BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 57 of 128 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Crabs lost to looneys in the fall.

You all need to stat the year of the team not just the club name. All these teams start at u9 and go to 2016. Please its just four numbers after the name thanks you

Talking 2020, it is by far the most competitive age group out there with the most high end talented teams.

You have zero perspective, only myopia based on your kid. There are many grades with far more talented teams (both in terms of the teams as well as the number of talented kids).

Get over yourself.

none as talented as 2020, don't be jealous there!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious if u rated the best 10 2020 teams this summer who would they be. Not trying to stir the pot here just interested as we are setting our Fall Schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious if u rated the best 10 2020 teams this summer who would they be. Not trying to stir the pot here just interested as we are setting our Fall Schedule.

Check the 2020 thread in the LI section, was discussed a couple of days ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Crush

following in no particular order

2) Looney's
3) Express Terps
4) Crabs
5) Legacy TAZ
6) Hawks
7) Tomahawks
8) Breakers
9) Edge
10) FCA
11) Laxacheusettes
12) Rising Sons

Crush is hands down the top team, no other team better. Teams 2-10 could beat each other one day then lose to the same team the following. There are other which are very talented as well, but these are the teams I keep an eye on in tournaments.

Next season though, you can put this years Crabs 2019 team in at the #2 spot, as many will be holdbacks and reclassed on the 2020 team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

not in a particular order. Just teams that should be able to enter top 2020 bracket (AA) of any tournament and be competitive:Breakers, Roughriders, Hawks, Crabs, FCA, Looneys, Bethesda. Next tier that are very good but not elite: Diamondbacks, MDX, VLC, Cannons, Next Level. Add in some of the second teams from FCA, breakers & Looney's. Maybe Laxworld, Hoco and probably a few others I missed that have some talent.

I have 2019, 2020, 2022 boys. I'd say this is the grad yr out of those yrs with the most quality teams

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs lost to looneys in the fall.

You all need to stat the year of the team not just the club name. All these teams start at u9 and go to 2016. Please its just four numbers after the name thanks you

Talking 2020, it is by far the most competitive age group out there with the most high end talented teams.

You have zero perspective, only myopia based on your kid. There are many grades with far more talented teams (both in terms of the teams as well as the number of talented kids).

Get over yourself.

none as talented as 2020, don't be jealous there!

Well if you are saying the talent level of Lacrosse overall is getting better every year. Then I could say 2021 is better then 2020 and 2022 is better then 2021 and 2023 is better then 2022. Point being trying to compare is nuts. It can not be done. Unless you want to use a list of D1 starters and put them on here in 8 years or so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not saying that. 2020 for whatever reason has the most competitive teams in the area. Every single one of your top programs have highly competitive teams. All of them are talented, not just a few. Most other age groups will have two or three highly competitive teams, 2020 has ; Looney's, Crabs, Breakers, Hawks, Fca to name a few, pluse numerous "A" teams which are very competitive and can and have beaten many "AA" from other areas such as Breakers, FCA, and Looney's.

This isn't uncommon at all, many other sports have hit years for whatever reason. Hockey for instance is very strong I the 2000 birth year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs, loonies, fca, hawks, breakers, sons, freedom, hhh, tri state, patriot, crush, express, legacy, laxachusettes, tomahawks, sweetlax, 3d national, edge

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FWIW, 2021's seems to have the talent pretty evenly distributed among the top 15 teams in the country. Top team keeps winning, but with a lot of 1-goal games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs, loonies, fca, hawks, breakers, sons, freedom, hhh, tri state, patriot, crush, express, legacy, laxachusettes, tomahawks, sweetlax, 3d national, edge

Some of those teams don't belong at all

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What year are you referring to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2020, the age group with the most talent as a whole

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe be was referring to 2020

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2020, the age group with the most talent as a whole

Based on what? There are other grades with more talent than that one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nope not even close. College recruiters are going to be passing on a lot of the 2019 class to offer 2020's. I was personally told that. Big showcases coming up for 2020's in the next coming year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nope not even close. College recruiters are going to be passing on a lot of the 2019 class to offer 2020's. I was personally told that. Big showcases coming up for 2020's in the next coming year.

That is very interesting because I feel like once the 2019s hear that more kids will reclassify to 2020

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you expand on this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you expand on this?

College teams are saving the money for 2020's because it is a deeper pool of talent then the 2019

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really don't see it in the 2020's

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the parent that says they don't like it - well then - switch teams. No other youth lacrosse program in the area promotes reclassification like the Crabs. I'd be willing to bet RM gets some kind of deal from BL for every family he convinces to hold their kid back in 7th and 8th grade. He is scheister and a cheat and is ruining the integrity of the game. I hope US Lacrosse does something soon to address this gaming of the system by people like him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really don't see it in the 2020's

You don't have too, the high school and college coaches already see it...they are the only ones that matter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 seems way stronger. 2020 is awful in northern va. Is the talent more localized in Md and ny? I do see an awful lot of hold backs in the 2020's but that's hard to gauge.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 in MD through Mass is stronger than 2019, so much so, that many hold back 2019 don't even start.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 in MD through Mass is stronger than 2019, so much so, that many hold back 2019 don't even start.

That is a load of bullsh1t. With the exception of Looneys and Breakers - because the rest of their teams are irrelevant - there is not a 2020 team in MD or VA that could beat its 2019 counterpart.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good Lord.....this hold back nonsense is all u guys talk about on here!? give it a rest. go to ravens practice. catch an Orioles game. drink a couple beers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Baltimore can support roughly 3 teams per graduation year. There are too many teams now, especially at the younger ages. It will be interesting to see what teams, other than Crabs and FCA, will be able to attract the best players as the teams consolidate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is a load of bullsh1t. With the exception of Looneys and Breakers - because the rest of their teams are irrelevant - there is not a 2020 team in MD or VA that could beat its 2019 counterpart.

explain why a few weeks ago an assistant coach from one of the final four NCAA lax teams came out and spoke with our team (2020 boys) and the parents. the coach told the parents that they are aware of depth in the 2020's and he feels they will be much more heavily recruited than the previous graduation years. the coach met with at least 3 other 2020 teams and basically said the same thing to each of them. oh, this coach flew in with the sole purpose of watching a few 2020 teams in the tournaments that were coming up at the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

explain why a few weeks ago an assistant coach from one of the final four NCAA lax teams came out and spoke with our team (2020 boys) and the parents. the coach told the parents that they are aware of depth in the 2020's and he feels they will be much more heavily recruited than the previous graduation years. the coach met with at least 3 other 2020 teams and basically said the same thing to each of them. oh, this coach flew in with the sole purpose of watching a few 2020 teams in the tournaments that were coming up at the time.

Who was the coach and which teams did he meet with?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He met with the 2019's last year and told them the same thing, it is called a sales pitch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Baltimore can support roughly 3 teams per graduation year. There are too many teams now, especially at the younger ages. It will be interesting to see what teams, other than Crabs and FCA, will be able to attract the best players as the teams consolidate.

The best or just the biggest and oldest for the graduation year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, I'll start by saying I'm not a Maryland or NY parent. Following the MD Terps 2018 tourney and the Crabs 2018 team took the title. Congrats.

Can anyone explain to me how Sweetlax with 10, count them 10, D1 early verbals gets man handled by the Crabs not once but twice 7-2 (pool play) and 7-4 (title). I know the Crabs are a great team, but everyone billed these Sweetlax players as the greatest on the planet.

Curious how full starting lineup of Hop, UVA, Cuse commits can't hang with the Crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs team is full of Holdbacks - that's their thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
was kinda funny watching the parents make the 2019 crab kids drive home from College Park as punishment for losing in Young Guns, heard one kid whining that he didn't feel like driving and the dad saying to him "if you can't drive to the goal, you're driving up 95" Classic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You convinced me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious how full starting lineup of Hop, UVA, Cuse commits can't hang with the Crabs.

on a positive note for Sweetlax....they won 90%+ of the face-offs in both games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, I'll start by saying I'm not a Maryland or NY parent. Following the MD Terps 2018 tourney and the Crabs 2018 team took the title. Congrats.

Can anyone explain to me how Sweetlax with 10, count them 10, D1 early verbals gets man handled by the Crabs not once but twice 7-2 (pool play) and 7-4 (title). I know the Crabs are a great team, but everyone billed these Sweetlax players as the greatest on the planet.

Because Sweetlax has decided to make a defacto National team where guys from hundreds of miles away are part of the "team". But those guys don't attend every tournament, so Sweetlax looks a lot different when it's just their core team from NY.

In other words, the 10 D1 commits they have is a smokescreen. Most of those guys are mercenaries who have only played a handful of times with Sweetlax. Some have only played once with Sweetlax.

I imagine the Sweetlax team that played this weekend didn't have those mercenaries with them. Don't get me wrong - they are a very good club. But their D1 commit list is completely skewed by guys who aren't really playing for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still on here talking about hold backs? Orioles are on now I think

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone explain to me how Sweetlax with 10, count them 10, D1 early verbals gets man handled by the Crabs....

sweetlax just announced their "13th Division I commit in the 2018 class"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its the world we live in. Most of this travel lax stuff is BS. Everyone takes credits for getting a kid recruited. Something is wrong with lax bro's that coach and have programs. You ever here a high school football coach saying I got the kid recruited? NO they don't. Kids get themselves recruited not coaches. I'm sure there are some favors done to get a committed but what does that mean anyway? There is really no negative impact on universities for committing kids early, because there is no money tied to lacrosse. Lacrosse is just weird. Refs are the most sensitive refs out of any sport. Hey clubs stop taking credit for putting a Division 1 talented kid on your team and then acting like you made him that way. BS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw the new Crab T-Shirts for next year.
Lacrosse and Holdbacks, It's What We Do

Like Reply Quote
Page 57 of 128 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard