Here is a new thread.

Top Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

#127329 - 07/24/15 08:57 PM Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse [Re: TommyM]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

If your son is the 2022 age bracket, what are the best club teams in Westchester and Fairfield counties? Are they Primetime, Predators, Chargers and Eclipse? Or some other Ny or Ct team?

Which ones will give him the best training and ultimately the best recruiting opportunities? Thanks in advance for your help.

Top Reply Quote
#127556 - 07/26/15 09:30 PM Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted by Anonymous
If your son is the 2022 age bracket, what are the best club teams in Westchester and Fairfield counties? Are they Primetime, Predators, Chargers and Eclipse? Or some other Ny or Ct team?

Which ones will give him the best training and ultimately the best recruiting opportunities? Thanks in advance for your help.

Express North should be a consideration.

Top Reply Quote
#127573 - 07/27/15 06:37 AM Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse [Re: TommyM]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought that long express north and team 91 tristate were too new and needed a couple more seasons for the teams and organizations to gel. The younger LIE north and 91 tristate teams seemed to play only in B level tournaments.

Any of these organizations play year round? Hard to compete against the top Long Island and Maryland teams when the Westchester and Fairfield teams really only practice together as a team in the summer.

Top Reply Quote
#127576 - 07/27/15 06:56 AM Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought that long express north and team 91 tristate were too new and needed a couple more seasons for the teams and organizations to gel. The younger LIE north and 91 tristate teams seemed to play only in B level tournaments.

Any of these organizations play year round? Hard to compete against the top Long Island and Maryland teams when the Westchester and Fairfield teams really only practice together as a team in the summer.

That is a lame excuse! My son plays on a couple teams as an invited player we never know which kids will be there, yet they usually win the tournament or come very close! If the talent is there, you will win.

Top Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
#127579 - 07/27/15 07:21 AM Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse [Re: TommyM]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

problem with northern westchester right now in general is a shrinking pool of players and a growing amount travel organizations. Superstars out of ridgefield has changed their whole offering. combination of box and field lacrosse, not sure how that will workout , but it is supposed to me more of a year round offering. I have heard fair number of complaints out of the younger Prime time parents this year, Apparently the 3/4 team, won 1 game, and got pretty much destroyed in every other. not sure if that will continue or if that has always been the case.

Top Reply Quote
#127589 - 07/27/15 08:25 AM Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse [Re: TommyM]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the comments about Northern Westchester. Seems like the same thing is happening in Fairfield County. Chargers used to be strong but the talent pool is now being divided up as more teams enter (i.e. Eclipse).

Top Reply Quote
#127724 - 07/27/15 02:59 PM Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse [Re: TommyM]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think the participation in lacrosse has slowed down. At the high school level, if you are not starting at one of the really competitive teams like Primetime, Express North or Eclipse and either starting on varsity or getting significant playing time at least by sophomore year, you're probably better off improving your skills at camps then watching others play from sidelines at both games and practices.

Top Reply Quote
#130071 - 08/17/15 10:46 AM Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse [Re: TommyM]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Should be interesting to see how things play out for the Fall 2015/Summer 2016 teams in Westchester. Seems every organization is having tryouts on August 30th. If kids can only go to one and don't make the team may be out of luck. Of course there probably will be one or two teams without enough boys at tryouts to take the other's leftovers.

Top Reply Quote
#130082 - 08/17/15 12:13 PM Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Generally yes, but North 2019 made finals at last two tourneys of summer, all the big boys were there. 3d Tristate was better at end of summer than the start.

Top Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
#130090 - 08/17/15 12:49 PM Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse [Re: TommyM]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am hearing that Primetime, which is based in Lewisboro, and has been traditionally very strong, is no longer going to be able to call John Jay HS their home. It seems like they are scrambling for field space and have not let anyone know where that may be. This could change alot of the dynamic as I am hearing Express North is calling the Harvey School in Katonah, their new home, Does anyone know where Prime Time will be going? some are saying down County but not confirmed

Top Reply Quote
#130092 - 08/17/15 12:51 PM Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse [Re: TommyM]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Express north beat crabs and dukes this summer.

Top Reply Quote
#130120 - 08/17/15 02:52 PM Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am hearing that Primetime, which is based in Lewisboro, and has been traditionally very strong, is no longer going to be able to call John Jay HS their home. It seems like they are scrambling for field space and have not let anyone know where that may be. This could change alot of the dynamic as I am hearing Express North is calling the Harvey School in Katonah, their new home, Does anyone know where Prime Time will be going? some are saying down County but not confirmed

On. 8/15 A new location for tryouts was announced. Don't know where practices will be held.

Top Reply Quote
#130468 - 08/20/15 08:29 AM Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

On. 8/15 A new location for tryouts was announced. Don't know where practices will be held.

Not sure where practices will be, but second day of tryouts are at Purchase. The SUNY must be making some good coin as it seems nearly every travel team is having tryouts on campus on the 30th.

Top Reply Quote
#130487 - 08/20/15 09:52 AM Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse [Re: TommyM]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

sounds like Primetime is scrambling- should bode well for the EXPRESS NORTH which is setting up shop in Katonah-

Top Reply Quote
Page 1 of 131 1 2 3 130 131
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
Image Verification

TOURNAMENTS/SHOWCASES
O2 Skyline Box Invitational
Christian Koehler Lacrosse Tournament
Harding Battle by the Bay
Harding Summer Sunset