Senior Spotlight Q&A w/ Michael Faraone from H. Frank Carey High School

This week, Back Of The CAGE caught up with the #20 ranked senior on Long Island and from H. Frank Carey High School, Michael Faraone for our weekly Senior Spotlight series interviewing a new senior each week.

Michael Faraone has helped put H. Frank Carey High School on the map per se' and this year, like other years, the standout Attackman was the quarterback of the offense who helped Carey to a 9-6 record while adding 29 goals and 20 assists to his career statistics. The Senior Attackman is headed to play division 1 lacrosse for the Penn State Nittany Lions this coming Fall and BOTC caught up with him to get a closer look at him personally and his mindset leading into his final season that just happened to end.

Q&A w/ Michael Faraone

Back Of The CAGE (BOTC): When you found out last year that the season was going to be canceled, what was your initial reaction and how did you deal with it and keep your spirits up?  
Michael Faraone(MF): When I found out last years season was cancelled I was definitely sad and bummed. That group of seniors with our underclassman would have been one of the best teams on the island I think. Felt terrible for the group of seniors that lost their season. But I had a positive outlook on it hoping for my senior year and last summer travel season. With the cancellation of our season I just hit the weights hard and shot almost everyday.

BOTC: What is your favorite saying from your Coach Tom?  
MF: He has a lot of great sayings but I think his best one is just when he screams let’s gooooo before a game and just brings the energy to the team.

BOTC: Having missed out on playing last year, how much extra motivation (if any) does it give to you personally and to your teammates in the short amount of time that you guys have been practicing together?
MF: Having missed last season has given this years team a lot of motivation. We just stuck together and focused on each day and getting better. This group knew we were the group to do big things so we just had to put in the work everyday. We never got ahead of ourselves and just stuck to the plan.

BOTC: Although you missed last season, how much more will you treasure this season as this will be the last time that you will be playing high school lacrosse before going on to play at the collegiate level?
MF: Missing last season was terrible but I think it made this season even better. Just after not playing a high school game with your best friends for almost 2 years, it was just that much better. I’ll never forget this season and group of guys.

BOTC: What made you choose to attend Penn State University, and what other colleges were you considering?
MF:: I chose Penn State because that was always a dream of mine to play lacrosse there. I also chose Penn State coaching staff and I wanted to play lacrosse at the highest level and on the biggest stage. Penn State has the full package of anything a college athlete would want. Penn state also has an awesome college atmosphere where I feel it will be a lot of fun.

BOTC: Are you superstitious and do you have any pre-game rituals?
MF: I would say I’m superstitious and I do have some pregame rituals. Just like to put in the AirPods and bump the playlist.

BOTC: What's on your playlist before games?
MF: Some lil baby and lil durk songs along with some edm

Rapid Fire Q & A's:  
  • Favorite Food? Steak
  • Favorite Movie? Maze Runner
  • Favorite Sports Team? Chiefs
  • Favorite Athletes? Nick Spillane

See some of Michael's career athletic accomplishments below: All County, Team Captain, 3x Maverik Showtime Invitee, Pre-Season All BOTC, Top 3 Ranked Attackman

Check BackOfTheCAGE.com to meet Dominick Genzale from North Shore High School.