BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Annapolis Hawks
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,881
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 33 of 128 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
In this case, there is a rule against it, from the BeachLax rules page...

Placement on a grade based team (2018AA, 2019AA, 2020AA and 2021AA) is dictated by the highest grade of any player on the team.
Any team in violation of the above roster rules will forfeit all games in which the ineligible player has participated and forfeit any opportunity to advance to the playoffs.

Given that there were documented current 8th graders on the Crabs team they were clearly in violation. What say you Aloha?!?

Look. No one likes it, but the private schools are out of school in Baltimore. The kids that were 2019 are currently enrolled in 8th grade for the 2015/2016 school year, therefore they are 2020 grad year.

Plus, one of the 5 that played was actually in 7th grade this year. He has played on the 2019 team the last two years.

The kids know what they're doing is wrong. I had a conversation last night with my 12 year old son about the possibility of a kid repeating a year and playing on his team next year instead of the team that's one year older. He was seriously bummed out and said "don't you think that's cheating, having to bring down older players to win?" - and my son's a [lacrosse] in a lot of respects, but i was proud he knows right from wrong in this situation. Crabs, you're a disgraceful organization and hopefully you're embarrassed when you look in the mirror. At least teach your kids to be humble when beating up on younger players, to watch you're cocky long haired kids chest bump and celebrate after their goals like a bunch of lunatics makes your cheating worse.

did you just refer to your son as a [lacrosse]?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Can Team 91 really offer anything that most of the 10 other Baltimore area clubs don't already offer"

they can offer competitive lacrosse while keeping the teams honest and truly age based, something Crabs, FCA, and Breakers don't do. Those three put out competitive teams, but do so with hold backs and playing kids down in age groups.

91 will come in and attract top talent because of their name alone, anybody who disputes that is crazy.

The Crabs' behavior this weekend may have created a lot of Team 91 fans in Maryland!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"There isn't a rule against it, so it isn't cheating..."

Technically, no, ethically, totally. Which is why this gives so many people heartburn.

I think the Crabs just set themselves up for the mother of all smackdowns, on national TV no less.

Lets hope that more tournaments do a combo age and grade like Denver is doing. The age can be generous enough but will still weed out the cheaters who are a full year or two older.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's funny that when their kids lose, some parents have to post anonymously and accuse others of cheating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Can Team 91 really offer anything that most of the 10 other Baltimore area clubs don't already offer"

they can offer competitive lacrosse while keeping the teams honest and truly age based, something Crabs, FCA, and Breakers don't do. Those three put out competitive teams, but do so with hold backs and playing kids down in age groups.

91 will come in and attract top talent because of their name alone, anybody who disputes that is crazy.

There is not one kid on the Breakers 2020AA team that is a holdback. They have 4 or 5 that were born in July and August but they are all legitimate 2020s who have not been left back or held back and managed to tie Crabs losing in OT during the playoff. They would have lost to Crush but Crush should have been the winner anyhow. Before you paint broadly check your facts and if you still doubt it, contact their coach for their report cards for 2014/2015 school year and preceding years.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Crabs' behavior this weekend may have created a lot of Team 91 fans in Maryland!

FCA does not hold kids back like crabs and breakers. They follow the rules and are competitive doing so!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FCA does not hold kids back like crabs and breakers. They follow the rules and are competitive doing so!!

Wrong. Many kids on the FCA high school teams repeated a grade. Look beyond your own bubble before making a statement like that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs doesn't hold kids back. The parents do. Then they take their kids to Crabs tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Placement on a grade based team (2018AA, 2019AA, 2020AA and 2021AA) is dictated by the highest grade of any player on the team.
Any team in violation of the above roster rules will forfeit all games in which the ineligible player has participated and forfeit any opportunity to advance to the playoffs.

Given that there were documented current 8th graders on the Crabs team they were clearly in violation. What say you Aloha?!?

Look. No one likes it, but the private schools are out of school in Baltimore. The kids that were 2019 are currently enrolled in 8th grade for the 2015/2016 school year, therefore they are 2020 grad year.

Plus, one of the 5 that played was actually in 7th grade this year. He has played on the 2019 team the last two years.

The kids know what they're doing is wrong. I had a conversation last night with my 12 year old son about the possibility of a kid repeating a year and playing on his team next year instead of the team that's one year older. He was seriously bummed out and said "don't you think that's cheating, having to bring down older players to win?" - and my son's a [lacrosse] in a lot of respects, but i was proud he knows right from wrong in this situation. Crabs, you're a disgraceful organization and hopefully you're embarrassed when you look in the mirror. At least teach your kids to be humble when beating up on younger players, to watch you're cocky long haired kids chest bump and celebrate after their goals like a bunch of lunatics makes your cheating worse.

Amazing isn't it? Sure that's a fun household.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is not one kid on the Breakers 2020AA team that is a holdback. They have 4 or 5 that were born in July and August but they are all legitimate 2020s who have not been left back or held back and managed to tie Crabs losing in OT during the playoff. They would have lost to Crush but Crush should have been the winner anyhow. Before you paint broadly check your facts and if you still doubt it, contact their coach for their report cards for 2014/2015 school year and preceding years.

Can you clarify, is that born in July and August 2001 or 2002?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"FCA does not hold kids back like crabs and breakers. They follow the rules and are competitive doing so!!"

yes they do, I know several who play FCA and are hold backs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"There is not one kid on the Breakers 2020AA team that is a holdback. They have 4 or 5 that were born in July and August but they are all legitimate 2020s who have not been left back or held back and managed to tie Crabs losing in OT during the playoff. They would have lost to Crush but Crush should have been the winner anyhow. Before you paint broadly check your facts and if you still doubt it, contact their coach for their report cards for 2014/2015 school year and preceding years."

July and August of 2001? If so, they should be 8th graders...2019 team! If they are on 2020, then they would be 7th graders, born after September 1, 2001.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the Crush vs. Crab game and I don't have a dog in the fight. My son was on an adjacent field and I had some time to kill so I went to watch. It was a great game by two great teams. It was very obvious the age/ size difference between the two teams. If in fact it is true that the Crabs imported players they should be ashamed of themselves. I guess they were desperate for a W. On a personal note to the Crab Dad who turn and stated " You just witnessed history " you gave me a good laugh.

Funny and sad, obviously the Crabs are a little obsessed with Crush. I wonder if this will impact NLF in any way. I'd imagine it will make Team 91 even more determined to establish a first rate club in Baltmore.

Can Team 91 really offer anything that most of the 10 other Baltimore area clubs don't already offer?

I guess that remains to be seen. They are a marquee name so that's a draw right there. Once you get to 2019-2020 the teams are pretty well set. If someone is feeling stuck or looking for a change this could provide a quality option.

United and 3D were supposedly marquee names and they are struggling or have thrown in the towel.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs doesn't hold kids back. The parents do. Then they take their kids to Crabs tryouts.

Perhaps but bringing kids to a 7th grade tournament who one week ago were sitting in an 8th grade classroom has everything to do with the Crabs and nothing to do with the parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this is no different than what happened to the 2019s last year and the 2018s the year before

the team stuff is less significant wait until you start sending your 2020 to individual showcases based on graduation year and realize he is competing with kids 2 years older than him.

a 2020 with a late 2002 birthday will likely be competing against players with a few late 2000 birthdays given the combo of earlier school cutoff found elsewhere in the country and reclassification

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your aunt probably does have balls. I love the crying Long Ignorant parents!!

Wait, your son is afraid to play with kids his own age and we're ignorant? That's funny...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong. Many kids on the FCA high school teams repeated a grade. Look beyond your own bubble before making a statement like that.

FCA also brings kids down from their 2019 team to play 2020 during tournaments. THey also bring some down to win key league play games. Not a secret.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 does not have hold backs? That is a laugh, they are graduation based not age based.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So everyone is OK with this? You Can call your kid any inappropriate name on here and it will get posted? Thanks for dialing it back for strangers on line. You must be great at home and on the sidelines once you get comfortable with people!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FCA also brings kids down from their 2019 team to play 2020 during tournaments. THey also bring some down to win key league play games. Not a secret.

The kids that they bring down are age appropriate but they just play up to get better. They did not play in beach lax they only played in their one fall tournament

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have been in all three programs and they all have holdbacks!

"FCA does not hold kids back like crabs and breakers. They follow the rules and are competitive doing so!!"

yes they do, I know several who play FCA and are hold backs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is not one kid on the Breakers 2020AA team that is a holdback. They have 4 or 5 that were born in July and August but they are all legitimate 2020s who have not been left back or held back and managed to tie Crabs losing in OT during the playoff. They would have lost to Crush but Crush should have been the winner anyhow. Before you paint broadly check your facts and if you still doubt it, contact their coach for their report cards for 2014/2015 school year and preceding years. [/quote]

Am I the only one that thinks it's a little bizarre that the coach would have the kid's report cards in middle school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 won 4 out of 10 divisions that they entered teams in. Would have been 5 of 10 if the Crush would have pulled it out. But 4 out of 10 not bad. Even the true lacrosse fans of MD. Can appreciate that percentage . It was a great weekend on nice fields. Thanks for having us

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sure they are talking July/August of 2001. I would bet the vast majority of top 2020 teams have a good portion of their team born between June 2001-December 2001. The cutoff for Denver is May 2001. There is a reason the tournament directors moved it back. (I believe it started out as a sept 2001 cutoff, but too many teams said they wouldn't come with that date because they would have to leave multiple players home)
I would be very interested to see the percentages of 2001 and 2002 birthdates on 2020 teams. I would also wonder if any team now has kids with 2000 birthdates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't forget looneys, Hawks, club blue. They too have at least 6 hold backs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't forget looneys, Hawks, club blue. They too have at least 6 hold backs

Let's not act like MD is the only state with holdbacks. They are everywhere!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Am I the only one that thinks it's a little bizarre that the coach would have the kid's report cards in middle school.[/quote]

No I do not find it bizarre, I know of a few coaches in various sports, including a private strength trainer, that asks to see MS kids report cards to make sure they are staying on top of their grades. I find it very respectable and wish more would do so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I actually chuckled at that, no different than referring to your kid (jokingly) as a knucklehead, or whatever. I bet that guy has a great relationship with his kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sure they are talking July/August of 2001. I would bet the vast majority of top 2020 teams have a good portion of their team born between June 2001-December 2001. The cutoff for Denver is May 2001. There is a reason the tournament directors moved it back. (I believe it started out as a sept 2001 cutoff, but too many teams said they wouldn't come with that date because they would have to leave multiple players home)
I would be very interested to see the percentages of 2001 and 2002 birthdates on 2020 teams. I would also wonder if any team now has kids with 2000 birthdates.

Don't remember the specifics but Maryland changed the age requirements when the kids born in 2001 were entering kindergarten, as a result there are some kids with summer birthdays who are in the appropriate grade (7th) per the Board of Ed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would love to see an aged baded tourney (u15, 14, 13...) with a 9/1 cut off. That would be fun to witness.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 won 4 out of 10 divisions that they entered teams in. Would have been 5 of 10 if the Crush would have pulled it out. But 4 out of 10 not bad. Even the true lacrosse fans of MD. Can appreciate that percentage . It was a great weekend on nice fields. Thanks for having us

And thank you for joining us. If you guys hadn't shown up what else would we have to talk about on the Crabs forum!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not affiliated with any of these clubs, but you whiners are pathetic. It's youth sports. Who cares who wins some random tournament? It's about having fun and getting better.

If one club violates the rules, the tournament will disqualify them. If the Crabs had 2020 kids who had previous played up on 2019 and/or they have kids repeating 8th grade, that's not a violation of the rules.

Reclassification happens in all sports: basketball, football, hockey, baseball, etc.

Get over it. Man, when your son gets his butt kicked in HS by older kids, are you going to make the same complaints? LOL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OMG. That is hilarious. Epic fail by that dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not affiliated with any of these clubs, but you whiners are pathetic. It's youth sports. Who cares who wins some random tournament? It's about having fun and getting better.

If one club violates the rules, the tournament will disqualify them. If the Crabs had 2020 kids who had previous played up on 2019 and/or they have kids repeating 8th grade, that's not a violation of the rules.

Reclassification happens in all sports: basketball, football, hockey, baseball, etc.

Get over it. Man, when your son gets his butt kicked in HS by older kids, are you going to make the same complaints? LOL.

HS sports are different then youth sports. going by your argument, we should just have age groups based on four years rather than 1 or 2 years. my kids have played Hockey, football, baseball, soccer and basketball along with lacrosse. None of those sports are all over the place with age groups as lacrosse is. Is USA Lacrosse wants to be taken seriously, they need to address this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would love to see an aged baded tourney (u15, 14, 13...) with a 9/1 cut off. That would be fun to witness.

It's called the U-15 Championship. Birth certificates needed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously you are a one tough guy and dont have time for the debate of YOUTH age base teams vs YOUTH grade based teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They had kids just who just completed 8th grade and played this season as 2019s playing on a 7th grade team. The fact that they are starting 8th grade again does not erase the fact that they were 2019s last year.

Everyone is aware of what happens in high school, this has been discussed often here. By then the physical disparities have evened out and there is a reason why they have JV.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously you are a one tough guy and dont have time for the debate of YOUTH age base teams vs YOUTH grade based teams.

Because it's just idiot dads arguing about something that is meaningless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, won't complain then. But why do you have to be a cheating loser when many boys have not hit puberty yet? Don't worry we will be Crackin Crabs in the future and all your scheming will amount to a waste of money and time inflicted on your sons, who will fall behind in the long run. Hope you enjoy your scam of a win, won't last!

Like Reply Quote
User
User

Because it's just idiot dads arguing about something that is meaningless.

If it's so meaningless as you say then why would a club apparently move older kids down to a younger team just to win?
As reported there are parents who speak openly about the practice. I'm confused at your opinion and comments because the apparent actions of this club would dictate otherwise.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
Page 33 of 128 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard