Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Club lacrosse for rising 3rd graders? Is this to soon? Why the push so early? Are people in MD seeing a lot of rising 3rd graders coming out for 2026 teams? I find it hard to believe that parents are ready to commit to almost a year of club lax and thousands of dollars to a kid that has not even played Tyker A ball yet.....
Nailed it.... Way too soon...Play Rec and finish final Tyker season.... Maybe play on a team this summer that does not require thousands of dollars in commitment... A few tournaments and a few practices... Tryout in the fall 2017 for a club and still play 1 year or so of Rec lighting lacrosse... Things amp up in the 4th and 5th grades.... Useless that some of these clubs listed hear our stealing thousands from naive parents..

Thought about this post the other day. I'm new to club lacrosse as this is my 3rd graders first year playing it. After watching a few games, however, I think it is entirely appropriate. The kids on his team don't belong in a rec league - they are simply too good. It would be unfair to the rec kids new to the sport to be playing with them.

Club lacrosse at 3rd grade isn't about finding the right prep school for your kid or pushing them towards a college scholarship. It's simply finding a level of competition that is fun and appropriate for everyone.