BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 58 of 83 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Guess the family needed to take it out on someone after getting whooped by the YJ coached MS team by the same score last time out. (not that it is a YJ/TG issue but it is ironic)

way to show your ignorance....no TG relationship there

Didn't father coach for TG before leaving to start a new girls program at legacy and didn't daughter play for TG; not that it matters! What does matter is 12 goals and 2 assists...ya gotta pull in the reigns once in a while!
This is another argument for a power conference although based on last season, EI would probably not have been in the power conference
I can't believe you turned this into club issue. Seeing as you dial I have to say is that every team will lose to Manhasset, so maybe your playing for the wrong clubs. S.L. is not a good, his reputation has benefited from having coached a travel club with a lot of talent. My daughter had the misfortune of playing for him one year, and I have seen him coach may times since and I think his yelling at both his players(minus his daughter) and the refs hurt his teams more than his gadgety trick plays help.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've played lacrosse nearly my entire life and there is nothing more embarrassing than when your down big and the opposing team puts their third string in. It is degrading and the message that is sent is that you don't deserve to be on the same filed as our first line. I'd much rather lose big to to the best than to have a bench line come in and practice. Respect the game, respect your opponent and bring your best from whistle to whistle. Anything else is a descrace!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can spin it any way you want ... but the cream rises to the top no matter what town or club you play for, both academically and athletically. Some people just don't need to boast how good they are on a website, they prove it on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've played lacrosse nearly my entire life and there is nothing more embarrassing than when your down big and the opposing team puts their third string in. It is degrading and the message that is sent is that you don't deserve to be on the same filed as our first line. I'd much rather lose big to to the best than to have a bench line come in and practice. Respect the game, respect your opponent and bring your best from whistle to whistle. Anything else is a descrace!

ABSOLUTE CRAP! Why are you down big? Because the other coach didn't do the right thing. You don't need to yank all your players. How about telling a girl that has her 15 points already (sarcastic) that if she must play the whole game that she has to pass to a younger or less skilled player so they can go to the cage? The rate of scoring slows down and yes there are a few more saves and turnovers which means you can work on your defense. At Manhasset everybody scores three and if someone goes down to injury the team doesn't fold. Develop your roster and strengthen your total team in these games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Welcome to competitive sports! Get used to it. Just take a Look at Limestone's games results:

Beat Emmanuel 20-4
Beat Catawba 22-4
Beat North Greenville 20-1
Beat Erskine 20-0
Beat Coverse 21-3

This is life ladies and gentleman. Not everyone gets a trophy. Get over it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ABSOLUTE CRAP! Why are you down big? Because the other coach didn't do the right thing. You don't need to yank all your players. How about telling a girl that has her 15 points already (sarcastic) that if she must play the whole game that she has to pass to a younger or less skilled player so they can go to the cage? The rate of scoring slows down and yes there are a few more saves and turnovers which means you can work on your defense. At Manhasset everybody scores three and if someone goes down to injury the team doesn't fold. Develop your roster and strengthen your total team in these games.

Rosters are developed in youth programs and summer travel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Developing players is what practice is for. Game time is game time. If you can't tolerate getting blown out by better players on a better team you might want to choose a different sport. I've been on both sides of games. Disparity is a part of life. Live with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rosters are developed in youth programs and summer travel.

So High School coaches are baby sitters? They don't offer anything more than our 18yr old summer coach or the daddy PAL coach? If they don't show up as a star they don't play? HS coach doesn't develop their team for years to come? I guess you just let the summer travel kids run the show and pad their stats. Interesting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U
Welcome to competitive sports! Get used to it. Just take a Look at Limestone's games results:

Beat Emmanuel 20-4
Beat Catawba 22-4
Beat Erskine 20-0
Beat Coverse 21-3

What you fail to realize is no single kid scored more than 6 goals in any one of those games because the coach is not padding some kids stats . As a matter of fact only in the first blowout did any kid score 6 then they obviously have spread out the scoring. If you are going to use stats at least have a clue .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By the way - the word is "disgrace." Obviously you have never coached before because what you described is not what you do. A team is made up of all the players - not just one or two. In games where you can play your entire team, that is a reward for all those players who show up every day to practice and contribute to the overall success of the team. What is a disgrace is a coach leaving in any player who scores as many goals as Levy let his daughter score.

By the way - I also heard Levy is now going to be one of the Under Armour LI coaches for HS. How did this happen? Why was he selected? It definitely was not for sportsamnship.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Beat Emmanuel 20-4
Beat Catawba 22-4
Beat Erskine 20-0
Beat Coverse 21-3

Not sure that comparing college to high school is apples to apples. Here is my question - did Limestone coach let one of his players score 12 goals in any of those games - or 8 goals or 9 goals?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By the way - the word is "disgrace." Obviously you have never coached before because what you described is not what you do. A team is made up of all the players - not just one or two. In games where you can play your entire team, that is a reward for all those players who show up every day to practice and contribute to the overall success of the team. What is a disgrace is a coach leaving in any player who scores as many goals as Levy let his daughter score.

By the way - I also heard Levy is now going to be one of the Under Armour LI coaches for HS. How did this happen? Why was he selected? It definitely was not for sportsamnship.

Whats wrong CR and TW are the Coaches now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Beat Emmanuel 20-4
Beat Catawba 22-4
Beat Erskine 20-0
Beat Coverse 21-3

Having played competitive Ice Hockey my entire youth, there was always a designated "goon" on every team who was used in these types of situations. There role was to ring someone's bell and get the attention of the opposing teams coach who was running up the score and bring them to their senses. An egregious act of physicality usually will do the trick.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Beat Emmanuel 20-4
Beat Catawba 22-4
Beat Erskine 20-0
Beat Coverse 21-3

Having played competitive Ice Hockey my entire youth, there was always a designated "goon" on every team who was used in these types of situations. There role was to ring someone's bell and get the attention of the opposing teams coach who was running up the score and bring them to their senses. An egregious act of physicality usually will do the trick.

Absolutely , one of the reasons Hockey is awesome , there is always a certain amount of players policing themselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Beat Emmanuel 20-4
Beat Catawba 22-4
Beat Erskine 20-0
Beat Coverse 21-3

Girls scoring 15 points in lacrosse leads to the same stick wielding play. Poor officiating and poor sportsmanship running up scores is why helmets are inevitable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U

Beat Emmanuel 20-4
Beat Catawba 22-4
Beat Erskine 20-0
Beat Coverse 21-3

What you fail to realize is no single kid scored more than 6 goals in any one of those games because the coach is not padding some kids stats . As a matter of fact only in the first blowout did any kid score 6 then they obviously have spread out the scoring. If you are going to use stats at least have a clue .

So the Manhasset kid padded stats with her 6 goals yesterday? Great players score story is beaten to death

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You just don't get it!!! Let's say you are a successful business owner who has put in the hard work, long hours and have risen to the top of your industry. Should you sit out for a while and tell your top performers to slow down because it's unfair to the competition? Should you stand by and sandbag until your competition has the chance to to catch up? This is life people. Why is this so difficult to grasp?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a discussion about sportsmanship. The Hockey post was just ignorant and the epitome of poor sportsmanship. Someone is better than you so let's attampt to hurt them. You are a buffoon! But, I'd expect nothing let on this thread...

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
You just don't get it!!! Let's say you are a successful business owner who has put in the hard work, long hours and have risen to the top of your industry. Should you sit out for a while and tell your top performers to slow down because it's unfair to the competition? Should you stand by and sandbag until your competition has the chance to to catch up? This is life people. Why is this so difficult to grasp?

I don't think you can equate business with lacrosse. Business is about supporting yourself and your family. Lacrosse is not and is never going to lead to money being earned. Yes, you may get a scholarship, but I think it's been pointed out here that college coaches do not pay much attention to what goes on in HS sports so running up the scores doesn't add value to a scholarship.

Running up a score is about bragging rights and some (misguided, IMO) public acclaim. If you can rack up the points in a game then clearly your opponent is not strong and therefore the points you earned don't indicate skill so much as taking advantage of an opportunity to self-aggrandize.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the sad reality of our society that is why.these girls and coaches are NOT rubbing it in anyone's face.they just go out and compete.our society is in trouble because of you mommies and daddies. the kids certainly dont have a problem with others scoring. lets be real. how many kids come home and cry to mommy and daddy at the dinner table. most walk away and dont think about it until the next practice or game. and many others will talk about the sick plays these top girls can make and strive to be that same type of player.it is always the mommies and daddies

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I realize it is 'just' high school lax but I think all the teams would benefit from 'power' conferences as you would be playing teams of closer abilities; much like how tournament brackets at travel tournaments try to be. If you have a girl who lights it up day in and day out against the top competition, good for her!
I mentioned this a couple of years ago and that they did this in soccer in Suffolk and wouldn't you know it, Section XI got rid of that league.
We all know that girls get noticed playing travel but that's not gonna stop people's opinions about padding stats or running up the score during hs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am usually a SL supporter on these threads. I will say I am shocked and embarrassed for him on this one. It would be bad enough to let ANY kid rack up 15, his own daughter makes about ten times worse. Many other teams and girls could easily do the same exact thing, they CHOOSE not to, to avoid the backlash. Obviously they are not worried about what people think or say, so go ahead and tee it up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U

Beat Emmanuel 20-4
Beat Catawba 22-4
Beat Erskine 20-0
Beat Coverse 21-3

So the Manhasset kid padded stats with her 6 goals yesterday? Great players score story is beaten to death

What!? The Manhasset girl scored 6 goals yesterday because they beat another nationally ranked team 16 - 12 not 19 - 6. Do you see the difference? Just a wee bit closer...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the sad reality of our society that is why.these girls and coaches are NOT rubbing it in anyone's face.they just go out and compete.our society is in trouble because of you mommies and daddies. the kids certainly dont have a problem with others scoring. lets be real. how many kids come home and cry to mommy and daddy at the dinner table. most walk away and dont think about it until the next practice or game. and many others will talk about the sick plays these top girls can make and strive to be that same type of player.it is always the mommies and daddies
So why does our town have kids quitting in droves (even in season) need a team with a full bench to play

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sorry but you don;t get it. This is not professional sports or even college sports. It's high school girls lacrosse. I have been coaching organized sports at all levels for a long time. This has nothing to do with mommies and daddies. This is all about what sports should be about. Its about teamwork, commitment and hard work. Its about sportsmanship, honoring the game, honoring your opponent.

I've also coached my own kids and I would never let my kids do this - never. In fact I would not let any of my players do this. There is no reason to pour it on and keep scoring when the opponent is clearly mismatched. This is th time to work on other players on the team and empower them to put all of their time and hard work that they have contributed into a game situation.

I'm sorry but to allow your own daughter (or even your own player) rack up 12 goals is gross. 12 of 17 goals - is ridiculous. If you are supposed to be such a great coach - develop more players rather than just your own daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I realize it is 'just' high school lax but I think all the teams would benefit from 'power' conferences as you would be playing teams of closer abilities; much like how tournament brackets at travel tournaments try to be. If you have a girl who lights it up day in and day out against the top competition, good for her!
I mentioned this a couple of years ago and that they did this in soccer in Suffolk and wouldn't you know it, Section XI got rid of that league.
We all know that girls get noticed playing travel but that's not gonna stop people's opinions about padding stats or running up the score during hs.

I place the blame on this squarely on the backs of the Athletic Directors on Long Island. As far as lacrosse goes, the only power conference that exists is for girls in Nassau County.

This year teams who had very good success playing on a lower division were moved up into the A division. Personally I'd much rather see a team go .500 in the top division then going undefeated in a lower division and having 12 or 14 blowout wins. Well that is exactly what is going on in Suffolk (boys and girls) and in Nassau boys. Besides out of conference games - the competition in girls in Suffolk is terrible. As an example, Mt. Sinai - a very good team - is 4-0 right now and have had only one really close game a 5-3 win over ESM. MS has 54 goals for and only 18 against. Middle Country is 4-0 and have outscore opponents 76-28. ESM is 4-1 and have outscored 62-27. Huntington is 3-0 and have outscored opponents 42-18.

On the other hand look at some of the lower ranked schools and see how mismatched they are: Walt Whitman, Brentwood, Deer Park, etc.

It's not that hard to figure this out. There are 47 schools in Suffolk. Create 5 divisions:
A - 9 teams
B - 9 Teams
C- 9 Teams
D- 10 Teams
E - 10 Teams

At the end of the year, the bottom 2 teams in A move to B the next year and the top two teams in B move to A. Same thing happens down the line. When playoffs come - everyone goes back to their school sizes and you have power rankings based on performance.

Simple plan - east to enact and easy to track.

Result: closer games, better games and fewer blowouts. Coaches will need to be better and work harder to develop the whole team rather than just 1-2 players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U

Beat Emmanuel 20-4
Beat Catawba 22-4
Beat Erskine 20-0
Beat Coverse 21-3

Manhasset girl scored 6 goals against the #2 ranked team in the country. Evenly matched teams playing against each other. One girl on the other team had 7 goals. IS she padding her stats - no - she is competing in a big game.

Personally I look at coaches in situations like this and say - shut down the other team's best player. Make someone else beat you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sorry but to allow your own daughter (or even your own player) rack up 12 goals is gross. 12 of 17 goals - is ridiculous. If you are supposed to be such a great coach - develop more players rather than just your own daughter.

There are only 2 people on this planet that would defend padding 12 goals in an easy game and we all know their names... mommy and daddy. You can't even call this an argument because everyone except those 2 people would be in agreement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beat Emmanuel 20-4
Beat Catawba 22-4
Beat Erskine 20-0
Beat Coverse 21-3

Would be interesting to see: Did anyone in those games score 12 goals?

User
User

There are only 2 people on this planet that would defend padding 12 goals in an easy game and we all know their names... mommy and daddy. You can't even call this an argument because everyone except those 2 people would be in agreement.

Not so sure about that. The lynch mob may pile on but she scored 12 of 17 goals. So what.
Maybe we should also talk about the kids that don't pass and hog the ball and cause their teams to lose. That seams worse doesn't it. There are plenty of them. For example John Glenn. Those parents have voiced their frustration as well.
Just a thought.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

I can agree with you on this one as well. I have watched a few games this year where the same 2-3 players take 80-90% of the shots on the entire team. Shooting percentages are awful, but coach keeps letting them "go to goal."

Not so sure about that. The lynch mob may pile on but she scored 12 of 17 goals. So what.
Maybe we should also talk about the kids that don't pass and hog the ball and cause their teams to lose. That seams worse doesn't it. There are plenty of them. For example John Glenn. Those parents have voiced their frustration as well.
Just a thought.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone please tell me how the Fatso at Connetquot continues to coach? He knows nothing about lacrosse and is destroying our program!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You will never get through to travel parents it's all about me me me padding stats team be damned as long they commit early so it can go up on the (insert club name) travel website

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok so, today Middle Country played Lindenhurst and won 21-8. The 2 sisters for M.C. , both way better players than E.I. girl, older sister 3g 5a, younger sister 4g 0a, either could have scored all 21. 9 different scorers from M.C. Maybe The Levy clan should take lessons from those two

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok so, today Middle Country played Lindenhurst and won 21-8. The 2 sisters for M.C. , both way better players than E.I. girl, older sister 3g 5a, younger sister 4g 0a, either could have scored all 21. 9 different scorers from M.C. Maybe The Levy clan should take lessons from those two

Lol. Both way better? Your high.
Gary Gait from Syracuse seems to disagree. I'll take his opinion over yours any day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gary Gait from Syracuse seems to disagree. I'll take his opinion over yours any day.

foolish to argue who is better... all three made out pretty good..
although.... 'cuse probably has the largest roster in womens lacrosse. I'm not sure if there are enough uniforms for all those girls..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone please tell me how the Fatso at Connetquot continues to coach? He knows nothing about lacrosse and is destroying our program!

What is he doing that is destroying your program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First off I am sure Gait would have gladly taken either sister , that being said they are the wrong kids to use as an example of sportsmanship, they are also stat padders just were apparently held back in this one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

Just a thought.

John Glenn has a girls lacrosse team?? who knew

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U

Beat Emmanuel 20-4
Beat Catawba 22-4
Beat Erskine 20-0
Beat Coverse 21-3

First off 6 is not 12 and the game was a highly competitive game not some blowout

Page 58 of 83 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard