Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 the best players play the rest just watch from the sidelines
Express is the clearest example of the lacrosse money grab, announce a new coach right before tryouts? Great marketing ploy …. Good luck with him showing up more than 50% of the time , I’m sure he has higher priorities with his HS players. Player development is not priority one with express it is bloated rosters and constantly looking for the next new kid , it’s a year round open door policy .
That being said have your nephew tryout for a few clubs and go with the organization that’s gonna help him grow and where he can compete… AA or B means very little at this age in two years then I would say it matters these kids are still young and will have major physical changes over the next two years that will dictate their future

Most teams like 91 play their best players and others watch more than play, nature of the beast. As far as Express those coaches were announced before tryouts, so what? Wouldn’t you like to know who your coach will be before trying out? The Express 29’s are lucky to have such a quality person and coach. Older kids graduate and coaches move back down to younger ages to start again. As far as AA vs B play where your talent fits but don’t be afraid to have the child play up on the AA. It’s fine to be on B but in my experience you tend to get labeled a B player and later on it’s hard to move up to a AA team as rosters tend to get set by middle school and harder to crack into as coaches start to look for individual positions to improve at, ie FOGO or Lefty middie.