Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]NO.

Don't support these club teams at all until middle school/high school. then the majority will fold and then the few that remain can exist and the ones that are actually good will remain. we can get rid of these money grab artists like m&d and aloha sports which also run money grab tournaments. Why can't girls learn from their middle school coaches and high school coaches? isn't that what sports is about. Watch the real sports hbo episode on travel sports. The juice is not worth the squeeze. ever!

Sorry Ruthie - you go and keep believing that. You and MYLA tried to stand up to the clubs, but would not give a weekend day like the boys did. Look what happened. The rec directors seem to forget that rec ends for the girls in 8th grade - the clubs are what gets the girls through their "final stretch". Yes, the dozen or so new clubs that sprout up every year are the money grabs - but, you specifically calling out MnD speaks volumes about where you are coming from. You lost, and there are no monuments going up for you.

The childish name calling and I'm cooler than you as a parent since my daughter made the "best" team is apparent in your entire comment. Enjoy it. It has a typical bullying feel to it. Like ive always taught our children. Don't peak in middle/high school. I really hope for you and your childs success and happiness.

That logic is totally hilarious - you're inferring that playing in rec will enable your player to peak at some point after high school when is realistically what should be happening for the top players. But, if you are anti-club and do not believe in it until high school - that means that your daughter is spending her summers hanging out at the pool and the beach. In the mean time - those club girls who's parents are being robbed are getting outstanding coaching and playing against the toughest competition in the country. I've seen it before - you are the parent who's kid is either cut or ends up in JV when they get to high school and are up against the club girls. You then complain about the politics involved with that school's lacrosse program because the coach is affiliated with a club and only picked her girls for the varsity squad. I'm not speaking up for the other club parents, but, my child's happiness and success is based on hard work and earning things in life. As opposed to the mommy coaching and favoritism rampant in rec programs.