@BackOfTheCAGE
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse pertaining to Boys 2029 (5th Graders) & Fall 2021/Summer 2022 season.
Originally Posted by TheBackOfTheCage
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse pertaining to Boys 2029 (9th Graders) & Fall 2021/Summer 2022 season.

2029, 9th graders???
What are the rankings for this year?
91/express/igloo/empire tops?
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Was that a mistype? Empire?

Was that a mistype? Empire?
Nope. They gotta Benton 5
1 91 Pride
2 Express
3 Legacy
4 igloo
5 Rush
6 Rebels
7 Empire
8 E3
Is Rush fielding a 2029, did not last year.
Is it true, it’s true it’s true . No turtles 2029. 2028 ‘s take note, not an organization to attach too.
What happened to 2029 turtles? And this is a 2029 board, why 2028 talk??

2028 Turtle parents are TOXIC and ruined a good thing!
2028 turtles parents ruined 2029 turtles? How did that happen?

Turtles not enough kids at 29 age level to field team. Will most likely happen at other ages too...

2028 Turtle parents are TOXIC and ruined a good thing!

What the heck are you talking about and this is 2029 thread
Is it true, it’s true it’s true . No turtles 2029. 2028 ‘s take note, not an organization to attach too.
This dope obviously thought they were on 2028 thread and obviously trying to stir the pot
Any teams have any big changes? Pick up any top players?
Is this supposed to be national rankings? Or regional?
Any teams have any big changes? Pick up any top players?

"Top players?"

This is 5th grade. There aren't top players yet. This is about keeping the boys playing and getting better.
This IS 5th grade. It IS about having the boys get better. But, if you are saying all the players are equal at this age, you’re delusional. There are top players at every age. I’m not saying who is top now will be top in a few years, but there are boys who are clearly better!
So where did these “top players” go? Any major moves, team breakups besides turtles? Where did turtles players wind up?
Turtles definitely has some good players. Think 91 then the rest in this order now but can change. Igloo express legacy empire Rebels. Difference of 2/6 close
Covid has very little to do with the talent missing from 29 class. It is a down year for the majority of on age players. Like Capitalism, the flow of goods ( holdbacks) will
fill this in soon.

This is somewhat true, but 2028 (on age) is a smaller class of lax kids in the DC/MD area also. Maybe 1/3 smaller than the 2026-2024 groups.

2028 has no Koopers team, no Breakers team, no Looneys team, and Kelly Post's B team folded to bring #s to True Baltimore, who couldn't put together a roster either. 2028 Predators is basically HoCo Pink (gone) plus several FCA and Crabs kids (honestly, all kids who historically would be at Looneys or Koopers now). 2028 Team91 is mostly kids from Swarm, with some HoCo Pink kids). Swarm just pulled up a bunch of rec kids for this year, they will drop to A or B in HoCo for 2028.

Some of it is just shuffling but it's simply not as many kids, or as some claim "there's too many clubs."

As for COVID, I think what we will all see is a talent gap erupting. The players who had resources and a work ethic during COVID and whose parents could support/remind/transport kids to lax events (aka "resources") are going to be just fine. That includes club resources, not canceling practices due to COVID shutdowns, kids having access to fields during shutdowns, skills coaches with access to outdoor turf, etc. And for lax, let's remember this includes academic success and performance. Your son may have a great BTB highlight video but if he has a 2.9 GPA he is not playing for Maryland. Period. And so many kids are one or even two grades behind at this point (nobody really wants to discuss this). That will work out fine (in time) for attending Towson or Mason or JMU but not for getting admitted to many D1 schools (basic admissions).

I think we are already seeing that kids who wanted to work out and travel for lax during COVID, and whose parents could support it, did, and they will be just fine. I think that all the rec kids, and the rec kids who usually start showing up at club at 5th and 6th grade, are not going to develop fast enough to be a real presence for middle school lax at least. Whether those kids will buckle down and train and their parents can/will invest the resources for those kids to catch up.....I guess we will see.

And before anybody hits the "elitist" pearl clutch, it should not be controversial to say that - especially in lacrosse - access to good education, quality coaching, flexible and affluent parents, and good modeled behavior (aka the kids know elite HS and college players) are huge (and unfair) factors in success at most things.

