BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,830
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 58 of 128 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
User
User
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I saw the new Crab T-Shirts for next year.
Lacrosse and Holdbacks, It's What We Do

Love the Wedding Crashers reference!!

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop
I saw the new Crab T-Shirts for next year.
Lacrosse and Holdbacks, It's What We Do

Love the Wedding Crashers reference!!

Cmon man...be a little more original! Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can Madlax 2019 get some credit for winning the tournament this weekend. It seems to me there where lots of top teams and some on here try to act like this team is not a top ten 2019 team in the country .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can Madlax 2019 get some credit for winning the tournament this weekend. It seems to me there where lots of top teams and some on here try to act like this team is not a top ten 2019 team in the country .

Lose the 10th grader(s) and you will get credit for your wins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kudos to you on your astonishing win.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their faceoff guy played really well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which tournaments did the 2019 Crabs win this summer?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Which tournaments did the 2019 Crabs win this summer? [/quote
They won the 2020 division at Berlin and then won the World Series of Youth Lacrosse in Denver. Pretty sure they are the only ones they won this season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They won the 2020 division at Berlin and then won the World Series of Youth Lacrosse in Denver. Pretty sure they are the only ones they won this season.

I see what you did there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought the Li team won Denver?? 2019 winning 2020 tournament..Funny

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought the Li team won Denver?? 2019 winning 2020 tournament..Funny

Nope, was edited to make Peter Griffin, sorry meant Cryan Ryan, look bad. They didn't show all of the Crab goals, it was actually 23-19 Crabs in overtime.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many kids on the Crabs 2020 are born before 9/1/2001? I know for sure a 2020 who repeated 7th grade and starts on the 2020.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]How many kids on the Crabs 2020 are born before 9/1/2001? I know for sure a 2020 who repeated 7th grade and starts on the 2020.

We could try and call them and ask. Wait, most of them are at D1 prospect days this week so they wouldn't answer. Sucks for you haters....although there is always next year for you guys.....wait....or probably not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]How many kids on the Crabs 2020 are born before 9/1/2001? I know for sure a 2020 who repeated 7th grade and starts on the 2020.

We could try and call them and ask. Wait, most of them are at D1 prospect days this week so they wouldn't answer. Sucks for you haters....although there is always next year for you guys.....wait....or probably not.

Sad when the only thing in life you care about is your son's D1 prospects. Poor kid but hey he is a D1 prospect so all is good until oh wait...he graduates and he realizes that daddy can not fix everything for him any longer by manipulating the system.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We saw in Denver how dominate the Crabs 2020 team was vs Team 91 when they played an aged based tournament. Team 91 is the real deal. Maybe you guys can win it next year!! Oh sorry, it will be age based again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I laugh at all you guys. I played D1 and you are owned by the coach and school. Not sure all kids want that. Girls, Fraternities and beer can cause a problem for grades. Also, you need to keep your grades up to stay on the team. Hire a tutor and let your kids play d2 or d3 and have fun and sew their oats. There is no money in MLL except for a few stars. 50 to 100k per year to play lax with all the travel is not worth it. My 2 cents. Now all you sideline dads, HS superstars, will kick in I am sure. LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I laugh at all you guys. I played D1 and you are owned by the coach and school. Not sure all kids want that. Girls, Fraternities and beer can cause a problem for grades. Also, you need to keep your grades up to stay on the team. Hire a tutor and let your kids play d2 or d3 and have fun and sew their oats. There is no money in MLL except for a few stars. 50 to 100k per year to play lax with all the travel is not worth it. My 2 cents. Now all you sideline dads, HS superstars, will kick in I am sure. LOL

Great post and good advice - thanks for the insight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How long before Team91MD takes over dominance in the MD/DC club lacrosse area?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard the same talk when 3d came to town and we all know how that worked out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will be just like the rest of decent clubs. They will be mining for the better players against all the other clubs with some reputation. I dont see them being dominate , probably similar to Breakers,Loonies,Greene Turtle, etc...
Have some good teams along with some not so good teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The last thing MD needs is another club option. 91 has had impressive results but in MD, unlike most other lacrosse regions, one only has to travel 10-15 minutes (in general) to find a competitive club. The area is saturated...Crabs, Breakers, FCA, Greene Turtle, Rock, now 91...and don't count out Looney's and Koopers at the younger ages...too many teams for a small player population. Long Island or NJ have significantly greater populations and far fewer competitive teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will be just like the rest of decent clubs. They will be mining for the better players against all the other clubs with some reputation. I dont see them being dominate , probably similar to Breakers,Loonies,Greene Turtle, etc...
Have some good teams along with some not so good teams.

I agree groups of kids stick together for lots of reasons. You will never be able to get the top 20 kids from an area in every year. Kids and parents will sometimes just want to stick with who they like or feel comfortable with. The schools have some many ties with all the teams and the best players are not always at the same school or schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why pay a full price tuition at D3 to bust your butt and play a sport? Since you mentioned academics, please name a D2 lacrosse school with top flight academics. Go D1 and get 25% to 75% of your room and board paid for tax free. Or go to a service acdemicy or an Ivy (the best financial aid in the market).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why pay a full price tuition at D3 to bust your butt and play a sport? Since you mentioned academics, please name a D2 lacrosse school with top flight academics. Go D1 and get 25% to 75% of your room and board paid for tax free. Or go to a service acdemicy or an Ivy (the best financial aid in the market). [/quote] If you can get into an Ivy, you will get enough academic money at D3 to make it work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With good grades you can go D3 with decent lax skills and get merit scholar ships along with help from the lax coach. D3 does not give money for athletics but seems to find money for other reasons to get you on the team. Have fun in your youth as a good MD lax kid with good grades is a viable D3 prospect. If you want your kid to get a full ride to D1, you have a better chance on playing the lottery. $1 and a dream is cheaper that club lax dues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With good grades you can go D3 with decent lax skills and get merit scholar ships along with help from the lax coach. D3 does not give money for athletics but seems to find money for other reasons to get you on the team. Have fun in your youth as a good MD lax kid with good grades is a viable D3 prospect. If you want your kid to get a full ride to D1, you have a better chance on playing the lottery. $1 and a dream is cheaper that club lax dues.

Top academic schools (D1 or D3) don't give merit aid unless you're a full blown genius. See Ivies, little Ivies and the like. If you're willing to settle for a notch below academically and can't get a 25-75% ride to a Duke, Georgetown or ND, that's a great outcome. Given the choice, I want my sons to get paid (tax free) to put the same effort they would in D3. Whether its $25-45k tax free per year, every bit helps. That being said, if you qualify for a big chunk of FA, D1 or D3 doesn't matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For you parents chasing the "full ride" in lacrosse, I give you Dom Starsia
Said Virginia men's coach Dom Starsia: "If you take our Tewaaraton Award winners — Matt Ward, Chris Rotelli and Steele Stanwick — and added them all together, it might equal a little more than one full scholarship."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For you parents chasing the "full ride" in lacrosse, I give you Dom Starsia
Said Virginia men's coach Dom Starsia: "If you take our Tewaaraton Award winners — Matt Ward, Chris Rotelli and Steele Stanwick — and added them all together, it might equal a little more than one full scholarship."

If you pay all the money for all these teams, showcases and camps. You have enough money you really should not be taking a Scholarship away from a kid/family that needs the free money. Oh wait you are also paying 15k to 30k a year for high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct....very few FULL RIDES are given...20 and 30% is normal for an excellent player. And that's a good deal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just like O'Malley. Did you read this week that O'Malley and his wife have $379k in college loans for their kids. They had no mortgage for 8 years and together make over 300k per year. LOL. I guess he manages his money like he managed the state. Spend, spend, spend. If you save all the private school money and invest that in a 529 plan with aggressive investment plans, college would be paid for. I know, logic is just out of the questions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse is a sanctuary for 5'9 140 lb white kids who go to prep schools to masquerade as Division 1 athletes. Because in lacrosse you can. We all know that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just like O'Malley. Did you read this week that O'Malley and his wife have $379k in college loans for their kids. They had no mortgage for 8 years and together make over 300k per year. LOL. I guess he manages his money like he managed the state. Spend, spend, spend. If you save all the private school money and invest that in a 529 plan with aggressive investment plans, college would be paid for. I know, logic is just out of the questions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, Rob Panell is 5-2 170. I guess he skated through.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More Starsia "Finally, how do you choose one club over another? No matter what some of the club coaches might tell you, the college coaches do not really care what club you play for. All we care about is, are you good enough?"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More Starsia, like how embarrassing it is to be watching ninth graders before committing one the next day? I am not a Crabs parent or big fan, but the likelihood Dom Starsia would find a kid at some Trilogy tournament in lacrosse Siberia is zero. Early recruiters do the lazy man approach every year. They have blind faith in club or prep school pedigree which is kind of silly. Good recruiters don't care about that, Tierney is one. But there aren't a lot of guys taking his approach.

BTW, Starsia seems to be recruiting 8th graders very confidently for a guy whose contract is up in 9 months. Just sayin.

Like Reply Quote
User
User
Starsia is full of it!
Inside Lacrosse article spotlighting Starsia where he states how recruiting young players is bad for the game....then this....from IL on July 8, 2015.

Canadian attackman Payton Cormier has verbally committed to Virginia, becoming the first publicly known commitment in the 2019 class. Cormier is a lefty from Mimico, Ont., who will attend Oakville Trafalgar High (Ont.) and plays for Mimico Minor Lacrosse.
This kid is not even in HS yet. Way to go Starsia!!!!!

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ALL true....NCAA has really screwed this issue up!!Very ugly on their part. FIX THIS!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pietramala does it too. From an article last year on a kid who was a 16 year old freshman at BL committing to Hopkins before he even stepped on the field in a Freshman/JV or varsity high school game.
""The first thing I have to say is we're as guilty as anybody," said Hopkins coach Dave Pietramala, who under NCAA rules is not allowed to comment publicly on unsigned recruits. "We are not going to lie, we're doing it. Do I like doing it? No. Do we want more information on kids? Yeah, more information means fewer mistakes. The older they are the more mature decisions they make.

"That said, choosing Johns Hopkins in the ninth grade isn't the worst decision in the world. This is a great institution. But until the NCAA steps in and says no more recruiting ninth graders or 10th graders, it will continue to happen. Pandora's Box has been opened, but we don't know what comes out next."

This is not just a Hopkins thing. Virginia does it, and so do Syracuse and Duke, and all the other major powers in college lacrosse. Some dress it up differently, but it still comes down to taking advantage of young athlete.

The Baltimore Sun 2-21-2014. By the way, how the [lacrosse] is a freshman 16 years old? Kid played for crabs by the way...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NCAA fix this? Why? This is lacrosse we are blogging about here. Not football or men's basketball which are the money sports and the focus of the NCAA. Unless early recruiting is an issue where the money comes from, it isn't something that the NCAA cares a lick about. Until or if that happens, lacrosse coaches will have to find a way to work together and be bonded to some restraint. And remember, this is lacrosse we are blogging about...that won't happen. The early recruiting restraint kicks in when the serial ER coaches fail to win. If that happens it will matter, and ADs will fire them and...some change happens at that point. Not before then.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pre-first, then 8th grade version 2.0 at Boys' Latin is how. Standard recipe in the MIAA. There is hardly such a thing as a 14 year old 9th grade lacrosse player anymore. Sad but true.

Like Reply Quote
Page 58 of 128 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard