Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thank you everyone for the kind support. I have to clarify a few things. My son was playing on a very low level B team. He played. Playing time wasn’t the issue. He participated in the normal end of summer ritual of tryouts. After the tryout we never heard from the team. So we have no idea if he was cut or not? I know of a another player who tried out and heard he made the team. Perhaps they lost my number or email? So all things being equal. I think he was cut. So, it’s okay in my opinion. He seems fine now but had a tough time earlier. Time heals all wounds. This is what I mean about the BS. I think once again a blessing in disguise. Just feel communication is the biggest fault with club lacrosse. My story is just one facet. What about the kids who make the “A” team? The parents are happy. The player is happy. Then after a few weeks of practices? A new player shows up at practice. Think nothing of it. Then that player is starting while yours is now on the sideline. But he’s on the “A” team. There are other more notable stories of dread from the club lax world. I have witnessed a lot. I have heard a lot. And I still think my situation isn’t that bad, just unfortunate. I think If your son is on the LILJ top 50 players list. And on an elite club team that’s awesome. God gave him a gift and I wish him the best. For me, It was fun while it lasted. Got my Saturdays back.

In all honesty, if a club can’t be bothered the communicate whether a player made the team or not, then that portends poor communication going forward so you saved yourself a whole buttload of future frustration. Congrats on reclaiming your lives from the insanity that we call lacrosse which helps many kids but frustrates many more.