BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,830
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Re: Girls 2021 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Tough bracket at the Spring Club Championships this weekend. M&D, Yellow Jackets, BBL, FSLAX, Bitmore, CCLax all in same division. Two teams advance.

Tough bracket but at least two teams make it out of same pool and get a chance to meet in the finals. At National draw the final is usually a let down, often the best and most competitive games are in pool play. Its great but many times the better teams never make it out of the top pool and into the playoffs.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Props to Chris Robinson for getting this tournament off the ground. Last year it was not so good. This year it is very good. If you are a high level girls team from Maryland, you really should not have to leave the state that often in order to get great competition. Props to Yellow Jackets for making the trip. The wins and losses do not matter nearly as much as the level of competition. If M&D could play Yellow Jackets every weekend all summer---at every age level---that would be great for all the girls involved with both programs.

Along those lines, the spring program (NYPGLL League) in Maryland this spring was also great. Much improved level of competition over earlier years. Again, props to Chris Robinson for his role in taking that league from 0 to 60 in just a few years and benefitting all the girls involved.

Really looking forward to a great summer of lax for the girls. If we can just get the parents to keep it clean on the sidelines (and the forums) the girls will flourish.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D parent here. YJ Blue in an excellent team. Great program, lots of great players. Fun competition!

Don't forget Elevate 2021 had some good games against YJ last year.

Yes - the last game YJ won a playoff game by one goal. Good game. Hopefully more this summer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D parent here. YJ Blue in an excellent team. Great program, lots of great players. Fun competition!

As an M&D parent, that surprises me greatly. The M&D vs Elevate game was 10-3 and we had our 1st half goalie playing in the field the second half. Not sure M&D will play Elevate this year since we are not coming to National Draw

It happens sometimes in a 20 minute game. YJ beat them several times last year with no losses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Props to Chris Robinson for getting this tournament off the ground. Last year it was not so good. This year it is very good. If you are a high level girls team from Maryland, you really should not have to leave the state that often in order to get great competition. Props to Yellow Jackets for making the trip. The wins and losses do not matter nearly as much as the level of competition. If M&D could play Yellow Jackets every weekend all summer---at every age level---that would be great for all the girls involved with both programs.

Along those lines, the spring program (NYPGLL League) in Maryland this spring was also great. Much improved level of competition over earlier years. Again, props to Chris Robinson for his role in taking that league from 0 to 60 in just a few years and benefitting all the girls involved.

Really looking forward to a great summer of lax for the girls. If we can just get the parents to keep it clean on the sidelines (and the forums) the girls will flourish.

Agree Robinson sports has done a great job putting many things together including this tournament.
Disagree about last year . It was good at least some age groups The addition of some YJ teams is great. All the top MD teams were there last year, if anything we see more weaker teams filling in the bottom brackets. That does nothing to make tournament better, just bigger and probably worse. You really want to turn it into national draw, a million teams but only a few good ones? Keep it small, select and very competitive. Sad the money making nature of these tournaments will not allow that to happen.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As an M&D parent, that surprises me greatly. The M&D vs Elevate game was 10-3 and we had our 1st half goalie playing in the field the second half. Not sure M&D will play Elevate this year since we are not coming to National Draw

It happens sometimes in a 20 minute game. YJ beat them several times last year with no losses.

True- only 20 Mins. Had it gone longer Elevate could have won..........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True- only 20 Mins. Had it gone longer Elevate could have won..........

Good answer- but doubtful. Heard that elevate got a little weaker this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How'd the M&D vs YJ game go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was a great game, 10-8 M&D. YJ had early leads of 4-1 and 5-2 before a 6-5 halftime edge. YJ up 8-6 before M&D ran off 4 unanswered to win, took their first lead with less than 5 minutes to play. Was really impressed with how M&D hung in there as they usually do not have to play an entire game before it is decided. Was also very impressed by their motion offense, ran it perfectly, cuts from everywhere, patient feeders and they always finished. YJ was a bit unlucky, they played well and it was a great result considering it was their first game together in 2015. Hope to see a re-match tomorrow in the finals. Lastly, I thought it was a great atmosphere, parents from both sides cheered loudly for their side, but I saw interactions between the opponents before and after the game, great for the girls and the game in general when top teams can battle it out and everyone is respectful of each other afterwards.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was a great game, 10-8 M&D. YJ had early leads of 4-1 and 5-2 before a 6-5 halftime edge. YJ up 8-6 before M&D ran off 4 unanswered to win, took their first lead with less than 5 minutes to play. Was really impressed with how M&D hung in there as they usually do not have to play an entire game before it is decided. Was also very impressed by their motion offense, ran it perfectly, cuts from everywhere, patient feeders and they always finished. YJ was a bit unlucky, they played well and it was a great result considering it was their first game together in 2015. Hope to see a re-match tomorrow in the finals. Lastly, I thought it was a great atmosphere, parents from both sides cheered loudly for their side, but I saw interactions between the opponents before and after the game, great for the girls and the game in general when top teams can battle it out and everyone is respectful of each other afterwards.

I concur. It was a very well played game. YJ had some really athletic girls. Turning point was the M&D goalie making a save on a free position that could have made the score 9-6. Looking forward to many future tight matchups. Far prefer a game like that to the cake walks that have become quite common. Too many clubs and not enough girls to fill them

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D parent here. Great game. Two very talented teams and some very good coaching. And yes, enthusiastic WELL BEHAVED parents on both sides.

This is how it should work. Top teams facing off against each other, playing their hearts out (at 8:00 am) and the game could easily go either way.

Could be a rematch tomorrow, but either way, we are really glad that Yellow Jackets made the trip down and let's hope the weather holds off tomorrow so that all of the girls can get as many games in as possible.

Good Luck to the Yellow Jackets and again, great team!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who won the M&D versus yellow jackets game... yellow jackets?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In what has quickly become a great and friendly rivalry, M&D 2021 followed up their 10-8 pool play win over YJ 2021 with a 9-8 OT thriller in the title match.

First observation is that BOTH teams are loaded with talent. Also, BOTH teams play a strong, physical game, but have the stick skills to justify it.

These are two really evenly matched teams and while M&D has had the best of it so far, these games are a coin toss.

There was some angst from the YJ parents in OT when M&D was awarded the ball on an illegal draw, and the M&D player took the awarded ball, weaved in and out of traffic (and several stick checks) and scored the game winner. The comments made were that since the draw foul was a minor foul and it was therefore and "indirect situation" that the M&D player was required to pass before a shot could be taken.

However, the rule book states the following:

"Illegal Shot (shoot from an indirect free position)
A player may not shoot from an indirect free position until the ball is passed or her crosse has been touched or checked by a defense player’s crosse or play has been stopped due to a foul by the defense."

In the game, the crosse of the M&D player had been touched/checked by YJ players and according to the women's rule manual I am seeing on line, the shot was therefore legal.

Either way, the result is not as important as the effort and the quality of play. Both these teams are better teams tonight than they were on Friday as a result of having played each other twice this weekend.

See all you Yellow Jacket parents next weekend at the beach...you are a great group of parents and your daughters are TREMENDOUS lacrosse players.

TO BE CONTINUED...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In what has quickly become a great and friendly rivalry, M&D 2021 followed up their 10-8 pool play win over YJ 2021 with a 9-8 OT thriller in the title match.

First observation is that BOTH teams are loaded with talent. Also, BOTH teams play a strong, physical game, but have the stick skills to justify it.

These are two really evenly matched teams and while M&D has had the best of it so far, these games are a coin toss.

There was some angst from the YJ parents in OT when M&D was awarded the ball on an illegal draw, and the M&D player took the awarded ball, weaved in and out of traffic (and several stick checks) and scored the game winner. The comments made were that since the draw foul was a minor foul and it was therefore and "indirect situation" that the M&D player was required to pass before a shot could be taken.

However, the rule book states the following:

"Illegal Shot (shoot from an indirect free position)
A player may not shoot from an indirect free position until the ball is passed or her crosse has been touched or checked by a defense player’s crosse or play has been stopped due to a foul by the defense."

In the game, the crosse of the M&D player had been touched/checked by YJ players and according to the women's rule manual I am seeing on line, the shot was therefore legal.

Either way, the result is not as important as the effort and the quality of play. Both these teams are better teams tonight than they were on Friday as a result of having played each other twice this weekend.

See all you Yellow Jacket parents next weekend at the beach...you are a great group of parents and your daughters are TREMENDOUS lacrosse players.

TO BE CONTINUED...

I agree with the sentiment, two great teams and hope they play asich as possible in the coming years. However, since the girls are playing under modified checking rules, your interpretation is not accurate. Read girls youth lacrosse rules form us lacrosse for high school and that section clearly states the only way the goal can be scored from an indirect free position is if the player passes the ball. Passes is actually underlined and a note made this is different fr the women's rules because of theodicies checking for U-13 and under. Goal should have been disallowed and YJ ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the rules clarification! I would love a link to that section if you have it!

Good luck next weekend...unfortunately only 20 min games next week...kinda goofy, but less time to be stressed out!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the rules clarification! I would love a link to that section if you have it!

Good luck next weekend...unfortunately only 20 min games next week...kinda goofy, but less time to be stressed out!

Best I can do is uslacrosse.org, rules, girls rules, high school girls lacrosse, 2015 rule book pdf, starts on page 75 for changes to high school rules for youth games and page 81 under Definition of terms you can read what is crystal clear to me and should be to any ref that calls that type of infraction in a spot like that. Better know how to administer it properly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best I can do is uslacrosse.org, rules, girls rules, high school girls lacrosse, 2015 rule book pdf, starts on page 75 for changes to high school rules for youth games and page 81 under Definition of terms you can read what is crystal clear to me and should be to any ref that calls that type of infraction in a spot like that. Better know how to administer it properly.

Seriously?? The refs also could have called any number of pushes or high checks as the girl ran down the field which aren't indirect fouls or could have given her a free position. It was a great game. It's a shame that a YJ parent had to stand up and yell across the field to no forget to thank the refs. Always a good lesson to teach kids. You didn't lose, you got screwed by the refs.

Both games were exciting well played games by girls that I am amazed are only in 6th grade. The skill that these two teams have is unbelievable for their age and there will be many more great games between them. I am sure each team will win their share.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously?? The refs also could have called any number of pushes or high checks as the girl ran down the field which aren't indirect fouls or could have given her a free position. It was a great game. It's a shame that a YJ parent had to stand up and yell across the field to no forget to thank the refs. Always a good lesson to teach kids. You didn't lose, you got screwed by the refs.

Both games were exciting well played games by girls that I am amazed are only in 6th grade. The skill that these two teams have is unbelievable for their age and there will be many more great games between them. I am sure each team will win their share.

Those are judgement calls, this is not, it is a critically important rule when playing modified checking, the penalty for a minor foul is loss of possession. Since the defense cannot check above the shoulder and get the ball back, the rule is modified to mandate a pass.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those are judgement calls, this is not, it is a critically important rule when playing modified checking, the penalty for a minor foul is loss of possession. Since the defense cannot check above the shoulder and get the ball back, the rule is modified to mandate a pass.

Let's be clear, no one from YJ ran on here to complain, it was an M&D parent that felt compelled to tell us we do not know the rules. Read back a few posts, you will see it. I simply pointed them to the rules that dictated that play and why it should not have been a goal. No one came on here calling for a change to the result or crying about the refs judgement calls, just pointing out the correct rule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately the call that gave the game away was not any part of game play, it was an offside call while the coach was positioning players for an uncertain rules of how the OT works. Ref blew whistle before draw ever happened. But hey, you see a million bad calls both ways all game long, plenty more games to play down the road. In the end, two games with great battles, Gotta give credit to M&D, they had to successfully battle back in both games, which they did with great poise. Great competition, great games, crazy talent. Looking forward to many future battles.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good conversation but all really irrelevant. The rule book(s) is so arcane and nuanced and the officiating so inconsistent, you just deal with it and hope over 6 or 8 or 10 years it all evens out. We get caught up in the results of these games because we want the best for our girls in terms of accomplishment and credit and "respect" or whatever, but it all really means nothing.

What matters is the great competition and the behavior we as parents can model for the girls. Cheer your kids on. Be positive. Respect your opponent. And handle victory and defeat with class...and yeah, sometimes you end up eating a $hit sandwich or two along the way, but so what.

If that game ends up 9-8 one way or 9-8 the other, other then a 15 minute celebration accorded the "winners" who cares? On to next week.

I'd rather play the Yellow Jackets or M&D and lose by one on what I regard as a poor call then play another, less talented, less intense team and win by a dozen.

And in the end, the wins and losses against top teams will balance out...and then the girls will be playing with and against each other at the next level.

Enjoy it! It goes by way too fast to focus on scores.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ parent here, Turns out that it was not a Faceoff circle infraction, it was called offsides on the draw, So the going straight to Goal was perfectly legal. The only issue that our coach had was that he was setting up the girls for the OT draw and the official acknowledged the fact he was doing so, then out of nowhere he blew the whistle to start the draw and immediately blew it again to call the offsides. So that's why our coach was extremely upset, but he never showed it to the girls or the M&D coaches. Great Lax all weekend M&D is extremely talented should be great games for many years to come. TN

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the explanation on the penalty. Interesting. It is a strange but beautiful game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ parent here and I just have to say what a great weekend for our girls. Thanks to all who were involved in making this happen from our coach to the hosts. First class operation and a great way to start the season. To our new friends from M&D let's make sure that barbecue happens this weekend . Travel safe and we will see you in Ocean City.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is nowhere in the rules that says that a draw violation is an indirect free position. There are only 2 indirect free positions specified in the high school and youth rules. One is for minor fouls inside the 12mm. The other is if you are playing the 4 goal rule, the trailing team gets an indirect free position unless waived by the coach.

This really just sounds like a bunch of sour grapes from the YJ parents. A girl took the ball from the center X and was able to go through your whole defense and score a goal. That in no way meets the intent of the indirect free position rule. Play better defense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, one thing we can all agree on is that our girls are lucky to have the coaches they have on both of these teams. From the games they have played together you can easily see they are passionate, knowledgeable, very competitive and conduct themselves with class.

Just watching those two sides coach the girls up is a pleasure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am very happy with the tone of these posts. The vitriol that has been spewed on here at the 2020 age group is an embarassment. Other than the one person yelling to thank the refs, I was very impressed with the YJ parents. It was very classy to congratulate our girls after both games. They are two well coached teams with an amazing amount of talent. It is quite obvious that right now, they are far and away the best two teams at this age. Hopefully it can continue to be a healthy, respectful rivalry.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, M&D parent here. As for the guy that yelled that...I heard him but did not see him SO I do not even know who it was nor do I care. He gets a pass. Everybody is allowed to let their emotions get the best of them one time when it comes to something as helpless as watching your kid compete in high level athletics. While he may still be angry about the call that he didn't like my guess is he would love to have that moment back.

We'll hash it all out this weekend over a round or two of beers. Looking forward to it!!! (and yes, there are a couple of decent taverns literally a block away from the fields).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, M&D parent here. As for the guy that yelled that...I heard him but did not see him SO I do not even know who it was nor do I care. He gets a pass. Everybody is allowed to let their emotions get the best of them one time when it comes to something as helpless as watching your kid compete in high level athletics. While he may still be angry about the call that he didn't like my guess is he would love to have that moment back.

We'll hash it all out this weekend over a round or two of beers. Looking forward to it!!! (and yes, there are a couple of decent taverns literally a block away from the fields).

You couldn't be more right ,so here goes My sincerest apologies to all those who were subjected to my post game comment. You all deserved better coaches, players ,refs and parents. It will not be repeated. I suppose it goes without saying the first round is definitely on me.
E.B

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You couldn't be more right ,so here goes My sincerest apologies to all those who were subjected to my post game comment. You all deserved better coaches, players ,refs and parents. It will not be repeated. I suppose it goes without saying the first round is definitely on me.
E.B

That is the classiest thing I have ever seen on this site. Hats off to you. Those 45 girls played their butts off in 6 full length games in hot and humid weather. All the parents should be proud. There will be many days in the future where it will be our side going home sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very classy.

And so, just like that, he becomes my favorite Yellow Jacket parent.

It's all good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, I think it is 2020 Christenson, misprint on Website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 Skak v. 2020 Christenson...predictions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 Skak v. 2020 Christenson...predictions?

I predict a good game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should be some really good games. That Catonsville team is an unknown depending on which club kids can participate. Do not know anything about the other two teams but M&D, 2 YJ teams, and Catonsville makes for some good matchups. Too bad the games are so short. That does kind of diminish this event, but on the other hand, learning to navigate these short games is something that will serve all of these teams well as they move forward and play championship format tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is it with all the yelling coaches at this age group? Couple of the 2nd tier Maryland teams have some real screamers on the sidelines. Pure Lacrosse and Heros for instance. Calm down.

Why do parents put up with that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do these tournaments always put the same teams against each other? M&D, Heros, TLC, Redshirts, Stars, etc all play each other all spring. In Lax for the Cure and Rock the Fields they have 50 or so teams yet the same teams play each other over and over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do these tournaments always put the same teams against each other? M&D, Heros, TLC, Redshirts, Stars, etc all play each other all spring. In Lax for the Cure and Rock the Fields they have 50 or so teams yet the same teams play each other over and over.

Why? Money$$! The clubs that bring a lot of teams dictate who they play. This way they wont face competition until the playoffs or finals. Then they can say our team finished in this place at that tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? Money$$! The clubs that bring a lot of teams dictate who they play. This way they wont face competition until the playoffs or finals. Then they can say our team finished in this place at that tournament.

I'm sure M&D doesn't choose to play TLC, Heros, Skywalkers every tournament. Yet that's the way it always is. Would be nice to play some of the other 48 teams in the tournanment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should be a fun tournament in Ocean City, MD this weekend. Drive safe everybody! Looking forward to a few of the good matchups at 2021. I wish the games were full length games. Not enough time for the game to develop or to really test depth etc.

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard