Originally Posted by Anonymous
The scores coming in from the girl’s side show what a joke the qualifiers are for this tournament. It will be pretty bad on the boy’s side too. Expect a lot of very lopsided games.

From the boy’s qualifiers, the third and fourth place teams from the Southeast Regional are the only ones coming. Those teams were blown out in the regional playoffs (13-1 and 14-5 for semifinal scores). The second place team was blown out by the first place team 13-0.

Why teams from Long Island are going to Florida to play against such poor competition is mind boggling.

It's all about the marketing juice for a club being able to claim itself as a mytical "national champ". The Express got huge mileage out of it last year and going back to try for some more. That's why they have like 8 teams in it. But, whoever wins "the final game" (I can't bring myself to say "championship") knows that they've been beaten by other teams this summer that are not there and it'll be meaningless except to the uninformed. I put a lot more stock into the select tournaments earlier this summer as the true championship. This one is a hoax.