Lots of good stuff there. I am not sure if this is more of the same for concern with Rec dying off, but seems like post-COVID there is more of a risk to Rec really suffering with the continued growth of Club teams. Maybe it'll bounce back some this spring, but at least where I am the vibe is NOT good. And then it seems like HoCo is going to be a scheduling conflict on Saturdays for a number of boys age levels.
Its alright fellas
Heard Rebels Practice 3 or 4 Times a week all fall and Spring. Over 100 Practices/Trainings for year. Hope it shows on the field.
Heard Rebels Practice 3 or 4 Times a week all fall and Spring. Over 100 Practices/Trainings for year. Hope it shows on the field.

It won’t
How do you know Dummy?
How do you know Dummy?

Dummy???? I mean you can’t even respond to thread!
Wait till the more news comes out next week on Rebels The Big R locomotive has left the station and the speed and momentum are roaring. Suggestion, get on the train or it’s blowing by you.

Little Timmy and Jimmy standing in line getting 1 to 2 reps on each drill and 6 water breaks in an hour.

Big Tommy and Johnny standing on the side talking about their high school achievements of yesteryear and how little Timmy and Jimmy are Division 1 bound.

Little Timmy and Jimmy standing in line getting 1 to 2 reps on each drill and 6 water breaks in an hour.

Big Tommy and Johnny standing on the side talking about their high school achievements of yesteryear and how little Timmy and Jimmy are Division 1 bound.

No clue what this means…

Rebels training and level of commitment is best there is, it’s one of reasons they are growing way they are. Good people running the show. Big T as great a person as there is.
Obviously you have not been to a training session. Non stop reps, come see for yourself.
So happy for you Rebels.

8==D~~
So happy for you Rebels.

8==D~~

I have literally never heard of this team. Please tell us more!
Does Big-T stand for big Turd?
Obviously you have not been to a training session. Non stop reps, come see for yourself.

I can wait till we see them at the NAL

You heard and you hope it shows lol you clearly have a kid on the rebels. Why would you say you heard?
My son played for the Outlaws for years and if you were on the A team they did the same thing! And did at least ten tournaments a year, but if you were on a B team you got screwed! Same club, different name!
My son played for the Outlaws for years and if you were on the A team they did the same thing! And did at least ten tournaments a year, but if you were on a B team you got screwed! Same club, different name!

This couldn’t me farther from the truth. Rebels are doing a great job with everything. They give more than any other club and are only going to push other clubs to do more, or they will lose players to Rebels. I have 1 kid on A and 1 on B… they both get same amount and level of trainings and practices. That is not the case in other places….
No where near the same. Please come and see for yourself. Do not write it, go watch then make your comments.
In what order would you rank the top teams on the Island?
In what order would you rank the top teams on the Island?

I think you should start.
Doesn’t matter. Marylands top four beat all of them 🤷‍♂️
Not sure what criteria is for ranking. Best team by wins or best team with overall benefits. Example 1) best team by wins 91 2) best team by overall benefits which include 100 plus practices/training sessions per year. By far best coaching staffs. Tournaments that are not ran by 91. The top FO and goalie trainers. Ten full time employees, and may I say, unbelievable people that care. Yes it’s the Rebels, which in a couple years will be best club in every way. 91 is the titanic, going down.
1. 91
2.express
3. Legacy
4.igloo
5.empire
6.rebels
7. 91 B

Just taking a stab at it.
1. 91
2. Igloo
3. express

Based on the last 12 months of head to head results, these three are close in top tier and in this order. Possibly a little drop off after 91 where Igloo and Express are closer to even.

These LI teams will always beat Maryland teams at World Series tournament and we all know why. 🤷‍♂️
1. 91
2.express
3. Legacy
4.igloo
5.empire
6.rebels
7. 91 B

Just taking a stab at it.

Agreed
That list can be switched around especially the top 3 slots. Saw 91A in the Fall. They have a lot of question marks 1 or 2 consistent players and 2 Venom kids of which one is a main player for Venom so they won’t be at all tournaments. Double team them or play specialty defense and the rest of the team won’t be able to do anything. This age group for 91 is one of their weaker teams. Reminds many of their 2026 teams.
Igloo 2
Do you mean in the fall when they played up an age group and still cam out with a winning record?
Playing up a year against low B comp isn’t impressive.
Well then lets discuss how many local AA teams beat 91 Pride.0.And gaging a team from a couple of fall ball tournaments that they played up in and saying it is not impressive is ridiculous.What other 2029 team has played up ? I bet not the one your kid plays on!!
Ok 91 daddy. We will see this Spring. Big surprises coming!!
We will see this Spring. Big surprises coming!!

I doubt we’re gonna see too many surprises this season from any team in the top group. I’m sure they’ve all gotten better as another year of practice usually does. One surprise might be size, as some of these kids have started to sprout up. The other in my opinion will be the musical chairs after this season. I think there will be more movement as playing time and specialty positions (fogo, lsm) start to become clearer.
Word has it that 91 picked up one of the best players from Express over the winter break. Might not have any challengers in this age group from any local teams come the spring/summer.
Answer to “ 91 daddy”….is 91 is your daddy.Your kid got cut and u wanna talk.Lol.Amazing answer though!
even if that is true then he is on that reloaded roster.91 best play!
91 Pride has 20 + players that would start on any of the other local clubs over most of what they have.Anyone bashing them is a jealous lax daddy who is mad his player got cut or was to scared to try out.
91 has no pride, just bad people. Get away why you still have time. 2 years from now you’ll be wishing you went to REBELS. As 91 fades away to a bad memory
91 Pride has 20 + players that would start on any of the other local clubs over most of what they have.Anyone bashing them is a jealous lax daddy who is mad his player got cut or was to scared to try out.

Past precedence says close to 1/4th of those kids will be off the team next year, either on Power or another team. Don’t get too comfortable. 91 is always shopping for your kid’s replacement.
Hilarious that anyone would think any club isn’t. This isn’t rec. their job is to win. They will always be looking for the next best guy. Which is exactly why I want my kid playing elite club.

Ps. Not from LI. Don’t care about your feelings.
Your correct 91 try’s to Replace your kids all the time. The are kings of poaching. Call parents and make them offers. When they hand up phone now they work on another kid. Been going on for long, long time. It’s a down right nasty operation.Those days are gone. Give me the clubs who DEVELOP kids, that’s where we are taking our 3 boys next year. Tried to just move over now, but the class came out. Club said fill your commitment, then come on the Team next year.
Your correct 91 try’s to Replace your kids all the time. The are kings of poaching. Call parents and make them offers. When they hand up phone now they work on another kid. Been going on for long, long time. It’s a down right nasty operation.Those days are gone. Give me the clubs who DEVELOP kids, that’s where we are taking our 3 boys next year. Tried to just move over now, but the class came out. Club said fill your commitment, then come on the Team next year.

You are spot on. You pay for the club to develop your kid. Good luck.
Hilarious that anyone would think any club isn’t. This isn’t rec. their job is to win. They will always be looking for the next best guy. Which is exactly why I want my kid playing elite club.

Ps. Not from LI. Don’t care about your feelings.

I wouldn’t mind my team looking for the best players out there. Those that post about developing players, sure that’s all fine and well but guess what happens when those players develop?? They leave for the better teams.
Exactly. I want my kid to always be looking over his shoulder. Looking for the kid who wants his spot. On the field and in life.
Exactly. I want my kid to always be looking over his shoulder. Looking for the kid who wants his spot. On the field and in life.

this is an abnormal statement. Yes Johnny Lax 10yr old needs to learn the life of the streets on the lacrosse field....ok there Mr. Old School.

There is zero loyalty in this sport... parents undercut each other with their maneuvering to get their kids the best advantage (parent coaching, playing down, putting in B division vs A).... then, the clubs expect you to commit to them for the year, but they don't commit to you because they are using a revolving door tryout throughout the year (91, Express, Rebels).

If this is what you want your kids to learn... go for it. My kid loves the sport so what's my choice.
Kind of deep for 5 th grade lacrosse. Simple choice, if you want a club that develops kids, you choose REBELS. If want a club that is always looking to replace kids, you choose 91. These two clubs will battle it out next couple years. Then the natural evolution will take place, and Rebels will be top team in Country. Things going on now, that will make sure that happens. Great thing about Rebels, even when they rule, they will always cares about kids, families and all involved.
Oh really laxmaster! outlaws started the same way and you see how they ended up! And look at Rush, they lasted one season before they got greedy!
Rebels? Number 1 in the country? What in that clubs history tells you they will have a number 1 team???? And until they can come within 7 of hawks and madlax you might want to taper that conversation back a touch. The top MD teams are going to lead the pack for a minute…
Kind of deep for 5 th grade lacrosse. Simple choice, if you want a club that develops kids, you choose REBELS. If want a club that is always looking to replace kids, you choose 91. These two clubs will battle it out next couple years. Then the natural evolution will take place, and Rebels will be top team in Country. Things going on now, that will make sure that happens. Great thing about Rebels, even when they rule, they will always cares about kids, families and all involved.

You are very funny!
Long Island laxs sounds dreadful. Plenty of loyalty in MD, yes. Some kids leave for better clubs but it’s a natural evolution. Some kids want to compete at a higher level. Some kids have to move up to better clubs to reach their potential. But it sounds like LI is lame as it relates to this subject.

Exactly
Long Island laxs sounds dreadful. Plenty of loyalty in MD, yes. Some kids leave for better clubs but it’s a natural evolution. Some kids want to compete at a higher level. Some kids have to move up to better clubs to reach their potential. But it sounds like LI is lame as it relates to this subject.

That really added value to the thread. Thanks. Now go away.
Explain why a club would cut a good player that will develop into being great. So I am sure Rebels will add some kids, but not 1/2 of roster. Loyalty and a mans word are two of the most important traits of a good person. Rebels check both boxes. What other club does.
Explain why a club would cut a good player that will develop into being great. So I am sure Rebels will add some kids, but not 1/2 of roster. Loyalty and a mans word are two of the most important traits of a good person. Rebels check both boxes. What other club does.

Huh ?
Where are PAL standings posted?
They aren’t posted.
I inadvertently caught some of the 91 Pride practice today as I was driving through the parking lot at Farmingdale State. Wasn’t impressed at all. They seemed confused and all over the place. The coaches were trying hard but the players seemed to not grasp the instructions. Surprised my little pony didn’t make them play in his lollipop tournament today. Looking forward to seeing them getting a dose of reality when the tournaments get underway!!
But they have really cool new helmets!!
I inadvertently caught some of the 91 Pride practice today as I was driving through the parking lot at Farmingdale State. Wasn’t impressed at all. They seemed confused and all over the place. The coaches were trying hard but the players seemed to not grasp the instructions. Surprised my little pony didn’t make them play in his lollipop tournament today. Looking forward to seeing them getting a dose of reality when the tournaments get underway!!
You just happened to drive thru the parking lot at farmingdale and caught a pride practice? You’re unbelievable
My son was in the tournament there yesterday. Otherwise, would not have even known they were practicing.
As Al once said, “We talking about practice?”

Reality? Like someone is going to beat them? Please!
91 is the best team in this age group, hands down! No one is even close!
Town tourney looks good Saturday
Keep puffing your chest 91 daddy. Tournament time is right around the corner and you’ll see who will beat your pride.
Puff Puff!
Anyone know what tryouts are today?
Tryouts?
You guys are all insane !! Half the kids playing today won't ever suit up for their HS teams. One percent of all HS players go on to the next level. Have fun and enjoy it now, because junior may not be playing in a couple more years.
The heck he wont. Hes doing private and club
You guys are all insane !! Half the kids playing today won't ever suit up for their HS teams. One percent of all HS players go on to the next level. Have fun and enjoy it now, because junior may not be playing in a couple more years.

You may want to read about growth mindset.
Blatant Spring Jam Predictions?

AA Bracket:

Igloo
Empire
Legacy
Rebels
Team 91
91 and Legacy in the final
Legacy over Rebels in a close one in the finals.
Legacy over Rebels in a close one in the finals.

Rebels losing a close one in the championship? Ha. Not even sure why we’re playing in this bracket. We should be playing up in 2028 bracket. We are so awesome. Rebels Rebels Rebels I love Rebels. We are the best all can attest.
If you have time to sit and watch a 5th grade practice that your son (who most likely didn’t make the team) is not on and then take even more time to come on a message board and write about it …. you are part of the problem!
Oh and by the way.. 91 Pride did not look to confused at the Blatant because they rolled through it and took
the chip so now most of you that post on this site can finally shut up about your “who is the best” on LI posts.
Only team NOT there was Express and 91 has beaten them every time they have played.
91 did NOT roll over the teams. They looked real good and are deep but they didn’t roll over anyone and the championship score seems to say otherwise.
91 led the tournament in cowbell ringing though!
91 led the tournament in cowbell ringing though!

And wins
They out scored everyone 32-7.They dominated.
Express was not there and they’re vastly improved. Also, let’s see how this 91 team does out of LI. It won’t be pretty for them or any of the local teams.
Quick PSA. I’m a 2023 parent and have been on this board for 10 years. Out of curiosity checked in this thread to see if anything has changed. Sadly no. Here are some facts. And I have no horse in this race.

1. Son started travel in 3rd grade. Joined current large club in 7th grade. There are 5 original kids and roster is now 35.

2. Most of the top players from smaller clubs end up on 91 or express. Maybe that will change in these younger years.

3. We have kids from several other states. That started in 8th grade summer.

4. The “big kid”, “small kid” ends up meaningless. Great players of all sizes and the early advantage of size
fades

5. Out of the 5th grade roster of 23 kids, 7 kids don’t even play lacrosse anymore.

6. Your high school matters

7. The showcases, select teams, extra all start tourneys are all money grabs until sophomore year. Some are fun so do them if you have the time and money.

8. Enjoy the time. It goes fast. None of it is as important as you think. Focus on your son getting better and having fun. Winning is part of having fun but care less as a parent.
Express was not there and they’re vastly improved. Also, let’s see how this 91 team does out of LI. It won’t be pretty for them or any of the local teams.

They are going to Maryland and playing against teams from NY, NJ and Colorado.
Express or 91? Going all the way to MD to play NY/NJ teams? Makes a lot of sense not to play MD or PA teams.
Express or 91? Going all the way to MD to play NY/NJ teams? Makes a lot of sense not to play MD or PA teams.

Team 91
The NLF this weekend will be a great indicator of the quality and strength of the different clubs and then the NAL. Very surprised to have found out that 91 at this age group not fielding a team at NAL. Must indicate something.
Agreed. I'm curious to see how they do. The bracket that has both of the Maryland teams is going to be a tough one (for the NY teams that are in it).
Agreed. I'm curious to see how they do. The bracket that has both of the Maryland teams is going to be a tough one (for the NY teams that are in it).

They lost at the NLF, didn’t play in the NAL and this week are playing in a B tournament when there is a AA tournament on LI.
That’s very strange as it’s been proven that the LI teams are especially weak at this age group but all other LI “A” teams still entered their team in the NAL and/or Tristar
That’s very strange as it’s been proven that the LI teams are especially weak at this age group but all other LI “A” teams still entered their team in the NAL and/or Tristar

Only because the better players are likely spread out on 2nd tier clubs. Because 91 and Express usually start with a bunch of eager dads who pick from the PAL team. Then the better slowly begin to migrate over time.
What does this mean? Kind of confusing with PAL reference. Express generally doesn’t have coaches who have sons on their teams.
Anyone know why 3d Garden State had a 6 foot kid playing with the 2029s at NAL on Saturday in pool play and then with the 2028s on Sunday? Kid couldn’t have been a 2029 and even if he was, isn’t that against the rules?
Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!
Against the rules?!
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha oh boy, thats good.

Rules

Only because the better players are likely spread out on 2nd tier clubs. Because 91 and Express usually start with a bunch of eager dads who pick from the PAL team. Then the better slowly begin to migrate over time.

Express and 91 always get better with age. They are the class of Long Island and kids will migrate there every year from now on. You need to keep up with the group to stay on these teams (Kids of Dad coaches are another story).
91 and igloo had a pretty good game yesterday. 3-2 game, with 91 scoring 2 goals in the final 5 minutes or so.
91 not looking as strong as they keep telling everyone. Barely got by Predators in semis and needed 2 late goals to beat Igloo.
91 not looking as strong as they keep telling everyone. Barely got by Predators in semis and needed 2 late goals to beat Igloo.

What happened 2 hours earlier in first 91 v Igloo game? Is that score a mistake on Tourney Machine?
We weren’t ready for them and made some mistakes. The true ability of our team showed for most of the championship game. Last year same results as we were beating them the entire game and they pulled it out again near the end to lose 7-5 or 7-6. We’re not as deep at the moment but definitely will pick up players over the summer. Igloo will be the best soon enough.

That was a B tournament too.
Neither team has played Express yet which has drastically improved. Once they all play each other and if that even happens this summer then the conversation may change. No other team in the 29’s on LI a are even in the conversation.
Igloo played and beat Express less than 2 weeks ago.
Neither team has played Express yet which has drastically improved.

Just because you’ve repeated it multiple times now doesn’t make it true.
Express is already a different team since then and has picked up some key players.
Laxachusetts is definitely the team to beat in the Northeast. They are head and shoulders above all the teams from LI.
Laxachusetts is definitely the team to beat in the Northeast. head and shoulders
Laxachusetts is definitely the team to beat in the Northeast. They are head and shoulders above all the teams from LI.

Facts
Maybe. But didn’t both igloo and 91 beat them the last time they played?
Seems like 91 is rolling at Naptown. Is it the normal team or are there some nationals additions ?
Same exact team that everyone has written off (prematurely I’d say)….
Same exact team that everyone has written off (prematurely I’d say)….

They didn’t play anyone relevant. Even madlax had significant players missing.

As long as hawks weren’t present, the whole event has an asterisk.
Should we go ahead and put an asterisk on every tournament where the hawks are not present? (Eye roll.) I don't think anyone is claiming that 91 is the best team in the country, so I'm not sure where this comment even came from. By the way, wasn't this madlax national (which suggests that they had extra players that they don't normally have)? This is a genuine question, I don't know one way or the other.
Should we go ahead and put an asterisk on every tournament where the hawks are not present? (Eye roll.) I don't think anyone is claiming that 91 is the best team in the country, so I'm not sure where this comment even came from. By the way, wasn't this madlax national (which suggests that they had extra players that they don't normally have)? This is a genuine question, I don't know one way or the other.
No guest players for Madlax 2029 at Naptown. And I’m fact, missing their best Attack.
Why is it that 91 is hated? I have saw them in two tourney’s they looked good. Also from what i understand they barely lost to Madlax based of bad coaching decisions. But I have on skin in the game. Why are people so hard on 10-11 year old’s?

Head and shoulders in height maybe. Let us know when they show up with appropriately aged players at any level to play.
I’m with you, I don’t know people are so hard on 91. Was the 91/Madlax game pretty close?
I’m with you, I don’t know people are so hard on 91. Was the 91/Madlax game pretty close?

Close for about 30 of the 44 minutes. Lead changed hands a few times.
holdbacks make a big difference in the younger age groups through at least 7th grade. If you and your kids feel great playing against younger lesser developed players, then that’s awesome but sad at the same time. It will all level off in the HS years regardless of holdbacks as all kids will have developed even if younger than some holdbacks.
Everyone sleeping on Igloo. Express 0-3 got trounced yesterday against A teams while Igloo although 1-3 played tough in all games losing by 1.
Everyone sleeping on Igloo. Express 0-3 got trounced yesterday against A teams while Igloo although 1-3 played tough in all games losing by 1.

They gonna be at the NLF next week?
No - but not sure it matters. LI 29s just not that solid. Express can’t compete against any top tier teams and igloo can compete but can’t win against that group. 91 is very strong but hasn’t been able to get over the hump against either madlax or hawks.

Between Moose/legacy/express/igloo some consolidation would probably produce a 2nd meaningful team. History suggests that will happen in the next year or 2 and will probably end up being express. Heard one of the big 3 are taking over the team so that changes their ability to recruit
Express AA just made a coaching change. Thoughts?
Express AA just made a coaching change. Thoughts?

They won’t win this weekend.
This aged well
What happened at NLF? Who did they lose to not once but twice.
This aged well

Yep; they didn’t make the championship bracket. And they had the weakest pool.
Now what’s the excuse? Laxachussetts bowed down to 91 Pride twice in two days. Still head and shoulders better? Yup. 91 is.
Now what’s the excuse? Laxachussetts bowed down to 91 Pride twice in two days. Still head and shoulders better? Yup. 91 is.

Facts
Iglioo is melting at all ages, will not exist in few years. Should of sold , now That they basically lost one of the 3 main towns they pull from. K BOMB. AA might have to sell the boat he bought off all the over priced tuition he charged.
Recon 2030 Parents behavior is horrible!!!
Recon 2030 parents behavior is horrible!!!!
Iglioo is melting at all ages, will not exist in few years. Should of sold , now That they basically lost one of the 3 main towns they pull from. K BOMB. AA might have to sell the boat he bought off all the over priced tuition he charged.

What are you talking about? At the younger ages at least (6th grade and lower) they are doing great.
Just a genuine question and looking for feedback. My brother is looking for a team for my nephew. Tryouts are on going the kid is a good player but can always get better. He is with a B team and wants to grow and be challenged. The only team on the island that has beat Laxachusetts Black twice and and has been in contention with Madlax is 91. Should he let him attend tryouts or just save his money and try with another club? Any suggestions?
Just a genuine question and looking for feedback. My brother is looking for a team for my nephew. Tryouts are on going the kid is a good player but can always get better. He is with a B team and wants to grow and be challenged. The only team on the island that has beat Laxachusetts Black twice and and has been in contention with Madlax is 91. Should he let him attend tryouts or just save his money and try with another club? Any suggestions?

Try out for a team where he’ll get playing time and get better. The bench makes no one better.

Try out for a team where he’ll get playing time and get better. The bench makes no one better.

As much as I can appreciate this there is another side. What makes you better? Games or practice against other high level talent? There is a line you have to draw though, meaning if he is the bottom of the depth chart he may not get anything out of it if he doesn’t ever play in games.

Also, I always support going to a tryout just for the challenge and experience. It’s like interviewing for a job. You won’t always get it, but you will learn something
What makes a kid better is. Parent support/ do not tell your kid he’s better than others, do not tell him coaches are no good. Tell him if you want to be better, work at it. It’s rather simple, most parents know nothing about lacrosse. If you hear side lines, you’d think everyone was a big time player/coach. Kids need to get skills better and better on own. Then when they hit maturity, hit the weights, speed train. Find a hill and sprit up it. Being on a good team that trains a lot is great. Instead of searching for the magic bean to grow your son, Have him do it. By the way college coaches will know everything about kid and parents. Sit back enjoy this time. It’s the best.

Just to say it, Igloo also beat Laxachusetts Black and have played Madlax closer than 91 did (their last game a few weeks ago against Madlax was a 5-3 game and it was 4-3 late in the game). In any case, why doesn't he go to a few tryouts and meet the coaches and see where he fits. You can grow and be challenged on any team, including a B team, with the right coaches and the right teammates. But it's partly about his position, personal fit, etc. I don't think it's a one size fits all thing.
Wrong forum age group
But I agree.
91 the best players play the rest just watch from the sidelines
Express is the clearest example of the lacrosse money grab, announce a new coach right before tryouts? Great marketing ploy …. Good luck with him showing up more than 50% of the time , I’m sure he has higher priorities with his HS players. Player development is not priority one with express it is bloated rosters and constantly looking for the next new kid , it’s a year round open door policy .
That being said have your nephew tryout for a few clubs and go with the organization that’s gonna help him grow and where he can compete… AA or B means very little at this age in two years then I would say it matters these kids are still young and will have major physical changes over the next two years that will dictate their future
Express is the clearest example of the lacrosse money grab, announce a new coach right before tryouts? Great marketing ploy …. Good luck with him showing up more than 50% of the time , I’m sure he has higher priorities with his HS players. Player development is not priority one with express it is bloated rosters and constantly looking for the next new kid , it’s a year round open door policy .
That being said have your nephew tryout for a few clubs and go with the organization that’s gonna help him grow and where he can compete… AA or B means very little at this age in two years then I would say it matters these kids are still young and will have major physical changes over the next two years that will dictate their future

Most teams like 91 play their best players and others watch more than play, nature of the beast. As far as Express those coaches were announced before tryouts, so what? Wouldn’t you like to know who your coach will be before trying out? The Express 29’s are lucky to have such a quality person and coach. Older kids graduate and coaches move back down to younger ages to start again. As far as AA vs B play where your talent fits but don’t be afraid to have the child play up on the AA. It’s fine to be on B but in my experience you tend to get labeled a B player and later on it’s hard to move up to a AA team as rosters tend to get set by middle school and harder to crack into as coaches start to look for individual positions to improve at, ie FOGO or Lefty middie.

91 must have a lot of “best players” as most of the team plays even in playoff and championship games. This is travel and not a “participation trophy” league. The dedicated and best players and athletes should play the most and each player whether one who plays a lot or a little has a role and importance to the team. Those who differ can find several teams and clubs all over the Island that can fit the needs of a player that is not happy with playing time.
best is subjective at this age , yes there a few clear cut, yes there is situational play, no I agree this is not a 'participation trophy league" nor am I a fan of it, the response was to the post. my point to the post is this let the kid tryout for whomever he wants, but be aware of what he is stepping into, because at this age reps and playing time matter for his growth. And if your offended by the truth of what happens at these organizations maybe you need to step back and look at the whole picture. Dont get caught up with the name or nonsense put the kid in the best situation to succeed if its his passion.
© US Lacrosse Community Forum