BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,892
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 46 of 128 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I call BS on the Crabs only having a few that were not affected by the age cut off. 2020 is full of holdbacks. The team that played at Beach Lax certainly isn't playing in Denver....

Crabs are cheaters - no two ways about it.

I call BS on the fact that you have any idea what you are talking about. There are no "holdbacks" in 7th grade. There are some kids that went to prefirst but only a few of them were born before the 5/1/2001 cutoff. Obviously you have no idea how this works. Kids aren't being held back until they have completed 8th grade.

So wrong. There are kids that "hold backs" early and during middle school. Hold back refers to any grade repeated a second time - not just 8th grade. Perhaps it is you who thinks you know what is going on when all around you something else is happening. Additionally "just a few" is still a few too many. 5/1 was a generous cut off created for Denver to account for some summer birthdays of true non Pre-1st , non holdback kids.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The crabs 2020 team that played in NPYLL had holdbacks. I know kids on that team. The crabs 2020 team that played at Beach Lax most certainly had holdbacks - so - actually I do know what I am talking about.

Crabs cheat. Its a fact.

The regular team has holdbacks too. Just not 8th grade holdbacks because they have not gotten to 8th grade yet. Some are holdbacks and some were pre-1st but they do not meet the 5/1 cut off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The crabs 2020 team that played in NPYLL had holdbacks. I know kids on that team. The crabs 2020 team that played at Beach Lax most certainly had holdbacks - so - actually I do know what I am talking about.

Crabs cheat. Its a fact.

My point is, kids that repeat grades in elementary school do so for academic reasons based on their test scores when they apply to these schools. I agree that the kids repeating 8th grade are taking advantage of the system. The NPYLL 2020 crabs do not have any kids that repeated a grade for lacrosse reasons. It was wrong what they did at Beach Lax. We'll see what happens in Denver

How is it that so many kids that need to repeat for purely academic reasons prior to 8th grade all end up on the same team? Odd. Very odd.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs cheat. Its a fact.

My point is, kids that repeat grades in elementary school do so for academic reasons based on their test scores when they apply to these schools. I agree that the kids repeating 8th grade are taking advantage of the system. The NPYLL 2020 crabs do not have any kids that repeated a grade for lacrosse reasons. It was wrong what they did at Beach Lax. We'll see what happens in Denver

if kids repeat a grade for academic reasons they shouldn't be playing against kids who are a year younger. The NPYLL 2020 players who repeated a grade for academic reasons should be playing 2019!

That makes no sense. Why would they play 2019 when they graduate in 2020?

Because their age dictates their true grade should be 2019. You are okay with a bunch of kids that have been held back for "academic" reasons playing kids a year or in some cases 2 years younger than them? Dangerous and an unfair advantage regardless of what the parents want everyone else to believe their reason for holding back. If it was purely for academic reasons they would play with their original grade on club so as to maintain their sports finesse, remain competitive etc. with kids their own age but instead take the easy way out by playing down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they are in the class of 2020, they can play for a 2020 team.

No rules are being broken. Get some new panties.

Wear some big boy undies and have them play where their age group plays instead of having them play down to try and show their superior skills against kids younger then them. You have manipulated the rule and can not even see what you are doing is wrong on a character level and in terms of sportsmanship.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Can" and "should" are two entirely different things but great lesson those boys are being taught. May they never encounter true difficulties in life that daddy can not fix or manipulate for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is truly amazing how many parents allow and encourage their kids to play down, it is absolutely absurd that parents and coaches defend and encourage this.

The idea that kids who failed phonics and were held back can now compete and play against kids a year less mature and physically developed is an embarrassment to your organization and you as a human being!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely, too bad they are not good enough to play on age or play up. Playing down is for the WEAK! Who plays with younger kids and really feels HAPPY about having to play down. Those are some panties I would not want my kid wearing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was a reason why the Crabs did not play in the NPYLL in 2014. The reason being - it was age based. Couldn't compete without holdbacks so they opted out. The no rules are being broken in cop out. The spirit of the rules are being broken. When I see those crab teams come out with those giant kids - I just laugh. Its hilarious to see them play the age correct teams. I just don't understand how their parents can permit it to occur.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was a reason why the Crabs did not play in the NPYLL in 2014. The reason being - it was age based. Couldn't compete without holdbacks so they opted out. The no rules are being broken in cop out. The spirit of the rules are being broken. When I see those crab teams come out with those giant kids - I just laugh. Its hilarious to see them play the age correct teams. I just don't understand how their parents can permit it to occur.

If you had any brains, you'd know that the Crabs co-founded the NPYLL. They were dominant when it was age-based and they are dominant now that it's grade based.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks and bigger kids are always going to be there - you can't ban them from lacrosse and playing at their grade level. A better solution to even things out would be to give smaller kids the option to play back a grade level like they do in another contact sport -- football. That way a parent who is concerned about their childs safety has a choice of what level his kid plays at rather than being forced to play against bigger kids. It would be very easy to institute some weight guidelines for playbacks at each grade level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you can find one former college all American who holds back their son I would be surprised. Every one of these hold backs are from parents who never played the game or played it very poorly!! If I told my friends my son was holding back my former teamates would bust my balls relentasly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks and bigger kids are always going to be there - you can't ban them from lacrosse and playing at their grade level. A better solution to even things out would be to give smaller kids the option to play back a grade level like they do in another contact sport -- football. That way a parent who is concerned about their childs safety has a choice of what level his kid plays at rather than being forced to play against bigger kids. It would be very easy to institute some weight guidelines for playbacks at each grade level.

Why punish the kids who are on age and did not hold back? The ones ruining the sport are the ones manipulating the rules by playing with younger kids. Ridiculous idea to further the agenda of the holdbacks when what they are doing is wrong. Just have the holdbacks play with their own age and with the grade they should be and then nobody has to be forced to play up and nobody is allowed to play down. After all, if they are only holding back for academics then they should have no issue staying with their proper age group club team. Let the schools that create the problem worry about them playing the other holdbacks between. MIAA schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did the Crabs teams not play NPYLL in 2014? As a founding member - does not make much sense?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dumbest thing I ever read

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you had any brains, you'd know that the Crabs co-founded the NPYLL. They were dominant when it was age-based and they are dominant now that it's grade based.

And they consistently play kids 12 - 18 months older than their competition!

Cheating has always been around, they just mastered it and made it an accepted practice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about we treat everyone the same - weight guidelines for ALL kids at each grade level - what a novel concept.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about we treat everyone the same - weight guidelines for ALL kids at each grade level - what a novel concept.

Are you going to use what the average kid in that grade should weigh as the range and standard? in which case the effect is the same-the holdbacks will have to play with their original grade. Which is exactly where they belong. You don't make kids playback to adjust for others that are playing down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I find so ironic is if you read the comments by some on this board you would be led to believe that there are only 22-25 Baltimore area kids a year recruited for D1 Lacrosse and they are all Crabs players. I would suggest to you narcissistic (holdback) Crabs parents that you take a look at Lax Powers recruiting page.

If your son has D1 talent he will be found. That's what the well established scouting system is for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look MD stop feeling so inferior
Bottomine your kids are older it makes a difference and it's ok
The coaches know we know and it's fine just stop defending what is the wY it is LI kids pksyjng vs same birth year beat the MD teams
That's not being nasty it's JUST the Truth. Both regions produce great players
U just do it your way and we do it ours. Stop pretending it's a level field. We are ok with it But yourb7 yr old is as good as ours. BUT your 2025 isn't he's just older. Go to Hopkins HOF most members are from LI

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs stinks but does produce verbals. Take a look at the ones that have quit or failed out. Test tubes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look L.I. get an education and realize this holdback thing is a small cross section of MD private school kids. Attacking all of MD Lacrosse players happens to show your ignorance. It's ok though because we love to watch you clowns parade up and down the sidelines coaching your little superstar while making the entire tournament about you and not your son. Realize as you do the "village idiot act" on the sidelines we just laugh at you. Priceless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look L.I. get an education and realize this holdback thing is a small cross section of MD private school kids. Attacking all of MD Lacrosse players happens to show your ignorance. It's ok though because we love to watch you clowns parade up and down the sidelines coaching your little superstar while making the entire tournament about you and not your son. Realize as you do the "village idiot act" on the sidelines we just laugh at you. Priceless.

And just like your small cross section of MD, that is a small cross section of LI parents- your post is pretty funny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truth hurts doesn't it L.I., don't let facts get in the way of your argument.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truth hurts doesn't it L.I., don't let facts get in the way of your argument.

Um- what is your argument? That not everyone in MD holds back- we know this- just the wealthy- private school kids and not everyone on LI makes the game about their own kid? Where is the disagreement? Although I'd like to talk about some of the lunatic MD parents as well- but I suppose I'd be a lunatic if my kid was benched while older kids played or my older child was losing to a younger team. Such is life, play on! Enjoy the rest of the season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won CrabFeast today, we were eliminated early

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FCA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FCA

Thanks, I love how King Crab changed the seedings so Crabs didn't have to play Team 91 in the quartefinals like they should have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure that FCA beating his vaunted Crab's team in the semi's and winning the 2018 Crab Feast was a worst case scenario for King Crab!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FCA

Thanks, I love how King Crab changed the seedings so Crabs didn't have to play Team 91 in the quartefinals like they should have.

Crabs always find ways to cheat and scam the system!

Glad to see the talent is spreading out more in the Baltimore area. Crabs aren't the top dogs anymore at every age level. FCA, Looney's, Hawks all have caught up at various different levels and FCA is in position to pass Crabs!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs parent here. Actually, FCA beat Crabs in double overtime in the semis. Very close game. Crabs congratulated FCA on their championship win over Mesa Fresh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs parent here. Actually, FCA beat Crabs in double overtime in the semis. Very close game. Crabs congratulated FCA on their championship win over Mesa Fresh.

Non Crabs parent here. Most double overtime games are very close, always decided by one goal. Congratulating the winning team, doesn't mean you enjoy it, it just means you did the right thing for once. It still doesn't explain king crab ignoring the rules and changing the seedings to avoid Team 91 on Sunday morning. Crabs should have played Mesa Fresh in the semis, I guess he changed the seedings again. SHOCKER Non Crab Parent signing off

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hard to be proud of Jr. when he is 2 years older than competition. In your heart you know he's an average 10th grader playing against 8th graders. I feel sorry for you MD types...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hard to be proud of Jr. when he is 2 years older than competition. In your heart you know he's an average 10th grader playing against 8th graders. I feel sorry for you MD types...

So how did T91 lose yesterday at Crabfeast, did Prime Time have an abundance of holdbacks or is there another "reason" for falling short.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure Ryan McClernan has no angst over a club in his town surpassing Crabs at his tournament. Anyone interested in a land deal in the Florida swamp lands?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I'm sure Ryan McClernan has no angst over a club in his town surpassing Crabs at his tournament. Anyone interested in a land deal in the Florida swamp lands?

Don't think he's too upset, he's to busy counting you suckers money. Laughing all the way to the bank. My kind of anxiety.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So how did T91 lose yesterday at Crabfeast, did Prime Time have an abundance of holdbacks or is there another "reason" for falling short.

While I am against holding back for the sake of a sport, I would love to see a true game played with kids the same ages on the field. Wonder what would happen if T91 matched each kid by birthdate with each kid from a holdback team. I think as someone pointed out earlier, once everyone takes advantage of the loop hole, there will be no more advantage. Holdback parents and directors of clubs that promote this, just may find themselves wishing they did not so proudly display their advantage because others might decide to jump on the bandwagon and then what????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While I am against holding back for the sake of a sport, I would love to see a true game played with kids the same ages on the field. Wonder what would happen if T91 matched each kid by birthdate with each kid from a holdback team. I think as someone pointed out earlier, once everyone takes advantage of the loop hole, there will be no more advantage. Holdback parents and directors of clubs that promote this, just may find themselves wishing they did not so proudly display their advantage because others might decide to jump on the bandwagon and then what????

So are you saying Prime Time has holdbacks, that is why they lost

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually I have no idea, this is not my sons team. I just suspect holdback teams would be in for a ride if a LI team showed up with players matching their own in birth age. Imagine if Extreme or Turtles played down a year? Some of these older LI players actually fit the bill for MD age cut off and wouldnt even be considered playing down as they woukd be age appropriate. I wouldnt be surprised if things change in a year or two and clubs restructure to become on par with other states, that is if US Lax doesn't institute something first.

And winning isn't really the end all at this age- it's about being recruited. But congrats to all that do take a championship!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PT has no holdbacks that I know of - a good team that had a great day. Does it mean they are better than 91? No, but that day they were.
People have to stop being surprised when certain clubs lose every once in a while. As the kids get older, the talent / size gaps will narrow.

Like Reply Quote
Page 46 of 128 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard