BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,905
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 177 of 327 1 2 175 176 177 178 179 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Your crazy, I.M has been s staple on that team causing havoc to goalies down low, even when M.B. was there. C.Q. is a ball hog that takes poor shots when she should pass instead, probably why D.G. wouldn't play her. In the end , if she was half as good as you say S.A. would have done more last year. She is not even in the same league as L.R., S.P. or even E.B. from the same team, and all 4 are better than S.A.

This response shows that you are clueless and seem to have a bit of a grudge against SA... Sad, but it is your opinion.
A grudge against St.A , I'm the one saying two of the best players on L.I. is I.M. and E.B. Both better than C.Q and S.A. and I further think that C.C. and C.B. both from S.H.A. are better than C.Q. and S.A. Neither tried out for school girls (or U-19 by default) so none of you lax aficionados probably even know who they are but should be very heavily considered

So two of the best players, in your opinion, play for the catholics and didn't try out for a team where the best competition on LI was playing???... tough to make a case for how good they are...

I know nothing about the St. A's players, but yes, not all girls want to get involved with the uber-political Schoolgirls. Those girls are not the only ones who skipped that.

Then one might question whether it was because of politics or perhaps the fear of truly challenging themselves against an "uber" competive field of players. This as opposed to the small pond of catholics girls lax players they currently compete against...
Maybe the catholic school girls just have a better self image (along with the parents) and don't feel the need to prove themselves to the likes of you

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your crazy, I.M has been s staple on that team causing havoc to goalies down low, even when M.B. was there. C.Q. is a ball hog that takes poor shots when she should pass instead, probably why D.G. wouldn't play her. In the end , if she was half as good as you say S.A. would have done more last year. She is not even in the same league as L.R., S.P. or even E.B. from the same team, and all 4 are better than S.A.

This response shows that you are clueless and seem to have a bit of a grudge against SA... Sad, but it is your opinion.
A grudge against St.A , I'm the one saying two of the best players on L.I. is I.M. and E.B. Both better than C.Q and S.A. and I further think that C.C. and C.B. both from S.H.A. are better than C.Q. and S.A. Neither tried out for school girls (or U-19 by default) so none of you lax aficionados probably even know who they are but should be very heavily considered

So two of the best players, in your opinion, play for the catholics and didn't try out for a team where the best competition on LI was playing???... tough to make a case for how good they are...

I know nothing about the St. A's players, but yes, not all girls want to get involved with the uber-political Schoolgirls. Those girls are not the only ones who skipped that.

Then one might question whether it was because of politics or perhaps the fear of truly challenging themselves against an "uber" competive field of players. This as opposed to the small pond of catholics girls lax players they currently compete against...
small field of players? last year the catholic schools played :
Georgetown Visitation D.C.
Vero Beach Fla.
Suffern N.Y. sec 1
Severn School Md.
St Timmothys Md.
Victor N.Y. sec 5
Regis Jesuit Co.
Air Accadamy Co.
Kent Denver Co.
Wilton Ct.
Danbury Ct.

While all Section 11 played each other plus
New Canaan Ct.
Christian Brothers N.Y. sec3
Suffern N.Y. sec1
West Genesee N.Y. sec3
Wilton Ct.
So 47 teams in suffolk played a total of 5 teams from outside N.Y. , and very few from neighboring Nassau. The catholics, on the other hand only have 6 schools but played 10 from outside N.Y. and schools from both Nassau and Suffolk including Manhasset, Carden City, and Farmingdale. So i ask who really plays a "small pond of lax players"?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe the catholic school girls just have a better self image (along with the parents) and don't feel the need to prove themselves to the likes of you

Sports isn't about "proving yourself" it's about Challenging yourself and competing! Athletes who work hard and are competitive strive to be the best and want to play with and against the best! They don't sit at home and say "I'm just as good as those girls, I just didn't feel like playing"! The girls who did tryout and made the teams love to play lacrosse and take every opportunity to compete!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Vero Beach Fla.
Suffern N.Y. sec 1
Severn School Md.
St Timmothys Md.
Victor N.Y. sec 5
Regis Jesuit Co.
Air Accadamy Co.
Kent Denver Co.
Wilton Ct.
Danbury Ct.

New Canaan Ct.
Suffern N.Y. sec1
West Genesee N.Y. sec3
Wilton Ct.
So 47 teams in suffolk played a total of 5 teams from outside N.Y. , and very few from neighboring Nassau. The catholics, on the other hand only have 6 schools but played 10 from outside N.Y. and schools from both Nassau and Suffolk including Manhasset, Carden City, and Farmingdale. So i ask who really plays a "small pond of lax players"?

Crickets...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
KA is one of the best defenders I've ever seen

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
KA is one of the best defenders I've ever seen

Thanks mom

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A little disappointed that teams had to play kids 3-4 years younger at Lax for a Cure. They could of done a better job of putting the younger teams against each other. Some of the younger teams never played each other and they put them in different divisions. My daughter's teammates had two accidental collisions with a much smaller players and both times the younger girls got hurt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Gotogoal
What will be interesting this year is that WB, EI and Hauppauge all move to Class B due to lower enrollment. Now we will have many of the top players going against each other.

Should be an exciting spring at the B School level! Eastport, Huntington, Sayville, WB, EI, Hauppauge, Harborfields, Kings Park, Rocky Point...Should be a competitive season.

A Schools - WI vs MC Finals in Suffolk, pencil it in now!

C Schools - BBP and Mt. Sinai will be an awesome contest!

C schools Mt.Sinai is winning it easy BBP has no chance, Yes I said the same thing last year and was wrong but BBP has a 1 in 100 chance of repeating.
Eastport lost several seniors who were key players as did Hauppauge RP and Harborfields. Watch out for Huntington and Sayville this year!!

Sayville lost coach daughter which is probably a good thing, now others might be able to shoot the ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does everyone need to stir up trouble on here. "Coaches daughter leaving so now someone else can shoot" What is wrong with you? Stop making trouble. Focus on something positive and productive. Stop looking at what everyone else does wrong and focus on something positive for a change. This sight attracts insecure, whiners. Getting old!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Vero Beach Fla.
Suffern N.Y. sec 1
Severn School Md.
St Timmothys Md.
Victor N.Y. sec 5
Regis Jesuit Co.
Air Accadamy Co.
Kent Denver Co.
Wilton Ct.
Danbury Ct.

New Canaan Ct.
Suffern N.Y. sec1
West Genesee N.Y. sec3
Wilton Ct.

Crickets...

I'm guessing that no one replied because the thread was discussing the individual athletes challenging themselves at tryouts against similar age athletes from other areas on LI. NOT the HS games, scheduled by coaches, where the student athletes have no choice but to compete...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Vero Beach Fla.
Suffern N.Y. sec 1
Severn School Md.
St Timmothys Md.
Victor N.Y. sec 5
Regis Jesuit Co.
Air Accadamy Co.
Kent Denver Co.
Wilton Ct.
Danbury Ct.

New Canaan Ct.
Suffern N.Y. sec1
West Genesee N.Y. sec3
Wilton Ct.

Crickets...

I'm guessing that no one replied because the thread was discussing the individual athletes challenging themselves at tryouts against similar age athletes from other areas on LI. NOT the HS games, scheduled by coaches, where the student athletes have no choice but to compete...

This is riveting... Imagine having this much time on your hands to compile such nonsense..... very impressive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know why Bert is not coaching the 2019's anymore? Who is Mitchell and what does this mean for that team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bert is teaming up with Rotanz to start a girls side of Rotanz's Empire Lacrosse. They are going to call it Long Island Legends.

Just Kidding..... Could it be he is stepping back to care of some othropeic health issues???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know why Bert is not coaching the 2019's anymore? Who is Mitchell and what does this mean for that team?

Mitchell is another daddy/uncle coach from (wait for it . . .) Mt. Sinai.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Vero Beach Fla.
Suffern N.Y. sec 1
Severn School Md.
St Timmothys Md.
Victor N.Y. sec 5
Regis Jesuit Co.
Air Accadamy Co.
Kent Denver Co.
Wilton Ct.
Danbury Ct.

New Canaan Ct.
Suffern N.Y. sec1
West Genesee N.Y. sec3
Wilton Ct.

Crickets...

This is riveting... Imagine having this much time on your hands to compile such nonsense..... very impressive
so your going to jump 8n the middle of a conversation that you obviously haven't been following, and make a comment that shows just what an [lacrosse] you are

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bert is teaming up with Rotanz to start a girls side of Rotanz's Empire Lacrosse. They are going to call it Long Island Legends.

Just Kidding..... Could it be he is stepping back to care of some othropeic health issues???

My daughter played for Pete Mitchell, Consider yourself very lucky. He may be the best coach YJ has! His practices are very well run and the girls learn a lot. He also will practice more than anyone, so you will definitely get your moneys worth! My daughter loved playing for him and he treated her and all the girls great!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true the YJ's have bought an armored car and had it wrapped in blue and yellow? It's that time of year when moving around all that cash is quite a chore. Un beeelievable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Vero Beach Fla.
Suffern N.Y. sec 1
Severn School Md.
St Timmothys Md.
Victor N.Y. sec 5
Regis Jesuit Co.
Air Accadamy Co.
Kent Denver Co.
Wilton Ct.
Danbury Ct.

New Canaan Ct.
Suffern N.Y. sec1
West Genesee N.Y. sec3
Wilton Ct.

Crickets...

so your going to jump 8n the middle of a conversation that you obviously haven't been following, and make a comment that shows just what an [lacrosse] you are

This list is MEANINGLESS!! The public schools are limited with their schedules and can only afford MAYBE one or two games out of conference. It is also a financial issue, The girls usually have to fund raise to pay for the trip! Furthermore, there is way more talent and competition in the public schools. St. A's is the only school with consistent talent in the catholics! All that being said, the discussion was about who were the best INDIVIDUAL players. It is hard to be considered the best if you don't tryout to play with and against the best!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Does anyone know why Bert is not coaching the 2019's anymore? Who is Mitchell and what does this mean for that team?

My daughter played for Pete Mitchell, Consider yourself very lucky. He may be the best coach YJ has! His practices are very well run and the girls learn a lot. He also will practice more than anyone, so you will definitely get your moneys worth! My daughter loved playing for him and he treated her and all the girls great! [/quote

Mitchell is great-Manning on the other hand...hopefully Pete who actually knows lacrosse will take control of this team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Does anyone know why Bert is not coaching the 2019's anymore? Who is Mitchell and what does this mean for that team?

My daughter played for Pete Mitchell, Consider yourself very lucky. He may be the best coach YJ has! His practices are very well run and the girls learn a lot. He also will practice more than anyone, so you will definitely get your moneys worth! My daughter loved playing for him and he treated her and all the girls great! [/quote

Mitchell is great-Manning on the other hand...hopefully Pete who actually knows lacrosse will take control of this team.

what about the tg daddy?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When HS careers end, and these girls go off to a very impressive list of colleges...where are they after college? Have they been able to utilize their college experience to position themselves for a successful career?
With all the emphasis on lacrosse, is there time for academics?
Where have the past 6-12 years worth of early commitments ended up in the real world?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When HS careers end, and these girls go off to a very impressive list of colleges...where are they after college? Have they been able to utilize their college experience to position themselves for a successful career?
Where have the past 6-12 years worth of early commitments ended up in the real world?

Either working in a job given to them by family or working in walmart.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many have substitute teaching jobs as they look for fulltime employment and do coaching and training for travel programs. The rest get regular jobs like everyone else and won't play again until they coach their daughters PAL team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many have substitute teaching jobs as they look for fulltime employment and do coaching and training for travel programs. The rest get regular jobs like everyone else and won't play again until they coach their daughters PAL team

This was a breakdown done on a CT Forum for boy's anyone have the time to figure out for a girls class

http://network.laxpower.com/laxforum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=52732&start=20

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Thank you, voice of reason. Lax is great but it ends. It's the education that goes with you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except for the very small handful of girls that will compete for a national championship the rest will continue to compete in college on a club or varsity program playing a game they like with like minded girls who are their friends. This committing and all the other BS surrounding it means nothing in the end. Let them play, have some fun, and get a degree. We have been through it and were wound tighter than most. In hindsight we stressed way more than our daughter. She just wanted to play and we just wanted to say she committed. She was smarter than us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Either working in a job given to them by family or working in walmart.

Working side by side at Walmart with your wife. Many of these early commits are driven in all facets of their life and will do excellent on the field and in the classroom. Recruiters and graduate school admission officers are well aware that D1 student athletes make excellent candidates as they are highly competitive and have learned time management . Amazing so many of you jeolous losers are against kids chasing their dreams , sounds as if you have kids who just did not cut it at lax so you need to tear down the kids who are .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First, I have been hearing of several kids who have left the colleges that lacrosse got them into. Not always wise to push them into a situation where they will be in above their heads.
Second, I played in college, division 3, was a great experience, lacrosse did not get me into my college, and I was able to have a well balanced college experience.
Third, it has been many years since college, and I can assure you no one asks me on a regular basis if I played lacrosse in college, nor is it something I go around talking about.
Like the poster above said, lacrosse is only in my life now because I coach my children's teams. Make sure it is what your child wants, and it is only a part of her college experience, not the thing that will dictate their 4 years. Again, even Division 1 will not parlay into a lucrative career for 99.9 percent of people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First, I have been hearing of several kids who have left the colleges that lacrosse got them into. Not always wise to push them into a situation where they will be in above their heads.
Second, I played in college, division 3, was a great experience, lacrosse did not get me into my college, and I was able to have a well balanced college experience.
Third, it has been many years since college, and I can assure you no one asks me on a regular basis if I played lacrosse in college, nor is it something I go around talking about.
Like the poster above said, lacrosse is only in my life now because I coach my children's teams. Make sure it is what your child wants, and it is only a part of her college experience, not the thing that will dictate their 4 years. Again, even Division 1 will not parlay into a lucrative career for 99.9 percent of people.

We know of some really smart kids that are going to academic schools that are beneath them just because they are feeling some coaches love and being thrown some athletic money...WRONG CHOICE PEOPLE! Make sure it's the right school and if lacrosse fits great. I agree that this committing thing is way out of control and overblown. If your kid has a 100 average, they shouldn't be going to a 80 average school because the lacrosse coach gave them some money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]When HS careers end, and these girls go off to a very impressive list of colleges...where are they after college? Have they been able to utilize their college experience to position themselves for a successful career?

Either working in a job given to them by family or working in walmart. [/quote

or coaching yj

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We know of some really smart kids that are going to academic schools that are beneath them just because they are feeling some coaches love and being thrown some athletic money...WRONG CHOICE PEOPLE! Make sure it's the right school and if lacrosse fits great. I agree that this committing thing is way out of control and overblown. If your kid has a 100 average, they shouldn't be going to a 80 average school because the lacrosse coach gave them some money.

Excuse me, but that kind of thinking would undermine everything that cr is selling you...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Excuse me, but that kind of thinking would undermine everything that cr is selling you...

Pretty sure many YJs are going to top academic schools also. A 17 blue just committed to Harvard and there's a few more on that team going Ivy as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As far as I know I.m. Tried out and made schoolgirls, the first team and under armor. She was also invited to try out for u19 and heard she was down to the last cut. C.q. Made the team . As far as e.b. She's a great player and St a seems like it will be stacked this year especially with their goalie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hilarious that some TG losers are in here bashing CR on the college placements of her players when just about everyone of them are going to a school better than Hofstra . Please tell me the fantastic career choices your super academic daughters have picked . Also please tell me the schools that these 100 average kids have picked that are beneath them , you can't because CR does not pressure anyone to go to certain schools .She may have a better relationship with some coaches than others .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hilarious that some TG losers are in here bashing CR on the college placements of her players when just about everyone of them are going to a school better than Hofstra . Please tell me the fantastic career choices your super academic daughters have picked . Also please tell me the schools that these 100 average kids have picked that are beneath them , you can't because CR does not pressure anyone to go to certain schools .She may have a better relationship with some coaches than others .

You don't know cr or anything about her if you don't think that she pressures her blue chip players to go to certain schools

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CR wanted SS to go to ND so much that she promised SS to them. When SS chose to go to NW CR went nuts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

unless you have a child who is a Blue chip player that got pressured to go to a particular school, stop posting second hand bull [lacrosse]! I have never heard any Blue Chip kid being pressured by CR! I know a lot of them personally including my own! It doesn't happen! In fact she I very careful not to influence the kids! Contrary to what all you TG people think, She is not a monster! She is actually a very nice women! The kids love her! Even some of the TG kids! Give it a rest!
You don't know cr or anything about her if you don't think that she pressures her blue chip players to go to certain schools

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CR wanted SS to go to ND so much that she promised SS to them. When SS chose to go to NW CR went nuts.

Went nuts...ok whatever you say

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blue kids get into better schools then they deserve sometimes no doubt. The kids on the rest of the teams are settling for schools that make them an offer. Some on those teams would be better off going to stronger academic schools and just playing club lacrosse. But if you play travel we all think they must commit!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again just another db parent who has no idea what they are talking about. Name the school she is pressuring kids to go to, or the school that some kid went to that they really did not want to. Have been thru the recruiting process with her , my daughter had many different options and CR personally told me that she stays away from recommending one school over another. All of you who think a kid should base their choice of school strictly on the schools World News ranking are clueless.Your kid should pick the school that fits the best on many different criteria , location, size , academics, cost, social factors and yes lacrosse if they plan on playing.

Like Reply Quote
Page 177 of 327 1 2 175 176 177 178 179 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard