Rochester Knighthawks Owner and General Manager Curt Styres announced the signing of defenseman Pat McCready to a one-year deal. McCready is thus reunited with his former team and his nephew, Joel, who plays transition for the Knighthawks.

"I am lucky to be with such a great organization," said McCready. "It is one of the best teams to play for in the league."

Pat McCready enters his 16th season in the National Lacrosse League and sixth season with the Knighthawks. The 36 year old has won two NLL titles, 1997 with Rochester and 2008 with Buffalo, and played in six NLL Finals.

"It feels great ... it's a bonus to play with some of the guys I played with before and my nephew," he said. "Paul Day brought me here from Charlotte and we won it all the next year. I am glad to be back."

After spending last season with the Toronto Rock, he has 348 points (130+218) and 1,398 loose balls in 188 games. He is a welcome addition to the Rochester defense. "We were looking for lefty d-men and he is as good as they get," said Styres.

Another member of the Knighthawks is equally impressed with his career. Joel McCready grew up watching his uncle play in Rochester and now finally has a chance to play alongside one of his idols. Joel will give up his No. 10, which he wore out of respect for his uncle the past two seasons. Since Pat wore the number first with the Knighthawks, Joel is switching to No. 4 this season.

"It has been a dream of mine since Pee Wee lacrosse," said Joel McCready. "It's going to be a great season."

In league history, Pat McCready is fourth all-time in loose balls and third in penalty minutes (414). The St. Catharines, Ontario, native played five seasons in Rochester (1997-01), and recorded 42 goals, 66 assists, 253 loose balls and 115 penalty minutes in 51 games.