Senior Spotlight Q&A w/Aidan Mulholland from Manhasset High School

This week, Back Of The CAGE caught up with the #4 ranked senior on Long Island and the 15th Ranked Recruit in the Country from Manhasset High School, Aidan Mulholland for our weekly Senior Spotlight series interviewing a new senior each week.

Aidan Mulholland is a strong Midfield player since he played for lacrosse. He has chosen the University of Michigan because to him, it's special. The coaching staff, facilities, education, and school spirit, that Michigan possesses made him easily choose the university. Let's see how well he will perform during his college lacrosse years.

Q&A w/ Aidan Mulholland

Back Of The CAGE (BOTC): When you found out last year that the season was going to be canceled, what was your initial reaction and how did you deal with it and keep your spirits up?  
Aidan Mulholland (AM): When our season was cancelled it was very upsetting. We put tons of work in during the off-season to make sure that when the season came around that we would be in shape and be ready to dominate. For that senior class, it was heartbreaking, as that senior class contributed to Manhasset lacrosse and to the community so much, it was sad to see them go without being able to finish their careers. I would lift in the basement of my home, knowing that sooner or later, I would have to be ready.

BOTC: What is your favorite saying from your Coach Anthony?  
AM: Coach Anthony has a saying that it take a team to build a player. I love this quote from him as it shows that lacrosse is a team sport and in order to be a successful player you are needed to have a strong and trustworthy team.

BOTC: Having missed out on playing last year, how much extra motivation (if any) does it give to you personally and to your teammates in the short amount of time that you guys have been practicing together?
AM: Missing last year has given us tons of extra motivation, as we are playing for the seniors from last year. We are playing every game for our town and for the players who have come before us.

BOTC: Although you missed last season, how much more will you treasure this season as this will be the last time that you will be playing high school lacrosse before going on to play at the collegiate level?
AM: This season has been very special as it is my last year. This team is special as we all are super close, and have been together for a long time. I love getting to go to practice with these guys and the coaches every day, we all really enjoy it.

BOTC: What made you choose to attend the University of Michigan, and what other colleges were you considering?
AM: Michigan was the best school I could have choose. Everything about Michigan to me is just so special, and I cannot wait to get there. The coaching staff, facilities, education, and school spirit, that Michigan possesses made it a very easy decision for me to go there. Other schools I was considering were North Carolina and Yale.

BOTC: Are you superstitious and do you have any pre-game rituals?
AM: I always make sure the last song I listen to before going onto the field is chasing shadows by Justin Mylo.

BOTC: What's on your playlist before games?
AM: I listen to a lot of EDM and country before games. I like listening to Martin Garrix especially.

Rapid Fire Q & A's:  
  • Favorite Food? Chicken Fingers
  • Favorite Movie? Hot Rod
  • Favorite Sports Team? New York Knicks
  • Favorite Athletes? Tiger Woods

See some of Aidan's career athletic accomplishments below: Lacrosse Under Armor All American, 2 time All American for lacrosse, 3 time All county football player, Class C football player of the year.

Check BackOfTheCAGE.com to meet Emily Lamparter from Mount Sinai High School.