BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,360
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 206 of 327 1 2 204 205 206 207 208 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are crazy if you take a spot on the 3rd or 4th team in the 2021,2022,2023 years. Last year the 2021 3rd team got sent to the crappy tourns, and the girls got one less tournament than the rest of the teams, after paying the same fees. CR response to that was "tough, think of it as a reward for the better teams".

If CR responded "tough ..." To my concerns, I'd quit.

That's her reply to many things. Her way or the highway. She knows there are 2 more lemmings ot take the place of th one who left. She doesn't care at all for the 3rd or 4th teams (after your check clears), they are additional source of income.

I disagree. They are 3rd and 4th teams for a reason but it does give a lower D1, D2 or D3 type athlete a club to play for. I'm not sure what kind of "care" you are looking for.

I'm glad you disagree, it's because you need to justify your daughter being on one of those teams. Your daughter could play on another program and at a minimum be treated fairly and respectfully. That is care.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are crazy if you take a spot on the 3rd or 4th team in the 2021,2022,2023 years. Last year the 2021 3rd team got sent to the crappy tourns, and the girls got one less tournament than the rest of the teams, after paying the same fees. CR response to that was "tough, think of it as a reward for the better teams".

That's her reply to many things. Her way or the highway. She knows there are 2 more lemmings ot take the place of th one who left. She doesn't care at all for the 3rd or 4th teams (after your check clears), they are additional source of income.

I disagree. They are 3rd and 4th teams for a reason but it does give a lower D1, D2 or D3 type athlete a club to play for. I'm not sure what kind of "care" you are looking for.

THere is no one from the 3rd or 4th team going division 1 or any decent div 2 or 3 as a recruited player. Maybe a hopeful walk-on. But if you need to keep your dream alive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymouss
Unregistered
Anonymouss
Unregistered
A
Y does it have to be FAF y can't it just be that's the way it is. All of us spend most of our summer together. I would like to think that the girls as well as ourselves are making friends.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

THere is no one from the 3rd or 4th team going division 1 or any decent div 2 or 3 as a recruited player. Maybe a hopeful walk-on. But if you need to keep your dream alive.

FYI there are D1 commits From the 3rd teams. You can compare the rosters and the verbal commit list on the YJ website.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymouss
Y does it have to be FAF y can't it just be that's the way it is. All of us spend most of our summer together. I would like to think that the girls as well as ourselves are making friends.

Another crack smoker. You must be FAF.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

THere is no one from the 3rd or 4th team going division 1 or any decent div 2 or 3 as a recruited player. Maybe a hopeful walk-on. But if you need to keep your dream alive.[/quote]

FYI there are D1 commits From the 3rd teams. You can compare the rosters and the verbal commit list on the YJ website. [/quote]
Committed , with no money, glorified walk-on at best. And CR had nothing to do with helping any of those girls get on a team. If you're not from the right town, there is no recruiting help, whether you pay the "recruiting fee" ransom or not. It's just if you don't pay her ransom, she won't even acknowledge that your kid plays for YJ.

Good luck with that 3rd and 4th team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow such love and support between teams from the same club. Just fror [lacrosse] let me add this little tid bit, Rob Pannell, leading scorer in D1 history was not recruited right out of H.S. , nor was he chosen first out of P.G. year. it was another recruit that suggested to the coach that he get a chance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FYI there are D1 commits From the 3rd teams. You can compare the rosters and the verbal commit list on the YJ website. [/quote]
Committed , with no money, glorified walk-on at best. And CR had nothing to do with helping any of those girls get on a team. If you're not from the right town, there is no recruiting help, whether you pay the "recruiting fee" ransom or not. It's just if you don't pay her ransom, she won't even acknowledge that your kid plays for YJ.

Good luck with that 3rd and 4th team. [/quote]

You would be surprised how many "Committed" kids aren't getting anything more than a roster spot or $2,500 just to make them feel good. That's what no one ever talks about. My school treats girls committing to SUNY D3's like Lebron picking Miami on ESPN. The fact that they are playing anywhere in college is great!!!! But new parents are really naïve with this whole committing thing.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

"Decent" school in what regards? Academically "decent" or lacrosse "decent". I'd say a student playing at RPI is doing much better than a student at Stony Brook (unless the student is in the Stony Brook medical school).

I would be curious to know what your decent D1, D2 and D3 schools are.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

FYI there are D1 commits From the 3rd teams. You can compare the rosters and the verbal commit list on the YJ website.

Good luck with that 3rd and 4th team. [/quote]

You would be surprised how many "Committed" kids aren't getting anything more than a roster spot or $2,500 just to make them feel good. That's what no one ever talks about. My school treats girls committing to SUNY D3's like Lebron picking Miami on ESPN. The fact that they are playing anywhere in college is great!!!! But new parents are really naïve with this whole committing thing. [/quote]

There are so many factors involved in what is best for the student. There is no professional career after the four collegiate years; after graduation it is the real world.

There are so many academic mismatches because "My kid is playing D1". As you have stated there are many D3 schools that treat their students like gold; they also let them be students. NESCAC schools are fantastic and treat the students very well. I also know a lot of students happy with their SUNY choice.

I helped a student get recruited to Notre Dame, Cornell and Richmond. Fantastic student and athlete. She chose Williams. Why? They offered her the same amount of money as the three D1 schools (not athletic-and a decent amount) AND they let her study abroad a semester. She is also active on campus. It is what she was looking for as a college experience. I'm not taking a way from the committed D1 player; I have helped a lot of those students as well and they are successful. I had one D1 coach respond to a study abroad question with "That's what you have grad school for". Hey, at least she was honest.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Wow such love and support between teams from the same club. Just fror [lacrosse] let me add this little tid bit, Rob Pannell, leading scorer in D1 history was not recruited right out of H.S. , nor was he chosen first out of P.G. year. it was another recruit that suggested to the coach that he get a chance.

There has always been a divide between the YJ first team, YJ second team and the rest of the YJ teams. The divide is mostly parent driven. The fact is the YJ place a lot of girls from different level teams throughout D!, D2 and D3 schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
25 girls per team, seriously?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There has always been a divide between the YJ first team, YJ second team and the rest of the YJ teams. The divide is mostly parent driven. The fact is the YJ place a lot of girls from different level teams throughout D!, D2 and D3 schools.

Can someone please tell me when the YJ's had more than 3 teams at a recruiting age in the past? Example - how many teams did they have at 2012,2013, 2014, etc.

It is my belief (and I could be wrong) that the YJ's only recently have had more than 3 teams per age group. due to growth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have any 2018 YJ's committed besides the goalie to Florida? Any know how many 2018 girls have committed overall nationally? Good info hard to find. thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have any 2018 YJ's committed besides the goalie to Florida? Any know how many 2018 girls have committed overall nationally? Good info hard to find. thanks
Please get a life, these girls are 14 years old, let them just play lacrosse and enjoy life, what's the rush....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7th and 8th grade commits are a joke. The recruiting process and the sport is broken. Holding kids back in HS, committing at 13 etc. It's indefensible. There should be a hard cap until Junior year. Would be better more informed decisions on both sides (kids and schools)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7th and 8th grade commits are a joke. The recruiting process and the sport is broken. Holding kids back in HS, committing at 13 etc. It's indefensible. There should be a hard cap until Junior year. Would be better more informed decisions on both sides (kids and schools)

AMEN!!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pay up folks. Clock is ticking. Those on the 3rd 4th and 5th team, might as well burn that cash. You're about to waste it! Get ready for some real disappointing tournaments, playing against Yellow Jacket and YJ North teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pay up folks. Clock is ticking. Those on the 3rd 4th and 5th team, might as well burn that cash. You're about to waste it! Get ready for some real disappointing tournaments, playing against Yellow Jacket and YJ North teams.

I don't care as long as they keeping making the logo wear in adult sizes and I can put up the window sticker I will pay the $3,000 a year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
25 girls per team, seriously?

TG 2017 has 27!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tough call for many. I know several players who were not happy with the second or third team offer from TGs, decided to roll dice with YJs only to be offered a spot on an even lower team. The switch is lateral teams in some cases and a team or two down in most cases. I do feel bad for several girls and parents I know because it is a tough decision to make. At this point all the tryouts are done so there are not many choices left. Reality of the situation is these people passed on 3rd team TG, now looking at 4th, 5th team YJ, its about the same thing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tough call for many. I know several players who were not happy with the second or third team offer from TGs, decided to roll dice with YJs only to be offered a spot on an even lower team. The switch is lateral teams in some cases and a team or two down in most cases. I do feel bad for several girls and parents I know because it is a tough decision to make. At this point all the tryouts are done so there are not many choices left. Reality of the situation is these people passed on 3rd team TG, now looking at 4th, 5th team YJ, its about the same thing

At least with TG they are allowed to play in the same tournaments as the other teams. With YJ they are sent to lesser tourneys that are mostly in house JY teams vs YJ teams. 1st and 2nd teams get to play in the real tourns ans the other teams are sent to YJ vs YJ tourns or to tourns to play town teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can someone please tell me when the YJ's had more than 3 teams at a recruiting age in the past? Example - how many teams did they have at 2012,2013, 2014, etc.

It is my belief (and I could be wrong) that the YJ's only recently have had more than 3 teams per age group. due to growth.

2014 had 4 teams. Only one between first and second teams is not playing in college, a few on third team were recruited, none on 4th team as far as I know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At least with TG they are allowed to play in the same tournaments as the other teams. With YJ they are sent to lesser tourneys that are mostly in house JY teams vs YJ teams. 1st and 2nd teams get to play in the real tourns ans the other teams are sent to YJ vs YJ tourns or to tourns to play town teams.

Or you can look at it from this perspective... Why is TG sending the top teams to the same weak [lacrosse] tournaments as the lower teams. That's what's going on here. But you have to send top teams to weak tournys so that they win a couple, keep up morale. TG had one age group that was in top 5 discussion, 2020, and not sure that is intact anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or you can look at it from this perspective... Why is TG sending the top teams to the same weak [lacrosse] tournaments as the lower teams. That's what's going on here. But you have to send top teams to weak tournys so that they win a couple, keep up morale. TG had one age group that was in top 5 discussion, 2020, and not sure that is intact anymore.

You're right about the status of 2020.As of right now there are some better players on 2020 purple than what's left on black. Black still has a handful of good players, not sure if they can pull it off this year esp with the new YJ reject that was recently added to the black team. Teams need reshuffling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

2014 had 4 teams. Only one between first and second teams is not playing in college, a few on third team were recruited, none on 4th team as far as I know.[/quote]

\-------------------------
If this a fact about the 3rd and 4th team I think many parents currently sending in checks for teams 3-6 have no idea that the only place their kid will be playing in college is on the intramural club team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2014 had 4 teams. Only one between first and second teams is not playing in college, a few on third team were recruited, none on 4th team as far as I know.[/quote]

If this a fact about the 3rd and 4th team I think many parents currently sending in checks for teams 3-6 have no idea that the only place their kid will be playing in college is on the intramural club team [/quote]

You are clearly an idiot. Intramural and club teams are completely different.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2014 had 4 teams. Only one between first and second teams is not playing in college, a few on third team were recruited, none on 4th team as far as I know.

If this a fact about the 3rd and 4th team I think many parents currently sending in checks for teams 3-6 have no idea that the only place their kid will be playing in college is on the intramural club team [/quote]

You are clearly an idiot. Intramural and club teams are completely different. [/quote]

Relax Carol!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough call for many. I know several players who were not happy with the second or third team offer from TGs, decided to roll dice with YJs only to be offered a spot on an even lower team. The switch is lateral teams in some cases and a team or two down in most cases. I do feel bad for several girls and parents I know because it is a tough decision to make. At this point all the tryouts are done so there are not many choices left. Reality of the situation is these people passed on 3rd team TG, now looking at 4th, 5th team YJ, its about the same thing [/quote]
[/quote]

Elevate is the EXACT same way. I spoke with my friend whose daughter plays there and this weekend they had practice and a special recruiting event for select 2016, 2017 and 2018 teams. NOT all of the teams were invited. She was really disappointed when she found out that all this was going on. Elevate always tells you how they treat ALL of the teams in an age group the same. That is not the case. Her daghter is on the 2018 team and was NOT asked to attend ANY of the events they have this weekend (practice and the special recruiting event being hosted by Elevate).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Elevate is the EXACT same way. I spoke with my friend whose daughter plays there and this weekend they had practice and a special recruiting event for select 2016, 2017 and 2018 teams. NOT all of the teams were invited. She was really disappointed when she found out that all this was going on. Elevate always tells you how they treat ALL of the teams in an age group the same. That is not the case. Her daghter is on the 2018 team and was NOT asked to attend ANY of the events they have this weekend (practice and the special recruiting event being hosted by Elevate). [/quote]

Elevate is not the "family" friendly organization they portray themselves to be. Well, they are a family, they just have their kids (the favorites that get invited to practice and special recruiting events) and the Elevate "step"kids who hear all the BS about being part of the family!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Elevate is the EXACT same way. I spoke with my friend whose daughter plays there and this weekend they had practice and a special recruiting event for select 2016, 2017 and 2018 teams. NOT all of the teams were invited. She was really disappointed when she found out that all this was going on. Elevate always tells you how they treat ALL of the teams in an age group the same. That is not the case. Her daghter is on the 2018 team and was NOT asked to attend ANY of the events they have this weekend (practice and the special recruiting event being hosted by Elevate). [/quote]

Interesting. My daughter plays in one of those age groups and we knew nothing about all of these things going on this weekend, the practice and recruiting clinic. It is funny because they sent A LOT of emails leading up to the holidays asking for money, charity, donations, etc. I guess they forgot to tell us about this weekend. Happy holidays "Team" Elevate and the Elevate "family"!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

What recruiting event did Elevate have for their 2018s this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting. My daughter plays in one of those age groups and we knew nothing about all of these things going on this weekend, the practice and recruiting clinic. It is funny because they sent A LOT of emails leading up to the holidays asking for money, charity, donations, etc. I guess they forgot to tell us about this weekend. Happy holidays "Team" Elevate and the Elevate "family"! [/quote]

Elevate tried to sneak it in under the radar during the holiday week but they clearly got caught and now will have more unhappy families.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate is not the "family" friendly organization they portray themselves to be. Well, they are a family, they just have their kids (the favorites that get invited to practice and special recruiting events) and the Elevate "step"kids who hear all the BS about being part of the family![/quote]

Its a hard knock life!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know when yellow jackets will be posting the tournaments for the summer? I thought it was supposed to have been done by yesterday at the latest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The longer you know Dave, the more his true colors are revealed. This has been going on there forever and won't stop. The rules only apply to everyone else smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know when yellow jackets will be posting the tournaments for the summer? I thought it was supposed to have been done by yesterday at the latest.

Summer tourneys for all age groups are now posted...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tournaments are up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The longer you know Dave, the more his true colors are revealed. This has been going on there forever and won't stop. The rules only apply to everyone else smile

Spoke to my friend at Elevate after I read the posts on this forum. Her daughter also was not invited to the events this weekend and had no idea that they were taking place until she heard it from somebody else. She was especially disappointed to learn about the recruiting event that Elevate set up for recruiting age girls. She said she was told when she signed up that all recruiting age girls would get the same opportunities and said this is not the first time this has happened this fall/winter. She knows she made a mistake with Elevate but said she knows she has to stick it out this year.

She said that she was also told that there would be some team winter opportunities. She said there have been no team practices and there has been no discussion about her daughter's team playing in a league. She specifically joined Elevate as they promoted how they play year round but so far has heard nothing. She seemed very annoyed and disappointed with the club on several fronts and then went on to tell me how she ordered clothes for the holiday for her daughter and the clothes came very late and were just awful, both the design and quality and were quite expensive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think people are learning that slowly but surely. Elevate does a good job of pretending about families and then screwing the ones they dont really care about. Which is worse than YJ who doesnt pretend to care about anyone and screws them all. I prefer the up front YJ approach better!

Like Reply Quote
Page 206 of 327 1 2 204 205 206 207 208 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard