BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,778
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Girls Tryout Discussion
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
As tryouts approach it would be interesting to see who has what to say about tryouts they've attended etc.

My daughter is going to 3-4 of them in the 2020 group... Will be interesting to see turnouts as it seems lots of teams had bad to mixed results in 2020 with regard to play along with actually fielding real teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls Tryout Discussion
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3-4 tryouts?..that's a bunch!...
what we have found is that if your daughter is not an A player on an A team, then pretty much everything else (B teams) are an afterthought...I would guess that every program is the same...there may be an exception as far as players are concerned, but really how many coaches are scouting a meaningless B level game at a crappy tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by strongARM
As tryouts approach it would be interesting to see who has what to say about tryouts they've attended etc.

My daughter is going to 3-4 of them in the 2020 group... Will be interesting to see turnouts as it seems lots of teams had bad to mixed results in 2020 with regard to play along with actually fielding real teams.

What club tryouts will your daughter be attending and why are you leaving your previous club? This 2020 age group is a mess should be very interesting indeed. I haven't decided what programs I'm having my daughter tryout for. They all seem to operate the same here on LI. Politics, F&F, Lack of quality coaching etc etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
what we have found is that if your daughter is not an A player on an A team, then pretty much everything else (B teams) are an afterthought...I would guess that every program is the same...there may be an exception as far as players are concerned, but really how many coaches are scouting a meaningless B level game at a crappy tournament?

My only recruiting experience is from the 2016 age group but if you look back at the big 3 commit lists from that age you'll see plenty of girls who played on B teams that found very nice homes at some really nice schools. B team players don't commit first.. but they commit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My only recruiting experience is from the 2016 age group but if you look back at the big 3 commit lists from that age you'll see plenty of girls who played on B teams that found very nice homes at some really nice schools. B team players don't commit first.. but they commit.

this is a great post for all to see.. true in boys as well

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The last sentence in this post should be sent to Webster's Dictionary....they could use it as an example under the definition of short sighted

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very true, Daughter played with a club's 2016 B team and every girl, that wants to, will be playing in college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OP here.... if you are relying on this crap for recruiting and moreover to pay for college you are delusional unless your kid is in the top 5 percent of players.

Your argument re b teams all the same is like saying if you are not driving a Ferrari all other cars are just the same.

Lastly, perhaps, just perhaps my kid likes playing the game yet doesn't rely on it for a means to an odds-against end. That doesn't mean she doesn't want to get to the best competition she can muster, it just means I am not giving her, the refs, coaches, and other players a brow beating 4 Sunday afternoons in summer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, who's going to which tryouts? We are going to a couple- liberty and probably elevate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter also. I would love some feed back on these teams. I really want her in a solid program where the coaches are concerned with the development of the player. Some constructive advice would be greatly appreciated. We are in Nassau.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty has stepped it up in the past year or two and are offering year play. DG is top notch and we are very happy with Liberty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beach Bums?.....any opinions?...where they located out of?...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First I've seen anybody mention BB's. Was hoping we could keep it a secret.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter also. I would love some feed back on these teams. I really want her in a solid program where the coaches are concerned with the development of the player. Some constructive advice would be greatly appreciated. We are in Nassau.

Liberty and Legacy here. Heard good things from players in both programs regarding coaching and playing year round at our daughters year (2021), and would like to be part of a competitive team (that's not called YJ).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Liberty and Legacy here. Heard good things from players in both programs regarding coaching and playing year round at our daughters year (2021), and would like to be part of a competitive team (that's not called YJ).

They practice way west and way east respectively, right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI Wave, intimate family style teams with terrific recruiting guidance

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great day for tryouts! If only it was a few degrees warmer and just a touch more humid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great day for tryouts! If only it was a few degrees warmer and just a touch more humid.

Who has tryouts today? I thought late August was the earliest for the girls normally.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Nty1 started today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have heard good things about wave, but they don't hold tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wave only fills spots if girls leave. They usually commit over half their team every year to mid level D1's like Fairfield, marist, Quinnipiac, Winthrop, sacred heart and then lots to Adelphi, Molloy and Mercy. Then their are a bunch of D'3's

If you can play and want to continue there will be a spot for you at the college level. Many ways to get what you want. Wave is a great environment without all the club drama.

Oh and they even had a Northwestern commit

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wave only fills spots if girls leave. They usually commit over half their team every year to mid level D1's like Fairfield, marist, Quinnipiac, Winthrop, sacred heart and then lots to Adelphi, Molloy and Mercy. Then their are a bunch of D'3's

If you can play and want to continue there will be a spot for you at the college level. Many ways to get what you want. Wave is a great environment without all the club drama.

Doubt any team commits half their girls! Even YJ! Think you are exaggerating a tad. What tournaments do they play in, never heard of them making it to any championship

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams would you recommend for a girl who wants to play and a parent who doesn't want club drama?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams would you recommend for a girl who wants to play and a parent who doesn't want club drama?

Any of them just be happy with a spot on the second or third team. Most of the drama is from the top teams or the parents desperate to be on one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doubt any team commits half their girls! Even YJ! Think you are exaggerating a tad. What tournaments do they play in, never heard of them making it to any championship

That's the point clueless dad, Wave making the finals has nothing to do with college coaches recruiting good players. Sure great club teams get more exposure, but college coaches are looking for players, not clubs. Many like being a bigger fish in a smaller pond. Go to their website to see the same college commitment page like every other club

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the point clueless dad, Wave making the finals has nothing to do with college coaches recruiting good players. Sure great club teams get more exposure, but college coaches are looking for players, not clubs. Many like being a bigger fish in a smaller pond. Go to their website to see the same college commitment page like every other club

Not impressive, nobody getting any money, why bother? Unless you like working for free

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not impressive, nobody getting any money, why bother? Unless you like working for free

According to the website, the last committed girls were from 2015?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to the website, the last committed girls were from 2015?

WOW and you wonder why everyone hates the YJ's? It's impossible for you to congratulate anyone that chooses another path.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK JOE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're wrong on that one. Top teams like M&D, Skywalkers, YJ commit about 95% of their A team girls. Not saying they are all going to Maryland, UNC, NW, etc. And not saying they get much money. But in many cases, they earn admission to school such as the Ivies that they may not have been able to without lacrosse. That really should be the goal anyway right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I honestly had never heard of LI Wave until today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So are any of these girls programs that are offshoots from boys actually successful?

Looks like another new one this year called recon?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're wrong on that one. Top teams like M&D, Skywalkers, YJ commit about 95% of their A team girls. Not saying they are all going to Maryland, UNC, NW, etc. And not saying they get much money. But in many cases, they earn admission to school such as the Ivies that they may not have been able to without lacrosse. That really should be the goal anyway right?

95%? Does that mean one girl gets nothing? Bad for the self esteem. Is that one of the politically connected girls taking spots from more deserving girls? Karma?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

95%? Does that mean one girl gets nothing? Bad for the self esteem. Is that one of the politically connected girls taking spots from more deserving girls? Karma?

Some girls decide not to play lacrosse in college. Every girl from MD Skywalkers, even YJ top teams can play somewhere at Div 1 or 2 of they wanted. The may not have a lot of choices, but every girl could find a place to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are tons of girls who play for one of the bottom 25 D1 programs and those teams are really weak but club connections can get you a spot and at the end of the day you will be forever able to say "I played D1 lacrosse with scholarship"

After the top 5-10 schools its all the same

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are tons of girls who play for one of the bottom 25 D1 programs and those teams are really weak but club connections can get you a spot and at the end of the day you will be forever able to say "I played D1 lacrosse with scholarship"

You are correct. Take Niagara as an example. My daughter and her friends are at best mid level players, play for a "not popular" club. All were recruited by Niagara, and offered a few thousand dollars. Not only is it 8+ hours away (1way) but it's rural and academics are not great. Closer option was Hartford and New Haven, both offered more $$ and we will be able to see every game. You don't need to be the best on your team, you don't need to be committed by 10th grade and you don't need to jump at the first college that contacts you. You DO need to be realistic- do you want to home for a nice meal once or twice a month? Will holidays be an issue? Are rosters big? And more importantly if you took lax out of the picture would you still stay at the school? Take me he Division out of the equation and go see 5 schools before you decide. Just my 2 cents, have a nice day

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are correct. Take Niagara as an example. My daughter and her friends are at best mid level players, play for a "not popular" club. All were recruited by Niagara, and offered a few thousand dollars. Not only is it 8+ hours away (1way) but it's rural and academics are not great. Closer option was Hartford and New Haven, both offered more $$ and we will be able to see every game. You don't need to be the best on your team, you don't need to be committed by 10th grade and you don't need to jump at the first college that contacts you. You DO need to be realistic- do you want to home for a nice meal once or twice a month? Will holidays be an issue? Are rosters big? And more importantly if you took lax out of the picture would you still stay at the school? Take me he Division out of the equation and go see 5 schools before you decide. Just my 2 cents, have a nice day

Excellent post. At the end of the day it's school. Would you be happy if you didn't play??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No that just isn't true. It isn't true for lax, and it isn't true in terms of academics either.

So you are saying that playing at Hopkins (16th rank lax, 10th rank academics) is the same as playing at Coastal Carolina or Niagara?

Or lets go a little further down the list to Georgetown (29th ranked on laxpower and 21st ranked academically) ...

Sorry, after the top 5-10 teams everything else is not the same. The teams ranked 10-20 r better than the ones 20-30 and so on. And there are tons of great academic schools beyond 5-10 as well. And that makes a difference. So if your kid is skilled enough at lax, it can help them get into great schools, and if their grades are great, it's a slam dunk. But u actually have to be a good lax player to go to Princeton or Harvard or Hopkins or Georgetown or many other schools not in the top 5-10 lax rankings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The first part of your post is correct. Bottom 25 D1 teams r on par w many D3 teams and would lose to the top D3 teams.

Second part of post is not correct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope we can get at least twenty more new teams show up before tryouts end so everybody can have their own perfect team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Back to tryouts what about fl$ and elevate and I CON ? Just LOLING for a drama free year with coaches that actually show up for tournaments-

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think all tryouts should have an area where the parents have to tryout as well. If your kid is good but you are d!€{...sorry you didn't make the cut.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My apologies for changing the direction of the thread. I had two questions. One how many organizations did your daughter(s) try out for prior to start of the lax season and why ? Second question to all the parents is "How long did your daughter(s) play for their town PAL team and why did they continue or not continue ? Thanks in advance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The first part of your post is correct. Bottom 25 D1 teams r on par w many D3 teams and would lose to the top D3 teams.

Second part of post is not correct.

you are right about d2 and d3, many would eat up the bottom of D1. Deleware State? LIU Brooklyn? has been in the bottom 5 for over a decade. But they are both D1 and kids get money to play there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]My apologies for changing the direction of the thread. I had two questions. One how many organizations did your daughter(s) try out for prior to start of the lax season and why ? Second question to all the parents is "How long did your daughter(s) play for their town PAL team and why did they continue or not continue ? Thanks in advance. [/quot

My daughter tried out for one club she made the A team. I had her try out for the club because it held practices ten minutes from my house. My daughter has played for our towns PAL team from first grade through 8th grade. She played PAL because she enjoys playing with her friends and her town preaches town comes first.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Awesome post. Thank you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter also only tried out for one. Playedcpal kindergarten to end of 5th. Going into 10th. Love the memories and special times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tryout report for an unmentionable team with a numbered name. lots of 2018 and 2019 girls there. not many 2020. surprised to say pretty decent ent talent there.... surprised since they get so maligned here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter plays for one of the Title 9 teams and we are happy. Tryouts are 9/11 and 9/18. The problem was they practiced in Cutchogue so it is a hike for most and it probably kept the tryout numbers down. To remedy this, they are moving practices to Calverton, still out east, but not as far and easy to get to. Like most clubs, certain years are better than others but we like the club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tryout report for an unmentionable team with a numbered name. lots of 2018 and 2019 girls there. not many 2020. surprised to say pretty decent ent talent there.... surprised since they get so maligned here.

I was referring to team blindy bun

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 should just team up with Beach B's and they could probably make some good A and B teams between them. They seem like a good fit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 should just team up with Beach B's and they could probably make some good A and B teams between them. They seem like a good fit.

It has been years since I have seen a team from either program actually able to compete.
Plus they are both owned by the same organization so as long as they can still fill rosters and line their pockets ombinimg would not be in their best interest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It may be necessary soon with all the new teams showing up every year...month? Not so easy to keep pure age rosters going forward.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the Suffolk All Star team about? Have never seen them at any tournament. Are they any good? Seems a little too much like Team LI on the boys side.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid is a goalie, do you want them to play on the best team or a weak team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid is a goalie, do you want them to play on the best team or a weak team?

you are kidding right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I did my research and we are going to tryout for Liberty this year. I too have heard great things about the program. I saw they were running a lot of clinics at the HUB in syosset last winter which is what I want most for my daughter, more opportunities to play in the off season. Their director is also a former D1 girls coach from a top program. Spoke to several parents at tournaments this summer and they were all very happy (something I could not say for some of the other clubs I researched over this summer). They said the program is very well run and organized.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I did my research and we are going to tryout for Liberty this year. I too have heard great things about the program. I saw they were running a lot of clinics at the HUB in syosset last winter which is what I want most for my daughter, more opportunities to play in the off season. Their director is also a former D1 girls coach from a top program. Spoke to several parents at tournaments this summer and they were all very happy (something I could not say for some of the other clubs I researched over this summer). They said the program is very well run and organized.

Just some info...if you are not from set or gc don't expect to make top team. Last year they couldn't even fill the b team until December as most b team girls left.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just some info...if you are not from set or gc don't expect to make top team. Last year they couldn't even fill the b team until December as most b team girls left.

AT least hearsay-wise I'd back that up.... Lots of peeps have uttered that about them.... there are a few that are not from those towns but I think this is generally quite true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

this is not true. My daughter plays for Liberty and although there were a handful of girls from both Manhasset & GC on the team, every year there have been girls from several other communities. Don't believe the BS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which age group?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's not true. My daughter played on the B team and had a great summer. She had 17 kids on the team and every kid came to every tourney. They played year round at the HUB and played in a winter league as well. Had a great experience at liberty with very good coaching. That sounds like a jealous club director posting that hmmmm.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the Suffolk Allstars?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Part of Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse, think you have to play SCGL to be eligible. Usually parent coaches - inexpensive but doesn't seem to attract big talent. Two of the older teams (2016 and 2017) left as a group and went to 90+1 a few years ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's not true. My daughter played on the B team and had a great summer. She had 17 kids on the team and every kid came to every tourney. They played year round at the HUB and played in a winter league as well. Had a great experience at liberty with very good coaching. That sounds like a jealous club director posting that hmmmm.....

Are you denying that the team didn't have enough players until December. Most girls who made the B team left leaving them too short to field a team. They recruited unhappy girls from Elevate after their ttyouts. The A team is all set and GC. The b team is everyone else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Part of Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse, think you have to play SCGL to be eligible. Usually parent coaches - inexpensive but doesn't seem to attract big talent. Two of the older teams (2016 and 2017) left as a group and went to 90+1 a few years ago.

if the best girls left for that team it doesn't say much! Thank you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if the best girls left for that team it doesn't say much! Thank you!

Not the best girls - the whole teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Allstars were one of the original travel programs in Suffolk. Solid group of guys that run it. Run it as a non-profit. Solid track record of placing girls in collegiate programs. Recommend you reach out to them to ask them the questions directly rather than take advice on this forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Allstars were one of the original travel programs in Suffolk. Solid group of guys that run it. Run it as a non-profit. Solid track record of placing girls in collegiate programs. Recommend you reach out to them to ask them the questions directly rather than take advice on this forum.

Well, you can't reach out to them because there is no phone contact number and they didn't return my email. Guess that's a bad sign! Sounds a lot like Team Long Island which my son left for the same reasons!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When did you send your email? I'm with the program and any requests that have come in so far have been addressed. Please make sure you are using this email address: suffolkallstars@gmail.com. Multiple directors and coaches monitor that inbox.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Need honest assessment of YJ 22s. Three teams listed. How big is drop from A to B to C? Is there an honest shot of making A or B at tryouts at this stage?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Need honest assessment of YJ 22s. Three teams listed. How big is drop from A to B to C? Is there an honest shot of making A or B at tryouts at this stage?

A team is filled with a bunch of girls that are the coaches daughter's school mates. A few don't belong. The daddy coach is one of the most hated in the YJ organization, by their own parents. You can here parents complain about him whenever he's around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do not listen to this unhappy parent. Their daughter is probably not progressing as much as the other girls and he or she is jealous . With that being said there are girls from all over the island on all of the teams. There is a drop off from A to B to C but if the tryouts are done right that is what it should be. CR wants to win period. She wants the best girls on the best team. If you think she lets anyone change her mind you are crazy and obviously do not know her!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do not listen to this unhappy parent. Their daughter is probably not progressing as much as the other girls and he or she is jealous . With that being said there are girls from all over the island on all of the teams. There is a drop off from A to B to C but if the tryouts are done right that is what it should be. CR wants to win period. She wants the best girls on the best team. If you think she lets anyone change her mind you are crazy and obviously do not know her!!

You my friend must be smoking something if you don't think she places connected kids on top teams! Would love to say the top girls get the top spots but unfortunately that is not always the case.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are actually spot on with that assessment!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In all honesty, your daughter will need to be exceptional to break into the A team as a newcomer to YJ at this age. Very good to break into B. Most likely, she'll make the C team and then have to prove herself and be noticed to move up from there next season. Just my honest, no BS opinion. That's what my daughter had to do as a rising 6th grader a couple of years back and now she's on the 2021 B team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's perfect. Fully what I expected when posing the question. Was just concerned that the C is not competitive, might be a throw away year and is it worth it if there are too many politics to honestly get a shot to move up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should consider LI Waive ( spelled wrong intentionally -fore some reason when spelled correctly it comes up ****). New owners just announced and will be aggressive yet stick with the one team per grade philosophy to ensure attention is given to every player. Better to be the standout on a small team than to get looked over on clubs with multiple teams looking for money. Remember- college coaches don't care what team you played on. Go with a dedicated small club and get some private lessons here and there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's perfect. Fully what I expected when posing the question. Was just concerned that the C is not competitive, might be a throw away year and is it worth it if there are too many politics to honestly get a shot to move up.

The top half of the B team is solid, although there is the potential for movement off the team, as some may elect to try and make another clubs A team. The bottom of B and the C team are close.. don't be surprised if a slot on B is offered.
there were issue this past season on B as the head coach was alone most of the practices and early Tourn's.. this should be rectified this year but who knows??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top half of the B team is solid, although there is the potential for movement off the team, as some may elect to try and make another clubs A team. The bottom of B and the C team are close.. don't be surprised if a slot on B is offered.
there were issue this past season on B as the head coach was alone most of the practices and early Tourn's.. this should be rectified this year but who knows??

This is not terrible advice, although I will counter, if she can make the top clubs top team, that's where she should play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should consider LI Waive ( spelled wrong intentionally -fore some reason when spelled correctly it comes up ****). New owners just announced and will be aggressive yet stick with the one team per grade philosophy to ensure attention is given to every player. Better to be the standout on a small team than to get looked over on clubs with multiple teams looking for money. Remember- college coaches don't care what team you played on. Go with a dedicated small club and get some private lessons here and there.

This is not terrible advice, although I will counter, if she can make the top clubs top team, that's where she should play
(edit)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We did the "throw away" year last season, and expect to move up, since my daughter turned out to be one of the best on the B team. During the tryout last year (YJ) being new to the organization, she was pretty much immediately banished to the looser side. (everyone knows what that means!) Was not even given a fair chance! We stuck it out, worked hard, hopefully it pays off!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can I ask? What team are you thinking of moving from, can you hint? Is it another higher end team (Top Guns, Elevate, Liberty) or a lower tiered team (Leg A C, Beach Bums, 90+1, etc.)??? I think this would make a difference in your decision. If she's already on the A of one of the other "big" teams, why move? If she's on a lower team's A, then a move to YJ C would make sense if she has the talent to be noticed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We did the "throw away" year last season, and expect to move up, since my daughter turned out to be one of the best on the B team. During the tryout last year (YJ) being new to the organization, she was pretty much immediately banished to the looser side. (everyone knows what that means!) Was not even given a fair chance! We stuck it out, worked hard, hopefully it pays off!

Im not trying to be a d*ck, but, in order to move up she'll need to be "The" best player on B or be better than the last player on A.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[sic]

Can I ask? What team are you thinking of moving from, can you hint? Is it another higher end team (Top Guns, Elevate, Liberty) or a lower tiered team (Leg A C, Beach Bums, 90+1, etc.)??? I think this would make a difference in your decision. If she's already on the A of one of the other "big" teams, why move? If she's on a lower team's A, then a move to YJ C would make sense if she has the talent to be noticed.

I still think the key thing will be playing time. Playing < 7 minutes a game on an A team vs most of the game on a B team, I'd personally take the B team unless you really feel that the spot on the A team will result in big time on the field. Lest anyone forget the roster sizes involved here. Being #23 on the team is pretty much a chance to stand next to the kids who are playing rather than actually playing in the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed 2022 A is top notch. 2022 runs 35 very good Girls 30 good IMO. 10 of which are legit studs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Im not trying to be a d*ck, but, in order to move up she'll need to be "The" best player on B or be better than the last player on A.

Any any given day the top 10 A can be swapped with the top 10 B kids and there would be no impact to either team. I have yet to see a YJ A team with 20 plus studs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Appreciate the healthy dialogue on this. These questions typically go right into the gutter. We have played for one of the A teams in what would have been in the 2nd tier that was listed above. Everyone is telling us to make the jump soon to one of the bigger programs as we've maxed out our experience there. I'm not one of those parents that thinks my daughter is the best, probably only expect her to be on the B at YJ if I'm honest with myself, which led to my question of is there an honest shot of cracking the roster at tryouts, if not, is the C competitive enough to learn for a year while she earns her way up. Think I got what I was looking for on here. Well done, folks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any any given day the top 10 A can be swapped with the top 10 B kids and there would be no impact to either team. I have yet to see a YJ A team with 20 plus studs.

Meant the bottom 10 on A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Meant the bottom 10 on A

I have seen many times at several age groups the top girls from B go up and struggle mightily on A. Have also seen struggling A girls go down and kill it on the B team. I would agree with you for about 2 or 3 kids can be interchanged and make little difference. 10 you are delusional. At several age groups at YJ I would go as far to say 0. As in the worst player on A is better than the best on B. But there are definitely a few political age groups that need fixing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck with that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck with that.

Thats what we'll be saying to you when your daughter is moved down! Rather work hard and earn it than feel entitled!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares what team she is on. If she is good enough...college coaches will find her. You have to market you kid, not the program. Send emails to coaches, go to camp, and don't waste your $$$$$$ on YG, TG..Save some $ go to a small club and if she is good enough she will be recruited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only problem with that strategy is the small clubs charge just as much or more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are all of the clubs out there charging $2000 plus like Team Elevate, YG and Top Gun? FOR WHAT???? Its not the Club....Its you and your child doing the work. Its CRAZY how much $$$ is thrown around looking for the D1 Full Ride that DOES NOT EXIST.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Small clubs are cost effective and so much more personal attention! It doesn't matter what club your kid plays for- it's better to save your money and coaches your schedule, make a YouTube tape and they will contact your daughter or son.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares what team she is on. If she is good enough...college coaches will find her. You have to market you kid, not the program. Send emails to coaches, go to camp, and don't waste your $$$$$$ on YG, TG..Save some $ go to a small club and if she is good enough she will be recruited.

The key is getting the coaching. Right now TG and YJ are lacking that. YJ just paoches talented girls and TG barley teaches the girls about how to play the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who has all the coaching, and what clubs are yj poaching?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ's poach from everywhere! Every year some of the best kids at all the surrounding programs make the jump because they are promised things and they know the club will get them the most visibility. Its easier to get a look on the YJ's then some other teams but it is POSSIBLE EVERYWHERE you just have to work at it. 2nd pick in NFL draft was from a D2 school that kid had a tougher road then an ohio state kid on tv ever week but the kid still got noticed. Best girls on Wave and Liberty do just fine finding a college spot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The key is getting the coaching. Right now TG and YJ are lacking that. YJ just paoches talented girls and TG barley teaches the girls about how to play the game.
Speak for yourself. SS coaches the 2020 Black team and my daughter couldn't be happier despite all the negativity you read here. I'll also add that as parents we are very happy as well. The point is don't discredit all the coaches on travel teams. There are lots of good ones on all of them, YJ, TG, etc .... Maybe your child didn't get what you hoped out of it, but many are learning and developing great lacrosse skills and life skills. And , many are having the time of their lives with great friends.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you seen the Wave commitment page?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ's poach from everywhere! Every year some of the best kids at all the surrounding programs make the jump because they are promised things and they know the club will get them the most visibility. Its easier to get a look on the YJ's then some other teams but it is POSSIBLE EVERYWHERE you just have to work at it. 2nd pick in NFL draft was from a D2 school that kid had a tougher road then an ohio state kid on tv ever week but the kid still got noticed. Best girls on Wave and Liberty do just fine finding a college spot

Liberty absolutely, but it's a stretch to say that the Wave is in the same league when it comes to placing their girls. Look at the difference in where the girls from Liberty attend versus the Wave and you will see there really is no comparison.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that has more to do with talent level than the club simply pitching kids to a school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Liberty absolutely, but it's a stretch to say that the Wave is in the same league when it comes to placing their girls. Look at the difference in where the girls from Liberty attend versus the Wave and you will see there really is no comparison.

Difference is the Liberty kids were going to those good schools either way. Sorry but that's a product of growing up in Manahasset.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talking about Liberty....why does it take 10 days after try-outs for roster spots to be offered?

Seems pretty odd.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whats going on with rules changes for 2017

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so you would rather have to find out within 3 days and be forced to commit in another 3 days?...and write that check for $500?makes more sense to buy some time in case you want to try out for other organizations w/out being forced to commit right away..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so you would rather have to find out within 3 days and be forced to commit in another 3 days?...and write that check for $500?makes more sense to buy some time in case you want to try out for other organizations w/out being forced to commit right away..

You are assuming that no other offers are already outstanding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good point....was not sure how many other programs have already conducted tryouts...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

for a Lower tier team Legacy beat teams that beat TG and Liberty this year. Doubt Any of them will beat Leg next season after upgrades.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Need honest assessment of YJ 22s. Three teams listed. How big is drop from A to B to C? Is there an honest shot of making A or B at tryouts at this stage?

for a Lower tier team Legacy beat teams that beat TG and Liberty this year. Doubt Any of them will beat Leg next season after upgrades.

What upgrades?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Need honest assessment of YJ 22s. Three teams listed. How big is drop from A to B to C? Is there an honest shot of making A or B at tryouts at this stage?

What upgrades?

A few YJ girls are going to Leg for 2023, for the coaching. Should be a very good team next year.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

What upgrades?

A few YJ girls are going to Leg for 2023, for the coaching. Should be a very good team next year.

I'm no YJ parent but jeez-- every year now with the 'Leg is going to kill it now with the YJ players they are snatching'. Look at the same time last year on these forums and you'll see it all over the place. It's hooey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What upgrades?

Yawn... No one cares about this program, they will never draw quality studs, All low level talent on all the teams A and B combined. Program is above Beach Bums, *1, but will never get to the YJ or even TG level and TG has been struggling so that says alot. I would advise those girls to stay where they are. This program is struggling to even build a buzz. No buzz, no interest = no looks, that's unless those girls are on YJ 3-4. First and second YJ have no business leaving for Leg.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they have the heart to leave the brand and go purely with the best coach for the age group

What upgrades?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What upgrades?

Yawn... No one cares about this program, they will never draw quality studs, All low level talent on all the teams A and B combined. Program is above Beach Bums, *1, but will never get to the YJ or even TG level and TG has been struggling so that says alot. I would advise those girls to stay where they are. This program is struggling to even build a buzz. No buzz, no interest = no looks, that's unless those girls are on YJ 3-4. First and second YJ have no business leaving for Leg.

How do the 2023 YJ compare to TG? I know the last time they played TG won handily. It seemed like the YJ teams didn't do well last summer against the better teams, at times loosing all the games at some tournaments. Is it a weak year in general?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do the 2019 YJ compare to the rest of the island clubs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What upgrades?

Wow...someone has some issues. You are right that they are having a tough time at some age groups. But a couple of teams are pretty good. Their 2020 blue team is comprised of many girls that left TG and YJ. Yes, and some of them were from that organizations top team. And, to your dismay, many are receiving contacts from some top colleges. But please continue to go on believing that only certain teams get looked at if that makes you feel better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just goes to show what coaching can do...they did take kids from lower TG and YJ and have developed two very good teams...they don't need a buzz from this website...they need to develop kids and thats it!!

What upgrades?

Wow...someone has some issues. You are right that they are having a tough time at some age groups. But a couple of teams are pretty good. Their 2020 blue team is comprised of many girls that left TG and YJ. Yes, and some of them were from that organizations top team. And, to your dismay, many are receiving contacts from some top colleges. But please continue to go on believing that only certain teams get looked at if that makes you feel better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What two teams did they develop? and I'm sorry, I would not be leaving my program to go to a start up branch off of a boys team just because they have one good team. What top teams did they play this summer to even come close to being called a good team? and I mean a top team, please do not give me a rundown of all the low level teams and tournaments they played. Seems you Leg folks, like to toot your own horns. The one "good team" as you call it is very mediocre. let's have this conversation again next year when you are still looking for your kids commit/offer. Truth is they're not having issues with some teams, they're having issues with almost all except the mighty self proclaimed "Pretty Good" Blue Team. Program is for kids that have no other options so they settle. Most of the TG/YJ kids that left to go to Leg were demoted and saw Leg as a way to save face. Mediocre low level program/kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What upgrades?

I'm no YJ parent but jeez-- every year now with the 'Leg is going to kill it now with the YJ players they are snatching'. Look at the same time last year on these forums and you'll see it all over the place. It's hooey.

Boy are you right! it's actually quite annoying as no one actually believes it other than the delusional parents that are there. Wanna be YJ so bad bunch of looney parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What upgrades?

Boy are you right! it's actually quite annoying as no one actually believes it other than the delusional parents that are there. Wanna be YJ so bad bunch of looney parents.

They should take all the BBP and Sayville kids they can get there hands on!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the Igloo turnout? Did most existing return?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the cost for TG,Elevate,Liberty and YJ?
Are they about the same?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the Express 'tryouts' consisted of barely enough girls to fill a team for the '18 and '19's and certainly not enough for the '20's. They are shot. Was a waste of money/time.

Incidentally, one of the 4 people running the tryouts LOUDLY announced in front of the grandstands that she didn't have her contacts on and couldn't see what was what. If she's nearsighted she cannot see the field of players, if she's farsighted she cannot see names/numbers on a player sheet. Might want to keep that down in front of the parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the Express 'tryouts' consisted of barely enough girls to fill a team for the '18 and '19's and certainly not enough for the '20's. They are shot. Was a waste of money/time.

Incidentally, one of the 4 people running the tryouts LOUDLY announced in front of the grandstands that she didn't have her contacts on and couldn't see what was what. If she's nearsighted she cannot see the field of players, if she's farsighted she cannot see names/numbers on a player sheet. Might want to keep that down in front of the parents.

Played the 2021 team at Hofstra and they were surprisingly pretty good. They spanked Wave and lost to TE by 1 goal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Played the 2021 team at Hofstra and they were surprisingly pretty good. They spanked Wave and lost to TE by 1 goal.

Actually the 18s and 19s where mostly very good during the tryouts. S

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are people going to realize wave teams are not good. A win over them means nothing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are people going to realize wave teams are not good. A win over them means nothing.

September 13th. I think that's when Wave Realization Day is, if I remember correctly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've never even heard of Wave

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

September 13th. I think that's when Wave Realization Day is, if I remember correctly.

Lol, very funny!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've never even heard of Wave

Wave is a program that has been around for quite some time. It is a much more intimate club, they only take 1 team per age group and work with every girl to develop into the best player she can be. We switched over a few years ago after being on a Top team and never looked back. Although my daughter has a few years left of high school ball, the direction and guidance has been valuable, my niece on the other hand stayed with the Top team and will graduate this year and could not get "the directors" to return phone calls. This was the case with many girls, which is a shame but lesson learned. Check out every option and then make a decision, you never want to say "I should have" &#128077;&#127995;

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody was thumping about Wave. Some grades are better than others and yes the 2021 team in particular is not very good and even lost to most LI B teams. The people that are there seem to be happy and it works for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great reply..if folks are happy where they are and Wave fits the bill, who is anyone else to throw stones?...but will agree, spanking Wave is no real "feather in a cap" for another travel program...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What two teams did they develop? and I'm sorry, I would not be leaving my program to go to a start up branch off of a boys team just because they have one good team. What top teams did they play this summer to even come close to being called a good team? and I mean a top team, please do not give me a rundown of all the low level teams and tournaments they played. Seems you Leg folks, like to toot your own horns. The one "good team" as you call it is very mediocre. let's have this conversation again next year when you are still looking for your kids commit/offer. Truth is they're not having issues with some teams, they're having issues with almost all except the mighty self proclaimed "Pretty Good" Blue Team. Program is for kids that have no other options so they settle. Most of the TG/YJ kids that left to go to Leg were demoted and saw Leg as a way to save face. Mediocre low level program/kids.

So angry. Why are you so angry about a program that you want no part of? My kid is not from this program, so I don't know much, but I do know some of the kids well. They have some talent, I guess they just don't have enough depth. As a consumer, I was actually hoping that this program would be more successful. I truly believe that LI is missing out on a lot of what MD does with their programs. They have a number of programs that compete at a high level in each age group. LI has a couple of age groups like that (I firmly believe that 2020 is one of those groups despite all the negativity). But it seems that too many directors and parents cannot get along due to egos and $. Just my honest opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So angry. Why are you so angry about a program that you want no part of? My kid is not from this program, so I don't know much, but I do know some of the kids well. They have some talent, I guess they just don't have enough depth. As a consumer, I was actually hoping that this program would be more successful. I truly believe that LI is missing out on a lot of what MD does with their programs. They have a number of programs that compete at a high level in each age group. LI has a couple of age groups like that (I firmly believe that 2020 is one of those groups despite all the negativity). But it seems that too many directors and parents cannot get along due to egos and $. Just my honest opinion.

I agree with your post. Keeps putting down anyone who's not a YJ A. I think this is the same poster who keeps making negative comments on the TG thread. Even though some YJ A teams have been beaten by other LI teams, this poster just won't stop, makes you wonder who is behind this? I think it's great that LI has some good options and young clubs looking to make a mark!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with your post. Keeps putting down anyone who's not a YJ A. I think this is the same poster who keeps making negative comments on the TG thread. Even though some YJ A teams have been beaten by other LI teams, this poster just won't stop, makes you wonder who is behind this? I think it's great that LI has some good options and young clubs looking to make a mark!

May be hard to believe, but there are actually quite a few people (actually more like a lot of people)that are not drinking the Legacy kool aid. If you are happy there that's all that should matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my world an anonymous post means nothing !
Start putting your name to what you say if you want to put down other programs, teams or dare I say 12 year old girls!!!
Assholes!!

quote=Anonymous]

I agree with your post. Keeps putting down anyone who's not a YJ A. I think this is the same poster who keeps making negative comments on the TG thread. Even though some YJ A teams have been beaten by other LI teams, this poster just won't stop, makes you wonder who is behind this? I think it's great that LI has some good options and young clubs looking to make a mark! [/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the cost for TG,Elevate,Liberty and YJ?
Are they about the same?

All of the costs are posted on the clubs website with the exception of Elevate as they seem to be the least transparent on this topic. I have had kids on 3 different clubs. YJ charges a member fee that doesn't include tourneys or anything else. We also played on Elevate 2 years ago and Liberty last year. Liberty includes things like winter indoor practices, scrimmages with other clubs, etc all included in their fee. We spent a lot less on Liberty than we did on Elevate as Elevate charged for EVERYTHING. Bus tour, cash only at the door practices, recruiting, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 is a cesspool on LI. Parents are the worst. The girls can play but they follow their parents lead so its bad but where do you go? Most have been talking about how great their kid is and how everybody else can't keep up since 3rd grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island Bengals Girls Teams have tryouts next week. Great coaches. Very good team last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Out of curiosity, why do the YJs require girls to bring a ball with their name on it to tryouts?

I haven't seen this at any other tryout.

Not looking for CR $ jokes please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island Bengals Girls Teams have tryouts next week. Great coaches. Very good team last year.

Is this a paid advertisement? I am the owner of the Bengals and I approve this message!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Out of curiosity, why do the YJs require girls to bring a ball with their name on it to tryouts?

I haven't seen this at any other tryout.

Not looking for CR $ jokes please.

Yellow Jackets keeps all balls at the end of tryouts and considers them a charitable contribution for future use in team practices.

The player is asked to place their name on the ball so that CR knows who to send the documentation to so that individual may deduct the value of the ball from their income as a noncash charitable contribution.

CR never misses a trick.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bengals Really.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She's the best! She makes tens of thousands of dollars on tryouts and you need to bring your own ball. And parents have zero issue with her or her money making schemes. Double dipping by running 8 tournaments a year, no problem. Send your kids to privates, camp, clinics, winter, the BBQ, the new bus trip on and on and on. She has everyone scared Shatliss.

Not for me, but she is brilliant. And her defenders wash her car and cut her grass for good measure

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She's the best! She makes tens of thousands of dollars on tryouts and you need to bring your own ball. And parents have zero issue with her or her money making schemes. Double dipping by running 8 tournaments a year, no problem. Send your kids to privates, camp, clinics, winter, the BBQ, the new bus trip on and on and on. She has everyone scared Shatliss.

Not for me, but she is brilliant. And her defenders wash her car and cut her grass for good measure

Great now tell us which of the non money grab clubs your daughter plays for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bandits

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bandits

Bandits don't they end in 8th grade? Whats this required parent assisted fundraising all about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bandits

Bandits don't they end in 8th grade? Whats this required parent assisted fundraising all about?

Did you REALLY just compare the Bandits to YJ? Really? That's like comparing the LI Ducks to the Yankees

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bandits

Did you REALLY just compare the Bandits to YJ? Really? That's like comparing the LI Ducks to the Yankees

The Bandits did thump on the YJ B teams this summer. 2021 had a better showing vs YJ A than most LI clubs. And parents kept $2k in their pocket. That being said, come recruiting age, probably better off onYJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bandits

Try reading it again - nice and slowly. Nobody was comparing the teams, somebody answered the question about a non money grab club - the opposite of YJ. And why are the Dux getting the [***] treatment - is that even a lax club?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Title 9 is a non for profit lacrosse organization. It's on their website.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey ,
Can I get some input on the YJ 2020 a and b teams? I'd like to know how they are. Thank u in advance

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So is the Clinton Foundation

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So that means absolutely nothing other than they can't show a profit and all the money needs to stay within the organization. I do business with a lot of non profits and many spend money like there's no tomorrow. I would not base my decision solely on how they structured the club but for the record I know nothing about them, how much they pay themselves and how they spend the money they take in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where did the four new Liberty blk girls come from? Someone said TE but heard that's not the case.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where did the four new Liberty blk girls come from? Someone said TE but heard that's not the case.

The same place all of the other girls on the team come from G.C., Manhasett, RVC, Syosset lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what age group?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The same place all of the other girls on the team come from G.C., Manhasett, RVC, Syosset lol

2021 picked up some new players and dont think they are from any of the above towns. Liberty seems to be expanding beyond and attracting quality players to the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Comment on the following: Should a team that holds tryouts that do not have enough players to even form a team even if 100 percent accepted? There's no chance of a team, and therefore the player is trying out for nothing. Yet another reason these organizations need more scrutiny from a business ethics point of view!?!

Thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Comment on the following: Should a team that holds tryouts that do not have enough players to even form a team even if 100 percent accepted? There's no chance of a team, and therefore the player is trying out for nothing. Yet another reason these organizations need more scrutiny from a business ethics point of view!?!

Thoughts?

[/quote

That's a new one, what club? Did they at least refund the tryout fee?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
will be interesting as TE has , I think, the last tryouts of season. So any kid from TE who has tried out for other programs , will have prob already committed to another program.
They may/may not have lost players at this point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Comment on the following: Should a team that holds tryouts that do not have enough players to even form a team even if 100 percent accepted? There's no chance of a team, and therefore the player is trying out for nothing. Yet another reason these organizations need more scrutiny from a business ethics point of view!?!

Thoughts?

Where is the question here? Think you left something out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
will be interesting as TE has , I think, the last tryouts of season. So any kid from TE who has tried out for other programs , will have prob already committed to another program.

Nope, YJ is the cleanup batter. They scoop up all the kids that haven't committed to a club. Actually brilliant as it also locks in most of kids that end up getting demoted as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2021 picked up some new players and dont think they are from any of the above towns. Liberty seems to be expanding beyond and attracting quality players to the program.

It's all great until you realize that if you're not from Set you don't really matter - most find that out by the end of year one

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we will see about that!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's all great until you realize that if you're not from Set you don't really matter - most find that out by the end of year one

I thought that's why they have a B team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

do you say that because of personal experience?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Elevate told 2 of my daughters friends who currently play on a B team at another club that if they come to tryouts this weekend they will be placed on the A team. I am not all that familiar with Elevate but does this even sound remotely true? The Elevate Director doesn't really know the girls. Input please?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

do you say that because of personal experience?

I have a lot of friends who play on liberty and don't live remotely near Manhasset - that was how it was years ago - things have dramatically changed over there for the better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

agree - there are kids from many towns on liberty as was witnessed at tryouts this year. my daughter's A team has kids who reside from all over the island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Elevate told 2 of my daughters friends who currently play on a B team at another club that if they come to tryouts this weekend they will be placed on the A team. I am not all that familiar with Elevate but does this even sound remotely true? The Elevate Director doesn't really know the girls. Input please?

They could be in need to fill out rosters especially if someone knows these girls and spoke to TE director. Nobody is leaving YJA, TGA or Liberty A to go to elevate so their only option is to try and grab some disgruntled B team girls and offer them a spot on the top team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, Elevate has been making the promise to a lot of girls to lure them into coming to tryouts. Before you leave your current team and say no to them, wait and see where you end up. You will be placed on the Elevate B team and then it will come with a lonngggg motivational story from DK. Its all part of the sales process. If YJ was coming after your daughter and made a deal for your daughter to be on the A team, that would be a very different story but that is not the case. Keep your eyes wide open!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You think Elevate is struggling to fill spots on their A team? I guess it's possible.

They could be in need to fill out rosters especially if someone knows these girls and spoke to TE director. Nobody is leaving YJA, TGA or Liberty A to go to elevate so their only option is to try and grab some disgruntled B team girls and offer them a spot on the top team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You think Elevate is struggling to fill spots on their A team? I guess it's possible.

Nobody said struggling to fill rosters but guaranteed they will lose some girls on A teams like every past year. I'm sure they are also looking to upgrade a few spots. Knowing what I know, I have no doubt they are reaching out to other players to get as many to tryouts as possible especially at $95 clip

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

The Elevate told 2 of my daughters friends who currently play on a B team at another club that if they come to tryouts this weekend they will be placed on the A team. I am not all that familiar with Elevate but does this even sound remotely true? The Elevate Director doesn't really know the girls. Input please? [/quoted te]

They could be in need to fill out rosters especially if someone knows these girls and spoke to TE director. Nobody is leaving YJA, TGA or Liberty A to go to elevate so their only option is to try and grab some disgruntled B team girls and offer them a spot on the top team. [/quote] [/quote]

Nobody said struggling to fill rosters but guaranteed they will lose some girls on A teams like every past year. I'm sure they are also looking to upgrade a few spots. Knowing what I know, I have no doubt they are reaching out to other players to get as many to tryouts as possible especially at $95 clip [/quote]

What is it that you think you "know"?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

The Elevate told 2 of my daughters friends who currently play on a B team at another club that if they come to tryouts this weekend they will be placed on the A team. I am not all that familiar with Elevate but does this even sound remotely true? The Elevate Director doesn't really know the girls. Input please? [/quoted te]

[/quote]

Nobody said struggling to fill rosters but guaranteed they will lose some girls on A teams like every past year. I'm sure they are also looking to upgrade a few spots. Knowing what I know, I have no doubt they are reaching out to other players to get as many to tryouts as possible especially at $95 clip [/quote]

What is it that you think you "know"? [/quote]

oh, I dunno..maybe that Dave is a crook???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

oh, I dunno..maybe that Dave is a crook??? [/quote]

Would they discount the $95 if you pay cash the day of?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

[/quote]

You guys are so cute in your TE bucket hats!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was thinking of having my daughter try out for YJ, But I was checking out the fall tournament rosters and noticed that they already have names of new girls that were not on the team prior and tryouts have not been held.. At this point is it safe to say skip the tryout? If the tournament rosters have new girls, I'm assuming these girls have already been offered a spot. So what's the point of bringing my kid?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was thinking of having my daughter try out for YJ, But I was checking out the fall tournament rosters and noticed that they already have names of new girls that were not on the team prior and tryouts have not been held.. At this point is it safe to say skip the tryout? If the tournament rosters have new girls, I'm assuming these girls have already been offered a spot. So what's the point of bringing my kid?

How do you know who is new?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because if she is good, she will be offered a spot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct. Under table deals

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good point. If you weren't on the team last year and you are "thinking" about taking her to tryouts, how do you know there are Nice try.............

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good point. If you weren't on the team last year and you are "thinking" about taking her to tryouts, how do you know there are Nice try.............

Nobody even mentioned the age group unless this is happening across the board?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you are busted ! Care to enlighten us as to why you really posted ? If you are truly interested the tryouts are legit, if you can play you will be given the chance to tryout with the top team. Every year someone shows up and it is very apparent they have the talent to compete on the top team. These players are spotted almost immediately and sent to play with the blue team .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Comment on the following: Should a team that holds tryouts that do not have enough players to even form a team even if 100 percent accepted? There's no chance of a team, and therefore the player is trying out for nothing. Yet another reason these organizations need more scrutiny from a business ethics point of view!?!

Thoughts?

[/quote

That's a new one, what club? Did they at least refund the tryout fee?

One of the other parents contacted me on the same thing... Charging for tryouts for a team that never is able to be formed.... there's something inherently wrong about that no?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you are busted ! Care to enlighten us as to why you really posted ? If you are truly interested the tryouts are legit, if you can play you will be given the chance to tryout with the top team. Every year someone shows up and it is very apparent they have the talent to compete on the top team. These players are spotted almost immediately and sent to play with the blue team .

To all you YJ lemmings on the 2021 top team CR just sent you a big message! The team didn't cut it this summer plain and simple. I'm sure more deals were cut and they will become pretty apparent at your tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To all you YJ lemmings on the 2021 top team CR just sent you a big message! The team didn't cut it this summer plain and simple. I'm sure more deals were cut and they will become pretty apparent at your tryouts.

It's no secret that this team is always looking for talented young ladies. Can't speak for everyone but that's why our daughter came to YJ she wanted to compete with as many of the top players as possible. She loves it best move we could have made.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's no secret that this team is always looking for talented young ladies. Can't speak for everyone but that's why our daughter came to YJ she wanted to compete with as many of the top players as possible. She loves it best move we could have made.

All great until you get pushed to the B team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All great until you get pushed to the B team [/quote]

And thank goodness it is that way. I want the best players to come and compete and win the spots over others. This is how these teams stay on top. Is is sad if it is my daughter that gets dropped, yes. But wouldn't want it any other way. Why do you think these YJ teams are ahead and shoulders above all the others on LI? If your sensitive over that philosophy, there are all the rest of the clubs on the island where you can feel safe and secure about a roster spot, provided you are from the right town and kiss the right butts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And thank goodness it is that way. I want the best players to come and compete and win the spots over others. This is how these teams stay on top. Is is sad if it is my daughter that gets dropped, yes. But wouldn't want it any other way. Why do you think these YJ teams are ahead and shoulders above all the others on LI? If your sensitive over that philosophy, there are all the rest of the clubs on the island where you can feel safe and secure about a roster spot, provided you are from the right town and kiss the right butts. [/quote]

You must be new, your last sentence shows how clueless you are about this club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And thank goodness it is that way. I want the best players to come and compete and win the spots over others. This is how these teams stay on top. Is is sad if it is my daughter that gets dropped, yes. But wouldn't want it any other way. Why do you think these YJ teams are ahead and shoulders above all the others on LI? If your sensitive over that philosophy, there are all the rest of the clubs on the island where you can feel safe and secure about a roster spot, provided you are from the right town and kiss the right butts.

You must be new, your last sentence shows how clueless you are about this club. [/quote]

YJ is not "head and shoulders" above all other LI teams. The YJ a teams have been beaten by other LI teams in some age groups

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ is not "head and shoulders" above all other LI teams. The YJ a teams have been beaten by other LI teams in some age groups [/quote]

Perhaps at the younger age groups but rarely once in middle school and above.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Genius..the rosters for the season that just ended are on the website along with the fall tournament rosters..you really must learn how to use the internet. And I was asking about the 2020 age group specifically.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be new, your last sentence shows how clueless you are about this club. [/quote]

New to this? That's funny. Between my kids I have 17 years of travel lacrosse. I know exactly what I am talking about. Hind sight is 20/20, good luck with your road ahead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ is not "head and shoulders" above all other LI teams. The YJ a teams have been beaten by other LI teams in some age groups

Perhaps at the younger age groups but rarely once in middle school and above. [/quote]

2021 and 2022 were absolutely not heads and shoulders above the other LI top teams.
Only delirious YJ parents think that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

New to this? That's funny. Between my kids I have 17 years of travel lacrosse. I know exactly what I am talking about. Hind sight is 20/20, good luck with your road ahead. [/quote]

Thank you for setting the record straight! In my wildest dreams I had no idea that every top spot on YJ was earned by ability alone. Its actually refreshing to hear in this day and age of politics, connected kids, behind the scene deals, friends and family and being from the right town has no place in the YJ organization. One more thing, when your journey ends could I get those rose colored glasses you must be wearing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Genius..the rosters for the season that just ended are on the website along with the fall tournament rosters..you really must learn how to use the internet. And I was asking about the 2020 age group specifically.

You sat and compared rosters? Say no more!

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard