Originally Posted by Anonymous

I disagree. They are 3rd and 4th teams for a reason but it does give a lower D1, D2 or D3 type athlete a club to play for. I'm not sure what kind of "care" you are looking for.

THere is no one from the 3rd or 4th team going division 1 or any decent div 2 or 3 as a recruited player. Maybe a hopeful walk-on. But if you need to keep your dream alive.

FYI there are D1 commits From the 3rd teams. You can compare the rosters and the verbal commit list on the YJ website.

Committed , with no money, glorified walk-on at best. And CR had nothing to do with helping any of those girls get on a team. If you're not from the right town, there is no recruiting help, whether you pay the "recruiting fee" ransom or not. It's just if you don't pay her ransom, she won't even acknowledge that your kid plays for YJ.

Good luck with that 3rd and 4th team. [/quote]

You would be surprised how many "Committed" kids aren't getting anything more than a roster spot or $2,500 just to make them feel good. That's what no one ever talks about. My school treats girls committing to SUNY D3's like Lebron picking Miami on ESPN. The fact that they are playing anywhere in college is great!!!! But new parents are really naļve with this whole committing thing. [/quote]

There are so many factors involved in what is best for the student. There is no professional career after the four collegiate years; after graduation it is the real world.

There are so many academic mismatches because "My kid is playing D1". As you have stated there are many D3 schools that treat their students like gold; they also let them be students. NESCAC schools are fantastic and treat the students very well. I also know a lot of students happy with their SUNY choice.

I helped a student get recruited to Notre Dame, Cornell and Richmond. Fantastic student and athlete. She chose Williams. Why? They offered her the same amount of money as the three D1 schools (not athletic-and a decent amount) AND they let her study abroad a semester. She is also active on campus. It is what she was looking for as a college experience. I'm not taking a way from the committed D1 player; I have helped a lot of those students as well and they are successful. I had one D1 coach respond to a study abroad question with "That's what you have grad school for". Hey, at least she was honest.