BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,968
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 36 of 128 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So you are saying all LI teams are more aggressive and skilled than their non-LI opponents.

Got it.

Pretty much, I guarantee that if you were to put teams from every region together and have the boys all be the same age, you would definitely have Long Island dominate.

I have been coaching and watching over the years on Long Island. I can tell you that I know of only a handful of kids who have reclassified. the number of these kids are minimal compared to other regions. I guarantee that 1 or 2 of the Maryland programs have more reclassifies than all of Long Island.

compare apples to apples and Long Island will always have the best tasting apples.

And apparently the most humble apples as well

More importantly, honest apples. Something you rotten apples can't deal with...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs by default because they reclassify. After that - Hawks then Breakers.

What about FCA they tied Hawks this past weekend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are many clubs with reclassified kids, you dolt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Forgetting a few. Agree Crabs by default because they are predominantly older.
Crabs
Looneys Orange
Hawks/Breakers (depends on the day as they have spilt the past two years)
FCA Blue if they bring their 4-5 2019 players down

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs
Looneys Orange

They don't bring down players because it's the league rules. They beat looneys twice and tied Hawks and tied Crabs in the fall

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. If a kid was formerly in the class of 2019 and that family decided to reclassify him, he is now in the class of 2020. You guys have myopic viewpoints because you haven't been watching lacrosse long enough, but this has been occurring without incident for years.

"It's easy to confuse what is with what ought to be, especially when what is has worked out in your favor"
-Tyrion Lannister

smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs, looneys, fca, hawks, breakers can all beat each other on any given day. No way breakers is two though. They have lost to the majority of teams here

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs
Looneys Orange

They don't bring down players because it's the league rules. They beat looneys twice and tied Hawks and tied Crabs in the fall

FCA lost to Breakers twice this season. Hawks tied Crabs in the NYPLL Championship losing by 1 in OT. Breakers beat Hawks twice this year including at Beach Lax and Hawks beat Breakers twice. Breakers tied the ramped up Crabs team at the Beach losing in over time in the playoff game. Like an earlier poster said, any given day these teams could beat one another. 2020 is a tight year. Crabs generally lead only because of their size with the holdbacks - their skills are not superior to any of the above teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what is the argument against having u9, u10, u11 and so on based off a firm birthdate? This eliminates holdbacks, and allows kids to compete against their peers.

no good argument for most hotbed areas. Some would say smaller programs or areas would have difficulty filling out single year teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about FCA they tied Hawks this past weekend
Ranking:

Crabs
Hawks
Breakers
Looneys
FCA

As far as Crabs/Crush goes, part of the issue is that Beach Lax games are played on short fields and are short-timed. On a full field with regulation time, Crush smokes Crabs. Crabs is not much better than Hawks, Breakers, FCA or Looneys. We are from Baltimore and have played them all.

As for the holdbacks on Crabs, it is a fact that they have 8 holdbacks from Mater Dei and other private schools. I do not know who they brought down for Beach Lax, but they played with 8 all year. If they brought down 2-3 more, then they had 10-11 for Crush. Sad, but true.

Yes they brought down 5 more in addition to their usual 8 everyone knew about. Of the new additions, one was Gilman, one was Boy's Latin and not sure what the private school affiliations are of the others but they were all 2019 Fall and Spring season switching to 2020 this past weekend as the private schools graduated in last two weeks. Very sad indeed. Takes reclassing to a whole new in your face level.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2019's wanted to play down with the 2020's because they are going to be 2020's next season and they are not getting any playing time on the 2019 team because of the former 2018's that are now 2019's - vicious cycle with that Crabs program! If you cannot beat them, join them says one Crab parent to another!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what is the argument against having u9, u10, u11 and so on based off a firm birthdate? This eliminates holdbacks, and allows kids to compete against their peers.

no good argument for most hotbed areas. Some would say smaller programs or areas would have difficulty filling out single year teams

Grade based started at the the HS level to make it easier for college coaches to know what they were looking at. It has trickled down to the younger levels, probably for the same reasons as kids transition from middle school to HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two of the 'new' boys playing for the Crabs were 2020's that are in 7th grade in VA - class of 2020. One of them played in the fall too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should wait until the end of the summer to see who has the best run for '20

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for the Annapolis hawks. I know the coaches at crabs and breakers. They are good people. You need to stop crying and your kid probably needs more heart.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for the Annapolis hawks. I know the coaches at crabs and breakers. They are good people. You need to stop crying and your kid probably needs more heart.

Ok, we'll do that but tell them to stop cheating

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ripping a kid, your a mature adult! Glad you know some coaches, maybe you should teach them integrity!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two of the 'new' boys playing for the Crabs were 2020's that are in 7th grade in VA - class of 2020. One of them played in the fall too.

That's great, glad to hear, they'll need players that can play in Denver.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem that exists with the Crabs organization is that reclassification is a strategy they imploy across the board in order to gain an unfair advantage. It's systemic, it's well known and it is damaging the integrity of the game.

NPYLL and tournaments need to address the Crabs reclassification scheme and not allow them to play players that are deemed to be too old.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me get this right the 91 kids played against Crab kids who according to MD Dad are a year or two older bigger and faster with more lacrosse skill and IQ... and they only lost by one goal in OT and you question their heart while praising coaches with questionable ethics and morals..Maybe you need to look in the mirror as you are part of the problem..Karma is a [lacrosse]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean your kid needs to be held back Right?? Then he can compete with the other one to two year older hearts. Too Funny tough guy name dropper

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are easy to pick out in the championship photo because they have the clean uniforms since they did not play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They had more coaches than players at the beach. Now that's instruction.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
13 holdbacks???? That is just pathetic. The fact that these other teams are coming so close to beating them says a lot about the young talent in the area that is being nurtured by the organizations that go about this the right way. I still can't fathom a parent allowing some 7th or 8th grade lacrosse coach convincing them to them to hold a kid back. What is wrong with people?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take a look at the Crabs website under the college commits section and tell me their formula is flawed. Like it or not they are the only club that is in lock step with how the D1 recruiting game is played. It's about a bigger picture with crabs....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bigger picture? The Crabs and any other team that promotes this systematic approach of reclassification to win games are putting other children in danger. In the case of the 2020 crabs you have 6 foot post pubescent kids playing against 5 foot 100pd players. It's dangerous, it ruins the game for everyone else and it is 7 grade lacrosse!!!!

In terms of recruiting - great. The Crabs kids can go play D1 and then go make a living playing in the MLL! This ain't the NFL, MLB, NHL or NBA. You and anyone who condones the Crabs approach have lost perspective and have no business being involved in youth sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Bigger Picture involves Cheating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take a look at the Crabs website under the college commits section and tell me their formula is flawed. Like it or not they are the only club that is in lock step with how the D1 recruiting game is played. It's about a bigger picture with crabs....

I agree they are sending kids to the big programs. Which really points out how bad this cheating is. If these kids end up at the biggest and best D1 programs they really did not need to be held back in the first place. Because the age thing does even back out by 10th and 11th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Strictly talking 2020AA:

1. Baltimore Lacrosse Club
2. Breakers
3. Annapolis Hawks
4. FCA
5. Looneys
6. Roughriders
7. Arden Diamonbacks
8. Madlax (Rock)
9. Thunder
10. MDX

This is actually a pretty good ranking of the top 10. Though I'd switch a few around based on recent results and changes in some of the teams... You could argue that any of these teams could beat the team ranked 1 or 2 higher than themselves on any given day. Also worth noting that the top 5 on this list all use holdbacks. I'm pretty sure 6 - 10 do not have any.

1. Crabs
2. Breakers
3. Looneys
4. FCA
5. Hawks
6. Diamondback
7. Rough Riders
8. MadLax
9. Thunder
10. MDX

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most critical growth period for teens. Hey look at my fifteen year old beat these 13 year olds, I can assure you that not all Maryland teams practice this. Also more pressing is the re classing doesn't become official til the kid attends school as a reclasssed student (Sept) that's when it becomes actual not someone's word who can say anything they want. If a director wants to do it they can say the any kid is reclassing. Who would know?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come Looneys and FCA don't play NPYLL?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Strictly talking 2020AA:

2. Breakers
3. Annapolis Hawks
4. FCA
5. Looneys
6. Roughriders
7. Arden Diamonbacks
8. Madlax (Rock)
9. Thunder
10. MDX

This is actually a pretty good ranking of the top 10. Though I'd switch a few around based on recent results and changes in some of the teams... You could argue that any of these teams could beat the team ranked 1 or 2 higher than themselves on any given day. Also worth noting that the top 5 on this list all use holdbacks. I'm pretty sure 6 - 10 do not have any.

1. Crabs
2. Breakers
3. Looneys
4. FCA
5. Hawks
6. Diamondback
7. Rough Riders
8. MadLax
9. Thunder
10. MDX

Wrong. Madlax has holdbacks on their team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Strictly talking 2020AA:

2. Breakers
3. Annapolis Hawks
4. FCA
5. Looneys
6. Roughriders
7. Arden Diamonbacks
8. Madlax (Rock)
9. Thunder
10. MDX

1. Crabs
2. Breakers
3. Looneys
4. FCA
5. Hawks
6. Diamondback
7. Rough Riders
8. MadLax
9. Thunder
10. MDX

Not sure about your ranking but you are definitely wrong about your broad holdback statement. Top 5 do not all have holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the only goal you have for your child is to get him into a D1 school then yes, perhaps the formula works but the rest of us feel it is important to build men of character who are respectful, honest and do not manipulate the system or cheat. 4 years of college in exchange for a lifetime of entitlement and suspect character.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Until LAST year Crabs only had U13 and U15 AGE based youth teams.
The rest were HS grade base teams. ALL these DI,DII,DIII players grew up in the age base youth system and HS grade base teams.

No one said a word except that the Crabs were good at U13 and U15.No talk of holdbacks.
Many top players were on their HS teams .

Why the need to destroy youth age based teams??? Winning at U15 and under with holdbacks says everything you need to know about the Crabs. They promote it like no other club. Them along with the Private school influence of holding your child back is a cancer on lacrosse youth sports. The character it shows with this mentality of what is best for me and club instead of what is best for the sport overall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A benefit to the select few and a detriment to everyone else! We are simply asking for a equal playing field. Most of the kids being held back are already good players. Prior to this year the holdbacks only were an impact at the U15 level. Now pervasive throughout - sickening! For what? As a MD parent, I totally agree with the Long Islander's take on MD lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one said a word except that the Crabs were good at U13 and U15.No talk of holdbacks. Many top players were on their HS teams.

Perhaps but this latest event is totally over the top, they went too far.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The name of this post should be Hello Dead Horse, I'm going to beat you a little longer. Not a fan of holdbacks, especially what Crabs did at the Beach .Those kids that are reclassifying should have waited until after tryouts to hop teams. Holdbacks are here and aren't going away. Weshould spend less time name calling in a juvenile fashion on a public forum and use that time and energy to affect real change. Call US Lacrosse, call your local repreentative, call a newspaoer reporter. I don't know if anything will be done, but this is America and things can always change with the proper voice. Change for the safety of 12 year olds will never happen if 40 year olds consistently act like 10 year olds. Stop beating your chest behind a computer screen and do something about it, but for the love of God, stop whining about it and pick a new topic. People in New [lacrosse] deal with for a few tournaments, we deal with it every day. Isn't there anything positive to talk about. Bob Bohanan Arnold, Md.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Strictly talking 2020AA:

2. Breakers
3. Annapolis Hawks
4. FCA
5. Looneys
6. Roughriders
7. Arden Diamonbacks
8. Madlax (Rock)
9. Thunder
10. MDX

Okay, I'll takethe bait. but didn't the Hawks just lose to Crabs in Championship game in overtime. Why would they drop to three

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come Looneys and FCA don't play NPYLL?

Not sure but I think FCA is next season

Like Reply Quote
Page 36 of 128 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard