BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,968
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 37 of 52 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 51 52
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Outlaw top team of 2014 ? where are they?

30 plus playing college, 18 D1. On website.

LOL.....website also says Myles Jones is a coach.

He has coached my kid last 2 years and is very good with them, not sure your point...

Played against them last year. He seemed like an excellent coach and a nice young man. Even took pictures with opposing team members

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He has coached my kid last 2 years and is very good with them, not sure your point...

Played against them last year. He seemed like an excellent coach and a nice young man. Even took pictures with opposing team members

This sounds cool, what grade does he coach, and how does he coach when he is playing down in Carolina?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This sounds cool, what grade does he coach, and how does he coach when he is playing down in Carolina?

Why couldnt he coach, last I checked College is over after memorial day. I know a number of teams that don't start until after that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Myles is great young that coaches 9th grade in the summer time when he is done with school!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If his public school is Syosett, Smithtown East or West, Massapequa, West Islip, etc. (not a complete list no offense to other schools. . .), the answer is YES, the college coaches would know, recognize and respect their PUBLIC school.

News Flash: If you send your "marginal" kid to St. Anthony's of Chaminade and he gets lost in the shuffle and doesn't see the field, congrats! you just shot yourself in the foot genius, your flawed plan backfired!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If his public school is Syosett, Smithtown East or West, Massapequa, West Islip, etc. (not a complete list no offense to other schools. . .), the answer is YES, the college coaches would know, recognize and respect their PUBLIC school.

News Flash: If you send your "marginal" kid to St. Anthony's of Chaminade and he gets lost in the shuffle and doesn't see the field, congrats! you just shot yourself in the foot genius, your flawed plan backfired!

what is this referring to. I understand your point but where does it stem from. I would think this belongs on the 2019 thread as they are the ones who are mulling over this thought process. The 2018's are already there and by now they know where the stand

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still have not justified 32 players and again with strawman argument -What team does my son play for? I have not bashed kids just organization for ripping off parents

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still have not justified 32 players and again with strawman argument -What team does my son play for? I have not bashed kids just organization for ripping off parents

Sorry you have zero understanding of the word "opportunity". Outlaws are giving 32 kids, including mine, the opportunity to play and be see in a great list of 10 tournaments. There will never be more than 22-24 kids on the side line for any single tournament. Will some be more happy than others, for sure. Same as parents on your team aren't so happy when there kid never sees the field in a recruiting tournament because your coach keeps the same kids on the field in order to win at all cost. They drive to MD and the kid sees a few minutes in a few games while the top kids never leave the field. Who's getting ripped off? The large Roster Model gives more kids more opportunity and is a proven method. Just look at LI Sting, they've been doing the same for 15 plus years with way more than 32 kids on their roster. They have more recruits than Express, 91, and whatever team your kid plays for combined. By the way, Sting also doesn't win every game they play either. Their focus, like Outlaws is exposure. They win more based on which kids are there. Now, not only have I justified the 32 on a roster, I've proven that the model works for lacrosse recruitment, and has for well over 15 years. Well before the team your kid plays for, even existed. I've also proven that a kid that barely sees the field on team like your son's is really the one getting ripped off. So Mr. Strawman, what team does your kid play for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It does not work your parents are miserable. Ask them they all hate the 32 man roster even your best players that go to every tournament.
Believe me they talk.
There is only one reason to have 32 man roster to increase revenue-period

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are not going get exposure at 3-10

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry you have zero understanding of the word "opportunity". Outlaws are giving 32 kids, including mine, the opportunity to play and be see in a great list of 10 tournaments. There will never be more than 22-24 kids on the side line for any single tournament. Will some be more happy than others, for sure. Same as parents on your team aren't so happy when there kid never sees the field in a recruiting tournament because your coach keeps the same kids on the field in order to win at all cost. They drive to MD and the kid sees a few minutes in a few games while the top kids never leave the field. Who's getting ripped off? The large Roster Model gives more kids more opportunity and is a proven method. Just look at LI Sting, they've been doing the same for 15 plus years with way more than 32 kids on their roster. They have more recruits than Express, 91, and whatever team your kid plays for combined. By the way, Sting also doesn't win every game they play either. Their focus, like Outlaws is exposure. They win more based on which kids are there. Now, not only have I justified the 32 on a roster, I've proven that the model works for lacrosse recruitment, and has for well over 15 years. Well before the team your kid plays for, even existed. I've also proven that a kid that barely sees the field on team like your son's is really the one getting ripped off. So Mr. Strawman, what team does your kid play for?

He plays for the Outlaws and hates it!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is he a pole?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Odds are its not an Outlaws current players parent. Sounds more like an ex players stirring the pot. Everyone who signed up was told from the very beginning the structure. No surprises.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It does not work your parents are miserable. Ask them they all hate the 32 man roster even your best players that go to every tournament.
Believe me they talk.
There is only one reason to have 32 man roster to increase revenue-period

Ok, Sorry. I proved you wrong with fact, I just won't argue with stupid. If the parents are unhappy, as a fellow parent I suggest they find another place to play where they can be happy. I sat through Director's talk before anyone accepted team invitation and it was clearly laid out. Good luck to your son wherever he plays.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't believe that for a second. If by chance that really is the case, why don't you go somewhere else? Talk to PB, I'm sure they would help you move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are no "marginal" kids on the Chaminade varsity. They can all play. Public school teams would be built around these kids if they had stayed in their districts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
typical Chaminade booster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are no "marginal" kids on the Chaminade varsity. They can all play. Public school teams would be built around these kids if they had stayed in their districts.

I think you are making the original posters point for him, a non starter at chaminade might have been an important part of his home town HS team instead of maybe not seeing the field at Chaminade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
conversely....kids who stay in hometown public school often could have been a star at Chammy. goes both ways . where do you get the notion that there is no such thing as a marginal player at Chaminade? that's so elitist and silly its funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you are making the original posters point for him, a non starter at chaminade might have been an important part of his home town HS team instead of maybe not seeing the field at Chaminade

Well, there are 90 kids trying out for the Freshman Chammy team this year. They take 35-40. So 50 or so of those kids could be heading back to Public School for next year...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have heard that many many kids try out and they keep 40-50. depends on # of jerseys. als, anyone else hear about the "secret" workouts that some supporters/parents organize prior to tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why I thought they went there for the fine education. LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have heard that many many kids try out and they keep 40-50. depends on # of jerseys. als, anyone else hear about the "secret" workouts that some supporters/parents organize prior to tryouts?

Those "secret" workouts were not a secrete. It was organized by one of the fathers. It was a word of mouth to start. No one was excluded, because there was no "list" of who was trying out. Sunday night at the Hub.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, there are 90 kids trying out for the Freshman Chammy team this year. They take 35-40. So 50 or so of those kids could be heading back to Public School for next year...

Are you talking about the St Anthony freshman class?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you talking about the St Anthony freshman class?

I believe he is referring to Chaminade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok can see where the confusion can occur with Chanenchuk at St. Anthonys and Chammy Team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok so all these so called great players tryout, people are saying 90 kids for approximately 45 to 50 slots. What do these kids do who don't make team. How many goalies are trying out at Chaminade we know the one goalie from 2018 Terps has one spot now the others are trying out for one slot. Just using this as an example. Will the other goalies get any time?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok so all these so called great players tryout, people are saying 90 kids for approximately 45 to 50 slots. What do these kids do who don't make team. How many goalies are trying out at Chaminade we know the one goalie from 2018 Terps has one spot now the others are trying out for one slot. Just using this as an example. Will the other goalies get any time?

The Chaminade teams usually have 5-8 goalies and only 1 plays. If it is a huge blow out the #2 will get some time but that's it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do these goalies justify sitting on the bench. Can't get better there. One goalie who is attending Chaminade as a 2018 grad already walked off a team because he wasn't getting playing time and another reclassified because of the goalie playing there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone on 2018 must be in the know regarding the 3d venture with USA Today for the upcoming Great State Showdown-GSS.

All I heard in FL was: 24 players will be rostered for each regional team to play in the Championship game in PA at the end of July/beginning of August.

Does anyone know how players get invited to try-out for one of the 50 spots on the spring evaluation team for each region?

The website states it is INVITE only, $200 for tryouts, only selecting 50 players from all who are invited to come to the tryouts (a few players for each position). Those 50 players will be evaluated and then 24 players will be selected to represent each region.

Just wondering if:

1- if the players are selected on past performance associated with 3d events??
2- if players are invited by coach recommendation??
3- if your son is not a powerhouse player on a powerhouse team, do not even bother mentioning it to him???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do these goalies justify sitting on the bench. Can't get better there. One goalie who is attending Chaminade as a 2018 grad already walked off a team because he wasn't getting playing time and another reclassified because of the goalie playing there.

Not sure, but I would say some goalies are there because they want a better education than their local HS can afford them, and not just there for lacrosse. They get to put the sport on their resume if they are rostered and they rely on their club team for play. They get better because they do have a good team shooting on them at practice and they get two good coaches to recruit for them- HS and club. I could be wrong, but I believe I have heard that both ST As and Chaminade consistently place their goalies in good schools and not just their starting goalie. I do agree it has to be hard to be a good goalie and never get a chance to play and I would not blame some kids if they leave Chaminade or St As if they do not make the team or get to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone on 2018 must be in the know regarding the 3d venture with USA Today for the upcoming Great State Showdown-GSS.

All I heard in FL was: 24 players will be rostered for each regional team to play in the Championship game in PA at the end of July/beginning of August.

Does anyone know how players get invited to try-out for one of the 50 spots on the spring evaluation team for each region?

The website states it is INVITE only, $200 for tryouts, only selecting 50 players from all who are invited to come to the tryouts (a few players for each position). Those 50 players will be evaluated and then 24 players will be selected to represent each region.

Just wondering if:

3- if your son is not a powerhouse player on a powerhouse team, do not even bother mentioning it to him???

if this is anything like the rest of the events that 3d runs, if you are not on 3d, chances are, even the top LI players will not get the option to tryout, 3d promotes their players first and will usually take a mediocre 3d player over a top non-3d player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure, but I would say some goalies are there because they want a better education than their local HS can afford them, and not just there for lacrosse. They get to put the sport on their resume if they are rostered and they rely on their club team for play. They get better because they do have a good team shooting on them at practice and they get two good coaches to recruit for them- HS and club. I could be wrong, but I believe I have heard that both ST As and Chaminade consistently place their goalies in good schools and not just their starting goalie. I do agree it has to be hard to be a good goalie and never get a chance to play and I would not blame some kids if they leave Chaminade or St As if they do not make the team or get to play.

Agree about the education part. The issue about getting better is if there are 6 goalies goalie #1 gets most reps with starting players then #2 some reps. How can there be enough time for the others get any quality reps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree about the education part. The issue about getting better is if there are 6 goalies goalie #1 gets most reps with starting players then #2 some reps. How can there be enough time for the others get any quality reps.

Okay- true... 5-6 goalies seem like too many. How many FO do they take?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Okay- true... 5-6 goalies seem like too many. How many FO do they take?

FOGO guys are a different situation. You can have 4 and they can just constantly be working on their craft all alone. 2 guys going head to head live and 2 guys working the sidelines going live or pinching and popping all day long. If they are not just FOGO then running with the middies. Goalies need to be playing in live game situation and have a set of trained eyes on them to asses and evaluate during practice and training situations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just wondering if:

if this is anything like the rest of the events that 3d runs, if you are not on 3d, chances are, even the top LI players will not get the option to tryout, 3d promotes their players first and will usually take a mediocre 3d player over a top non-3d player.

If that is the case, which teams from Westchester, NYC, LI have 3d affiliations?

That would mean that the players from those teams would be entered as NY Downstate region players. Why would they advertise if they have preselected players to fill the 50 spots.

The Empire State Team/LI Region had tryouts and selected players to make up the teams. It did not matter which club affiliation the players were with. The best players were selected and they played.

Any insight????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just wondering if:

If that is the case, which teams from Westchester, NYC, LI have 3d affiliations?

That would mean that the players from those teams would be entered as NY Downstate region players. Why would they advertise if they have preselected players to fill the 50 spots.

The Empire State Team/LI Region had tryouts and selected players to make up the teams. It did not matter which club affiliation the players were with. The best players were selected and they played.

Any insight????

The best players played in Empire state? They were asking kids to play without seeing them. These are all fun events, but every one is a money grab. No value playing there except getting a cool helmet or shirt and feeling good about yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just wondering if:

Any insight????

The best players played in Empire state? They were asking kids to play without seeing them. These are all fun events, but every one is a money grab. No value playing there except getting a cool helmet or shirt and feeling good about yourself.

Can anyone else, who may have had a son play for a 3d team/event, shed some light. According to the website, 16 regions will be convening in PA for a championship weekend. From what I saw at 3d camp in FL a few weeks back, there is plenty of talent out there, many not 3d, especially from here on LI.

It is a shame that we have the parent who thinks that is it only about a helmet wrap.

I do not doubt the 3d player will be recognized first, but NY Downstate, which must include LI, has some of the best players who are not 3d affiliated. I am hard pressed to believe those boys will be overlooked if given an opportunity to tryout especially those 2018/19/20.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer tournament schedule - what tourneys are teams headed to this summer? What are considered to be the best tourneys for getting seen by college coaches?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Showcase concern/question:

Before I click send with my cc info and no chance of a refund----

If your son has attended please enlighten me about:

FAB FROSH ---- Invites are out and I need to reply.

TOP 205 Lacrosse ----Invites are out and I need to reply.

Page 37 of 52 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard