BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,756
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Girls 2021 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well, I think the changing of tournament participation is a kind of natural phenomenon and has to do with the life cycle of the tournament scene as new tournaments rise and old ones fall. Also, I think there are a lot of trade offs and "political" motivations behind which tournaments organizations choose to participate in.

Finally, the quality and number of teams going to the National Draw has been slipping the past few years and it looks like it got to a tipping point of sorts as far as M&D is concerned.

Also look at the list of college coaches attending, this tournament has certainly slipped heavily on that front too! Too big and competition too watered down.
I would rather lose to M&D every week than drive to NJ and play so many weak teams. 2021 YJ Blue won 13-3, 13-0, 13-0, 6-0, 5-1, the last two being twenty minute playoff games. Our growing rivalry with M&D has so far been so much more competitive for all girls involved. Both teams are also developing a growing respect for each other, as are the parents. I wish we could align ourselves to play them at every tournament. Since we are getting older we have noticed the Maryland tournaments are run so much better and competition is so much stronger. It will only make our girls better. Hoping to see them at the Prime time summer slam at Goucher college.

Has the 2021 YJ Team beaten 2021 M&D Black this year?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, I think the changing of tournament participation is a kind of natural phenomenon and has to do with the life cycle of the tournament scene as new tournaments rise and old ones fall. Also, I think there are a lot of trade offs and "political" motivations behind which tournaments organizations choose to participate in.

Finally, the quality and number of teams going to the National Draw has been slipping the past few years and it looks like it got to a tipping point of sorts as far as M&D is concerned.

Also look at the list of college coaches attending, this tournament has certainly slipped heavily on that front too! Too big and competition too watered down.
I would rather lose to M&D every week than drive to NJ and play so many weak teams. 2021 YJ Blue won 13-3, 13-0, 13-0, 6-0, 5-1, the last two being twenty minute playoff games. Our growing rivalry with M&D has so far been so much more competitive for all girls involved. Both teams are also developing a growing respect for each other, as are the parents. I wish we could align ourselves to play them at every tournament. Since we are getting older we have noticed the Maryland tournaments are run so much better and competition is so much stronger. It will only make our girls better. Hoping to see them at the Prime time summer slam at Goucher college.

Nope ! .... Hard to figure out what all the talk is about ,there's M&D and then there's everyone else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope ! .... Hard to figure out what all the talk is about ,there's M&D and then there's everyone else.

Guaranteed not from an M&D parent. How's your Top Gun girls doing this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What 2021 teams made final at lax by sea and who won - thanks

Elevate and YJ made finals don't know who won

YJ. What tournament did M&D play this weekend? We should align more tournaments, really missed playing them this weekend.

M&D off this weekend. Playing at Rock the Fields in Maryland next weekend.

Good luck. Do you have any insight to why M&D bailed on National Draw?

MD only won one bracket last year, it's no longer fun or good for businees if they don't win - parents were hysterical in the parking lot after some of the games they lost

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One anonymous poster proudly states that Yellow Jackets hasn't beat M&D and the next anonymous poster tells you that M&D shies away from top competition for fear of losing.

Good thing that the parents of M&D 2021 and Yellow Jackets 2021 have already established strong mutual respect for each other or this would be effective trolling.

Instead it fails.

Both teams are outstanding and look forward to competing against each other.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ. What tournament did M&D play this weekend? We should align more tournaments, really missed playing them this weekend.

Good luck. Do you have any insight to why M&D bailed on National Draw?

MD only won one bracket last year, it's no longer fun or good for businees if they don't win - parents were hysterical in the parking lot after some of the games they lost

Nice try. The 2020's lost to TG and the 2019s lost by a goal to YJ. The 2021s won championship. What exactly would M&D be afraid of at National Draw? Have you actually looked at the teams there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That didn't matter. M&D didn't send their older teams to National Draw anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do agree based on results M&D still top dog. If you were at the three games against YJ this year I think you would be hard pressed not to say these games were highly competitive and could have gone either way (1 goal OT win, two goal win and a tie in a shortened game). I much rather paly those games and lose than have the blowouts, better for all of the players involved. Good luck to M&D Black, enjoy watching you play!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ 5-1 in a 20 minute game. Not trying to be rude, but after all the "almost" comments from last year, this was not competitive this go around. Best of luck to Elevate, they improved throughout the year in 2014 so hopefully that happens as we enjoyed the competition.

Elevate lost some talent this year. They are probably compare able to YJ B right now but it's early.

So now the discussion is who gets the nod for the second spot, elevate, TGs, YJ yellow, title nine, liberty, blue devil (or something), legacy, 91, beach bums, fl$, wave, express?????

I think it is Elevate or YJ Yellow. All of the other "top" teams like Liberty and TG find a way to never play YJ Blue. Based on schedule, Liberty 2021 not going to Babylon Lax Blast. TG Black at National Draw and for second year in the same bracket as YJ Blue and not playing each other in prelims ensuring they will not play each other, sad... I give Elevate a lot of credit as they will potentially play YJ Blue in three straight tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
elevate didn't play in the same division as yj ...they avoided playing them ..beat very weak teams then faced yj in playoffs and got crushed ...2021 yj are by far best team on long island and other club directors know it ...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
elevate didn't play in the same division as yj ...they avoided playing them ..beat very weak teams then faced yj in playoffs and got crushed ...2021 yj are by far best team on long island and other club directors know it ...

Stop with the nonsense. YJ Skak played in a pool with 3 combined 21/22 teams. So who is sandbagging?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do agree based on results M&D still top dog. If you were at the three games against YJ this year I think you would be hard pressed not to say these games were highly competitive and could have gone either way (1 goal OT win, two goal win and a tie in a shortened game). I much rather paly those games and lose than have the blowouts, better for all of the players involved. Good luck to M&D Black, enjoy watching you play!!!

YJ and M&D 2021 are two very equal teams. So far our girls have gotten the best by a goal here or a goal there but there is not a parent on either team that does not recognize those are two very equal teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop with the nonsense. YJ Skak played in a pool with 3 combined 21/22 teams. So who is sandbagging?

I agree, tone is not necessary. I give credit to Elevate, only LI team willing to step-up and play YJ Blue on a consistent basis. They play in prelim round at National Draw so does not appear Elevate is ducking anyone. TG a different story...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are all a bunch of idiots. No one is ducking any team , the coaches and or directors don't make up their teams schedules .Have seen you conspiracy nuts post this nonsense for years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure if this was posted by a YJ parent or someone looking to stir the spit again. I am a YJ parent and how about we all just agree to comment on our own teams without knocking another club. In a few short years hopefully our daughters will be playing together somewhere in college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure if this was posted by a YJ parent or someone looking to stir the spit again. I am a YJ parent and how about we all just agree to comment on our own teams without knocking another club. In a few short years hopefully our daughters will be playing together somewhere in college.

At least one YJ Skak parent is sane. God knows the majority are crazies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not a YJ parent but my daughters have played against a bunch of YJ teams including 2021 Skak. As far as I am concerned (and I know that the other parents on our team feel the same way) the 2021 YJ Skak parents represent your organization as well as any YJ parents I have seen.

And their girls play great lacrosse. Physical but skilled. Competitive but clean. So, I would disagree that the "majority" are anything but good ambassadors for YJ's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I am not a YJ parent but my daughters have played against a bunch of YJ teams including 2021 Skak. As far as I am concerned (and I know that the other parents on our team feel the same way) the 2021 YJ Skak parents represent your organization as well as any YJ parents I have seen.

And their girls play great lacrosse. Physical but skilled. Competitive but clean. So, I would disagree that the "majority" are anything but good ambassadors for YJ's.

And I'm not saying this just because I'm a parent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2021 Skak are not totally clean. The "defend" by diggin the butts of their sticks into the lower back and hips of their opponent. This is taught in their practice so that isn't clean.
But there is no doubting their talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2021 Skak are not totally clean. The "defend" by diggin the butts of their sticks into the lower back and hips of their opponent. This is taught in their practice so that isn't clean.

I agree with this. Very talented team and the parents have been great, but all YJ players butt end attackers. Technique taught to every YJ team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with this. Very talented team and the parents have been great, but all YJ players butt end attackers. Technique taught to every YJ team.

They are actually taught to keep forearm contact but what often happens is they either over extend to make the contact, the offensive player feels the initial contact and creates separation causing the defensive player to attempt to maintain the contact (again over extending) or in an attempt to keep proper stick head angle (out of the sphere) they rotate their lower hand forward and loose proper forearm contact.
It's not intentional, they are learning to play a tight defense. The coaches never say put your butt end into someone's side.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rock The Fields is where YJ should be this weekend. The quality of teams is far superior to National Draw.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ 2021 squeaked out a one goal win over Elevate 2021 at National Draw again so it doesn't look like YJ is the powerhouse they brag to be in that age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ 2021 squeaked out a one goal win over Elevate 2021 at National Draw again so it doesn't look like YJ is the powerhouse they brag to be in that age group.

Elevate 0-5 against YJ and counting... Although today got close towards the end, YJ never trailed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate 0-5 against YJ and counting... Although today got close towards the end, YJ never trailed.

Another close elevate YJ game today. Looking forward to a rematch. Should play more on LI good competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
close is not good enough!!!
1 loss and you go home early!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
national draw

1.2021 yellow jackets
2.2021 tg
3.2021 elevate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
national draw

1.2021 yellow jackets
2.2021 tg
3.2021 elevate

Didn't TG lose to Skywalkers? That's unreal

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
national draw

1.2021 yellow jackets
2.2021 tg
3.2021 elevate

Didn't TG lose to Skywalkers? That's unreal

Skywalkers lost to Elevate and YJ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Number two tg finish was the purple team, not black.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im not sure why people (owners) keep comparing YJ and Elevate in same conversations.

FACTS
2022 YJ RUSS = CHAMPION Elevate top team 1-3

2021 YJ SKAK = CHAMPION crushing TG top team 6-0
ELEVATE 2-2 and lost to TG 2nd team
Lets see how many of these rematches Elevate tries to organize on LI with YJ SKAK

2020 YJ CURC = CHAMPION crushes TG top team 6-0
ELEVATE loses to YJ 2nd team and loses to the TG top team that YJ crushed

2019 YJ, SKYWALKER, and ELEVATE 2-0
Lets see tomorrow

2018 ELEVATE NO SHOW
2017 ELEVATE NO SHOW

There are YJ on Long Island and then a huge fall off

SKYWALKERS, TLC, MD, NEMS are the competition. It's ridiculous to put Elevate in the same discussion. No wonder they avoid YJ yet love to compare on BOTC as a side by side LI LAX organization. This is not an advertisement page DK

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#1 YJ
#2 TOP GUN PURPLE
#3 Ultimate 21 NJ (they were actually in the semis)
++ the other 8 teams that had better or equal records as ELEVATE

How do you come off posting #3 Elevate ??
State facts and not advertisement ads

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check your Facts; Seattle Division
1. Yellow Jackets 4-0
2. Top Guns Black 3-1
3. Elevate Blue 2-2 (lost to YJ & TGB)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im not sure why people (owners) keep comparing YJ and Elevate in same conversations.

FACTS

Lets see how many of these rematches Elevate tries to organize on LI with YJ SKAK

YJ Skak Beat the YG Purple Team in the finals 6-0 not the Black team. Elevate Lost to the TG Black team not their 2nd team. TG has their talent mixed up throughout their 3 teams, and there isn't much separating the 3 teams, maybe a goal or two at most.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FACTS

2020 YJ CURC = CHAMPION crushes TG top team 6-0
ELEVATE loses to YJ 2nd team and loses to the TG top team that YJ crushed

2019 YJ, SKYWALKER, and ELEVATE 2-0
Lets see tomorrow

2018 ELEVATE NO SHOW
2017 ELEVATE NO SHOW

There are YJ on Long Island and then a huge fall off

SKYWALKERS, TLC, MD, NEMS are the competition. It's ridiculous to put Elevate in the same discussion. No wonder they avoid YJ yet love to compare on BOTC as a side by side LI LAX organization. This is not an advertisement page DK

Not sure what game you watched or where you received your info from but 2020 Curcio did not "crush" TG 2020 Black in the finals! The score was 3-2 NOT 6-0

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ND Website reports that the 2020 finals score was 6-0, in favor of Curcio. Perhaps they mistakenly put the 2021 final score in for 2020 as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fact

You can't be trusted to state the facts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Black was the #2 team in the A pool, but also the only team that didn't play YJ. Playoffs were a joke - B and C pool winners played each other and A got a bye. Purple was only the #2 overall because they won the B pool, and barely beat C winner 5-4 in playoff. Would have been better games, and more representative, if A's played each other again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check your Facts; Seattle Division
1. Yellow Jackets 4-0
2. Top Guns Black 3-1
3. Elevate Blue 2-2 (lost to YJ & TGB)

Both elevate losses to both TG Black and YJ Skak were one goal games. Did TG Black and Skak play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Black was the #2 team in the A pool, but also the only team that didn't play YJ. Playoffs were a joke - B and C pool winners played each other and A got a bye. Purple was only the #2 overall because they won the B pool, and barely beat C winner 5-4 in playoff. Would have been better games, and more representative, if A's played each other again.

Maybe the teams in the other pools shouldn't make the playoffs at all huh? Heck - forget the playoffs. They shouldn't even play at all.

Win your pool.

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard