BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,740
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 53 of 128 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I had a player last year who played for my team and for FCA, on my team he was a certain grade due to age and for FCA he was playing the grade below, I doubt he was the only player on FCA in this situation

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's like all of the MD parents live in some sort of fantasy land - ALL OF YOUR TEAMS CHEAT! Again, everyone seems to forget that ALL of these other teams mentioned have holdbacks and "fill out their rosters" with other players from different age and skill levels (AA to A) when they are short as well. THEY ARE ADMITTING IT AND GETTING CAUGHT RED-HANDED FOR IT!! It's ridiculous that anyone does it, but don't pretend it's only the Crabs - FCA JUST did it, and admitted it, in Young Guns "It was only like 5 kids though" (and STILL were just average at best - and that's generous). Cannons got caught this weekend doing it (and also did so at McDonough - and still sucked) and should have been kicked out of the tournament. Hawks The only "fact" is that ALL of those "other teams" do the exact same thing as the Crabs to some extent, so it's nonsensical to watch MD parents call out Crabs and other teams when they are ALL doing it - just not as well as Crabs apparently. Maybe private schools should only allow holding kids back for academic reasons, and then we'd really see how a level playing field we have. The only real "fact" is that all of the MD clubs cheat, and the NY/NJ/PA clubs still beat them handily.

What exactly did the Hawks do, you never finished the sentence. If we are talking about real "facts", can you tell me there are no kids being held back on ANY team in New [lacrosse], New Jersey, Delaware, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, South Carolina, Colorado, Michigan, Ohio, Missouri, California, Texas, Minnesota, Maine, Georgia, Arizona, Oregon, Washington, Illinois, Indiana or any of the other lacrosse playing states in this country. The answer is simply NO, you can't say that and be factual, because somebody somewhere has them, yes even in the great state of Long Island there are kids being held back. I know it is prevalent with the private school sector but to lump everyone together and label them cheaters is a little ridiculous when everyone in the lacrosse playing country is doing the same thing.

I'd actually be willing to guarantee they all do. Even more reason for everyone to stop whining about the Crabs and get their own houses in order. Funny thing is, since everyone is doing it, kind of makes it all even - crazy but true! [/quote]
You missed my point, I'm talking about teams have one somewhere, not built their program on it like crabs, fca etc i don't think crabnation should be talking about order to anyone. I also was not saying because every state somewhere has that it is right. Make your own twisted argument, don't twist my words

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sure it makes sense - most Maryland teams would have no problem meeting the age requirements. Contrary to your opinion, all Maryland teams DO NOT have holdbacks and some work very hard to make sure they do not. This post is just trying to bring everyone down to Crabs level. The proof would be that they could show up to play at any age/grade tournament and qualify. Crabs would never do that. There is a big difference between what FCA does with respect to bringing age appropriate players that play up (ie legitimate 2020AA players who also play 2019AA) to play with their own grade/age group and what Crabs does by playing down with older kids in younger age groups. Do not pull all mid Atlantic teams into the mudpile with you. [/quote]

Actually FCA 2020 brought 5 players down from AA to A in Young Guns to "fill out their roster", and they still couldn't pass and catch. Personally, I'd rather mix age than skill level - that's very unChristian of them... [/quote]

This tournament had two good teams, the rest were just ok. Compare the performance of all the other teams, ex. Crush and Crabs and you will see they all get routinely beat up by the other stronger East Coast teams from LI, MA, and MD. Crabs being at this tourney means nothing, they should've stayed home and played in Young Guns where they could've used hold backs to compete.[/quote]

Spoken like a true observer who watched from home rather than from in the stands...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's like all of the MD parents live in some sort of fantasy land - ALL OF YOUR TEAMS CHEAT! Again, everyone seems to forget that ALL of these other teams mentioned have holdbacks and "fill out their rosters" with other players from different age and skill levels (AA to A) when they are short as well. THEY ARE ADMITTING IT AND GETTING CAUGHT RED-HANDED FOR IT!! It's ridiculous that anyone does it, but don't pretend it's only the Crabs - FCA JUST did it, and admitted it, in Young Guns "It was only like 5 kids though" (and STILL were just average at best - and that's generous). Cannons got caught this weekend doing it (and also did so at McDonough - and still sucked) and should have been kicked out of the tournament. Hawks The only "fact" is that ALL of those "other teams" do the exact same thing as the Crabs to some extent, so it's nonsensical to watch MD parents call out Crabs and other teams when they are ALL doing it - just not as well as Crabs apparently. Maybe private schools should only allow holding kids back for academic reasons, and then we'd really see how a level playing field we have. The only real "fact" is that all of the MD clubs cheat, and the NY/NJ/PA clubs still beat them handily.

What exactly did the Hawks do, you never finished the sentence. If we are talking about real "facts", can you tell me there are no kids being held back on ANY team in New [lacrosse], New Jersey, Delaware, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, South Carolina, Colorado, Michigan, Ohio, Missouri, California, Texas, Minnesota, Maine, Georgia, Arizona, Oregon, Washington, Illinois, Indiana or any of the other lacrosse playing states in this country. The answer is simply NO, you can't say that and be factual, because somebody somewhere has them, yes even in the great state of Long Island there are kids being held back. I know it is prevalent with the private school sector but to lump everyone together and label them cheaters is a little ridiculous when everyone in the lacrosse playing country is doing the same thing.

I'd actually be willing to guarantee they all do. Even more reason for everyone to stop whining about the Crabs and get their own houses in order. Funny thing is, since everyone is doing it, kind of makes it all even - crazy but true!

You missed my point, I'm talking about teams have one somewhere, not built their program on it like crabs, fca etc i don't think crabnation should be talking about order to anyone. I also was not saying because every state somewhere has that it is right. Make your own twisted argument, don't twist my words[/quote]

That's odd - I don't see any twisting of words at all. You said "somebody somewhere has them" and "I know it is prevalent with the private school sector but to lump everyone together and label them cheaters is a little ridiculous when everyone in the lacrosse playing country is doing the same thing."
I said "I'd actually be willing to guarantee they all do. Even more reason for everyone to stop whining about the Crabs and get their own houses in order." meaning, you said everyone is doing the same thing, and I agreed that they are. Then I simply stated that the funny part of that is, when you're all cheating, it almost evens things up. If everyone in the MLB sneaks pine tar onto their bats, no one gets the advantage, do they? Where's the twist?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at the Hershey tournament schedule for the 2020s - notice Hogan has his 2020 team PLAYING UP in the U15 division. You would NEVER see the Crabs organization do that....

Kudos to Hogan

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd actually be willing to guarantee they all do. Even more reason for everyone to stop whining about the Crabs and get their own houses in order. Funny thing is, since everyone is doing it, kind of makes it all even - crazy but true!

You missed my point, I'm talking about teams have one somewhere, not built their program on it like crabs, fca etc i don't think crabnation should be talking about order to anyone. I also was not saying because every state somewhere has that it is right. Make your own twisted argument, don't twist my words

That's odd - I don't see any twisting of words at all. You said "somebody somewhere has them" and "I know it is prevalent with the private school sector but to lump everyone together and label them cheaters is a little ridiculous when everyone in the lacrosse playing country is doing the same thing."
I said "I'd actually be willing to guarantee they all do. Even more reason for everyone to stop whining about the Crabs and get their own houses in order." meaning, you said everyone is doing the same thing, and I agreed that they are. Then I simply stated that the funny part of that is, when you're all cheating, it almost evens things up. If everyone in the MLB sneaks pine tar onto their bats, no one gets the advantage, do they? Where's the twist? [/quote]
Where's the twist, where's the twist
There's no pine tar in lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I said "I'd actually be willing to guarantee they all do. Even more reason for everyone to stop whining about the Crabs and get their own houses in order." meaning, you said everyone is doing the same thing, and I agreed that they are. Then I simply stated that the funny part of that is, when you're all cheating, it almost evens things up. If everyone in the MLB sneaks pine tar onto their bats, no one gets the advantage, do they? Where's the twist?

Where's the twist, where's the twist
There's no pine tar in lacrosse [/quote]

"There's no pine tar in lacrosse" Congrats - that level of intellect perfectly justifies an academic holdback. And good news - it won't cost you a dime, cause you're "special"...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at the Hershey tournament schedule for the 2020s - notice Hogan has his 2020 team PLAYING UP in the U15 division. You would NEVER see the Crabs organization do that....

Kudos to Hogan

Where do you see that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To say the great state of Long Island has any abundance of hold backs is a lie. The only one I know of is being shunned and vilified as he should be. We do not have many prep schools on L.I. and we don't need to cheat. I am watching, as I write this, 91 "crush" your crabs at an age appropriate tournament. All of you, Quint Kessenich, U.S. lacrosse, Lacrosse Mag.Inside lacrosse, can all talk up Maryland all you like but the truth is your kids aren't as talented as they are on l.I

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To say the great state of Long Island has any abundance of hold backs is a lie. The only one I know of is being shunned and vilified as he should be. We do not have many prep schools on L.I. and we don't need to cheat. I am watching, as I write this, 91 "crush" your crabs at an age appropriate tournament. All of you, Quint Kessenich, U.S. lacrosse, Lacrosse Mag.Inside lacrosse, can all talk up Maryland all you like but the truth is your kids aren't as talented as they are on l.I

Does anyone want to post the population of LI compared to Maryland. LI is 7.5 mill Maryland is 5.9 mill

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
L.i. Has a much larger population to pull from.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 2022 is also playing up at Hershey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After watching high level club teams play for three years I strongly believe that the LI kids are a tougher grittier group of kids than the DMV kids. When taking into consideration the number of holdbacks within the DMV elite programs in comparison to the none / very few holdbacks within the LI programs, the separation of play, skills and talent is even more impressive! Objective MD observer!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After watching high level club teams play for three years I strongly believe that the LI kids are a tougher grittier group of kids than the DMV kids. When taking into consideration the number of holdbacks within the DMV elite programs in comparison to the none / very few holdbacks within the LI programs, the separation of play, skills and talent is even more impressive! Objective MD observer!

100% agree

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kudos to Hogan

It is an age based division and they have summer birthdays so they HAVE to play U15 . They are simply playing them where they belong and following their owners rules. They do not have holdbacks on the team but they do have June, July and August birthdays making them ineligible for U13. They are NOT playing up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Award-winning analysis.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are the fool who cant follow logic. Dropping date to May 1 was made for one reason. To let more holdbacks/prefirsts in. Who is the king of holdbacks/prefirst. Do you even need an answer.We all know. No other reason. If not why not follow clear USL guidelines, or maybe add in August, maybe July at most. But to go to May 1. Yea right ... This gave an advantage to teams that draw holdbacks as YOU STILL NEEDED TO BE ON GRADE ... Just cause they allowed May 1 doesnt help any programs that dont have the mentality of the Maryland privates and a few others with holdbacks/prefirsts. Crabs probably wanted a Jan 1 deadline or earlier..

I know your brain is fried from the defeat but it is simple logic. And nice try with the child who is huge and proper age. So what?? Kids come in many shapes and sizes who said different??? And the lap thing?? another logic argument that would have landed to a F!
--------------------------------------------------------

Witty. The only part that you're correct on is that your argument is simple - but it's not logical (go and look up Webster's definition of "logic", I think you're a little confused). So, the Crabs are so influential that they were able to garner a May 1 cutoff? You're a moron. Once again - and try to follow along - the rules were the same for everyone who entered the tourney. That's the logic that is not difficult to follow. I'm just taking a guess here, but I'd gather that your full-time job isn't traveling around the country checking birth certificates for youth lax, so you're just spewing completely uninformed crap now every time you say "holdback/prefirst" with your only backup being "everyone knows" and "I read on this forum" and "everyone says" so by God, it must be true.

The point with the kid who is the proper age is that I'm 100% positive that you'd watch the game, see him next to your little Johhny, and say "no way that kid is 13 - he's got to be a 2018". And you'd be wrong (again). But you helped to prove my point with your statement - "kids come in all shapes and sizes", so how do you know who is a holdback and who is just bigger for their age? Again, you're not checking birth certificates and transcripts. Please don't come unarmed to a battle of wits, quit while you're behind.

Trying to get you to understand about being in grade and age is useless. They dont go hand in hand in MD lacrosse like other states. Especially at the private schools.
So your simple argument comes down to since I cant tell who is a holdback/prefirst keep my mouth shut! Too Funny Crab Holdback/prefirst apologist. I have two children in a MIAA school. I am aware of all the shenanigans that go on with the children and holding them back. It is a shame it has bleed over into youth lacrosse. Crabs had some incredible teams when they were U13AA and U15AA and their HS teams. Their promotion of Grade base youth teams is a money play and a way for Crabs to game the system at youth level to their advantage. Disgusting behavior and completely opposite of all we are taught about the character of youth athletics and its competing in it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They could be playing in the 2020A division where they would not break a sweat. That is how the Crabs would do it. So - again - kudos to Hogan. RM could learn a thing or two....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are the fool who cant follow logic. Dropping date to May 1 was made for one reason. To let more holdbacks/prefirsts in. Who is the king of holdbacks/prefirst. Do you even need an answer.We all know. No other reason. If not why not follow clear USL guidelines, or maybe add in August, maybe July at most. But to go to May 1. Yea right ... This gave an advantage to teams that draw holdbacks as YOU STILL NEEDED TO BE ON GRADE ... Just cause they allowed May 1 doesnt help any programs that dont have the mentality of the Maryland privates and a few others with holdbacks/prefirsts. Crabs probably wanted a Jan 1 deadline or earlier..

I know your brain is fried from the defeat but it is simple logic. And nice try with the child who is huge and proper age. So what?? Kids come in many shapes and sizes who said different??? And the lap thing?? another logic argument that would have landed to a F!

Witty. The only part that you're correct on is that your argument is simple - but it's not logical (go and look up Webster's definition of "logic", I think you're a little confused). So, the Crabs are so influential that they were able to garner a May 1 cutoff? You're a moron. Once again - and try to follow along - the rules were the same for everyone who entered the tourney. That's the logic that is not difficult to follow. I'm just taking a guess here, but I'd gather that your full-time job isn't traveling around the country checking birth certificates for youth lax, so you're just spewing completely uninformed crap now every time you say "holdback/prefirst" with your only backup being "everyone knows" and "I read on this forum" and "everyone says" so by God, it must be true.

The point with the kid who is the proper age is that I'm 100% positive that you'd watch the game, see him next to your little Johhny, and say "no way that kid is 13 - he's got to be a 2018". And you'd be wrong (again). But you helped to prove my point with your statement - "kids come in all shapes and sizes", so how do you know who is a holdback and who is just bigger for their age? Again, you're not checking birth certificates and transcripts. Please don't come unarmed to a battle of wits, quit while you're behind.

Trying to get you to understand about being in grade and age is useless. They dont go hand in hand in MD lacrosse like other states. Especially at the private schools.
So your simple argument comes down to since I cant tell who is a holdback/prefirst keep my mouth shut! Too Funny Crab Holdback/prefirst apologist. I have two children in a MIAA school. I am aware of all the shenanigans that go on with the children and holding them back. It is a shame it has bleed over into youth lacrosse. Crabs had some incredible teams when they were U13AA and U15AA and their HS teams. Their promotion of Grade base youth teams is a money play and a way for Crabs to game the system at youth level to their advantage. Disgusting behavior and completely opposite of all we are taught about the character of youth athletics and its competing in it.

I'm pretty sure that everyone is aware of the nonsense that goes on at the MD private schools - it's ridiculous, and should not be allowed to happen. But - that doesn't change the fact that the argument is factually correct - same rules and cutoff for all in the tourney. Some clubs take advantage, some don't. And yes - if you don't know who is a holdback and who isn't, you probably should keep your mouth shut, because there's no point in arrogantly claiming "Crabs are all holdbacks blah blah blah" when you are simply guessing that is true. You don't need to have a kid in an MIAA school to know that the MD teams are cheating the system, all you have to do is step out onto the lax field with them and have your kids look up in the air about a foot and say "how old are you" to one of the players on the other team, and have them hesitate and say "um, 12. wait, I mean 13" and/or "hey - what grade are you in" and have them answer with no hesitation "10th - what about you" (yes, this happened at Young Guns this weekend - in 2019. And it wasn't a Crabs team. For real. Really!), and you have your answer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think many top programs from outside the hotbeds have a handful (or two) of kids too old for a 9/1 cutoff. Md may do it more than LI, but unfortunately it's pretty common. Holdbacks, though, appears to be more of a prep school issue, whether Md., the NE or boarding schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
believe the tournaments Looney's won was Lax Splash, Vail, and Young Guns.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think many top programs from outside the hotbeds have a handful (or two) of kids too old for a 9/1 cutoff. Md may do it more than LI, but unfortunately it's pretty common. Holdbacks, though, appears to be more of a prep school issue, whether Md., the NE or boarding schools.

I would agree that it is in other areas as well.But to a lesser extent and more spread out. Baltimore has 6 private MIAA schools within 15-20 minuets of each other. I suspect all these holdbacks/prefirsts in one area leads to a concentration unlike other areas. Crabs, FCA, Breakers,etc all practice at these schools and of course get many of these players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kudos to Hogan

It is an age based division and they have summer birthdays so they HAVE to play U15 . They are simply playing them where they belong and following their owners rules. They do not have holdbacks on the team but they do have June, July and August birthdays making them ineligible for U13. They are NOT playing up.

Hawks Green is already playing 2020a - they can't put their A& AA together and their their ages align with the U15b. They are playing B-not A as a AA. They will do fine although their competition may not be thrilled. No second year 15s allowed in B either so this is the correct place for 2020 AAs with older kids and they should excel.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is pre-first? Does that set a kid back an entire year or just something for kids that would otherwise be young for their grade?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so that gives you the O.K. to cheat? If your state can't support the amount of clubs than stop creating clubs. Field 1 or 2 and compete on an even playing field against our 4 or 5. Don't cheat and say we have more kids to choose from to justify it. Our boys are just better admit it, they train harder, spend more time on the wall, and play better team ball and no matter how much money you spend that will be the case for the foreseeable future.On L.I. it is still a scarlet letter to be held back a year (recalassed if you like but held back is what it is). No matter how much of a bias you people down south create our boys are still better. Maybe U.S. lacrosse should move there headquarters to the Island so they can see lacrosse played without the holdback cheaters then maybe they will change the rules. Despite what you outsiders think in Md. Pa. and N.E. we don't have the reclass problem here, like you guys do there. Go read the Chaminade thread on this site and you can see that it is basically a vilified practice that will get you shunned on L.I.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is pre-first? Does that set a kid back an entire year or just something for kids that would otherwise be young for their grade?

MIAA schools will put kids in prefirst that have summer birthdays so that they are more mature and better prepared to start 1st grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think anyone is having trouble understanding the holdback/prefirst discussion (although they are two different things - not entering your son into 1st grade because he may not be academically ready/mature enough is not exactly the same as holding him back to gain an advantage over other players in 7th/8th grade, unless you have a crystal ball which informs you your newborn will be a lax star). I do think that implying you are some sort of expert on holdbacks and know it all because you supposedly have 2 kids in an MIAA school is ridiculous. I routinely go to the doctor and watch House, but last time I checked no one is paying me to do open heart surgery.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MIAA schools will put kids in prefirst that have summer birthdays so that they are more mature and better prepared to start 1st grade.

Exactly what it is, thank you. But to listen to other posters in the forum, it is also a way to make sure your kindergartener throw a lacrosse ball harder and more accurately than the one next door.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
pre1st is not just for summer birthdays as the poster suggests. It is most often simply an extra year that private schools encourage before starting first grade. Regardless of why it is done, and would agree it is not done for sports reasons, it does make kids up to a full year older then their counterparts . If they need to do it for academics and socialization, it is great. For sports they should remain in the grade that their age would dictate by that state's standards. Most holdbacks go to MIAA schools which after taking a pre-1st then gives them up to a 2 year age advantage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so that gives you the O.K. to cheat? If your state can't support the amount of clubs than stop creating clubs. Field 1 or 2 and compete on an even playing field against our 4 or 5. Don't cheat and say we have more kids to choose from to justify it. Our boys are just better admit it, they train harder, spend more time on the wall, and play better team ball and no matter how much money you spend that will be the case for the foreseeable future.On L.I. it is still a scarlet letter to be held back a year (recalassed if you like but held back is what it is). No matter how much of a bias you people down south create our boys are still better. Maybe U.S. lacrosse should move there headquarters to the Island so they can see lacrosse played without the holdback cheaters then maybe they will change the rules. Despite what you outsiders think in Md. Pa. and N.E. we don't have the reclass problem here, like you guys do there. Go read the Chaminade thread on this site and you can see that it is basically a vilified practice that will get you shunned on L.I.

With the exception of the private school kids, holding back is viewed the same way by most Marylanders. Unfortunately, the holdbacks all seem to gravitate to the same teams ie Crabs who then go out and represent themselves as The best of Maryland. There are kids in Maryland who work just as hard as most of the kids on LI (obviously remove Crush from this as those boys are disciplined)and the rest of us don't appreciate being tarnished because of the MIAA. Also unfortunately, the holdback kids who do not make Crabs end up sprinkled amongst some of the other teams which is very frustrating to on age kids who work hard. My sons team has zero holdbacks and is competitive -are they the best? No, but they are honest which to us is much more important.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think anyone is having trouble understanding the holdback/prefirst discussion (although they are two different things - not entering your son into 1st grade because he may not be academically ready/mature enough is not exactly the same as holding him back to gain an advantage over other players in 7th/8th grade, unless you have a crystal ball which informs you your newborn will be a lax star). I do think that implying you are some sort of expert on holdbacks and know it all because you supposedly have 2 kids in an MIAA school is ridiculous. I routinely go to the doctor and watch House, but last time I checked no one is paying me to do open heart surgery.

You are too funny. Your analogies about a doctor are what I would expect from an holdback apologist. Your analogies,logic and arguments are so far off that they are actually funny! If you think all the prefirsts are held back due to academic standards you must have your head completely up RM's butt and cant see any light! And there is a bridge in LI I want to sell you too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
pre1st is not just for summer birthdays as the poster suggests. It is most often simply an extra year that private schools encourage before starting first grade. Regardless of why it is done, and would agree it is not done for sports reasons, it does make kids up to a full year older then their counterparts . If they need to do it for academics and socialization, it is great. For sports they should remain in the grade that their age would dictate by that state's standards. Most holdbacks go to MIAA schools which after taking a pre-1st then gives them up to a 2 year age advantage.

Many children and parents at MIAA schools have no choice about prefirst. If their child is born in June,July,Aug they are strongly encouraged not to go on to first grade. Basically they couldn't take on the high academic standards of First grade or their kindergarten student wasn't mature to take on the rigors of first grade. This is prior to first grade. The class has its on grade and classroom called prefirst.

But any parent may have his child held back in kindergarten regardless of birthday. And many MIAA ( along with many other private schools) take advantage of this. If you think the only reason is maturity it isnt. Why have your child behind a bunch of older children. Many parents with high income see that, and hold their children back. I noticed that many children held back without summer birthdays were children of parents who had played sports at a high level.

There is so many children heldback at these schools there is NO STIGMA attached to it, Actually many prefirst kids are told that they will be the leaders in first grade by their teachers. Which they should be as they will be a year older than the rest. Some assimilate without a problem in lower grades but many look out of place at these young ages.Worst part to me is many of these children shouldnt have been held back.

It probably would have remained a private school thing except that it has now had some impact on youth lacrosse. and people are passionate about lacrosse in Balt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are too funny. Your analogies about a doctor are what I would expect from an holdback apologist. Your analogies,logic and arguments are so far off that they are actually funny! If you think all the prefirsts are held back due to academic standards you must have your head completely up RM's butt and cant see any light! And there is a bridge in LI I want to sell you too.

I know, the arguments and analogies are pretty good, aren't they? Nothing for you to say - it's tough to be trumped by superior intellect. Maybe your parents should have held you back and you'd be able to keep up ;-)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sure it makes sense - most Maryland teams would have no problem meeting the age requirements. Contrary to your opinion, all Maryland teams DO NOT have holdbacks and some work very hard to make sure they do not. This post is just trying to bring everyone down to Crabs level. The proof would be that they could show up to play at any age/grade tournament and qualify. Crabs would never do that. There is a big difference between what FCA does with respect to bringing age appropriate players that play up (ie legitimate 2020AA players who also play 2019AA) to play with their own grade/age group and what Crabs does by playing down with older kids in younger age groups. Do not pull all mid Atlantic teams into the mudpile with you.

Actually FCA 2020 brought 5 players down from AA to A in Young Guns to "fill out their roster", and they still couldn't pass and catch. Personally, I'd rather mix age than skill level - that's very unChristian of them... [/quote]

This tournament had two good teams, the rest were just ok. Compare the performance of all the other teams, ex. Crush and Crabs and you will see they all get routinely beat up by the other stronger East Coast teams from LI, MA, and MD. Crabs being at this tourney means nothing, they should've stayed home and played in Young Guns where they could've used hold backs to compete.[/quote]

Spoken like a true observer who watched from home rather than from in the stands...

Not going to fly across the country on 4th of July to watch my son play Crush when we can accomplish that on the east coast. Only reason to do it I guess would've been to play he Crabs without all the holdback so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just so outsiders know, the "holdbacks" and prefirst kids are limited to Gilman, Boys Latin, McDodogh and StPauls kids. The catholic schools, Calvert Hall and Loyola don't do that nonsense. They may get a few transfers but as a whole, they are the correct age. Look at Conrad, the best player in the country and UA all star MVP. He is an 18 year old who plays 3 sports. the Kellys at CHC are the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just so outsiders know, the "holdbacks" and prefirst kids are limited to Gilman, Boys Latin, McDodogh and StPauls kids. The catholic schools, Calvert Hall and Loyola don't do that nonsense. They may get a few transfers but as a whole, they are the correct age. Look at Conrad, the best player in the country and UA all star MVP. He is an 18 year old who plays 3 sports. the Kellys at CHC are the same.

Are you serious? Maybe that's because Loyola starts in 6th grade and CHC starts in 9th. Kind of hard to prefirst kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you serious? Maybe that's because Loyola starts in 6th grade and CHC starts in 9th. Kind of hard to prefirst kids.

That was my point. Not all MIAA schools have "hold backs". Both Loyola and CHC have won the MIAA In the past few years with kids who are the correct age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is my point. The best player in the country went to Loyola and he was not a "holdback". Conrad played 3 sports and could never have played for Team 91 with their "rules".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds to me like crab went across the country thinking they could beat crush without their holdbacks unfortunately they found out that Long Island is stronger when playing at appropriate levels. If all of you Maryland parent don't think that these prep schools don't sell themselves on how strong their sports programs are you are mistaken. You all think you are so much smarter than everybody else but you are being sold a bill of goods and are too Obamafied to know it. You and your children are being told that institutionalized cheating is ok so long as you have a reason no matter how thin, but cheating is still cheating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is my point. The best player in the country went to Loyola and he was not a "holdback". Conrad played 3 sports and could never have played for Team 91 with their "rules".

Not sure what that means. The commentator formDenver was talking about different players from both 91 and Crabs and thought he had noted several of the players were multi sport including 91 players. There were swimmers, gymnasts and soccer players to name a few.

Like Reply Quote
Page 53 of 128 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard