BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 128 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the details of the Nike deal with Crabs? Free stuff or the typical Under Armour deal where families pay wholesale prices for swag. Our son's program did a UA deal like that and the only freebie is a camps or clinics pinnie. Is this a deal that feeds VLC too? The real treasure trove is events, does this make Crabs a partner in Nike showcase events and tournaments? If that is the case, this is a war to the death between the brands Adrenaline/West Coast Starz vs. Nike/Crabs on the events side. Anyone close enough to know the details?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs deal is a discount apparel arrangement. Same deal Nike gives high schools and some private club programs in soccer. Not a big deal really except for the public relations flair. If other clubs want a $30 wicking t-shirt for $18 they can get them at a Nike outlet store and iron on the club logo. Typical Ryan McClernan, you'd think this was bigger than Ohio State's deal from the twitter traffic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[Thanks for the inside info Phil Knight. Keep trying to tear down something you secretly admire. Maybe your kid will make the Crabs next year, nah...probably not.)quote=Anonymous]Crabs deal is a discount apparel arrangement. Same deal Nike gives high schools and some private club programs in soccer. Not a big deal really except for the public relations flair. If other clubs want a $30 wicking t-shirt for $18 they can get them at a Nike outlet store and iron on the club logo. Typical Ryan McClernan, you'd think this was bigger than Ohio State's deal from the twitter traffic. [/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[Thanks for the inside info Phil Knight. Keep trying to tear down something you secretly admire. Maybe your kid will make the Crabs next year, nah...probably not.)quote=Anonymous]Crabs deal is a discount apparel arrangement. Same deal Nike gives high schools and some private club programs in soccer. Not a big deal really except for the public relations flair. If other clubs want a $30 wicking t-shirt for $18 they can get them at a Nike outlet store and iron on the club logo. Typical Ryan McClernan, you'd think this was bigger than Ohio State's deal from the twitter traffic.
[/quote]

You're welcome Ryan, and no thanks. Our kid very happy at his club team. Good luck using an apparel discount deal to prop your dying influence in the industry up.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no idea what you are talking about.

If the details were in Crabs interests to brag about they'd brag about it. Kind of pathetic for a club to pump its own tires over getting a good price on t shirts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As far as lacrosse club visibility is concerned, the crabs have to be at or near the top. If Nike wants to influence the lacrosse kids, they really could not have picked a more visible platform for their ads and products. I don't see what there is to argue or complain about. I just hope the $ spreads to other clubs to bring my costs down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son now plays for Crabs and Coach Ryan.
We came over from a competitor.

The personal attacks are so far off base, it's not even funny.

He could not be more helpful, classy and just great to be around.

He really cares about the kids.

Merry Christmas to ALL!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting no crabs on Ty's 2018 top list. I guess there has been a falling out or that is a weak year for the crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty is too busy kissing Philly and Long Island [lacrosse].

Dukes has a ton of commits

Can't beast Crabs.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs have 3 commits
A ton more getting close.

Not a weak year. You will see....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was nice to my wife the first year we were married

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enjoy the community college swag.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was nice to my wife the first year we were married

Funny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, if your son is a good player and is marketable to colleges you may have a good experience. Don't speak for everyone. McClernan's reputation for being classless and treating kids like garbage on the way out is well known and has repeated again and again over the years. Hope your son doesn't break is arm skateboarding a month before fall tryouts and can't attend tryouts, so there goes his spot. What he cares about above all else is himself and his status, and if this statement were incorrect you would not be reading up on the countless negative experiences.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious..Is there any soccer forums, baseball forums, football forums, that discuss a sport in Baltimore like lacrosse.
Most of the clubs have some remarks made about them,, and Crabs, Madlax, Breakers, etc,etc have many remarks?
Is there another sport in Balt with this much detail at youth level online and in forums?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, if your son is a good player and is marketable to colleges you may have a good experience. Don't speak for everyone. McClernan's reputation for being classless and treating kids like garbage on the way out is well known and has repeated again and again over the years. Hope your son doesn't break is arm skateboarding a month before fall tryouts and can't attend tryouts, so there goes his spot. What he cares about above all else is himself and his status, and if this statement were incorrect you would not be reading up on the countless negative experiences.

Bitter bitter bitter ...
Bet you never played past jv

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bitter bitter bitter ...
Bet you never played past jv

Sounds like Breakers or FCA material...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get over yourself. Worst kept secret in Maryland is McClernan is a bully and a big baby when people don't kiss his arse and roll over and play dead for him. His teams never ever lost games until 4 years ago, and now they they are one of several teams that compete to win tournaments. Madlax 2018s get the better of his team, so do FCA. Why do you think this trend continues that other clubs get stronger and Crabs get weaker each year? Look at the doormat VLC became since he took it over two years ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get over yourself. Worst kept secret in Maryland is McClernan is a bully and a big baby when people don't kiss his arse and roll over and play dead for him. His teams never ever lost games until 4 years ago, and now they they are one of several teams that compete to win tournaments. Madlax 2018s get the better of his team, so do FCA. Why do you think this trend continues that other clubs get stronger and Crabs get weaker each year? Look at the doormat VLC became since he took it over two years ago.

Wishful thinking, your still chasing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs have 3 commits
A ton more getting close.

Not a weak year. You will see....

Hey, ungrateful quitter. Good morning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for Crabs 2018.

Beat Madlax and FCA handily..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Madlax 2018 got beat badly that last time they face the Crabs. Their OT win last year was a fluke.

2. VLC became much stronger after Crabs bought them. They have more college commits than anyone in the DMV (and Crabs continue to have the most in the Mid-Atlantic).

3. Lacrosse is everywhere not so powerhouse clubs like Crabs and Duke's aren't as dominant as they used to be. That's not headline news. But the Crabs are still one of the top clubs in the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

..they lost to both of them also

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

..they lost to both of them also

So we have 2 jerkoffs proving a point that any one of several youth clubs around the country can beat each other on any given day. Thanks for providing the obvious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact you guys care about the final score cracks me up. It's about being seen for 9th graders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty pathetic that in this sport the coaches, parents and other adults actually teach that kids shouldn't care about team, team performance or being a good teammate and should never care about competing to win. Pretty soon prep school teams will talk about how it is no big deal winning their conference or beating their rivals because it is all about being the team with the most commits. I'd rather have my kid look back someday and say he played on championship teams and made all-american. The fact that you are enough of a loser to post that pretty much tells me you never did anything in a sport because nobody who did would write such a thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact you guys care about the final score cracks me up. It's about being seen for 9th graders.

I am sure you really lit it up at the 6th grade spelling bee and then again in the middle school floor hockey league. You and McClernan should have a pizza eating contest to get seen and noticed. Loser.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really these teams have tryouts 2 to 3 times a year. And 90% of the kids play for there local or school teams thats where winning and team sucess matters. These teams are like the Pro Bowl in football. And one of the biggest parts of being seen is being a team player and the Scouts look and see that. But for us to come on here and agrue over which team is better is a joke. The turnover is nutts for all these teams. They should play to win the games but to act like if the Crabs go 15-0 or 14-1 the kids will be less offers is nuts. All the team sites talk about getting your kid to the next level not winning medels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Winning is more fun. Print it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Show me a kid who does not care about winning, or has been urged not to by his parents or coaches, and I will thank you and move down the list of kids to recruit. The ones you want have ability and passion to win. Need both. Nothing worse than a kid obsessed with individual accolades on a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Winning isnt everything..it is the only thing! Print that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the odds of my kid that made the 2022 crabs team still bring on the same team when in highschool. Is it better to play for crabs at younger age or older ages.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the odds of my kid that made the 2022 crabs team still bring on the same team when in highschool. Is it better to play for crabs at younger age or older ages.

About the same as any pro athlete making the all star team 4 to 7 times in a row.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I never said winning is not important and the kids do want to win with everthing they got. But as a parent of lets say a goalie who is the 5th best in the state of maryland. And there is the 1st ranke goalie playing for the Crabs do you have your son play for the crabs? or do you play for the Hawks.....etc?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its better to play for the Crabs as long as you can. And you are hitting the field while playing for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its better to play for the Crabs as long as you can. And you are hitting the field while playing for them.

Crabs haven't been working with the younger kids for long. It will be interesting to see if they put as much into development and practices as other clubs, or just focus on recruiting and visibility like with the older kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless he is a holdback from 1st grade he will probably get bumped later by a reclassify or holdback later. Odds are against you with Crabs unless you are older.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man all this talk of holdbacks over and over again. I was never thinking about holding my son back, but after hearing over and over again about it I think I am going to go fill the paper work out today.
LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of the 21 kids that played for the Crabs 2018 U13 team two seasons ago - only 7 of them are on the current 2018 team. Approximately 7 of last year's 2018 U15 Crabs are repeating U15 again this year and are now 2019 players for the Crabs. The Crabs jettison and reload because they can.

Like Reply Quote
Page 26 of 128 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard