Originally Posted by Anonymous
The grind starts in Feb and will go through July for most of these 2027s. I can't imagine having them fresh off a fall sport into a winter sport before this begins. As someone stated, its ok to rest if there's a lingering issue. Do it now before the body forces you to rest.

No real need for grind. Play high school and tournaments only. Don’t do all the overpriced non recruiting year summer events that all your friends do.

Agreed. Save your $$ for August last chance prospect days when coaches will actually be looking at 27s.

Coaches at d1 will not be looking at 27s till August at earliest. I’m sure someone will disagree but the will move on when done 26.

For me, its about building your resume, not about getting seen by coaches. No college coaches were scouting AS 2027 last year, but those girls did get their name added to that list, got film and in some cases, got auto invites for other things like Best in Class and Juniors. When they evaluate who gets accepted to these things, those things matter and that is where it comes into play.
I disagree - the "resume" does not matter. Getting in front of College coaches is what matters. You can be invited to ALL sorts of things, but coaches are NOT looking at that.