BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 44 of 83 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter plays three sports a year in HS, by a large margin the lacrosse parents booster club over steps the most. It's like a carry over of the super political summer travel season. They can't help themselves. Pick the 3 pasta nights, collect the $50 bucks for the sweatshirt and then just watch games like the rest of us. My kid plays school lax to get away from the summer political BS.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RIGHT!!
Watch out for the quiet parents in the crowd, (I have been around for a few years)
They are the ones who get it done behind everyones back, e-mails and phone calls NEVER one word while in the crowd.
Just watch the starting line ups that will tell you the whole story. You know the PARENT WHO SAYS I WOULD NEVER TALK TO A COACH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe you should have made better business decisions in your life and you could be one of the parents with money. I am so sick and tired of parents complaining about people that have very successful careers and make a large income. I for one am not ashamed of having money. Money buys a better life, influences people, and I am able to provide my daughter with the best coaching, private lax trainers, and private speed and agility trainers. I for one teach my children that having money is a good thing. Nothing in life is handed to you. You must go out and take it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Maybe you should have made better business decisions in your life and you could be one of the parents with money. I am so sick and tired of parents complaining about people that have very successful careers and make a large income. I for one am not ashamed of having money. Money buys a better life, influences people, and I am able to provide my daughter with the best coaching, private lax trainers, and private speed and agility trainers. I for one teach my children that having money is a good thing. Nothing in life is handed to you. You must go out and take it.

You are not the problem. I agree with you that you should teach your child to work hard and that if earning a lot of money is one of the results good for you and all who make it.

The "Problem" is the Athletic Directors and Coaches who allow themselves to be influenced. Coaches should play the best players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct, and lacrosse is a money sport. People think because we are in a big district we dominate in lacrosse, but that is not the case, because we are not an upper class district. A lot of the B & C class towns have money, and when we scrimmage them, we get killed. Their parents can afford the best camps, clinics, travel, privates, speed and agility training. Money can buy skill in this sport.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We had a mom decide on the saying that was used on the attire-kids and coaches had no idea there was going to be a saying much less what it meant!

Then you should have been involved instead of letting it happen then complain. At least she did something.

Nobody is allowed to help these 2 control freaks. Even the coach is annoyed with them. It's my child's last year and then we are gone but I intend on addressing several issues once I know they can't retaliate against my kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct, and lacrosse is a money sport. People think because we are in a big district we dominate in lacrosse, but that is not the case, because we are not an upper class district. A lot of the B & C class towns have money, and when we scrimmage them, we get killed. Their parents can afford the best camps, clinics, travel, privates, speed and agility training. Money can buy skill in this sport.

I disagree that money can buy skill. My daughter has played on a travel team with a girl for the past 4 years. Her parents are VERY well off and she is fortunate to have a private trainer for just about everything. 4 years later she is still slow, uncoordinated and has terrible stick skills. Money can buy opportunities but it can't always buy skill.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I disagree that money can buy skill. My daughter has played on a travel team with a girl for the past 4 years. Her parents are VERY well off and she is fortunate to have a private trainer for just about everything. 4 years later she is still slow, uncoordinated and has terrible stick skills. Money can buy opportunities but it can't always buy skill.

True, but it can buy a spot on TG and YJ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, I agree, money doesn't work in all cases, but if the girl has some athletic ability she will get better with all the extras, these are the girls we see standing out at the high school level.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I guess without underlying talent, all the training in the world isn't going to give you the skills you want. But if there is some innate ability then I'd say that money/training are going to yield results.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are born with it or you aren't. all the training in the world can't make someone with 2 left feet a top level player. The training does make a good player better...but never great. I do agree that paying into the travel system does reap benefits whether warranted or not. The extras do buy you access and some butt kissing helps too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know how the Nassau teams look this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In our program the Booster club is only there to assist the head coach with his plan for the season. Booster Club President and assistant plan fundraising and social events only. All team related issues are between the coach and the players. Btw the booster club people are hand picked by the coach. This keeps the butt kissers away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In our program the Booster club is only there to assist the head coach with his plan for the season. Booster Club President and assistant plan fundraising and social events only. All team related issues are between the coach and the players. Btw the booster club people are hand picked by the coach. This keeps the butt kissers away.

Our coach hand selects her "helpers" who all happen to play for her club program. How our AD and school let her get away with her clear conflicts of interest is simply amazing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our coach hand selects her "helpers" who all happen to play for her club program. How our AD and school let her get away with her clear conflicts of interest is simply amazing.
Our coach welcomes the butt kissers, and definitely favors those who belong to her travel program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those are the butt kissers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am truly amazed at the amount of whining that some people feel the need to post. I mean really. Have some self respect. If you are not able to navigate the girls lacrosse landscape successfully for your daughter then you need to look at your efforts and/or strategy. Being a spectator and not putting in the time and effort will most likely yeild bad results. That's how life works. Coming here to cry and complain and most likely do the same around your daughter teaches her nothing except what not to do. You can all say what you want about politics and money and how both influence ones level of success and my response is WELCOME TO REALITY. Maybe those of you on the wrong end of your programs politics should figure out a way to get on the right end of it. Maybe get involved more. Worst that can happen is you get to share some good experiences with your daughter. Either way it's better than the pity party your trying to drag us all to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our coach welcomes the butt kissers, and definitely favors those who belong to her travel program.

What town? Any guesses?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just got me email about selling cookie dough with the threat that if we don't sell she is telling the coach on us

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What town? Any guesses?

NP

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just got me email about selling cookie dough with the threat that if we don't sell she is telling the coach on us

I am a Varsity Booster Club President. The reality is that the booster club can not make your daughters sell anything. The coach may hear who sells and who doesn't but is wrong for them to take it out on the kids. Some families can not afford to buy all of the tickets and items that are sent home. One phone call to your AD and the Booster Club will be put in its place.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, I agree, money doesn't work in all cases, but if the girl has some athletic ability she will get better with all the extras, these are the girls we see standing out at the high school level.

There are many attributes that great players possess. Good players will do well in several categories, very good players in most categories and great players in all categories. This is a rare player, you might see a player or two on the blue or black team and that's it. Even on these elite top teams most of the players are far from a complete player in all these categories. The first three categories players can work on and improve, the rest you have to be born with.

1) SKILLS- cradling, left, right, shooting, dodging, rides, slides, checking, draws, boxing, transition etc.....

2) CONDITIONING- strength and cardio.

3) Lax IQ- This goes beyond knowing the rules, gamemenship and team philosophy. There are a million do's and don'ts that only seem mastered by college players.

4) SPEED- and know how and when to use it.

5) AGILITY - The ability to change direction on a dime and leave a defender in the dust. The hand speed to check that ball out and catch it before it hits the ground. The ability to constantly put your body in the way of an attacker turn after turn. Agility may be the most important attribute a player can have.

6) Athleticism - Could have left this one off as it is just basically a term we use to define a player with the above attributes.

7) Field Awareness - Not just being aware but acting on it and taking advantage of it, making the right decision every time so the player must be unselfish which rules out about 80% of players right off the bat.

8) Aggressiveness/hustle - Please do not mistake this for go to goal disease. It pertains to aggressiveness on all around field play.

The scary part of this is it will be lost on most parents out there, with the parent goggles on.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

There are many attributes that great players possess. Good players will do well in several categories, very good players in most categories and great players in all categories. This is a rare player, you might see a player or two on the blue or black team and that's it. Even on these elite top teams most of the players are far from a complete player in all these categories. The first three categories players can work on and improve, the rest you have to be born with.

1) SKILLS- cradling, left, right, shooting, dodging, rides, slides, checking, draws, boxing, transition etc.....

3) Lax IQ- This goes beyond knowing the rules, gamemenship and team philosophy. There are a million do's and don'ts that only seem mastered by college players.

5) AGILITY - The ability to change direction on a dime and leave a defender in the dust. The hand speed to check that ball out and catch it before it hits the ground. The ability to constantly put your body in the way of an attacker turn after turn. Agility may be the most important attribute a player can have.

6) Athleticism - Could have left this one off as it is just basically a term we use to define a player with the above attributes.

7) Field Awareness - Not just being aware but acting on it and taking advantage of it, making the right decision every time so the player must be unselfish which rules out about 80% of players right off the bat.

8) Aggressiveness/hustle - Please do not mistake this for go to goal disease. It pertains to aggressiveness on all around field play.

The scary part of this is it will be lost on most parents out there, with the parent goggles on.

I like it. This is a good list. I very much agree with #7. The great players have great game sense and not just tunnel vision, and not just passing to their friend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am truly amazed at the amount of whining that some people feel the need to post. I mean really. Have some self respect. If you are not able to navigate the girls lacrosse landscape successfully for your daughter then you need to look at your efforts and/or strategy. Being a spectator and not putting in the time and effort will most likely yeild bad results. That's how life works. Coming here to cry and complain and most likely do the same around your daughter teaches her nothing except what not to do. You can all say what you want about politics and money and how both influence ones level of success and my response is WELCOME TO REALITY. Maybe those of you on the wrong end of your programs politics should figure out a way to get on the right end of it. Maybe get involved more. Worst that can happen is you get to share some good experiences with your daughter. Either way it's better than the pity party your trying to drag us all to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

I like it. This is a good list. I very much agree with #7. The great players have great game sense and not just tunnel vision, and not just passing to their friend.

and what credentials do you have to post a list and/or like or agree with it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's always the travel parents with their fingerprints on the booster clubs. We just want to play school lacrosse and not write the $4,000 check you do every summer. How come other school sports do fine without all this meddling? We play school sports to get away from your politics...

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
It's always the travel parents with their fingerprints on the booster clubs. We just want to play school lacrosse and not write the $4,000 check you do every summer. How come other school sports do fine without all this meddling? We play school sports to get away from your politics...

It's in every sport, not just lacrosse. We even have what we call the "basketball mafia" in our district, a bunch of families who run the show.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Same as anybody else with eyes, a brain, and experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our coach has made it very clear that if you don't play travel for her program then you have a problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our coach has made it very clear that if you don't play travel for her program then you have a problem.

It shouldn't be any clearer for you. Call your AD and make a complaint.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It shouldn't be any clearer for you. Call your AD and make a complaint.

Complaints have fallen on deaf ears.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You whiners make me sick!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody cares that you play on the "A" summer travel team or that your daughter committed in 3rd grade. Save your BS for summers and leave school ball alone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a whiner. Just a parent of a great kid who also happens to be a great player (D1commit) who is sick and tired of the politics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same as anybody else with eyes, a brain, and experience.

And obviously way too much time on his hands. Get a life you loser.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a whiner. Just a parent of a great kid who also happens to be a great player (D1commit) who is sick and tired of the politics.

Very touching. Who cares. If you can't take the heat get out.
Otherwise what do you whiners propose?
Do you want NO involvement from anyone other than coaches?
Because your weak and can't seem to handle HS sports maybe you should find another hobby. Maybe bingo will work. Oh wait....who's gonna call the numbers and handle the markers and cards and money.....POLITICS IN BINGO TO....WAHHH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The points of the list are dead on, what does it matter if it came from a veteran D1 head coach or Suzie's mom from the PAL team. Perhaps you could expand the list or fine tune it but you really can't take anything off of it or argue any of the points are wrong or unimportant. Sorry if your daughter doesn't show well on the list, put your goggles back on, life is alot easier to accept when you are ignorant and oblivious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The points of the list are dead on, what does it matter if it came from a veteran D1 head coach or Suzie's mom from the PAL team. Perhaps you could expand the list or fine tune it but you really can't take anything off of it or argue any of the points are wrong or unimportant. Sorry if your daughter doesn't show well on the list, put your goggles back on, life is alot easier to accept when you are ignorant and oblivious.

Kinda like you. Talk about ignorant you liberal sad sack. According to you everyone should play the same right? Don't want the girls that can't catch or run to get upset right?You make competitive sports athletes sick.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very touching. Who cares. If you can't take the heat get out.
Otherwise what do you whiners propose?
Do you want NO involvement from anyone other than coaches?
Because your weak and can't seem to handle HS sports maybe you should find another hobby. Maybe bingo will work. Oh wait....who's gonna call the numbers and handle the markers and cards and money.....POLITICS IN BINGO TO....WAHHH
This guy must be one of those F&F people you guys talk about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody cares that you play on the "A" summer travel team or that your daughter committed in 3rd grade. Save your BS for summers and leave school ball alone.

AMEN

Page 44 of 83 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard