BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,898
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Boys 2027-9th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think it happens. I had a conversation with a lax dad recently where they made reference to it. I thought they were joking at first but thinking about it later I it seemed like they were serious. I've heard it discussed multiple times by parents with kids on the smaller size who were contemplating if/when they should have their son start taking it.

We've all run into our share of parents who unabashedly will do anything to give their kid an advantage. It's only natural that this would include HGH.

Please stop this insanity. Every parent of a kid who isn’t as good as his competition makes excuses. That’s the real problem with lacrosse, parents who cannot accept the truth. Always an excuse as to why their kid isn’t the best player on the field. Ridiculous

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it happens. I had a conversation with a lax dad recently where they made reference to it. I thought they were joking at first but thinking about it later I it seemed like they were serious. I've heard it discussed multiple times by parents with kids on the smaller size who were contemplating if/when they should have their son start taking it.

We've all run into our share of parents who unabashedly will do anything to give their kid an advantage. It's only natural that this would include HGH.

That's very sad if that has in fact become "only natural". We are taking about lacrosse.....with the exception of posaibihelpjng a kid get into a school they otherwise would not it is a dead end sport with no future in terms of professional careers with money making ability like other professional sports . So first we accepted hood backs etc ...with parents justifying their kid getting an advantage and graduating at 24 years old from college ...now we're at the point where we are accepting parents pumping their kids full of substance to get an advantage.....again ...all for a sport with no future. Very very sad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So to recap.
Reclass your kid in K, 8th grade or both.
Then put them on HGH.
Prep school for a PG year.
Redshirt their first yr of college.
Brag about them playing in College.
Then they take a job working for one of their peers who graduated on time 3-4 yrs before them.
See a Dr for side effects of HGH use. Diabetes, heart disease and blood clots.
Have them talk to a therapist weekly about how their parents screwed up their lives.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's very sad if that has in fact become "only natural". We are taking about lacrosse.....with the exception of posaibihelpjng a kid get into a school they otherwise would not it is a dead end sport with no future in terms of professional careers with money making ability like other professional sports . So first we accepted hood backs etc ...with parents justifying their kid getting an advantage and graduating at 24 years old from college ...now we're at the point where we are accepting parents pumping their kids full of substance to get an advantage.....again ...all for a sport with no future. Very very sad

It is sad but unfortunately it exists. The "dead end sport" is a moot point though. It's never been about a future career in lacrosse for these families. It's 100% about getting into an elite school or being able to brag about their kid playing D1. It's basically the Varsity Blues approach but cheaper and legal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please stop this insanity. Every parent of a kid who isn’t as good as his competition makes excuses. That’s the real problem with lacrosse, parents who cannot accept the truth. Always an excuse as to why their kid isn’t the best player on the field. Ridiculous

Where in that statement is an excuse? I accept that other parents will go to extremes I won't and I'm 100% content with my decisions. I always tell my kids that the playing field is never level in sports or in life - you'll have advantages over some and others will have advantages over you - get over it.

Is there any way to point out and acknowledge a serious problem in the sport that isn't "making excuses"?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks, reclasses, HGH use .....what's next ?

To expand on the above posters point ....what happens after college ? In the real world and this is from a real experience that was passed on ....a kid goes to hey an interview at a job and the interviewing manager asks " what did you do in college besides play lacrosse"
...and that kid didn't make it oasg the first round of interviews. So if your kid will be content running lacrosse clinics when he graduates....start to focus on the grades and what matters most ..which is a good education that can help you with whatever you decide to do as a real career in the future .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where in that statement is an excuse? I accept that other parents will go to extremes I won't and I'm 100% content with my decisions. I always tell my kids that the playing field is never level in sports or in life - you'll have advantages over some and others will have advantages over you - get over it.

Is there any way to point out and acknowledge a serious problem in the sport that isn't "making excuses"?

There’s no HGH use, just disgruntled parents whose kids aren’t as talented making excuses for them. First it was holdback keeping their kids down, now it’s HGH, which if anyone knew anything about, would understand the difficulty of even obtaining it, keeping (needs to be refrigerated) and the insane cost, which is about $3000-$5000 a month on the black market. It’s a notIntelligent sad claim. Your kid [Censored], get over it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There’s no HGH use, just disgruntled parents whose kids aren’t as talented making excuses for them. First it was holdback keeping their kids down, now it’s HGH, which if anyone knew anything about, would understand the difficulty of even obtaining it, keeping (needs to be refrigerated) and the insane cost, which is about $3000-$5000 a month on the black market. It’s a notIntelligent sad claim. Your kid [Censored], get over it.

Guess this topic hit a little too close to home!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guy knows a lot about HGH but no one is using it. Just believe him and bury your head in the sand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guy knows a lot about HGH but no one is using it. Just believe him and bury your head in the sand.

Your son is neither athletic nor very good at lacrosse. Therefore you make up excuses, I don’t, my kid either gets it done or doesn’t, he’s better than some and not as good as others. I don’t make excuses for him like you do for your son. That’s it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So to recap.
Then put them on HGH.
Then they take a job working for one of their peers who graduated on time 3-4 yrs before them.
Have them talk to a therapist weekly about how their parents screwed up their lives.

lol.. Sounds about right.. Living the dream... haha.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So to recap.
Then put them on HGH.

Sounds like the 91 way!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone in the know list the top 5 showcases

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pssst....no one cares about wins and losses anymore. Or rankings. It's about recruiting now. Being seen and being the best possible player.

Time for parents to lose their brand name club egos and focus on helping their boys get better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
pp didn't ask about clubs, he asked about showcases.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So to recap.
Then put them on HGH.

Sounds like the 91 way!

Sounds like the rantings of a parent of a subpar athlete.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So to recap.
Then put them on HGH.

Sounds like the 91 way!

I can’t believe we’re still talking about reclasses in high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In the know, not sure but my opinion based on navigating 2 high D1 kids through the process over the last 2 years.

1- Showtime- it’s the grand daddy of them all. All Star teams pre ordained but getting in alone adds credibility
2- Main Stage- Great event. Felt it was less pre ordained and venue is terrific.
3- Juniors Open- Philadelphia is not a place for a showcase
4- Inside Lacrosse- Get on their radar at their event.
5- OnePercent- Dont like it and didnt do it. Completely pre ordained but there are coaches there and it is NLF heavy.
6- Prospect days if you are not the pre ordained may have just as much value. One coach told us there is getting in to the showcase which is great but they are watching the all star game which are kids they request to see or that club coaches influence having on there.

5th can be debated but if you look at generating views and the ranking systems IL and the NLF 1% have their own value.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just went through the process last year and these were my takeaways

1- Showtime- its is what it is, but do not panic if you dont get the look - plenty of kids going to top 10 lax programs that did not attend
2- Juniors open sidelines were absolutely packed, i would say as much as Showtime- Philly is tough, parking was tough , hotels were pricey - but 1000000000% worth it
3- main stage was awesome, except day 1 of the 2 day event was a dead period , so no coaches
4- One Percent is a waste unless you already ranked and your just looking to stay on Chandiks good side , not a ton of coaches- most parents just checking off that NLF Box
5- NLF 120 - it was good event - saw a fair amount of good coaches , but only 2 games,

6- Nike all star , last year it was absolutely packed packed with coaches - it was the day after Main stage and all those coaches traveled 20 minutes north to Nike (this year it may conflict)

one thing to be aware of, some tourneys Sweetlax, NALF, Yale Bulldog prior to the Prime time tourney have pre event clinics that in my opinion are very very good. , lets say your son lights it up, decent chance a coach shows up to watch him the next day

just finish on 2 things

1- if your son is a top ranked player , etc, you can get away with a combination of 2 of these showtime, mainstage , juniors etc plus maybe a prospect camp

2- communicate with your hs coaches, and directors prior to these events as advocate is essential

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best in Class as well -is very very good,. each year it gets better and better in terms of college coaches , but the instruction is A pLUS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would add "The Show" as a showcase to consider. It really helped my older son get looks from some mid-Atlantic and southern schools that hadn't seen him up here. And it's not pre-ordained at all. My son made the all-star team and was under the radar leading up to it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In the know, not sure but my opinion based on navigating 2 high D1 kids through the process over the last 2 years.

1- Showtime- it’s the grand daddy of them all. All Star teams pre ordained but getting in alone adds credibility
2- Main Stage- Great event. Felt it was less pre ordained and venue is terrific.
3- Juniors Open- Philadelphia is not a place for a showcase
4- Inside Lacrosse- Get on their radar at their event.
5- OnePercent- Dont like it and didnt do it. Completely pre ordained but there are coaches there and it is NLF heavy.
6- Prospect days if you are not the pre ordained may have just as much value. One coach told us there is getting in to the showcase which is great but they are watching the all star game which are kids they request to see or that club coaches influence having on there.

5th can be debated but if you look at generating views and the ranking systems IL and the NLF 1% have their own value.

I wish more understood the “preordained”
It is alive and well. The parents that hustled and schmoozed know what I mean.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The people posting in here have NO idea what they are talking about with regards to coaches and recruiting.

If you think college coaches won't recruit your son because they play for a public school, maybe your son just isn't good enough. Coaches will always find the talented kids.

Amen to this.

I do find it interesting that so many are focused on the rich kids. I think it’s more the good ole boy my dad is friends with so and so more than his dad is rich. I watch some lax moms maneuver like nobodies business. It’s who you know for sure. As someone calls it “preordained”
Maybe networking is another word. But if you aren’t networking it seems your kid will get lost in the shuffle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone keeps coming on here
The people posting in here have NO idea what they are talking about with regards to coaches and recruiting.

If you think college coaches won't recruit your son because they play for a public school, maybe your son just isn't good enough. Coaches will always find the talented kids.

Amen to this.

I do find it interesting that so many are focused on the rich kids. I think it’s more the good ole boy my dad is friends with so and so more than his dad is rich. I watch some lax moms maneuver like nobodies business. It’s who you know for sure. As someone calls it “preordained”
Maybe networking is another word. But if you aren’t networking it seems your kid will get lost in the shuffle.

Someone keeps coming on here trying to bait people to say something bad about high school players. As the pp said, coaches will find talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone keeps coming on here

Amen to this.

Someone keeps coming on here trying to bait people to say something bad about high school players. As the pp said, coaches will find talent.

Okay, keep believing in your little fantasy. But if you just look at facts you’ll see the truth. Or keep fooling yourself, no one really cares.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So to recap.
Then put them on HGH.

Sounds like the 91 way!

Years ago took my kid to a clinic run by a professional lacrosse player. All went well, he was a great guy and taught the kids a bunch. We all leave and the pro gets into his beaten up Hyundai Elantra that he barely fits into. This is not a sport that will make you rich. Graduate on time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So to recap.
Then put them on HGH.

Sounds like the 91 way!

Years ago took my kid to a clinic run by a professional lacrosse player. All went well, he was a great guy and taught the kids a bunch. We all leave and the pro gets into his beaten up Hyundai Elantra that he barely fits into. This is not a sport that will make you rich. Graduate on time.

Hey clown, ever think he loves what he does? You’re a typical lax parent, judgmental and an a.h.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So to recap.
Then put them on HGH.

Sounds like the 91 way!

Hey clown, ever think he loves what he does? You’re a typical lax parent, judgmental and an a.h.

You can love what you do and do what you love but you don’t need to reclass to do it. Sounds like we hit a re lass parent nerve though hahaha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truth

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"The Greatest Commodity in the world is Time" - Gordan Gekko

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on The Show? It’s in October 2027’s only

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone do Excelsior? How was it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terrible...the whole organization is a bait & switch. STAY AWAY!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That means your kid can’t play!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anything run by LILJ for boys is a joke . The family who runs LILJ ran FLG boys club into the ground and now tries to make money with these "showcases" among other things for boys. They also are trying to do high school rankings now lol.....they know nothing about boys lacrosse on long island and are just fed information from a few coaches that they know in exchange for propping up some of the coaches boys and club teams . Complete joke and money grab .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anything run by LILJ for boys is a joke . The family who runs LILJ ran FLG boys club into the ground and now tries to make money with these "showcases" among other things for boys. They also are trying to do high school rankings now lol.....they know nothing about boys lacrosse on long island and are just fed information from a few coaches that they know in exchange for propping up some of the coaches boys and club teams . Complete joke and money grab .

Do you think it’s the same for girls too?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree - LILJ is like a paid marketing firm for mediocre lacrosse players who like to see their names and pictures on the LILJ IG page....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rosters are out for the LILJ All 91 Games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rosters are out for the LILJ All 91 Games.
They having a paid team practice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terrible...the whole organization is a bait & switch. STAY AWAY!!!!!

This is true. Did Excelsior last year. Waste of time and money. At least it's local this year.

I can help get your kids on the LILJ watchlists if they care about meaningless Instagram fame.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard