BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,788
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What's Your View? Player Passes
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thank you for a full, well put together thought without the Yankee/baseball stuff. but the question remains. With the apparent lack of goalies, is it cheating to, in mid season, add a goalie of the same age to your roster, or are you so confident that it will never happen to your kid that your willing to say that no matter how hard a group of kids work, that the team as a whole should suffer for a situation that is basically beyond anyones control. I am sure every team would like to carry 28 kids and 2 or 3 goalies, but the truth is that kids want to play with there friends and if little johnny is playing for express that little jimmy wants to also. This isn't soccer or baseball where there are millions of kids to chose from, it's lacrosse, a very small community. We need to address this issue civilly. If you want to stay with the "I have mine" attitude, and not be fair to all the kids,not just yours, then maybe soccer or baseball is the game for you
ithink we may have found some common ground! i have no problem with a player the same age playing as a guest on a team, it's done in soccer tournaments all the time, i just don't want my sixth grader playing your sixth grader and your eigth grader and/or his friends filling in for a missing goalie or or anyone else. i've already been to too manmy tournaments wherer a real good player or three dominate a game and then we see them playing on another field with kids two years older, our coach was actually told by another coach after a tournament that he needed a few extra players so an older sibling and couple of friends played - we lost 9-6, 8 gaols were scored by that group of players

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for a full, well put together thought without the Yankee/baseball stuff. but the question remains. With the apparent lack of goalies, is it cheating to, in mid season, add a goalie of the same age to your roster, or are you so confident that it will never happen to your kid that your willing to say that no matter how hard a group of kids work, that the team as a whole should suffer for a situation that is basically beyond anyones control. I am sure every team would like to carry 28 kids and 2 or 3 goalies, but the truth is that kids want to play with there friends and if little johnny is playing for express that little jimmy wants to also. This isn't soccer or baseball where there are millions of kids to chose from, it's lacrosse, a very small community. We need to address this issue civilly. If you want to stay with the "I have mine" attitude, and not be fair to all the kids,not just yours, then maybe soccer or baseball is the game for you
ithink we may have found some common ground! i have no problem with a player the same age playing as a guest on a team, it's done in soccer tournaments all the time, i just don't want my sixth grader playing your sixth grader and your eigth grader and/or his friends filling in for a missing goalie or or anyone else. i've already been to too manmy tournaments wherer a real good player or three dominate a game and then we see them playing on another field with kids two years older, our coach was actually told by another coach after a tournament that he needed a few extra players so an older sibling and couple of friends played - we lost 9-6, 8 gaols were scored by that group of players
I absolutely agree that that is cheating. Putting in midfielders attackmen or defenders, that are older and can dominate a game, Especially in the younger age groups, the team should have been disqualified from the tournament, and in that case your correct, If you show up for a tournament and you don't have all rostered players and can't field a full team you should not be allowed to Fill your roster". But I am talking about injuries to a goalie, and replacing them with a player no more than 1 year senior. I think we all can admit, playing goal in lax is is hard, and no matter how good you are your going to get scored on, even by younger players. A good goalie can keep you on a game , or even win one if the circumstances are all in line, but a goalie could never dominate a game the way you described

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Older kids dont belong on the field, no matter the position. If you cant find a goalie of the same age then you don't play the game. To say a good goalie cant make a HUGE difference in a game makes me think your kids team hasn't had the benefit of a truly gifted goalie. Whether an older player is scoring points for your sons team, or in the case of a goalie, blocking points for the other team the result is the same, an unfair advantage provided by cheating and using older kids. If you cant find a goalie why not look a year below? It always seems that people solve the problem of lack of players by reaching up a year instead of pulling a player up from a year younger team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son's travel team has 2 amazing goalies that can dominate a game. If they ever played down it would be a crime. They consistantly play up.

IMO, YOU ARE SO WRONG, GOALIE IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT SPOTS AND CAN CHANGE THE OUTCOME OF A GAME.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I unfortunatley witnessed my town's B/C team do this (during winter). The team had one sub so the coaches went to the crowd and physically looked/moved over a few boys the proper age (from the same town) only to play older boys some whom were the coaches older sons. The older boys were 1 year older.

The over-looked boys (my son included) were the right age. But were also head and shoulders skill wise than the older boys who were asked.

But it left such an impression on the boys who were the right age.

I was later told that the opposing coaches were told that there were older boys playing who skills were not as sharp playing. I was also told, the opposing coach was actually happy that none of the A players were selected to fill in.

Conflicted here. Why?

Because the RIGHT thing was probably to take the older less skilled boys because of the level of play. But my town's team didnt use those boys as subs, instead started them which led to a victory. WHICH IS SOO WRONG.

If a child was left back, started late, whatever it is okay (as long as the player falls within the grade parameters). But to take a boy you know is not of proper age, especially when it is your son then start and use them more than your own players is inexcusable.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if the express/commack coach was suspended for using illegal players in the town tournament for Shamrock!! Our town team played by the rules and this man used an illegal player and proceeded to use that player in the braveheart to win the tournament!! really unfortunate

What are group was this? If it was 4th grade I heard the same thing. What are we teaching our kids, better to cheat then to play by the rules. Insane that the coaches ego got in the way here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if the express/commack coach was suspended for using illegal players in the town tournament for Shamrock!! Our town team played by the rules and this man used an illegal player and proceeded to use that player in the braveheart to win the tournament!! really unfortunate

What are group was this? If it was 4th grade I heard the same thing. What are we teaching our kids, better to cheat then to play by the rules. Insane that the coaches ego got in the way here.

I know my sons town team sometimes has guest players to help fill a roster in a non PAL game. It happens. If they stack a team with many players thats an issue. You would be surprised how many teams fill in with guest players. Its 4th grade...... relax ! You have many years ahead of you. This supports having players having passes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son's travel team has 2 amazing goalies that can dominate a game. If they ever played down it would be a crime. They consistantly play up.

IMO, YOU ARE SO WRONG, GOALIE IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT SPOTS AND CAN CHANGE THE OUTCOME OF A GAME.
My child is a very gifted goalie that plays not only on a travel teams "A" team. but on a high school Varsity team as a starter on a very good squad. I myself played lacrosse with some of the best players, 2 of which are in the national hall of fame, and coached some players that I'm certain will be some day. So with 20+ years in lacrosse I can tell you two things about goalies. I have seen the best goalie get absolutely lit up by mediocre players because there was no defense in front them, and I have seen kids that have never been in the crease not even face a shot because the D was so tight. Dan Marino fro G.C. is probably one of the best keepers on L.I. today, Let a fairly talented 5th grader take 10 shots on him and he'll get 3 in. A goalie can win a game, but can never dominate one.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard