Originally Posted by Anonymous
My oldest is 2021, my youngest is in this age group, we tried to keep him out of Club for at least another year but the reality is the rec program coaching has dropped off significantly due to the impact of Club. In my son's case he sees what his older bothers do and wanted to be doing the same. Still plays three sports and is not focused on a single sport. The good club coach's in this age group, and frankly the good ones all though middle school do and should encourage multi sport athletes.

The 2026 Age group in Hoco has actually been fun to watch so far, it's easy to forget they are 3rd graders.

All decent points. You are still talking about Spring, so I think most aren't criticizing in-season lax, whether you call it club or rec. I think the push back is that running 3rd graders around in July/August, 95-100 degrees, just to get more organized games in, doesn't seem necessary or beneficial. As sometimes it is easy to forget they are 3rd graders, because lacrosse is what some adult loves watching, for some, when living vicariously through such young athletes, it is also easy to forget those same 8/9 year olds can barely eat, wash, and take a dump without some kind of coercion or assistance.