Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
there are tons of girls who play for one of the bottom 25 D1 programs and those teams are really weak but club connections can get you a spot and at the end of the day you will be forever able to say "I played D1 lacrosse with scholarship"

After the top 5-10 schools its all the same

You are correct. Take Niagara as an example. My daughter and her friends are at best mid level players, play for a "not popular" club. All were recruited by Niagara, and offered a few thousand dollars. Not only is it 8+ hours away (1way) but it's rural and academics are not great. Closer option was Hartford and New Haven, both offered more $$ and we will be able to see every game. You don't need to be the best on your team, you don't need to be committed by 10th grade and you don't need to jump at the first college that contacts you. You DO need to be realistic- do you want to home for a nice meal once or twice a month? Will holidays be an issue? Are rosters big? And more importantly if you took lax out of the picture would you still stay at the school? Take me he Division out of the equation and go see 5 schools before you decide. Just my 2 cents, have a nice day

Excellent post. At the end of the day it's school. Would you be happy if you didn't play??