the South MD/DC crowd to play for. I know I sound like a Homer. My son is graduating soon but I want the club to stay at the top.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Shi Thead
Club lacrosse is so watered down - you have a handful of elite teams at any given age bracket and then you have everyone else.

Its all about the $$$$$$

I agree so it makes sense to be part of a watered down team that gives you a chance to be moved up into a elite team. Which no one can argue that the top Madlax teams play with the best or the best. You can say they are not the best all day but they are at the field playing the best. And that is all you should be worried about the date to the Prom. Even if she is ugly you will not be at a crappy tournament in Va beach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Diamondbacks have one very good team. The rest just average teams picking up API kids may help build their program. It's a win win for both.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this true?

I agree its a long drive for a B team. But 6 or so Maryland kids per team have been driving to VA for years. They just need to pick up 18 from those Landon area clubs. And this could easily be the best team of that group. Because if your son grows or gets better they have the chance to be moved to the Capitol team. Which is by far the best team for the South MD/DC crowd to play for. I know I sound like a Homer. My son is graduating soon but I want the club to stay at the top.
Homer is not the word that comes to mind if you are trying to sell Madlax to people who have ANY other option. The words I think of are hoodwinked, delusional, moronic and out of touch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote=Anonymous]

Is this true?

Homer is not the word that comes to mind if you are trying to sell Madlax to people who have ANY other option. The words I think of are hoodwinked, delusional, moronic and out of touch.

Really please list the clubs better then Madlax. I can let you say 3, but if your list goes above that you are out of touch sir. I am not saying the cheapest/best deal, I am stating best overall program. Like wins,players and kids signing D1. This is also a list for people who live south of Baltimore. Ok I gave you some guide lines. I will not lie to someone and say Madlax is easy and perfect. But playing for middle of the road clubs is not a better option then Madlax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this true?

Per usual, it's just a money play. They are going to split their ok B team for each grade into 2 mediocre B teams. It is not going to have an impact on their A teams. Just an even worse experience for their B players.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax has some good teams in certain grades, but they are hardly the "best team for the South MD/DC crowd to play for". If your son plays for Madlax 2016, you know for a fact that Blackwolf's 2016 team would pummel Madlax and VLC's 2016 is better, too. Both Blackwolf and VLC have better 2016 & 2017 teams than Madlax. And that's not counting the kids in this area who play for the Crabs as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote=Anonymous]

Is this true?

Really please list the clubs better then Madlax. I can let you say 3, but if your list goes above that you are out of touch sir. I am not saying the cheapest/best deal, I am stating best overall program. Like wins,players and kids signing D1. This is also a list for people who live south of Baltimore. Ok I gave you some guide lines. I will not lie to someone and say Madlax is easy and perfect. But playing for middle of the road clubs is not a better option then Madlax

Crabs, FCA, Hawks, how is that for touch

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blackwolf and VLC are also better, especially in terms of developing HS kids and getting them recruited to college programs.

Madlax is better in terms of playing in tournaments in Poolesville, MD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blackwolf and VLC are also better, especially in terms of developing HS kids and getting them recruited to college programs.

Madlax is better in terms of playing in tournaments in Poolesville, MD.

Let's see what happens to the VLC 2019 team in the coming years. If they are that good at high school let's see if this team follows suit. They have been pulling up 2020 kids to fill the roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like both are weak 2019 teams. VLC ran and hid in A division to win a spring championship and Madlax has to pull kids down from 2018 to be competitive in 2019.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote=Anonymous]
[quote=Anonymous]Any thoughts on the Diamondbacks merging with API?

Is this true?

Crabs & Fca are north Baltimore. Hawks are Annapolis. None are realistic options for the Montgomery County/Nova kids that would play for Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blackwolf is starting youth teams for next year and seem to be pulling talent from Madlax every season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this true? [/quote]
All these kids should just tryout for the new Madlax Maryland team. Same level or higher with a chase to make the Madlax Capital team [/quote]

[/quote] [/quote]Homer is not the word that comes to mind if you are trying to sell Madlax to people who have ANY other option. The words I think of are hoodwinked, delusional, moronic and out of touch.

Really please list the clubs better then Madlax. I can let you say 3, but if your list goes above that you are out of touch sir. I am not saying the cheapest/best deal, I am stating best overall program. Like wins,players and kids signing D1. This is also a list for people who live south of Baltimore. Ok I gave you some guide lines. I will not lie to someone and say Madlax is easy and perfect. But playing for middle of the road clubs is not a better option then Madlax [/quote]

Crabs & Fca are north Baltimore. Hawks are Annapolis. None are realistic options for the Montgomery County/Nova kids that would play for Madlax. [/quote]the last time I looked Annapolis was still south of Baltimore, which was the geographic area discussed. I don't think there is much difference between north and south Baltimore. They are all part of the city that reads. Actually I guess north Baltimore gets to read the same book over once or twice. Oh and all three are still better than maddux

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like both are weak 2019 teams. VLC ran and hid in A division to win a spring championship and Madlax has to pull kids down from 2018 to be competitive in 2019.
That one kid played one time for 2019 and it was on the National team at the Crabs young gun tournament where all the teams where cheating with older kids. They where fighting fire with fire. Yes cheating but it was at a Crabs tournament so is it really cheating if you are at a Crabs tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really please list the clubs better then Madlax. I can let you say 3, but if your list goes above that you are out of touch sir. I am not saying the cheapest/best deal, I am stating best overall program. Like wins,players and kids signing D1. This is also a list for people who live south of Baltimore. Ok I gave you some guide lines. I will not lie to someone and say Madlax is easy and perfect. But playing for middle of the road clubs is not a better option then Madlax [/quote]

Crabs & Fca are north Baltimore. Hawks are Annapolis. None are realistic options for the Montgomery County/Nova kids that would play for Madlax. [/quote]the last time I looked Annapolis was still south of Baltimore, which was the geographic area discussed. I don't think there is much difference between north and south Baltimore. They are all part of the city that reads. Actually I guess north Baltimore gets to read the same book over once or twice. Oh and all three are still better than maddux [/quote]

Well if we go back to my question and guide lines for the question. You can keep the Hawks and FCA but you have to take out the Crabs they are who they are. But my point was if you can not make the Hawks or FCA and lets say Crabs also. Madlax Maryland is the next clear choice. I said you might be able to pick 3 above Madlax but they are 4 or higher of a choice. And we all know their is way more then 3 clubs in south Maryland. So if you want to list the top 10 clubs where would Madlax Maryland fall. Because if you are on team 10.9.8.7,6,5 in this list Madlax would be a better place for your kid to play. Like I said Madlax gets you on the field and in the tournaments you want and need to be in. This is 100% a fact. And if you are a kid playing at a avg level it would be better to be in a club where if you hit a growth spurt you will be in the system to move up to the Capital team and play with the studs. You can bad mouth the Madlax top teams records all day but they are at the show. So until they stop going to the best or top tournaments they are a very good or best option.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only difference between crabs and madlax is yellow/orange and the size of their arrogant loudmouth owners. They are carbon copies of each other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only difference between crabs and madlax is yellow/orange and the size of their arrogant loudmouth owners. They are carbon copies of each other.

Ok like I said still at worst the 4th best option for Southern MD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs, Madlax and VLC are all much better than Madlax, especially at the HS level.

Nobody is going to play for Madlax Maryland except for kids on B teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except the Crabs have a lot more D1 commits. Madlax 2016 lost their best player and FOGO to Crabs. Best player on Madlax 2017 went to VLC. Seems like Madlax loses their best players to other clubs when they finish youth ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except the Crabs have a lot more D1 commits. Madlax 2016 lost their best player and FOGO to Crabs. Best player on Madlax 2017 went to VLC. Seems like Madlax loses their best players to other clubs when they finish youth ball.

blah blah blah, they are still despicable organizations and are the epitome of everything wrong with youth sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok like I said still at worst the 4th best option for Southern MD

Southern MD is east of DC. The Cannons are the best club in this area.

Bethesda/Montgomery County is west and a whole different area and is where MadLax has to battle Bethesda, Club Blue, and Next Level (and a bunch of annual upstarts) for kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The only difference between crabs and madlax is yellow/orange and the size of their arrogant loudmouth owners. They are carbon copies of each other.

blah blah blah, they are still despicable organizations and are the epitome of everything wrong with youth sports.

Try arts & crafts or the band.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The only difference between crabs and madlax is yellow/orange and the size of their arrogant loudmouth owners. They are carbon copies of each other.

Try arts & crafts or the band.....

Not sure what the comment means, could you clarify your point Ryan

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does Ryan have to brag about, that he gets the kids after other programs develop them???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RM and his protege at Madlax are complete asses. The sport would be better without their involvement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Breakers 2020 are bunch of douches as well. They were beating some team 16-1 and the parents were still clapping on the field next to us. Sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Breakers 2020 are bunch of douches as well. They were beating some team 16-1 and the parents were still clapping on the field next to us. Sad.

Yes that's a group that is not really used to winning, so they would not be expected to act like they have been there before.
Can't win the big ones against good teams, beat up on inferior competition than chest bumpers.....pretty transparent group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
parents were clapping for their kids? what has this world come to. give me a break, if you think they are D-bags that's fine but cheating a good save or a nice goal or assist in a 16-1 game is totally acceptable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]parents were clapping for their kids? what has this world come to. give me a break, if you think they are D-bags that's fine but cheating a good save or a nice goal or assist in a 16-1 game is totally acceptable.

act like you've seen a good save or nice goal before...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Breakers 2020 are bunch of douches as well. They were beating some team 16-1 and the parents were still clapping on the field next to us. Sad.

They weren't whooping it up, was more like a golf clap. Why don't you go throw rocks at someone else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]parents were clapping for their kids? what has this world come to. give me a break, if you think they are D-bags that's fine but cheating a good save or a nice goal or assist in a 16-1 game is totally acceptable.

act like you've seen a good save or nice goal before...

Was not there and I am a 2019 guy but, when a game is a blow out it should mean kids who do not play a lot are in the game. So one would guess that the kid who scored the 14 -16 goal is a kid who does not have a lot of goals. So this could make the parents of this kid pretty happy. This is just a general rule I use. Know if a kid is working on a 2nd hat trick in a 16-0 game then you should call the parents out. So my point is. It all comes down to who is scoring in these blow outs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree, We had a game 15-0 and our long poles scored with short poles. We cheer a little as they never play with shorties. If that was the case than it was acceptable. Sometimes U13 teams should not play up as U15 is a different animal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where did API play? Will they go back to npyll?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Api and dbacks are typical B level clubs playing in HoCo. Neither could compete in npyll. Merging two Bs won't make an A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Api and dbacks are typical B level clubs playing in HoCo. Neither could compete in npyll. Merging two Bs won't make an A

Agreed that API was a typical B level team, but the Diamondback organization is not. The Diamondbacks did play in the NPYLL and won several championships there. The level of competition in the NPYLL is comparable, or even worse, than HOCO at most divisions.

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 70 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 69 70
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard