BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,735
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 38 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Re: 2015 Spring Boys Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only thing I really get from "Back of the Cage" is a good laugh. It is quite humorous at what anonymous people will write about; teams, players, posters, and even nothing just to see who will take offense to the posting. I thank you all for making my day a little brighter, humor does make life more simple and that is true about most of the people who post on here on "Back of the Cage", they are truly ordinary 'simple' people.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SE needs to beef up its regular season schedule if it's ever going to win a state championship. Playing a tough schedule forces you to play team ball and prepares you for the playoff grind. Easy competition only inflates individual stats and nothing else. You don't see any 70 goal scorers on Chaminade yet they keep winning championships.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The only thing I really get from "Back of the Cage" is a good laugh. It is quite humorous at what anonymous people will write about; teams, players, posters, and even nothing just to see who will take offense to the posting. I thank you all for making my day a little brighter, humor does make life more simple and that is true about most of the people who post on here on "Back of the Cage", they are truly ordinary 'simple' people.

Hey that's funny

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And what makes you more than ordinary simple people?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SE needs to beef up its regular season schedule if it's ever going to win a state championship. Playing a tough schedule forces you to play team ball and prepares you for the playoff grind. Easy competition only inflates individual stats and nothing else. You don't see any 70 goal scorers on Chaminade yet they keep winning championships.

easy on the "keep winning championships" crap. A 2 team league.....
Chammy does play one of the toughest schedules in the tri state no doubt.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somehow winning a County championship seems unfulfilling given the expectations SE had. Perhaps playing a light schedule didn't prepare SE for a battle tested Syosset team. I agree they will be back next year but 2015 has to be considered a huge disappointment.

SE can easily be described by the following phrase " Too much me not enough we" . The talent level on this team was quite exceptional but the discipline was surely missing. Mental and physical discipline was sorely lacking and on display time after time. The coach missed his opportunity this was the year. SE was lucky to get by Melville.

Too many freelance all stars .

The younger SME kids are even more about me.

The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

Thanks for contributing to the very BOTC that you say the simply ordinary frequent. You gave me a laugh.
Thanks again.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somehow winning a County championship seems unfulfilling given the expectations SE had. Perhaps playing a light schedule didn't prepare SE for a battle tested Syosset team. I agree they will be back next year but 2015 has to be considered a huge disappointment.

SE can easily be described by the following phrase " Too much me not enough we" . The talent level on this team was quite exceptional but the discipline was surely missing. Mental and physical discipline was sorely lacking and on display time after time. The coach missed his opportunity this was the year. SE was lucky to get by Melville.

Wow, back to back county championships and the haters keep on hating . Maybe they should make your kid the quarterback of the offense and let you coach the team. I'm sure they would win the State Championship

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree these kids are very self absorbed. Yes they have some individual talent but so do many other teams. The reality is they had an outstanding set of FO guys and dominated a lot of teams because of that. When they played teams who could compete at that position it was a much different game for them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Somehow winning a County championship seems unfulfilling given the expectations SE had. Perhaps playing a light schedule didn't prepare SE for a battle tested Syosset team. I agree they will be back next year but 2015 has to be considered a huge disappointment.

Facts are facts.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree these kids are very self absorbed. Yes they have some individual talent but so do many other teams. The reality is they had an outstanding set of FO guys and dominated a lot of teams because of that. When they played teams who could compete at that position it was a much different game for them
why are still talking about a team that is out? Move on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Somehow winning a County championship seems unfulfilling given the expectations SE had. Perhaps playing a light schedule didn't prepare SE for a battle tested Syosset team. I agree they will be back next year but 2015 has to be considered a huge disappointment.

Facts are facts.

Fish rots from head down. If coach doesnt set precedent then its a free for all. Same gig at CSH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son's team had one kid who single handedly lost every single game due to his selfish play. Held the ball 70% of every possession, was completely ineffective, we had boys who had played box lax for a season, could've at least been competitive, just gave up even trying.
Makes sense the kid isn't committed to any school, who wants that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Somehow winning a County championship seems unfulfilling given the expectations SE had. Perhaps playing a light schedule didn't prepare SE for a battle tested Syosset team. I agree they will be back next year but 2015 has to be considered a huge disappointment.

Facts are facts.

Fish rots from head down. If coach doesnt set precedent then its a free for all. Same gig at CSH

All true but it starts with the parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Somehow winning a County championship seems unfulfilling given the expectations SE had. Perhaps playing a light schedule didn't prepare SE for a battle tested Syosset team. I agree they will be back next year but 2015 has to be considered a huge disappointment.

Facts are facts.

I have a kid on WM team. We know many of the boys and many of the parents from SME team due to summer ball. They are good kids and good parents and strong lax players.

The people commenting negatively are either jealous or have a kid on the team that doesn't get to play much. either way, the opinion that person is expressing is not the same as mine.

Good kids, good parents, they lost a game to a better club, end of story. Syosset had a great year, hats off to them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk has the better players as is evidenced by the Nassau vs Suffolk showcase game results every year but Nassau has better teams that play team ball. A lot of these Suffolk super stars don't care about the team game just about stats and looking good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Facts are facts.

I have a kid on WM team. We know many of the boys and many of the parents from SME team due to summer ball. They are good kids and good parents and strong lax players.

The people commenting negatively are either jealous or have a kid on the team that doesn't get to play much. either way, the opinion that person is expressing is not the same as mine.

Good kids, good parents, they lost a game to a better club, end of story. Syosset had a great year, hats off to them.

SE parent here, couldn't agree more. Two great programs with a lot of respect for each other. Both should be proud of their outstanding seasons. It was Syossets year to move on, and we wish them well. Wish everyone would stop bashing. We all want to win, but only one can. Lots of variables in lax . Most of the top teams could win/lose to each other on any given day. Just look at the College tournament. Makes the game exciting, because you never know which team will step up "click"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Facts are facts.

Well said. Both teams did great getting there. Syosset had a great season and won. stop being a sore loser or rooting against the kids on the field and the coaches. show respect to the game, the players, and the coaches. lead by example instead of complaining like a baby

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the haters and those who have difficulty with reading comprehension.

The post stated: “Two County Championships in a row” – the post did not mention the word dynasty.

The post asked: “How many teams have done that in the past five to 10 years?”. The post did not ask who won the county championship back in the days of short shorts, high socks, bucket helmets, no helmets or superlight II’s or wooden sticks.

The post did not mention Long Island or State Championships, It simply said until proven otherwise Smithtown East is the Top Team in Suffolk A.

The poster was not looking for ancient history.

In the past 5 years only two teams have won multiple or back to back Suffolk A Championships.

- Smithtown East and West Islip.

In the past 10 years only two teams have done it.

- Guess what, same two teams: - West Islip and Smithtown East.

Ancient History the past 15 years only three teams have won back to back or even multiple Suffolk A County Championships:

- Smithtown East , Northport and of course West Islip.

Congratulations again to Smithtown East on a great accomplishment.

All but for a brief moment in time. The moment they lost started the conversation for 2016. If only the two LI conferences could play for a state title. Until then 2016 starts now.

What is the scope and make up of the Nassau teams. It seems as if Suffolk has a bunch of young guns how does Nassau look.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck SYO, SET and CSH in the semis. Represent boys. 516 & 631!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the haters and those who have difficulty with reading comprehension.

The post stated: “Two County Championships in a row” – the post did not mention the word dynasty.

The post asked: “How many teams have done that in the past five to 10 years?”. The post did not ask who won the county championship back in the days of short shorts, high socks, bucket helmets, no helmets or superlight II’s or wooden sticks.

The post did not mention Long Island or State Championships, It simply said until proven otherwise Smithtown East is the Top Team in Suffolk A.

The poster was not looking for ancient history.

In the past 5 years only two teams have won multiple or back to back Suffolk A Championships.

- Smithtown East and West Islip.

In the past 10 years only two teams have done it.

- Guess what, same two teams: - West Islip and Smithtown East.

Ancient History the past 15 years only three teams have won back to back or even multiple Suffolk A County Championships:

- Smithtown East , Northport and of course West Islip.

Congratulations again to Smithtown East on a great accomplishment.

All but for a brief moment in time. The moment they lost started the conversation for 2016. If only the two LI conferences could play for a state title. Until then 2016 starts now.

What is the scope and make up of the Nassau teams. It seems as if Suffolk has a bunch of young guns how does Nassau look.

Syosset is loaded again for next year and Pequa will be strong too. Farmingdale should have a strong team next year also in Nassau. That is A. In C it is always a one horse race with CSH and in B it will be GC or Manhasset as always.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LETS GO SYO!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure that is true. Looking at the top 20 collegiate programs in the country. Rosters have way more Nassau County Players than Suffolk.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
suffolk guys dominate the community college ranks though...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
14-11 final Niskayuna over Syosset

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's what happens when you get cocky SYO
Not really surprising at all! Where's the daddy now who was saying if you're not a Winner, go home? Eating his words instead of the winners cupcakes perhaps?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not really surprising at all! Where's the daddy now who was saying if you're not a Winner, go home? Eating his words instead of the winners cupcakes perhaps?

Which team did your kid play for that syosset beat

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which team did your kid play for that syosset beat

Doesn't matter really, we are both losers now! My point is to be humble, and it is not all abut the state championship. All steps count. It wasn't me coming on here claiming anyone who doesn't win is a loser. Now somebony needs to think about what they say and be happy for both the winners and "losers"!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset still no state hardware. Nice program but always overrated by townie blowhards.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset still no state hardware. Nice program but always overrated by townie blowhards.

"blowhards"? no need for name calling - these parents might be arrogant, loud, obnoxious self entitled drunks but to call them blowhards is just plain rude

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"blowhards"? no need for name calling - these parents might be arrogant, loud, obnoxious self entitled drunks but to call them blowhards is just plain rude

WM parent again. We also know many families on that Syosset team and none fit the description expressed above. Syosset parents. Don't take the bait offered by the small minded name callers--they are the same people we all knew in HS, just jealous and not happy with their lot in life so they pick on others wherever possible. Everyone knows a couple of these people...

Good year Syosset boys, sorry you didn't take it all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LETS GO SYO!!!!!

Ew. I just threw up in my mouth

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of our boys that played hard with dedication are winners!! At the end of the day, there is only one state championship team, but it's about the journey. Congrats to all boys!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The real blow hards are the people who make rude comments about a team that just won the County and Long Island Championships. Obviously jealous!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The real blow hards are the people who make rude comments about a team that just won the County and Long Island Championships. Obviously jealous!

hardly - would love to win but we would rather be us than win and be you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of what? They lost! Didn't show up for the second half of the game. Sad ending, same thing that happened to SE, kind of ironic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of what? They lost! Didn't show up for the second half of the game. Sad ending, same thing that happened to SE, kind of ironic

Oh well, good job SYO, you gave it a good run. Great players, ok coaching. A great coach can make good players great, great players only play at the level of the coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could Calabria have done a better job ? What do you mean by ok coaching ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could Calabria have done a better job ? What do you mean by ok coaching ?
who cares, syo is out, move on, set & csh still alive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can a Syosset Parent please tell us how many of the boys on the lacrosse also played varsity football for the Braves this past season?

Long Island Champions in two sports is a great accomplishment for a young athlete. Congrats to The Braves.

Page 34 of 38 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Link Copied to Clipboard