Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think it happens. I had a conversation with a lax dad recently where they made reference to it. I thought they were joking at first but thinking about it later I it seemed like they were serious. I've heard it discussed multiple times by parents with kids on the smaller size who were contemplating if/when they should have their son start taking it.

We've all run into our share of parents who unabashedly will do anything to give their kid an advantage. It's only natural that this would include HGH.

Please stop this insanity. Every parent of a kid who isn’t as good as his competition makes excuses. That’s the real problem with lacrosse, parents who cannot accept the truth. Always an excuse as to why their kid isn’t the best player on the field. Ridiculous

Where in that statement is an excuse? I accept that other parents will go to extremes I won't and I'm 100% content with my decisions. I always tell my kids that the playing field is never level in sports or in life - you'll have advantages over some and others will have advantages over you - get over it.

Is there any way to point out and acknowledge a serious problem in the sport that isn't "making excuses"?

There’s no HGH use, just disgruntled parents whose kids aren’t as talented making excuses for them. First it was holdback keeping their kids down, now it’s HGH, which if anyone knew anything about, would understand the difficulty of even obtaining it, keeping (needs to be refrigerated) and the insane cost, which is about $3000-$5000 a month on the black market. It’s a notIntelligent sad claim. Your kid [Censored], get over it.