BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,872
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Thread Like Summary
Pieces516
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Girl's 2027 Grades - Mid Atlantic Region #430152 11/29/2023 5:16 PM
by BOTC_EVENTS
BOTC_EVENTS
Here is the last page of the previous 2027 Girls Mid Atlantic Region Thread..... {lease use think and comment in the new field. If you scroll down to the very Bottom of this Post, you will see the Last Thread from the previous Thread in Bold Letters.

Thanks and our apologize for the inconvenient.

Anonymous#430121NewWed Nov 29 2023 09:10 AM Originally Posted by Anonymous Here's my take on the MD teams in Top-25.

1) Hero's Green
Hard to say they should be ranked ahead of M&D, but really splitting hairs here, based on last year of data and fall, I got no problem with them at #1.

2) M&D
They are getting a lot of credit for blowing out teams I feel are overinflated (CLC/Phantastix), they also had some injuries to key players and aren't where they will be in summer.

11) Skywalkers Blue
Obviously they improved, we all saw this coming, I'm not sure they are top-12 though. Their best game was a 4-3 win over Mass Elite. Some things don't look good, a 5-4 win over Salt City? Only losing by 3 to FS and by 1 to M&D (was this a palyoff short game?) looks great.

16) Coppermine
They always hang around, maybe they are as good as they've been, they don't have a signature win but the 5-6 loss to Aces was impressive, but losing to HW 5-6 as well. Just odd.

19) MD United
I know they are without some stars due to injury but I still don't think these scores should be this ugly. Losing to CT Grizzles and not even competing against FS and HG, two teams they tied or beat last year.

What’s your take on the NY teams in top 25?

3) Jesters
I know they added a new goalie but to me their defense is one of the best anyways so already strong there. They aren't top-5, but yes, they are still top-10 and will have some nice wins. Offense will be better than previous seasons.

5) Aces
They are inconsistent, but when on, they are as tough as anyone. I always felt if you can keep up in Draws, and slow game down, you can beat them. If you combined Jesters with Aces it would be a super team. Nice showing against M&D but got all they could handle vs Coppermine.

9) Prime Time
They aren't this good. They are solid team no doubt but not top-10. Blowing the doors off Top Guns got them in top-10. Couple of nice offensive players.

12) Monster
There's not one game where I was impressed based on scores, I think PT and Triple Threat are overrated based on standings, and I think they are in that category with them. They do have a few girls who can really shoot well.

24) Liberty
This sounds about right. They did almost beat Steps Navy, which I find a real tough team to figure out. 6-3 win over NXT legitimizes their ranking.

Like Edit Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS
Vantage Sports

Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous#430122NewWed Nov 29 2023 09:12 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Neither of those teams have peaked. They both have great multi-sport athletes up and down the roster that have been dealing with injury or in season High School and club sports. They'll keep competing at a high level. The great thing about both of those teams is that they've largely kept the same rosters and been loyal to each other. Developed over time and will continue to do so. I cheer for both of them.

I've seen Coppermine vs MDU go head to head and its always a hard fought, well played game. ITs not M&D vs Hero's, but its entertaining.

Like Edit Reply Quote

Anonymous#430127NewWed Nov 29 2023 09:29 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Neither of those teams have peaked. They both have great multi-sport athletes up and down the roster that have been dealing with injury or in season High School and club sports. They'll keep competing at a high level. The great thing about both of those teams is that they've largely kept the same rosters and been loyal to each other. Developed over time and will continue to do so. I cheer for both of them.

I've seen Coppermine vs MDU go head to head and its always a hard fought, well played game. ITs not M&D vs Hero's, but its entertaining.

M&D and Hero's on a different level. But people tend to forget sometimes there is still a lot of great lacrosse played among many other local teams. We're lucky to live in an area where there are so many viewing options at tournaments

Like Edit Reply Quote

Anonymous#430144NewWed Nov 29 2023 11:01 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's my take on the MD teams in Top-25.

1) Hero's Green
Hard to say they should be ranked ahead of M&D, but really splitting hairs here, based on last year of data and fall, I got no problem with them at #1.

2) M&D
They are getting a lot of credit for blowing out teams I feel are overinflated (CLC/Phantastix), they also had some injuries to key players and aren't where they will be in summer.

11) Skywalkers Blue
Obviously they improved, we all saw this coming, I'm not sure they are top-12 though. Their best game was a 4-3 win over Mass Elite. Some things don't look good, a 5-4 win over Salt City? Only losing by 3 to FS and by 1 to M&D (was this a palyoff short game?) looks great.

16) Coppermine
They always hang around, maybe they are as good as they've been, they don't have a signature win but the 5-6 loss to Aces was impressive, but losing to HW 5-6 as well. Just odd.

19) MD United
I know they are without some stars due to injury but I still don't think these scores should be this ugly. Losing to CT Grizzles and not even competing against FS and HG, two teams they tied or beat last year.

What’s your take on the NY teams in top 25?

3) Jesters
I know they added a new goalie but to me their defense is one of the best anyways so already strong there. They aren't top-5, but yes, they are still top-10 and will have some nice wins. Offense will be better than previous seasons.

5) Aces
They are inconsistent, but when on, they are as tough as anyone. I always felt if you can keep up in Draws, and slow game down, you can beat them. If you combined Jesters with Aces it would be a super team. Nice showing against M&D but got all they could handle vs Coppermine.

9) Prime Time
They aren't this good. They are solid team no doubt but not top-10. Blowing the doors off Top Guns got them in top-10. Couple of nice offensive players.

12) Monster
There's not one game where I was impressed based on scores, I think PT and Triple Threat are overrated based on standings, and I think they are in that category with them. They do have a few girls who can really shoot well.

24) Liberty
This sounds about right. They did almost beat Steps Navy, which I find a real tough team to figure out. 6-3 win over NXT legitimizes their ranking.

Aces is always an X factor. Incredibly attacking options. However, their draw girl probably false starts on 70% of draws. When refs start calling that, they can't beat good teams. When they don't, they will win 2/3rds of the draw and can beat anyone.

Yellow Jackets is most talented team in Northeast and will minimal roster changes since last year will be competitive in every tourney this Summer.
Liked Replies
Re: Girl's 2027 Grades - Mid Atlantic Region #432532 Jan 25th a 07:55 PM
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
Completely useless. They are based on nominations by a club or high school coach. Lacrosse Magazine and All America by CSE are a complete joke.

3 of the best 2024s in the country who are local aren’t on the CSE list. But Gerstell’s coach got 3 of his HS players, including his daughter, and 2 from his club team included. Guess what? He is one of the coaches for the AA teams.

Lisa and parents can nominate themselves too. Of all the lists and rankings in lacrosse, this one is the most useless.

They reached out to every top 30 or so club director and asked them to nominate 2 players. Notice how there are exactly 2 players for every club but on. You can apply, but I doubt if anyone gets in just by application.

Making a watchlist can be helpful if you play on a club noone has ever heard of. But for kids on top clubs, coaches will watch their games next year regardless.
2 members like this