Originally Posted by Anonymous
Stay away from S2S - Complete money grab especially at the B level. If your kid isn't the top 13 on the roster he won't get any playing time either.

That’s true of every club team.

It’s Ok to be on a B team. If you don’t have high level d1 or d3 dreams you will find a college to play at

You really banking on 6th grade lacrosse as a barometer of your kid going D-1? Oh boy

Not sure what this means. Don’t think anyone is saying that. I think this means if you are on a B team you will find a college amongst the 300 non D1 / non high d3 college out there

Dude literally wrote it’s ok to be on a B team if you don’t have high level d-1 or d3 dreams. I think that’s exactly what he means. That’s what happens when you spend money on lacrosse training instead of tutors.

Club Lax is a sport where you essentially need money to play it. I agree with spending money on tutors but I’m guessing most kids who don’t commit high d3 or high d1 are all that interested in tutors or academics. So many times, I’ve seen kids make the lacrosse decision instead of the academic decision just so they can say they committed to play lacrosse. Maddening, these 4 year decisions with lifetime consequences. But like I said, if your goal is to play lax and you don’t care what the level is you will find a home and many of these schools, you also don’t need a tutor to get in

So the good lacrosse players are also the smart kids? My God it’s so pathetic. What an exhausting bunch of people lacrosse parents are. Just remember, there is no money in the sport, the investment you make in club lacrosse, lessons, training etc will never ever be recovered through any athletic scholarship for lacrosse.

Dude. It sound like you are trying to have any arguement with yourself. No one here is saying lacrosse ROI is worth it. From a financial standpoint lacrosse makes zero sense. However this is a lacrosse forum and people are talking about the perceived value of lacrosse relatively to the sport itself. I’m sure you get on all the Bentley forums as well and say put money on tutors and education. Only person that’s pathetic on a lacrosse forum and the the person posting on a not-serious lacrosse forum about how notIntelligent lacrosse posts are.

With regards to the best students it is a well known fact that most of these high performing colleges don’t have a lot of wiggle room with the exception of 1-2 athletes. Most athletes are in the ballpark when it comes to their respective institutions so yes, they have to be kind of smart