Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I see that Half Hollow Hills beat West Islip, was that an upset or has parrity set in beneath Northport??

In Suffolk, aside from Northport in the A and Hauppaugue in the B, all the teams listed below can beat each other on any given day.
Mt. Sinai, Sayville,West Islip,Hills,Bayshore,Ward Melville,floyd,Shoreham-Wading River, Rocky Point, Huntington, Harborfields, Eastport-South Manor, Comsewogue, Westhampton and Bayport-Blue Point.

I agree. You never know which team is going to be on, or off, on any given day.

Many of these games are affected by the ref's too much. I wish they would put the whistle away a bit and not be such a big part of the outcome of the game. I do think it is importtant to protect the players but they need to let them play a bit. I can't tell you how many times I have seen a girl lose the ball and immediately grab her head looking for a call(and usually get it). It seems the better actress you are the more calls you get. In addition it also seems that whenever a girl falls down whether it is incidental or on her own most ref's will give her the ball back! It is frustrating to watch and it is starting to promote drama queens. I also can't stomach watching some of the ref's take 3 minutes off the clock to move a girl 4 inches half way accross the field! It would be great to see the girls ability and execution dictate who comes away with a victory!