Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's very hard to compare a team that graduated (VLC) to a rising junior and rising sophomore team (Madlax 2018 and 2019).
Tournaments won? Commits? Commits to Top 10 programs?

I don't know VLC, but the players you mention were HS studs. Rowlett has proven himself to be a great college player too. What tournaments did they win? Are commits to top 10 programs, mid tier or bottom 20? I am too lazy to do the reseach

Madlax 2018 has won a 6-7 top tournaments and 2019 has won more. Both teams have 5 or more players committed to Top 10 programs, with more to follow. Time will tell if those players rise to the level of a Rowlett or warm benches at Hopkins, MD Duke, UVA, UNC or the like. Personally, barring injury, I like their chances.

If not already, by the time they are done, the Madlax 2018 and 2019 teams will go down as the best teams in DMV history

VLC 2015 is one of the most talented teams that has ever turned out of this area, period - commits to top programs and all studs. Rowlett is one of the best players in the country, and was all through HS as well. Madlax 2018 has 16 commits, half of which are top programs, but it is not an apples to apples comparison to compare Madlax to BW or VLC - Madlax has commits on the team from Texas, Canada, Florida, etc. through their partner programs and such since they pull from outside of the area and from a bunch of teams. BW and VLC pull from NoVa and MD, and field one team at each grade. If you can't churn out a bunch of studs when you're pulling from a massive pool like 3D, Madlax, Sweetlax, etc. does, then you have a serious problem. Pound for pound, VLC 2015 - for the area - is the winner. Madlax 2019 has the makings of possibly being equal or better than VLC 2015 with 6 commits to top programs already (not counting the partner players from TX and such).